Start by marking “Whisper of Memory (Whispering Woods, #2)” as Want to Read:
Whisper of Memory (Whispering Woods, #2)

Whisper of Memory (Whispering Woods #2)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Weapons training and winter formals...a deadly combination.

All Mia ever wanted was to fit in at Whispering Woods High. But being a portal-finder who dates a guy from another dimension sort of makes it hard. Mia's brother disappeared over a year ago, and agents from the IIA began policing people's movements through dimensions. She'd trusted Dr. Bleeker from the local univer
Published March 16th 2012 by Etopia Press (first published March 14th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Whisper of Memory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whisper of Memory

Julie Flanders
I hadn't read Waiting Booth, the first book in the Whispering Woods series, when I was lucky enough to get a review copy of Whisper of Memory, so I ended up starting with that and read both books back to back. I loved both of them!

Mia is just the kind of heroine I enjoy. She's smart and independent after having been through a lot in her young life, and is fiercely protective of her friends, but she also isn't perfect and Berry allows her to make mistakes. I love the chemistry between Mia and Reg
Angela
I received a free copy of Whisper of Memory in exchange for an honest review.
I have fallen even more for Mia and her hole journey. I like the easy way Brinda Berry sucks you into the whole world and all of her characters, with the rich story and passion you build for what is happening. Book 3 here I come.
Sue Swift
A strong bridge between books one and three of the Whispering Woods series. Mia grows as a character as do her friends. The sexual tension between Mia and Austin on the one hand, and Mia and Regulus on the other is believable, as is the tension between Mia's girlfriend and another two guys. It sounds confusing but Berry handles the relationships deftly along with the paranormal action :)
Megan

*I received this book for free, in exchange for an honest review*

Okay, book two. I have conflicted feelings about this.

First, the dialogue. It definitely improved! However, it did feel a little rushed. Like the characters were rushing from one event to another too quickly.

Then, the characters. Mia....at the end.....I am sorry I cannot get over her reactions and behavior. She threw a temper-tantrum because a guy wasn't there to see her in her dress?

Anyway, much better than the first, I think. Hop
Johnnie-Marie Howard
This story set the tone for the series I think with the hole mind erase thing and lot's and lot's of heartache to go right along with it. I did feel bad for Mia, she was in love then had the ripped from her and a hole bunch of craziness happens after that. This author has done an outstanding job with writing this story, I mean everything the journey the characters and the emotions all rolled into one great big story was amazing. It blew my mind away!! I finished this story in less then a day lik ...more
Kathlyn La
This book's twist in the story is good! Didn't see it coming so soon, I somehow felt it was a little rush. I understand that unexpected twists makes a book to be a great read!
I enjoyed following the characters adventure, sad and happy moments through out the story.
Mia, one of the main character in this book is a tough woman, moving on from one to another chapter of her life.
Questions and mystery about Mia's life, romance and IIA connections are answered in this book.
The ending of this book makes
Lori Palle
“My senior year of high school was turning into a real doozy.”—Mia

As a portal seeker for the IIA—an inter-dimensional police force making sure unauthorized travelers don’t make it through portals into earth—Mia’s senior year isn’t shaping up to what she expected. Add in a best friend in love with her, a boyfriend forbidden to be with her, inter-dimensional terrorists out to get her, a missing brother who pops in once in a while to hand out cryptic clues, and—worst of all—a father ready to ground
Jordan
Brinda Berry has a way of making me want to continue reading through the night. I put this book down for about a week and finished the last forty percent in thirty minutes. It was fast paced and action packed.

I usually get annoyed when books have so much action and a less than likely love story. This book didn't annoy me one bit. The ending to the story broke my heart. Regulus and Mia's love story is a new favorite of mine. I cannot wait to pick up the next book and finish reading this series.
Kristen
GENRE: YA Fantasy
THEME: Futuristic
RECEIVED: Received for Book Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/
3.5 Stars

REVIEW:
I read both The Waiting Booth and Whisper of Memory in one day; I really enjoyed the concept of different earths and government travelers. Where book one captivated me from the beginning, Whisper of Memory almost hit the same mark. There were more predictable moments, but I liked getting into the mystery of the IIA and what happened to Mia’s brother.

Mia and the gang are back; s
Splash Of Our Worlds *Yiota*
Whispering Woods has become one of my favorite series this year! The book are compelling and interesting, and while i didn't expect it they surprised me too.

Brinda Berry continues with the story of Mia and her involvement with the IIA problems. Since this is the 2nd book of the series, instead of an introduction we get to chance to get into action from the first chapters and learn more things about the "Pete" mystery and such. Yes it's a little more action packed which i totally enjoyed!

I loved
E.C. Newman
I loved this. I mean, it clicked more for me then the first book. I will write a more detailed review later.

For some reason, I really got into this one more than the first of the series. Maybe because I knew the characters already and was ready to go on an adventure with them. Maybe because I'm a little dreamy-eyed over Arizona. Still. Lol.

The plot thickens and poor Mia is just trying to keep up. She is so strong and loyal. I love her best friend, Em. And I feel for both Austin and Em in feeli
Pamela
Whisper of Memory continues where The Waiting Booth left off. If you haven't read The Waiting Booth yet, I recommend that you do not read any further. I don't want to spoil anything for you.

