Start by marking “Eleven Kids, One Summer ” as Want to Read:
Eleven Kids, One Summer

Eleven Kids, One Summer (The Rosso Family #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The huge Rosso family--eleven family members in all--decides to take a vacation, and what follows is a chaotic and loving adventure.
Published October 1st 1996 by Hyperion Books for Children (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Eleven Kids, One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eleven Kids, One Summer

Halida
Wow, what an awful lot of children they have.
At first it was a little bit confusing because I hadn't read the first book about the Rossos. And since they have unusual names, it's kind of hard too to remember all their names and nicknames. I got on, though.
The thing I like about this book is that every character has their own personality, although some stand out more than their siblings. I hope this doesn't sound sexist but I like the boys better than the girls because they're less annoying (exce
Sally
OMG AT LAST! I first read Ten Kids, No Pets when I was about seven, and it's taken until now to get my hands on the sequel. And you know what? Worth the wait :) A lovely dose of nostalgia for a lazy afternoon. Didn't matter that I haven't read Ten Kids in years, I guess because I read it so many times that the family were still so familiar to me.

This time they've packed up and gone on holiday to the beach for the summer. As with the last book, each kid gets their own chapter, which makes the boo
It’s not every family that has eleven children – but then, the Rossos never claimed to be typical! In fact, Abigail, Bainbridge, Calandra, Dagwood, Eberhard, Faustine, Gardenia, Hannah, Ira, Hanthina, and Keegan are pretty used to being not normal. And they’re great with it! Most of the time.

But this summer, their parents are dragging the eleven of them (plus the cat, Zsa-Zsa) off to Fire Island for the weekend. As mishaps abound, will the Rossos be able to survive their vacation?

Conclusion. Not
Taylor
Feb 01, 2009 Taylor added it
Wait eleven kids? CRAZY! they even go on a vacation, are these parents insane? But they end up having so much fun! Disappearing baby, Haunted house and even a good Looking movie star! These eleven kids each do something fun on this family vacation to a beach house on the border of the beach! Evan there cat Zsa-Zsa has a blast! This book is great because it made me connect the story to my family, even though we only have 5 kids!
Brenda
I loved Ten Kids, No Pets as a kid, so I was happy to come upon this sequel at a thrift store last weekend. It was cute, but I'm not sure I would have loved it even in my younger days. It lacked the structure and plot follow-through of the original.
Johnny Bennett
I enjoyed this book but it won't hold the same spot in my heart as Ten Kids No Pets. It just wasn't as fun. The kids had moved from quirky characters to annoying at certain points throughout the book.
Megan
I remember wondering how the family could afford to spend the entire summer in a beach house and wishing I could go on the island adventures they had.
Olyvia
How do you read the book? I am new to this and I have no idea how to read the book!!
Patrick
Old Children's Book. Liked it as a kid, but haven't read it in years.
Readerrabbit11
This is an old fashioned book, just like Penny From Heaven, and i loved them!
Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide)
This was one of my favorite books as a kid!
Elyscia
It isa good book and Loved the end>
Partridge Public
Sep 27, 2007 Partridge Public added it
Recommends it for: JF Mar
Shelves: juniorfiction
Martin, Ann M. PB
Logan
Logan marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Krystle Richardson
Krystle Richardson marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Sharanya
Sharanya marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jessica Marsaw
Jessica Marsaw marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2014
Gyung-Min
Gyung-Min marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Farseer
Farseer marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Beginners (The Gymnasts, #1)
  • Jackie's Wild Seattle
  • Storms
  • The Children on the Top Floor
  • Fourth Grade Rats
  • Amy and Laura
  • If I Ran the School
  • Wanted... Mud Blossom (Blossom Family, #5)
  • Poetry for Young People: Edgar Allan Poe
  • Danny Dunn and the Homework Machine (Danny Dunn, #3)
  • The Ghost in the Graveyard (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller #2)
  • Kaymon The Gorgon Hound (Beast Quest, #16)
  • The Trespassers
  • Charley Skedaddle
  • Poetry for Young People: Emily Dickinson
  • Poetry for Young People: Langston Hughes
  • War Comes to Willy Freeman (Arabus Family Saga, #1)
  • A Family Apart (Orphan Train Adventures, #1)

More about Ann M. Martin...
Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1) A Dog's Life: The Autobiography of a Stray A Corner of the Universe The Doll People (Doll People, #1) The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)