Start by marking “Eternal Flame (The Immortals, # 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Eternal Flame (The Immortals, # 0.5)

Eternal Flame (The Immortals 0.5)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,452 ratings  ·  100 reviews
Damen's POV
Published June 22nd 2010

To ask other readers questions about Eternal Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternal Flame

Last Sacrifice by Richelle MeadMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsTorment by Lauren KateCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickSpirit Bound by Richelle Mead
2010,2011 CAN'T WAIT for books
44th out of 61 books — 103 voters
Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareCrescendo by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Fallen Angels by Cassandra ClareClockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
YA book choices for 2010&2011
133rd out of 166 books — 316 voters

More lists with this book...

Ambulur
***sigh***
this was so great! i can't believe what a tease this is though! i love that Alyson Noel did Damen's story, but seriously...12 pages?! are you kidding me?!

i fell in love with evermore but was so let down with the other books in the series...this short story was a total breath of fresh air!

three words alyson noel...PLEASE FINISH THIS!
Selena
What a tease!!! Alyson Noel you can't just go about writing one silly little short story about how Damen and Ever met. That's just not right. My life would be complete if you made an entire new series from his point of view... oh my god and every time Ever died in each of her lives. That would be the best series I have ever read in my life and I am sure my fellow Immortals fans would agree! I was so sad after finishing the series like how am I supposed to read six books and get on with my life w ...more
Sofia Lazaridou
OH MY GOD!!!!!MY WISH CAME TRUE!!A story form Damens POV!!
The story happens in Paris in 1608.Damen is a rich guy who goes to a party he is invited and there he meets Evelin(our beloved Ever).Evelin is a waitress there and she wants to take Damen's plate.When Damen sees her and touchs her he feels something,sort of what Ever felt at Evermorewhen she met him for the first time.
I loved this insight to Damem's head and helped me to see more about the way he thinks,how he feels about his relationship
Anastasia
"Δεν μπορουν να δουν αυτο που βλεπω εγω. Δεν μπορουν να δουν το μεγαλειωδες περιεχομενο περα απο το θλιβερο περιτυλιγμα, και παραμενουν απελπιστικα τυφλοι σ'εκεινο ακριβως που ειναι τοσο ξεκαθαρο για μενα.
Ειναι το πεπρωμενο μου...η αιτια της υπαρξης μου.
Γνωριζω καλα οτι η ζωη μου εχει αλλαξει αμετακλητα, για παντα.
Γνωριζω οτι στο εξης τιποτε, τιποτε απολυτως δεν θα ειναι πια το ιδιο."

Εξαιρετικο. Συγκλονιστικο.
Απλα υπεροχο.

Ειναι αξιοθαυμαστο πως 9 σελιδες μπορουν να σου προκαλεσουν κατι τετοιο.
Απ
Jasmine
This book is the prequel of The Immortals series, no wonder it's really short. The whole story is in Damen's(the male main character) point of view and it tells us about his past (view spoiler) and how he had met Ever(Evelin) long before they were classmates in school in book 1, Evermore. I can only interpret their relationship later in book 1 "coincidentally" as their destiny. Or fate. Or something meant to be. It well explained t ...more
Katerina
"δεν μπορουν να δουν αυτο που βλεπω εγω..
δεν μπορουν να δουν το μεγαλειωδες περιεχομενο
περα απο το θλιβερο περιτυλιγμα
και απαραμενουν απελπιστικα τυφλοι
σ εκεινο ακριβως που ειναιτοσο ξεκαθαρο για μενα
αυτο το κοριτσι
αυτη η υπηρετριααυτη η Εβαλιν
ενσαρκωνει απολυτα ολα οσα αναζητω...
ειναι το πεπρωμενο μου...
ειναι η αιτια υπαρξης μου....."

ΠΩΣ ΜΠΟΡΕΙΣ ΝΑ ΜΗΝ ΛΑΤΡΕΨΕΙΣ ΑΥΤΟΝ ΤΟΝ ΑΝΤΡΑ????
Αχ Ντεμιεν...<3
Merary
The only way you can read this story is if you go to The Immortals official site and subscribe to get the it.

From the point of view of Damen, we discover the VERY first time he meets Eveline (Ever), his soulmate, centuries ago.

Despite my hatred for the series, I got to admit that Alyson Noel is an excellent writer.
This story proves it so well.
Amanda
In Evermore I already thought the book was in love with super special great at everything Damen. Turns out if you put out a short from his POV he's actually totally in love with himself and how great he is at everything.

He's also super shallow but I imagine the narrative wants us to find all that romantic and sweet.
Sammy Nicholas
It was really good but I wish it was longer! She should really make a book out of it. I love how he was lost and the moment he saw her he knew he found what he was looking for. I hated that it was so short it left me dangling saying "wha.....that's it??" But i loved it anyway and hope that maybe she will add on to it?? ;)lol
Danielle
"Damen's point of view"

Yes, it is in fact Damen's point of view of when the first time he layes eyes on Ever. It's was a great teaser short story ,but I would love to read more of his point of view. I'm hoping Alyson Noel will continue this story.
 Soph - Lock&Key
I just found this on the internet, It was good, really good it was nice to read Damens perspective. this short story could be a five star novel, the author just has to make it into a book. But is was still really good.
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Although it was a very small story, reading it was a very nice experience. Damien and Evaline... That's when everything started, eh? Explains some things, though.
♥adinda ♥
well , its a short story but i like.
at least we knew damen's perspective n its fascinating !!!
d ending is rather 'sweet' >//<
Marie R.
This book made me believe in Alyson Noels writing again.
It is a short story wich tells the first meeting of Ever and Damon from her bestselling the Immortals series.
The Immortals books are told from Evers point of fiew and this story is told in Damons point of view.
I read the first book in the Immortals series but never got to finish the second one.

