Start by marking “Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide” as Want to Read:
Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide

Pmp: Project Management Professional: Study Guide

Whether you're a current project manager seeking to validate the skills and knowledge acquired through years of practical experience or a newcomer to the PM field looking to strengthen your resume, the PMP certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) provides you with the means to do so. This new edition of the best-selling PMP: Project Management Professional ...more
Paperback
Published by Wiley Publishing (first published April 22nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Pmp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pmp

HuDa AljaNabi
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I discovered this book accidentally, my sister had an exam about project management and I was helping her regarding this. it helped me a lot in understanding the strategies, constrain's triangle and the scheme based jobs. The difference between "project, program and portfolio manager" terms together with the "art and science" part were the newest informations I have received.
thanks in advance Kim Heldman!
Priyanka Gupta
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kim Heldman’s book is very different from other Exam Prep books. Most of the books follow the PMBOK Guide’s structure and are written Knowledge Area (KA) wise. But, PMP Study Guide by Kim Heldman is written Process Group (PG) wise. It gives a complete coverage of the topics written in the PMBOK Guide but chapters are arranged differently. The book starts with an assessment test. By doing this test, you understand the PMP Exam difficulty level and get to assess yourself. This creates a good found ...more
Benjamin Sigrist
The book is likely a very good as a resource to study for the PMP exam. I did not intend to sit for the PMP certification when I picked it up - I just wanted to learn more about how to better manage projects and had heard PMP is the top certification.

The first two chapters were very useful in defining what is a project and a 30,000 foot overview of what the stages in a project are. The following chapters broke down for me with too much minutia of project management, complicated processes meant t
Krishna Kumar
It covers all the major topics in PMP certification. The book also comes with a CD containing audio files with condensed information on all the chapters. This is very convenient. The quality of the exams was not so good, as I felt that there were a few mistakes here and there, and so that made me lose some confidence in them. I would advise using this book to get started with the learning and using the Mulcahy book for test samples.
Jeff Johnson
It was OK. Glad I read it instead of just relying on the PMBOK, since it provided a narrative guide that has been helpful in preparing for the PMP. However, I didn't always appreciate the author's nod-nod, wink-wink personal anecdotes, and I do think I encountered some errors in the practice test items. (Could also be that I just didn't get it.)
Ricardo Vargas
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pmp-exam-prep
Classic book to prepare for the PMP Exam. It is, together with the Rita Mulcahy book, one of the most popular books for those with interest in the exam.

Clássico livro para a preparação do Exame PMP. É, juntamente com o livro da Rita Mulcahy, dos livros mais populares para quem tem interesse no exame.
Khalid
Sep 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I got this book in order to prepare for the PMP exam. It does provide a lot of information in the subject (I found it very comprehensive), and the author describes her personal experience in the field and best practices while discussing the content. I believe it's a worthwhile guide if you like reading and want to get a comprehensive overview before going into the PMP exam.
Justin Aquino
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a must book for any organization that tackles projects of any size. Even small projects are worth taking a look at how they are best done. Its better to know how best to organize, plan, and manage a project than to guess IME.
Ahmed Suleiman
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very good book
Sarah Shahid
it's really a great book
Bianca De
May 12, 2011 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Muito detalhado e de facil leitura. Estou gostando...
Jacob Van
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readable and informative. This book and the pmbok were enough to get my cert on the first go.
William
Sep 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If you want to pass your PMP exam this is the book to get.
Milan
May 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, non-fiction
Classic prep book for PMI exams. Well structured, includes also tests and CD with plenty of material including mp3 versions of the lectures.
Tây Khánh
good book
Christ
Feb 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just passed the PMP exam using this book!
Jakub Janusz
Sep 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Project management step by step basing on pmbok with case studies. Great read if want to prepare to pmp exam. Almost guaranteed success if you read it together with rita's exam prep.
Marshciene Moor
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is exactly what a PMP needs for thorough understanding of the processes, methodology, and study of PM.
Fajar
Alex Rapley
Mar 27, 2019
Suhail Khaled
Mar 07, 2016

• Project Management: A Systems Approach To Planning, Scheduling, And Controlling
  • Head First PMP
  • The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try
  • A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guides)
  • Fundamentals of Project Management
  • Sentence Correction GMAT Preparation Guide
  • The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management
  • Pmp Exam Prep: Rita's Course in a Book for Passing the Pmp Exam
  • Negotiating For Dummies
  • 97 Things Every Project Manager Should Know: Collective Wisdom from the Experts
  • Project Management: A Managerial Approach
  • ToGAF 9 Foundation Study Guide: Preparation for the TOGAF 9 Part 1 Examination
  • Interactive Project Management: Pixels, People, and Process
  • Java Cookbook
  • Business Analysis Techniques: 72 Essential Tools for Success
  • Counter Hack Reloaded: A Step-By-Step Guide to Computer Attacks and Effective Defenses
  • File System Forensic Analysis