Passion (Fallen, #3)

Passion (Fallen #3)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  83,576 ratings  ·  4,470 reviews
Luce would die for Daniel.

And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn't need to be that way....

Luce is certain that something - or someone - in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of t...more
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 420 pages
Published June 14th 2011 by Delacorte Press (first published January 1st 2011)

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDivergent by Veronica Roth
YA Novels of 2011
6th out of 1,282 books — 6,740 voters
City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareForever by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Can't Wait Books For 2011
7th out of 1,237 books — 6,939 voters

More lists with this book...

Cait
This review can also be found on my blog, Cait's Corner!

Shhhh! Do you hear that? It's the horrible screams of your money, doomed to spend the rest of their lives with the shame of having been used to purchase this book, and my poor ten dollars are among them. In order to keep your money from the same sad fate, I have quite a few reasons why you should not buy this book, which turned out to be a huge disappointment:

1. The Writing

Throughout the whole novel her writing is extremely choppy and a...more
Zemira Warner
I want Luce to be with Cam!
I kind of think that this whole "love" between Luce and Daniel is just like the one with Elena and Stefan. I´m so sick of it. In my opinion Elena should be with Damon and Luce should be with Cam.
kari
Jun 23, 2011 kari rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya, 2011
Three books. Count them. Three. And yet in all those many many MANY pages, there is still no foundation for Daniel and Luce’s love. None. Not one. Oh, unless you consider his chiseled nose, his violet eyes, his firm chest, his rippling abs or his whatever to be a basis for it. This isn’t love. It’s lust. Lust, not pure, beautiful, eternal love that we’re supposed to believe in, but lust. One of the seven deadly, no wonder these two were cursed for it.
We’ve traveled back to the first place when...more
Lea
**SOME SPOILERS**

Sigh... OK, ready for this?

So, as you may know, the Fallen series is definitely not one of my favorites-- but I am inexplicably drawn to them like a moth to a flame, or a fat guy to a doughnut-- and I keep reading, in the vain hope that someday, somehow I will finally understand what was going through LK's head when she wrote these books...

so, here we go:

~Brief Summary~

At the end of the last book, Luce had had enough of absolutely no one telling her what the heck was going on...more
Inge
Yes, this review contains spoilers. But how can you really spoil a book when nothing happens?

---

Here is the short review:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the long review:

And the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, What the Hell Were You Thinking goes to… Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good evening. I am here with Lucinda Price and Daniel Grigori, the winners of the award for The Worst Couple to Have Ever Been Written In the History of Mankind, No Seriously, W...more
Andrea
Review Below :)

Ooooo, the cover is out. It's... different.

Ok, this is definitely sounding like a prequel type book guys.

It might be the third in the series, but it goes backwards and covers 5000+ years....
But perhaps it covers those years as she travels, so it is them looking back, rather than a true prequel? So a hybrid prequel?!

REVIEW TIME!

Finished Passion in about 4 hours, so a nice quick read.

Three and a half stars!

Not to sure how to really review this book, as it was so very different to...more
Nurlely
Luce stepped into the Announcer, leaving her Daniel behind, trying to understand everything, and to destroy the curse. From Moscow to Milan, she travelled alone, had no idea of Daniel following her. Daniel was always a step late. In Moscow, Luce found out that all the angels, Cam, Gabbe, Arriane, Roland and Molly were also there. They had good knowledge of her fearful fate.

In Helston, England, 1854 she met Bill, a tiny gargoyle inside her announcer. Bill helped her adjusted herself with the curr...more
Emilija
Now this is what I call torture. I have literally never suffered when reading a book, like I suffered when reading Passion. This book really was a pain to read. I wanted to punch something so badly that I ended up taking a jog in the middle of the day to calm down because I am that furious with Lauren Kate. Lauren, thanks to you I damaged my brain not just by banging my head.

It makes me want to cry because I liked the first two books in the series (they weren't some epic books, but they were en...more
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Why do I have a feeling that this book is gonna be worse than the last book? *Sigh* Life of a reader is hard.
Iyah
Jan 07, 2011 Iyah marked it as to-read
***Cover Review***

This is the cover?

Are they serious?

Every year the book cover for the series gets a little more unlikable.

The Brown (eeew) clouds seems out of place.