Previously we learned that Mia's mother was an IIA agent and that she is now helping Dr. Bleeker despite the fact that he is killing people for his experiments. And when Mia first meets her mother again after so many years -- her mother took off when she was just a toddler -- Nancy pulls a gun on her. Needles
D.L. Richardson
"Whisper Of Memory" picks up right where "The Waiting Booth" finishes and we enter a world of paranormal activity and special ops training. The characters go off to a ghost sighting because they believe it is the location of a portal and this section was really interesting. There was a paranormal investigator in the group and I thought, wow what a great job to be a parnormal invetisgator.

In Book Two we learn more about why Mia's mum abandoned her and her missing brother. We learn more of the co
Autumn Review
For some reason, I've been reading a lot of time travel or portal books lately. Must be a current trend. Whisper of Memory was a fast read and a good addition to the series.

I felt like we get to know Mia better in this story. Her character became more real and likable in this book. I also liked that the relationship she started with Regulus in the first book has more significance in this book. I'm a sucker for love, so I was happy to see more about them in this book.

The supporting character I l
Chelsea
*I received this book free to read and review. Thanks To Brinda Berry.*

The second book in this series started great, jumping right into the story. This book was just as amazing as the first book in the series. Maybe even a little better with the (view spoiler) romance between Mia and Regulus, that added something special to their relationship. The story flows just as great as the first book in the story flowed, and continued to hold my attention.

The ending of this book
Stephanie Ward
I read this book only a day or two after finishing The Waiting Booth, the first book in the Whispering Woods series. It was an easy and fun read - I finished it in one day. Although I liked the overall premise of the book and the series itself, I thought this one had only a mediocre storyline and predictable outcomes. The narrative and writing are well done, but there doesn't seem to be any evolution from the first book. The characters also seemed a bit flat - I didn't really get invested in any ...more
Marcy Kennedy
I hadn’t read the first book in this series, so I was coming into it fresh, and I found it to be a quick, fun read.

I was drawn into the premise of the series right away, and love that this book seems to be building on a bigger conspiracy that will stretch the length of the series.

I did find the plot a little light, and I felt like even though it was written in first person, we didn’t get to deeply feel Mia’s hurt over what her mother did to her in the last book or her pain over what happens wi
Amanda Lacorte
While I can say that this one was better than the first, there were just a too many unbelievable moments for me to give it four stars. I did enjoy the read and will be reading the next, but there were points that I grew bored with the book. Although at halfway through I could not put it down and found myself finishing it all in one night. The end leaves you wondering and angry, but the good angry that makes you want to continue reading. The author gave me this book free for an honest review and ...more
Lynne Page
I was very excited to read the second novel in this little series, and it certainly didn't let me down. Full of action, but also a healthy dose of teen romance, I enjoyed every page. As I found with the first book, Brinda Berry's characters are believable. She is able to let me get into Mia's mind and be the girl for a few hundred pages, and while I'm not a teenager anymore, the feelings Mia have do remind me of those years.
The ending left me all misty-eyed and wanting to read more. Great job a
Laurel
Whisper of Memory is book 2 of the Whispering Woods Series by Brinda Berry, The book picks up right where The Waiting Booth leaves off, and we are thrust into a world of spies and special ops training and the paranormal. The romance that began in the first book continues between Mia and Regulus as well as the adventure. This book is a light, fast read with a few curve balls to keep you engaged. Love this book as much as the first one!!
Christine Ashworth
I loved this book. It's a terrific follow-up to The Waiting Booth, and when Regulus - well, at the end when he - GAH! I'm trying not to divulge spoilers - let me just say, it's a FABULOUS book and I can't wait for book 3!
Renee Rearden
Whisper of Memory: The Whispering Woods Series, #2
By Brinda Berry
Ecopy provided by author
Rating: 3 Stars

Interdimensional portals + hottie otherworlders x high school angst = fun read.

Mia Taylor’s life has definitely taken a turn for the strange. Her ability to sense portals makes her important to the Interdimensional Immigration Authorities—and keeps her in close proximity to IIA members Regulus and Arizona. But others are also interested in what she can do. Searching for her brother, fending of
Brinda
Oct 17, 2014 Brinda rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Iago Victor
Iago Victor marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
The Knights of th...: Whisper of Memory (Whispering Woods #2) 7 26 Dec 09, 2012 11:50AM
  • Shifting Pride
  • The Stone Guardian
  • Phase (Phase Trilogy, #1)
  • Fire (Elements of Power, #1)
  • The Exemeus (The Exemeus, #1)
  • Spell Struck (Teen Wytche Saga #2)
  • Altered Souls (Witch Avenue, #2)
  • Ruby's Fire
  • Blood, She Read
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Songs for a Machine Age
  • Shadow of the Blood Moon (Blood Moon, #2)
  • Touch
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Lucifer (Sons of Old Trilogy, #1)
  • The Never Prayer
  • Red Dawn (Crossroads Academy, #2)
  • Love Revolution (Brutal Strength #2; Black Cat Records, #2)
Brinda Berry lives in the southern US with her family and two spunky cairn terriers. She has a BSE in English and French and a MEd in Learning Systems Technology. She's terribly fond of chocolate, coffee, and books that take her away from reality. She doesn't mind being called a geek or “crazy dog lady”. When she's not working the day job or writing a novel, she's guilty of surfing the internet fo ...more
More about Brinda Berry...
Chasing Luck (Serendipity, #1) The Waiting Booth (Whispering Woods, #1) Lore: Tales of Myth and Legend Retold Watcher of Worlds (Whispering Woods, #3) Tempting Fate (Serendipity, #2)