First of, I just love the setting. Paris in 1608 is a place I would love to visit.
I like Damons art of telling the story more than Evers. Do not
Victoria
When I found out there's a story from Damen's POV:
When I read it:
description
When I realized it was it
Istiningdyah
Very interesting. I read the immortals series in translated version, so I haven't got the chance to really experience Noel's writing. Now I understand why the translated version sometimes read weird. Her choice of word sometimes feels kind of poetic and that must have been difficult to transfer to different language. It's nice to read about how Damen 'first' met Ever through Damen's perspective. Though it's a very short story.
Allison
It's been a while since I've read the Immortals series. However, reading this book did not provide any information that serves importance to the series. I found Eternal Flame to be a nice, easy read, that wasn't anything special or entertaining. Because it's so small, I say to anyone who decides to read it to knock themselves out, it only takes like 20 minutes to read. A cool insight into Damen's world, not a total waste of time, but surely nothing to get worked up about.
Bev Bowlin wilson
This is a VERY short story ...
and honestly it tells nothing about Damen or his life before the first book.

This is not published and available in stores ...
you have to send an email to the publisher and they email the story back to you.

Personally I don't like to read things online, so I printed it out ...
and I kinda wish I hadn't tho, because it wasn't worth the ink.

The actual story is only 8 pages long... and that's double spaced.
I was really looking forward to some insight on Damen's past, bu
Marce♡
No sé, pero yo amo mucho estos libros. Esta saga.
Me encanta. Me encantó desde el principio y me leí los libros muy rápido.

Sinceramente, me siento la peor fan del mundo porque recién me entero de que existía este mini-libro contando desde la perspectiva de Damen.
Sí, la verdad es que me siento muy... mala.
Cortito. De verdad quiero más.
Me gustarían más libros pero contados de la perspectiva de él.

Ellos no pueden ver lo que yo veo, son incapaces de mirar más allá del triste exterior de este glorio
Sarah Marie
Eternal Flame by Alyson Noel

The Immortals Prequel

3 stars

I'm not sure if I would love the sequel to Evermore if I read it right now, but I don't think I would hate it. I wasn't sure if I would like this little prequel since my tastes in books have changed, but I did enjoy it. Damen isn't amazing in the least, but reading through his POV had me remembering how I fell under his charm when reading Evermore. Once he met Evaline, I found myself falling for the story and wanting just a whole book on th

Salvador Briggs
This novella gives us a glimpse of Damen's point of view - his initial reaction upon seeing his "soulmate". I wish the story was a bit longer. But, it's still a good read. ;)
Sofía
Muy bonito primer encuentro entre Ever (pero como Evaline) y Damen. Pero aún así no basta como para ponerle una puntuación más alta debido a los otros libros.
Fani
It's good to see Damen's point of view because sometimes while i was reading the immortals i didn't quite believe in his love for Ever. I finally get to read his first meeting with Ever when he was immortal and understand a bit better his relationship with Drina and why it didn't work out. Although he had really strong feeling for Ever or Evaline as her name was when he first met her he decided way too fast that he wanted to give her the elixir i must say.
Ana Lelis
I would love a book telling all the stories of their past life based on damen's thought. This short one is not enough.
Camila Cullen Masen
le verdad es que no entendí bien hasta que empece con el otro, no es recomendable leerlo primero
Cassandra Adams
Amazing story of love at first sight.
Julia
I am sad it was so short :( Love it. love it. love it.
Chris Morrison
NEEDS TO BE LONGER DAMMIT.
Shyanne Willard
where can i read this?!?
Rian Kamali
Mar 21, 2015 Rian Kamali is currently reading it
great,
Eternal Flame 4 20 Mar 10, 2014 11:07AM
Netherlands 1 5 Aug 14, 2013 04:14AM
  • Arriane's Day Out (Fallen Shorts, #0.5)
  • Seducing the Dragon: Part 3 (Stonefire Dragons, #7)
  • Shadow Days (Nightshade, #0.5)
  • Shadow kissed: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #3.1)
  • All I Want for Christmas (The Demon Trappers, #0.4)
  • Forgotten Lyrics (Watersong, #0.5)
  • The Ornament: Adrian and Sheri (Ornament, #3)
  • Just a Dream (Carolina Pack, #1)
  • Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.3)
200317
*Note to readers: I'm slowly trying to add to the long list of books I have read, books I am reading, books I want to read, and books I loved reading. I only add books I loved, hence all my ratings are 5 stars!

Alyson Noël is the #1 New York Times best selling, award-winning, author of 21 novels, including: FAKING 19, ART GEEKS AND PROM QUEENS, LAGUNA COVE, FLY ME TO THE MOON, KISS & BLOG, SAVI
More about Alyson Noel...

The Immortals (6 books)
  • Evermore (The Immortals, #1)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)
  • Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4)
  • Night Star (The Immortals, #5)
  • Everlasting (The Immortals, #6)
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2) Shadowland (The Immortals, #3) Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4) Night Star (The Immortals, #5)

“I lean back against the velvet-cushioned seat and close my eyes to the sound of hooves pounding hard against the cobblestone streets. Their clip-clopping harmony keeping perfect tempo with the rumble of carriage wheels, affording a sound as sweet as any symphony I've ever heard.
It's the sound of escape
The sound of goodbye
A sound that's served to soothe me in the past, providing the much-needed assurance that the unwelcome inquiries and suspicions of newly alerted acquaintances would soon fade - allowing for a brief respite in a new location, before I'm on the move again.
I'm a gypsy.