Start by marking “My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)” as Want to Read:
My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co., #0.5)

My Lord Mayhem (Disenchanted & Co. 0.5)

Published July 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about My Lord Mayhem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Lord Mayhem

Thenia
The short story that happens parallel to the first book in the series about an intriguing woman that was introduced there, Laurana Walsh.

While interesting and enjoyable, the story felt a bit too short and I would have liked to know more about the heroine and Lord Mayhem.

Thankfully, there's another short story about them Forget-Me-Knot, that I look forward to reading.

Edit: Forget-Me-Knot is not about them after all...
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
A pretty good, short, free story. Lady Laurana attends a ball when an infamous thief Lord Mayhem robs everyone there, so she decides to find him.
Since it is really short I won't write about what happens, nor what she feels or thinks. It would spoil the story. I like the writing, I like Laurana's voice and what kind of person she is and I am definitely going to read the first book in this series, Her Ladyship's Curse.
Melindeeloo
3.5 stars - I liked this little freebie story set in Viehl's Disenchanted & Co world - though there is very little of that world in this short. Still it was charming and I really liked the ending. The story crosses with Her Ladyship's Curse at the dinner scene with Kitt. I am looking forward to more of this series with magic, steampunk, and an alternate history US in which the Revolutionary War was won by the British.
Carolyn F.
This is a free read on the author's blog: http://pbackwriter.blogspot.com/p/fre...

I'm just about to start the Disenchanted & Co series and am so glad I came across this free ebook from the author's blog. I'm sure it will give me a glimpse into what happened to begin the heroine's new life. Very good story.
Kirsten Lenius
Sep 05, 2013 Kirsten Lenius rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, steampunk

Centered around Lady Laurana Walsh, eldest daughter of Lord Nolan Walsh, the banker, the story expands upon a character that we might not have gotten to know and shows us who she is and why, as well as revealing a few other surprises.

This novella length piece is availa
PNR
Aug 27, 2016 PNR rated it liked it
I mostly liked it. It's extremely short, which is a problem because there is not nearly enough world-building. I had to check to make sure I was reading the first one because I kept getting the feeling I was supposed to know what the author was talking about. It started out super promising (a steampunk book with a large, spinster heroine? Yes please!) but the romance ended up being a bit confused. Might have done better as a novella or full-length book. But, I'll give the next one a whirl.

Edite
Karen
Jan 27, 2014 Karen rated it liked it
Nice little novella, My Lord Mayhem is set within the Disenchanted & Co story world in which Britain won the revolutionary war. It shows another perspective on the dinner scene found in Her Ladyship's Curse, but is its own tale, complete in itself.
I read this after Her' Ladyship's Curse and enjoyed the link to events in it. Fun quick read.
Robin
Aug 11, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
This is a freebee off the authors website.It's a prequel to her new upcoming series and it is really good. It seems from the short that this will be steampunk adventure with magic and romance? I can't wait for the books to start coming out. Luckily that's tomorrow. :)
DK Hoffman
May 09, 2014 DK Hoffman rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
Sweet, fun and adventurous. I really liked this novella. It's not quite as good as the main series, but certainly worth a read. Very wonderful of the author to share it for free. Kudos to Ms. Viehl!
Jess the Romanceaholic
I'm so in love with this series right now. :)

I'm actually quite sad that this was only a novella -- I think it could have been expanded quite beautifully into a full-length novel, and I'm hoping that these characters will make an appearance in future Disenchanted & Co books.

4/5 Stars
Orient
Jan 30, 2016 Orient rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading it. The story is interesting, attracting, the ending is unpredictable. It has crime, secret, magic, detective, love and surprise - my most wanted things in a book. Best Christmas present ever
Deanne
Nov 08, 2015 Deanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
Short story set at the same time as book 1 in the series, hope to see more of Laurann and the Lord of Mayhem.
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Apr 04, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Kate
Kate rated it it was ok
Sep 11, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Eileen
Eileen rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Anne
Mar 04, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
Interesting little snippet that runs concurrently with the first book in the series.
Merideth
Aug 05, 2013 Merideth rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
interesting introduction in to Viehl's new world.
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Sharon Emrich
Sharon Emrich rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2016
Az
Az rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Alisha Stevens
Alisha Stevens rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2014
Stephanie
Aug 07, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: steampunk
This novella filled in the blanks for me and has set up a future storyline.
God's Eye Galateea
God's Eye Galateea rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2014
Paula
Paula rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Delitealex
Delitealex rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Tethered (Iron Seas, #2.5)
  • Miss Bramble and the Leviathan
  • The Damsel and the Daggerman (Blud, #2.5)
  • Diana's Hound (Bloodhounds, #4)
  • The New Kid (World of the Lupi, #0.1)
  • The Curious Case Of The Clockwork Menace (London Steampunk, #3.5)
  • Gilded (The St. Croix Chronicles, #2)
  • Solstice Day Gifts (The Emperor's Edge, #7.5)
  • Hangfire (Age of Steam #1.5)
  • Gunpowder Alchemy (The Gunpowder Chronicles, #1)
  • His Broken Angel (The Glorious Victorious Darcys, #1.5)
  • The Ripper Affair (Bannon & Clare, #3)
Also see S.L. Viehl, Gena Hale, Jessica Hall. Rebecca Kelly.

She writes mostly novels in a variety of genres and under several pseudonyms. Among them are science fiction (as S. L. Viehl), romantic fiction (as Lynn Viehl, Gena Hale, and Jessica Hall), and Christian fiction (as Rebecca Kelly). She has described herself as primarily a writer of romance: no matter what genre she is working in, an eleme
More about Lynn Viehl...

Disenchanted & Co. (2 books)
  • Disenchanted & Co. (Disenchanted & Co., #1)
  • The Clockwork Wolf (Disenchanted & Co., #2)