Start by marking “Delusion's Master (Flat Earth, #3)” as Want to Read:
Delusion's Master (Flat Earth, #3)

Delusion's Master (Flat Earth #3)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  536 ratings  ·  18 reviews
He was Chuz, Lord of Madness, and he alone would defy Azhrarn's might. If Azhrarn chose to make a woman into a god, Chuz would play a game of his own design with Demon and mortal alike; a game that would result in life, death, and an ages-long conflict between Demon Lords.
Published May 1st 1984 by DAW (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Delusion's Master, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Delusion's Master

City of Bones by Cassandra ClareHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickCity of Glass by Cassandra ClareCity of Ashes by Cassandra ClareFallen by Lauren Kate
Books with Angels, Gods, or Demons
440th out of 1,597 books — 2,471 voters
Dracula by Bram Stoker1984 by George OrwellAmerican Gods by Neil GaimanThe Complete Stories and Poems by Edgar Allan PoeFrankenstein by Mary Shelley
Quality Dark Fiction
270th out of 1,024 books — 1,323 voters

More lists with this book...

Kat  Hooper
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

In Delusion’s Master, the third of Tanith Lee’s FLAT EARTH novels, we’re introduced to another Prince of Darkness: Chuz, the Prince of Madness, who is handsome when seen from one side and hideous when seen from the other. Chuz watches humans and uses the opportunities they give him to practice his craft: There were several doors by which Madness might enter any house; one was rage, one jealousy, one fear.

We first meet Chuz when a jealous queen tries to get
Lisa (Harmonybites)
Delusion's Master, the third in her "Flat Earth" series is centered upon Chuz, another prince of the Underearth who is Lord of illusion and madness. Azhrarn, "Night's Master" is also prominent in the book. Lee creates and unforgettable world in this series that doesn't feel derivative of any other fantasy world, and with lush, luminous prose. Not only is Lee's prose gorgeous but there's enough imagination to fill several ordinary books. No filler, no padding here, this is even shorter than Night ...more
Lauren
Book 3 of the Flat Earth series. This book is slightly different from Night's Master & Death's Master in that it contains a plot development which gives the series direction whereas the 1st 2 simply created mythology.
Miriam Garcia
Tanith Lee is my favorite author. Nothing sounds quite as right to me as her writing voice does: with its blend of elegance, intelligence, gentle irony, and Sheer Deliciousness. She seduces and educates and entertains, and sometimes, she does it all in one scene.

She's at her best with Tales from the Flat Earth, and I think this particular installment may be my favorite.

It isn't absolutely essential to read the first two books that came before Delusion's Master (which would be Night's Master and
Larou
Feb 19, 2012 Larou added it
Shelves: 2011-12, fantasy
I have had occasion to remark on my love for everything Arabian Nights related before, but even among the category Tanith Lee’s Tales from the Flat Earth has always been a particular favourite. I think at least one of the reasons is that those volumes don’t just decorate their stories with same exotic oriental trappings, but attempt a more comprehensive evocation, encompassing not just the setting but also the narrative structure with its serpentine plot twists and abundance of framing devices. ...more
PointyEars42
There is something exotically old world about Tanith Lee's story-telling that makes my battered paperback feel like a huge leather bound illustrated tome faintly scented with spices and dust.

My copy of this always falls open along its abused spine to pg 156/157 - so frequently have I returned to the story of the creation of The Cat. The image it spawned when I read it many (many) years ago of the most beautiful of all of literature's Dark Lords passing his hand down the creature's back and bring
Ана Хелс
Господарят на делюзиите е онзи кикот в мрака, тихата стъпка на неясна сянка зад ъгъла, ароматa на разложение от привидно напъпилата роза… Той е всичко, което противоречи на здравия разум, което те кара да преминеш границите на предвидимото и да се отдадеш в прегръдките на невероятното. Когато умът излети през покрива на ежедневното, последният шанс е безвъзвратно загубен, и пелената на болката се спуска бавно над хоризонта, той идва и те прегръща с ръка, чиито пръсти са диви змии, и усмивка на л ...more
Otis Campbell
Extencive perpetuation
Succeed the simple thought
Manifest of a new reality
Morallity of a dark age
Special voice
Rise above
Ashes & Bones
Zak Strassberg
May 19, 2014 Zak Strassberg added it
Shelves: 2014
What a magical book. I wish I could think like Tanith Lee writes.
Virgil S.
A very beautifully written novel.
Dina
Azhrarn is an unforgettable character. Flat Earth is unforgettable series. i am not sure which Flat earth book is my favorite since they all are amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, stunning and so on, and so on (when it comes to Lee, adjectives just keep coming, can't help it), but delusion's master melts my heart everytime i reread it, from the very first pages with the mad woman holding her child's bone to the very last sentence with the jawbones demanding what love is. wow - just wow!
Seikaiha
I love most of the stories, or the concepts like those mockeries to human faith, in this book, though I remember, when I first read it and Delirium in translation, how I hated the facts that Azhrarn were losing interest in humans.
Some beautiful passages, but very bleak and hard to read at times. If you like lovely language and despair rolled up together, this will hit the spot.
Devero
Racconto lungo sulla sfida tra due Signori delle Tenebre, in un mondo fantasy decisamente affascinante.
Mickey Schulz
More Lords of the Flat Earth. Chuz, the Lord of Delusion, really is intriguing.
Helen
Faux mythical writing style made for a tedious slog, clich
Richard
Gibberish!!
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
David
David added it
Jan 20, 2015
Eliza
Eliza added it
Jan 14, 2015
Kevin Stanton
Kevin Stanton marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
linnea
linnea is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Venus Milk
Venus Milk marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Rto
Rto marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
  • Breath and Bone (Lighthouse, #2)
  • The Hall of the Mountain King (Avaryan Rising, #1)
  • The Turn of the Story
  • The Law of Becoming (Jaran, #4)
  • The Bewitchments of Love and Hate (Wraeththu, #2)
  • The Sardonyx Net
  • A Rope of Thorns (Hexslinger, #2)
  • Damiano (Damiano, #1)
  • Sunfall
  • Rituals (Rhapsody of Blood, #1)
  • The Shattered City (Creature Court, #2)
  • The Killing Machine (Demon Princes, #2)
  • Dark of the Moon
  • Waking the Moon
  • The Gate Of Ivory (Ivory #1)
  • Precious Dragon (Detective Inspector Chen #3)
  • Lords of Rainbow
  • Book of Iron
Tanith Lee is a British writer of science fiction, horror, and fantasy. She is the author of 77 novels, 14 collections, and almost 300 short stories. She has also written four radio plays broadcast by the BBC and two scripts for the UK, science fiction, cult television series "Blake's 7."
Before becoming a full time writer, Lee worked as a file clerk, an assistant librarian, a shop assistant, and a
More about Tanith Lee...

Flat Earth (5 books)
  • Night's Master (Flat Earth, #1)
  • Death's Master (Flat Earth, #2)
  • Delirium's Mistress (Flat Earth, #4)
  • Night's Sorceries (Flat Earth, #5)
Wolf Tower (Claidi Journals, #1) Wolf Star (Claidi Journals #2) Wolf Queen (Claidi Journals, #3) Black Unicorn (Unicorn, #1) White as Snow

“The bitterness of joy lies in the knowledge that it cannot last. Nor should joy last beyond a certain season, for, after that season, even joy would become merely habit.” 18 likes
“Azhrarn the Beautiful," said Chuz lovingly, "it is your beautiful madness I have come to see.” 3 likes