Start by marking “Eleven Kids, One Summer” as Want to Read:
Eleven Kids, One Summer

Eleven Kids, One Summer (The Rosso Family #2)

Fans of Martin looking for more books by the bestselling author of The Baby-sitters Club will enjoy this humorous middle-grade novel about a chaotic and memorable vacation with the Rosso family--all 13 of them.
Published June 1st 1993 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Eleven Kids, One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eleven Kids, One Summer

Sally
OMG AT LAST! I first read Ten Kids, No Pets when I was about seven, and it's taken until now to get my hands on the sequel. And you know what? Worth the wait :) A lovely dose of nostalgia for a lazy afternoon. Didn't matter that I haven't read Ten Kids in years, I guess because I read it so many times that the family were still so familiar to me.

This time they've packed up and gone on holiday to the beach for the summer. As with the last book, each kid gets their own chapter, which makes the boo
Halida
Jul 24, 2012 Halida rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Wow, what an awful lot of children they have.
At first it was a little bit confusing because I hadn't read the first book about the Rossos. And since they have unusual names, it's kind of hard too to remember all their names and nicknames. I got on, though.
The thing I like about this book is that every character has their own personality, although some stand out more than their siblings. I hope this doesn't sound sexist but I like the boys better than the girls because they're less annoying (exce
Katie Fitzgerald
This review also appears on my blog, Read-at-Home Mom.

Eleven Kids, One Summer is the sequel to one of my favorite books from childhood, Ten Kids No Pets. Looking back, I remember the first book as the better of the two, but reading them both again as an adult, this sequel is the story that won me over. Keegan, the youngest in the Rosso family, is now six months old, and the family is taking a vacation to Fire Island, where they will stay in a beach house. As the summer passes, each of the kids h
Taylor
Feb 01, 2009 Taylor added it
Wait eleven kids? CRAZY! they even go on a vacation, are these parents insane? But they end up having so much fun! Disappearing baby, Haunted house and even a good Looking movie star! These eleven kids each do something fun on this family vacation to a beach house on the border of the beach! Evan there cat Zsa-Zsa has a blast! This book is great because it made me connect the story to my family, even though we only have 5 kids!
Chelsea
Apr 29, 2015 Chelsea rated it really liked it
These books brought back a lot of nostalgia for me - I loved 'em when I was a kid! Especially the names...I used to get a kick out of Dagwood! What I love most about them is that each sibling has their own very distinct personality - felt real to me. Just a super fun read!
Johnny Bennett
Nov 03, 2012 Johnny Bennett rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but it won't hold the same spot in my heart as Ten Kids No Pets. It just wasn't as fun. The kids had moved from quirky characters to annoying at certain points throughout the book.
Brenda
Jan 21, 2011 Brenda rated it it was ok
Shelves: kid-lit, beach
I loved Ten Kids, No Pets as a kid, so I was happy to come upon this sequel at a thrift store last weekend. It was cute, but I'm not sure I would have loved it even in my younger days. It lacked the structure and plot follow-through of the original.
Megan
Dec 18, 2007 Megan rated it liked it
I remember wondering how the family could afford to spend the entire summer in a beach house and wishing I could go on the island adventures they had.
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide)
This was one of my favorite books as a kid!
Laura Verret
Dec 18, 2012 Laura Verret rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-s-books
It’s not every family that has eleven children – but then, the Rossos never claimed to be typical! In fact, Abigail, Bainbridge, Calandra, Dagwood, Eberhard, Faustine, Gardenia, Hannah, Ira, Hanthina, and Keegan are pretty used to being not normal. And they’re great with it! Most of the time.

But this summer, their parents are dragging the eleven of them (plus the cat, Zsa-Zsa) off to Fire Island for the weekend. As mishaps abound, will the Rossos be able to survive their vacation?

Conclusion. Not
Readerrabbit11
Aug 16, 2009 Readerrabbit11 rated it really liked it
This is an old fashioned book, just like Penny From Heaven, and i loved them!
Elyscia
It isa good book and Loved the end>
Nicole Bowden
Jun 24, 2016 Nicole Bowden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I want an big family

I had read the first book while ago. When I came across this title it got me thinking I would love and big family.
Nicole Bowden
Partridge Public
Sep 27, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: JF Mar
Shelves: juniorfiction
Martin, Ann M. PB
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Apr 25, 2013
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2016
Katie Ford
Katie Ford rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2017
Steph Battista
Steph Battista rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
May 31, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2014
Sabrina Bellesbach
Sabrina Bellesbach rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2014
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2010
Callie
Callie rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2008
Lily King
Lily King rated it liked it
Dec 24, 2007
Connor
Connor rated it it was ok
Oct 01, 2016
Brady Postma
Brady Postma rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Susan Creviston
Susan Creviston rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2010
Sam
Sam rated it liked it
Oct 12, 2014
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2012
Harle
Harle rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Not-Just-Anybody Family (Blossom Family, #1)
  • Cassie Binegar
  • Amy and Laura
  • The Lemonade Trick
  • Mission Possible: The Story of a Wycliffe Missionary
  • The Children on the Top Floor
  • Danny Dunn and the Homework Machine (Danny Dunn, #3)
  • The Trespassers
  • Billy Creekmore
  • The Mystery of the Black Raven
  • Picklemania!
  • Poetry for Young People: Edgar Allan Poe
  • Charley Skedaddle

More about Ann M. Martin...

The Rosso Family (2 books)
  • Ten Kids, No Pets