The girl looks so fake. Her shoulder blades are very disproportional to her torso.

The hair looks filthy and her face looks creepy. Not the face that belongs to a heroine. It's not the face Daniel Gregory would fall for.

If there's one thing that I liked about the cover it would be the lower half of it. Just starting from the word P...more
Dora610
Oct 05, 2010 Dora610 marked it as to-read
so...,a prequel.i don't know how i feel 'bout it.,i'm mostly sad cuz there won't be much Cam,he's the best part of the series.i fear i will have to read about 5000+ years of the "great love" between daniel and Luce.
Zero vi Britannia
If you read this book,
Hope it gives you hell.
If you bought this book,
If you find a review
More than two stars
And you agree,
Then you're a fool
And them as well
Hope it gives you hell!

OK, this is harsh. But fun.
Hayley
Daniel & Luce. A love that spreads across eons of time and one that ends in Luce dying in a ball of fire each and every time. Except this time, something is different and Luce's on a journey through their past lives to find out why. Through ancient China, old fashioned England and Egyptian tombs Luce winds her way towards the answer she is searching for....

And then here is where my problems lie..
WHAT ON EARTH IS SHE SEARCHING FOR?
I know I know, it's all pre-determined and she had to do it to...more
Stacia (out of inspiration)
2.5 stars. The Fallen series has always been sort of a hit and miss with me. The first book was fairly boring and emo, with the only redeeming factors being an interesting ending and an intriguing character (Cam). Sorry to piss off all the rabid fans of book 1, but nothing really happened in that book until the end. It was a lot of mooning and pining and boring conversations. For me, the second book was more interesting story-wise with less filler, but also featured less of Cam and more of new c...more
Miss
THANK YOU GOD, I FINISHED IT!!!
This book sucks terribly.
Fallen and Torment were both really good books and I found the series got a little boring, predictable and disappointing.

Everything in this book got so confusing:
1. It has no plot at all!
2. Time traveling was literally so confusing.
3. Luce is dumbass: what on earth is she searching for?
4. How does Daniel keep changing his appearance in almost each past life? He´s immortal after all. He doesn´t die!
5. Why do all the other fallen angels alway...more
◆✦✧ Jemz ✧✦◆
Oh gosh I wish I was Luce!!!
Yasi
So much hatred below. You've been warned.

I've just done some calculations and finally determined that this is utter garbage.
Like seriously...where do I even begin? This book sucked on so many different levels. I kid you not. It's a wonder why I even read the first three books of this series. What was I thinking? Obviously I wasn't thinking. I didn't even know books could suck this bad...but this book just had to go and prove me wrong. Fat chance I'll be reading the fourth book.

Seriously...if...more
Wafiyah
What the very depths of hell was that?

So, I just finished the book, Passion, and to be honest, it took me about two days or so just to get past thirty pages, which, I have to say, is not normal for a book lover like me. Honestly, this book took me more time to finish than Torment, and maybe it's because of the characters, or the wayward plot, or the massive twists in the story, but it really didn't appeal to me. I mean, honestly, one Luce is something. But centuries of Lucindas? You have got to...more
Katherine
*SPOILERS*
Passion was a big disappointment. Repetitive, boring, and predictable, it dragged and dragged for me. The author said it's the most romantic book, but basically it was just Luce watching all her past selves interact with a past Daniel. Even when she "cleaved" with herself, it was a past version of Daniel that she was talking to/kissing, so it didn't count. And that was the entire book!

Another thing the author said: Passion explains everything. And that would be..what exactly? In one o...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Posted on: http://bookpassionforlife.blogspot.com

Could you believe my luck when I managed to get this book for review? I actually jumped up and down with excitement, I was that excited. As you all know this is one of my favourite series and boy, this book didn't disappoint.

After the events in Torment, Luce starts using the announcers to time travel back in time to find out if she and Daniel are truly meant for each other but also to see if she can break the curse on her once and for all. She the...more
Hayden Casey
(scroll for review)

Fernanda's art was better for this one, too.

After reading TORMENT, I was seriously considering not giving this a chance. I mean, did Lauren Kate think smearing her crap over pages of a book and slapping on a cover of a jaw-dropping cover of a tall, skin-'n'-bones girl sobbing into her hands in front of beautiful grey scenery was a good idea? Yeah, no. TORMENT was literally tormenting to get through.

