Start by marking “BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt” as Want to Read:
BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt

BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  537 ratings  ·  42 reviews
BioShock Infinite: Mind in Revolt is a roughly 30-page e-book that provides insight into the mysterious sky-city of Columbia prior to the events of BioShock Infinite and is written by Irrational Games writer Joe Fielder with creative director Ken Levine.
Published February 12th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published January 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about BioShock Infinite, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about BioShock Infinite

A short story with decent potential that ultimately falls flat on its face in the rush to get out the door.

"Mind in Revolt" is a short story set a few years before the events of the video game Bioshock: Infinite. Supposedly, it fleshes out some parts of the conflict between the Founders and the Vox Populi, opposing faction in the game. Told as an audio transcript between a doctor and his psychiatric patient/prisoner (which I'll admit is a actually a clever way of telling this story), it reads ve
I received this book as part of a pre-order bonus for the video game Bioshock Infinite and picked it up as a light read between some heavier, longer works. Sold as a means to introduce characters and set the stage for events in the game, the story follows the events that occur when a psychologist is assigned to deconstruct the personality of notorious anarchist Daisy Fitzroy, leader of a group known as the Vox Populi. The story plays out in what is essentially screenplay format, as a series of t ...more
Enrique Calderon
Samuel Miravet Verde
Una herramienta para abrir apetito acerca del juego Infinite. Nada más.

Presenta a un par de personajes, sus intenciones y sus características y hace uso de un pequeño giro de guión para darte ganas de echarte una partidita a la play. Eso lo consigue.

No hay que entender esto como un libro, sino como un relato comercial y dedicado a vender el juego y eso se nota.

Aún así, es una lástima que no hayan explotado más el concepto y hubiesen sacado un libro completo, que estaría genial (ampliando lo vist
Nek0 Baka
This short little story revolves around Daisy FItzroy and Dr. Pinchot. I felt that it should've been a bit longer, but at the same time I find the length to be perfect for what it illustrated to the reader. The novella gives you some insight into the mind of Daisy Fitzroy, which to me was painted like brilliant madness. It's interesting to see her turn into the very thing she hates, but then again that is quite a common occurrence.

This is only worth a read if you've played Bioshock Infinite and
Oliver Balaam
The story, set in 1909, finds itself in the unenviable position of having to introduce the floating city and seceded state of Columbia, along with its tensions and politics, while not revealing any information that would detract from the game’s ability to tell a compelling tale. It is much to Fielder’s credit then, that it works well as a standalone piece of fiction, telling a complete, intimate and satisfying story that hints at a wider conflict without ever revealing it. He effortlessly mimics ...more
David King
I really enjoyed playing Bioshock Infinity on my PC and upon completing it I realised that I wanted to know more about the world in which it was set. Therefore, when I noticed that the short story, “Mind in Revolt” was going to be made available I jumped at the chance to pick it up and further immerse myself in the world of Columbia.

The basic premise of the story is that it helps expand upon the conflict witnessed within the game between two factions known as the Founders and the Vox Populi. The
Angelle Tusa
Well written, but too short

While a nice intro to Bioshock Infinite and some of its ideas, this is super brief. It is at best a short story, and only gives you a very quick look at the character of Daisy Fitzroy. It would have been nicer if they would have paired this with a few more short stories set on Columbia to paint a better picture of that world.
A very short story that supplements the plot of Bioshock Infinite (video game). Since I really liked the game, I liked learning a bit more about a few of the characters and the society within the game world.

Mind in Revolt will probably be interesting to fans of the game, but it likely wouldn't be interesting if you are not familiar with Bioshock Infinite.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Jorge Figueroa
May 07, 2013 Jorge Figueroa rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Players of Bioshock Infinite
Recommended to Jorge by: Amazon
Interesante si estás, has o vas a jugar (en especial si están apenas comenzando tu viaje como Booker DeWitt) Bioshock Infinite. (de otro modo, no tiene el menos de los casos)

Como bonus con una pre-orden se luce y es un 6 de 5 estrellas, como su propia entidad, pues está algo caro, tres dolares por algo que no puede tomarte ni una hora leer.

Es una serie de transcripciones de las entevistas/interrogatorios a Daisy Fitzroy, quien supuestamente asesino a Lady Comstock.

