Start by marking “Learning to Weave, Revised Edition” as Want to Read:
Learning to Weave, Revised Edition

Learning to Weave, Revised Edition

""Learning to Weave" is a four-shaft weaving course which makes learning to weave, with or without a teacher, easy and fun."
Published March 1st 1995 by Interweave Press

To ask other readers questions about Learning to Weave, Revised Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learning to Weave, Revised Edition

Start your review of Learning to Weave, Revised Edition
VJ
Nov 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is a complete text for learning to weave. Everything one needs to know from basic vocabulary, to warping, to taking the fabric off the loom, drafting, patterns, everything in one location.

An excellent book that should be a part of every weaver's library.
Velma
Mar 06, 2015 marked it as tbr-own-yet-to-read
Recommended to Velma by: Leigh Dudenhoffer
Maggie
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a reference book that I have in my library, it is a wonderful instructional!
Michelle Mitchell
This was a must have for me when I started to learn to read. I now use it as a reference when creating new projects, and would feel lost without it. Deborah Chandler provides clear direction (with the help of useful pics!) to assist with your basic weaving projects.
Kate
Jul 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft-a-holic
This is the book that makes the most sense for the new weaver. Whether it's how to use a warping board or what a sett is, this book will tell you. I just used it to figure out the amount of yarn I needed for warp and weft. Very useful!
Carolyn
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: weaving, art-craft
I took lessons but the first time I did a project by myself I really relied on this book.
It's useful and it has fairly clear diagrams and pictures. I'm not sure I could have taught myself using this book alone but it has certainly helped me along!
Karen
Dec 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is not my first how-to-weave manual, but it's the one that explains the "why" of techniques, and that's really what I am after. I am fairly certain it will be my go-to book for any questions I have when I get hung up at any point on a project.
Jessica
This is what I call the bible of weaving. Every novice weaver should have this as their first book and everyone else should keep this forever to refer back to. The author is also a great instructor!
Phyllis
Jan 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiber-arts
Great "how to" for multi-harness weaving.
Lauren
Mar 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: general-crafty
Perhaps I need to read through this one again, because the first time, I found it very confusing. But, it has received some great reviews, so maybe I am missing something?
Carol
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd recommend this book to any first time Weaver.
Cayenne
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I didn't actually read every page of this book, but my weaving teacher referenced it heavily in our class and I've used it enough as a reference that I know it is an excellent weaving book.
Bettie
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne
Mar 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for beginning weavers. Very clear and easy to read which is important when someone has no idea what they're doing!
Ellen Snyder
Oct 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent introduction to weaving, clearly presented, good diagrams, one of the best instruction books of all kinds ever.
Allison
Nov 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: how-to
A bit beyond me at the moment, but could be useful in the future.
Linda
Alys
Feb 21, 2015
Maureen
Jun 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
A great reference guide- especially if you are getting back to weaving and it has been awhile
Cindy Bodenheimer
Aug 12, 2016
Nayeem Siddiqui
Aug 27, 2015

• Next Steps In Weaving: What You Never Knew You Needed to Know
  • Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom: Discover the Full Potential of the Rigid-Heddle Loom, for Beginners and Beyond
  • The Weaver's Idea Book: Creative Cloth on a Rigid Heddle Loom
  • The Weaver's Companion
  • Hands on Rigid Heddle Weaving
  • The Shuttle-Craft Book of American Hand Weaving Being an account of the rise, Development, Eclipse, & Modern Revival of a National Popular Art Together with Information of Interest & Value to collectors, Technical Notes for the Use of Weavers
  • Destroyer Angel (Anna Pigeon, #18)
  • Linen: From Flax Seed to Woven Cloth
  • 660 Curries
  • Color and Light: A Guide for the Realist Painter
  • The Manor House Murder (Monica Noble #3)
  • The Deposit Slip
  • The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do to Get More of It
  • The Joy of Handweaving