Thank God I have a two-book rule (if two consequent books in a series suck, I g...more
Mitch Cave
Although I didn't really like it until the last two chapters or so, I thought the writing style was extremely good. The book did lack expectations action-wise as it was pretty borings throughout about 80% of the book. The ending was completely unpredictable and quite shocking, actually. I'm quite scared about the final book, Rapture, due to the ending. I'm scared for the characters. It was left on an 'oh-shit-what-are-we-gonna-do-now?!' ending, so I'm pretty pumped to read Rapture. I thought I w...more
Sandy
I don't give a lot of one-star ratings, but WOW. WOW.

I wanted to scream, I get it! Daniel and Luce are in lust love. BUT WHY? WHY???

I'm still at a loss about what I was supposed to learn from this book. That Daniel and Luce are the most selfish couple of all time? That instalove trumps all?

You think it's bad reading about ONE Luce? Trying reading about a dozen Luces through the centuries. And hello? The gargoyle? What was Luce thinking?

Ugh. That's all I can say after slogging through this book.
AnQi
Passion- such a nice cover. Of course, lots of other people say that the cover is as bad as the book itself is. Personally, I thought Torment was actually a step up from Fallen, and I can see it going a lot of places with passion.
______________________

REVIEW FOR PASSION BY LAUREN KATE

Passion is exactly what its name calls for-an intense, fascinating, read, that crosses the boundary of death and life
kayla**
Ok, so this is a prequel to Fallen and Torment,
following Luce and Daniel's most important moments in 5000+ years...
Sounds goooodddd:)

... So, this book is definitely my favourite of the Fallen Series, I think it's fair to say that they keep getting better.
Definitely a hybrid prequel, and I really enjoyed it...
Liking all the characters a lot more this time around, too!:)
Looking forward to Rapture in 2012!

Trying to figure out if the fact that I've read Paradise Lost has made the book more enjoyabl...more
Nina ♥
Aug 15, 2012 Nina ♥ marked it as to-read
I love the cover. :) Don't get why people don't like it. Yeah the girl looks like a witch (really wish they hadn't shown her face) and looking at those brown clouds makes me think of air pollution/Southern Asia/Pakistan...but I really like her dress, and the red rose she's holding. Why didn't they use the Fallen model, though? This girl's way to skinny.
Glass
I don't know why am I even trying!!! This is the dumbest book ever.
Rachel
Bella (Cheezyfeet Books)
I have a confession to make. I didn't like Fallen, the first book in the series, all that much. Luce annoyed me, and the whole thing to me felt like a copy of Twilight (which I loved, and everything else paled in comparison at the time). I've recently reread it, and I'm happy to say I don't feel like that anymore. And now, having read Torment and Passion too, I'm going to take back what I said and say that this series is awesome, and if you haven't read it yet, what have you been doing for the p...more
SKB
Should Cam get a happy ending in the next book? 86 145 Jun 16, 2013 07:15PM
Outcasts & Daniel - Please no Spoilers from Book 4 12 34 Jun 16, 2013 07:10PM
Fun Reads & R...: Passion 1 4 Apr 03, 2013 07:59PM
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • Evercrossed (Kissed by an Angel, #4)
  • Lost in Time (Blue Bloods, #6)
  • Aerie and Reckoning (The Fallen, #3-4)
  • Entice (Need, #3)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Defiance (Strange Angels, #4)
  • Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
  • Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)
  • Exile (Mercy, #2)
  • Bargains and Betrayals (13 to Life, #3)
  • Enticed (The Violet Eden Chapters, #2)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Betrayal  (Immortal #2)
  • Angel Fire (Angel, #2)
Lauren Kate grew up in Dallas, went to school in Atlanta, and started writing in New York.
She is the author of Fallen and The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove. She lives in Laurel Canyon with her husband and hopes to work in a restaurant kitchen, get a dog, and learn how to surf.
She is currently at work on the sequel to Fallen.
More about Lauren Kate...
Fallen (Fallen, #1) Torment (Fallen, #2) Rapture (Fallen, #4) Fallen in Love (Fallen, #3.5) Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)

9 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I'll always choose you." Yes that was the word. "Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have always chosen me. Forever.” 560 likes
“What if you find your soul mate... at the wrong time?” 463 likes