Poco a poco su profesional de l
Ryland J K Lee
Actually a lot better than I thought it'd be, almost deserved a 4. The format was an excellent choice: they used journal entries and tied the format directly into the ending, showing the affect the journal itself had on others. Character development was pretty good, but the reason this doesn't get a 4 is that there were certain points in the interviews which I felt could've been explored further. The pacing was well-done, so perhaps the writer was worried about that, but they should've punched i ...more
Short but interesting to know more about Daisy.
Very intriguing short story that goes a long way into demonstrating the thought and planning which went into creating the whole Bioshock Infinite universe. A character study of sorts between the leader of the resistance(the Vox Populi), Daisy Fitzroy and Dr. Pinchot, a psychologist from the floating city of Columbia. A quick read, I would've liked to see it go a little longer, but I imagine that whetting the appetite for Infinite would be one of the goals for such a story, right? Well worth the ...more
An exceedingly brief little bit of tie-in media, Mind in Revolt nevertheless manages to fit very well into the world of Bioshock Infinite. Touching on events before the start of the game, it explores a little of the background of key character Daisy Fitzroy, and reads very much like something that would likely be found in the game itself - one, or a series of, the pre-recorded messages so common in the larger Bioshock franchise. A worthwhile read, but again, one has to be aware of its brevity.
When I played Infinite Daisy Fitzroy certainly didn't strike me as such a clever woman as they apparently wanted her to be. So they felt the need to show us. Well, even with this I do not particularly like Daisy, nor this piece of writing gave me any additional piece of information about Columbia. If you had played the game faithfully, you'd know everything this one offers. So I do not think it necessary to even bother.
Anthony De serge
Loved it! Appart from is size, Mind In Revolt is a good short-Story with an awesome Twist at the end!

If you liked Bioshock Infinite and you want to know a bit of what happened in teh city of Columbia before Booker arrived, this is a good starting point, it only costs 1.99$ on Amazon, so why not give it a try? You can read it in one day or in a couple of hours, choose a Jazz soundtrack and enjoy it. :D

I recommend it!

It's OK. A little dry. Nice little intro to get me in the mood for the game. Thought it would be a little more meaty though. Quite short too. They could have just released it on Youtube as some sort of audio comic for free. Charging $3 for this was a little stingy. I knew it was 35 pages, but considering the way the character scripts were laid out on the page, it was probably closer to 6-7 pages at most.
A really good short read! But only worth bothering with if you are buying the video game Bioshock Infinite.

It took me under 30 minutes to finish, but was worth it.

It takes place in the form of short interviews that connect to an overall narrative. I would like to have seen more about the history of the city of Columbia though.

If you fancy 'getting your geek on', give it a go.
I feel like I've been waiting for Bioshock Infinite to come out foreeeever, and after reading this short story, I am even more eager to play it. I can't wait until I have the game in my hands on March 26th.

This story was almost too short, but it was fascinating, and the interview format was a good way to provide background information while avoiding spoilers for the game.
Since I am in love with BioShock, I knew I had to read this. I didn't know what to expect, so I had no expectations. But, I thought it was really great, fantastic insight into the new game, gave background, introduced some characters, and probably most important of all was short, sweet, and awesome. BioShock Infinite is going to be amazing, well worth the wait!
Julian Pichelski
Everything I see or read about Bioshock Infinite makes me more and more excited about it; and this story is no exception. The way that Irrational Games is able to reveal just enough backstory without giving anything away about the game is brilliant.
Guy Gonzalez
Entertaining bit of backstory that adds some additional flavor to the Columbia setting and, presumably, Infinite's sense of immersion. I'm only an hour into the game, but it's added an intriguing. menacing layer to what I've encountered so far.
Das "Hauptproblem" an dem Buch? Es weckt bzw. verstärkt das Interesse am (politischen) Setting von BioShock: Infinite durch eine Reihe von Interviews/Verhören/Tagebucheinträgen eines hochrangigen Mitglieds von Columbia.
Tolerable; well in line with canon, and an interesting little blip in the BioShock story line. Super short, though- I feel guilty even counting this as having read a "book".
A bit on the short side but it was a good way to introduce one particular character and elements of Colombian society to the reader. I can't wait to get started with the game!
David Earle
Strong for what it is, which is something that should have been a story insert in a strategy guide. But it sets the game up well and works as a preorder bonus.
Michael Musick
30-ish page short story that establishes a cultural and political framework for Bioshock Infinite through transcripts similar to the audio logs found in-game.
Well, it was free with the preorder so it couldn't have any game spoilers...still...I wanted more of the world...didn't add much of anything to the game.
A good short story that reveals some background of the game. They should give this away for free instead of charging for it, though.
  • The Art of Bioshock Infinite
  • The Mammoth Book of Alternate Histories
  • You Got To Be Kidding: The Cultural Arsonist's Literal Reading of the Bible
  • BioShock: Rapture
  • Erase Me (Positron, #3)
  • Doctor Who: Keeping Up with the Joneses (Time Trips)
  • Nothing O'Clock (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #11)
  • Sons of Liberty
  • The Mongolian Wizard
  • Bleak Expectations
  • Lightspeed Magazine, June 2014: Women Destroy Science Fiction! Special Issue
  • Flutter, Vol. 1: Hell Can Wait (Flutter, #1)
  • Portal 2: Lab Rat
  • Doctor Who Series 3 Volume 2: The Eye of Ashaya (Doctor Who III)
  • Spore (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #8)
  • The Nameless City (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #2)
  • The Ripple Effect (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #7)
  • The Beast of Babylon (Doctor Who 50th Anniversary E-Shorts, #9)