Start by marking “Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)

Hell, Yeah

(Honky Tonk #2)

She's finally found a place that feels like home...

When Cathy O'Dell buys the Honky Tonk, the nights of cowboys and country tunes come together to create the home she's always wanted. Then in walks a ruggedly handsome oil man who tempts her to trade in the happiness she's found at the Honky Tonk for a life on the road with him...

He lives the good life...

Gorgeous an
Published August 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Hell, Yeah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell, Yeah

Start your review of Hell, Yeah (Honky Tonk, #2)
Tasha
Cathy has taken over the Honky Tonk from her cousin Daisy and is enjoying being a new bar owner. In walks Travis one New Year's Eve, who knocks her socks off with a kiss at the stroke of midnight.
Both were deeply affected by the kiss, but Cathy tended to fight it more than Travis. She tended to be more rude and harsh toward Travis as a way to fight her growing feelings for him. Hell, Yeah felt like a re-hash of I Love This Bar. It was pretty much the same premise with just a changing of the char
Lisa Jo
Cathy O’Dell runs the Honky Tonk bar on the outskirts of town. She’s been beaten down by a man before, so her disposition towards the opposite is anything but friendly. That was until Travis Henry storms into town with his crew digging for oil in the lot next to her bar. She breaks every personal wall she’s set up around herself to let Travis in. The bad news is that his job is only temporary...once he’s done he’ll be moving on to the next job in Alaska. Cathy has to decide which one she wants t ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
Finally read a western and I enjoyed the ride. I had forgotten how much I enjoy contemporary romance.

This one is part of the Honky Tonk series, but they can be read as stand alone novels. So fear not people with OCD reading out of order issues. I did fine it was a new couple, a new start, but the same bar. But this is book 2, and there is a new owner of the Honky Tonk bar.

Cathy is running the place when handsome Travis Henry walks in. Sparks fly, but he is only there for a short period of time b
Wendy Hines
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have not read a Carolyn Brown book yet that I haven't loved. Hell, Yeah is no exception!!

Cathy O'Dell inherited the Honky Tonk bar from her sister Daisy in I LOVE THIS BAR (Book 1 in the series). Now, she's enjoying her life, working the bar. But when a tall handsome stranger struts into the bar on New Year's Eve and kisses her at midnight, the sparks fly.

Travis Henry is rich and good looking. He travels all over unearthing oil wells, then once the job is completed, he moves on. What he didn't
Jessica
At the risk of repeating my earlier review this book was boring me to death. It was stereotypically country without actually feeling accurate. I'll be honest I put this book down for over a week because it wasn't holding my interests and only made it a few more pages in before quitting. There were too many names thrown at me and I didn't particularly care for the MCs. Especially the heroine who was an endless. "I hate men... But he's so hot." pick I side and stick with it doing otherwise just le ...more
HєllyBєlly
Aug 18, 2011 marked it as sampled-decided-no  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, boring
I downloaded a sample from Amazon and it would seem that the average rating for this book dropped before I got around to reading it yesterday. Basically in the first 20 or so pages (including the fluff in the beginning and title page)we have people asking for and/or drinking Coors at least three times.
Too much Gretchen Peters, y'all, Arkansas and redneck for me.
Carolyn
Cathy O'Dell is the owner of a beer joint called the Honky Tonk. The customers, some are friends, come for the classic country music played on a jukebox, a game of pool and an ice cold drink or two. Cathy feels like she has finally found home in Mingus, TX and with her last disaster of a relationship behind her she has swore off men. And then on New Year's Eve night a handsome stranger crosses the room and plants a hard, passionate kiss on her. Hell, Yeah!
Travis Henry, Petroleum Engineer, is han
Erin
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Y'all know me - I'm a sucker for a good cowboy romance to chance the pace of what I've been reading. This one was alright. The main character, Cathy O'Dell has had her share of crappy experiences in life and in love. Travis Henry - oil engineer looks like be belongs on a ranch or in a commercial for Wrangler jeans. Hot and cold they dance around their sparks for most of the book, 2/3 of the way through it things get better.

HEAVY on the country music references, a little overkill there. Cathy own
Rachel
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jane
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: carolyn-brown
Hell Yeah by Carolyn Brown is the second book in the Honky Tonk series. Each book can be read as a standalone. This is Cathy and Travis story. She is now the owner of the Honky Tonk Bar and Travis is an engiineer for Amos in the oil industry. Right off the sparks fly between these two but it is anything but a smooth road to their happy ever after. I loved every minute of this book and was sad for it to end. You just need to read it....
Brianna
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This had the same homey atmosphere as the first book. Cathy was strong and capable, while Travis was kind and sweet. He was a wanderer and worked with oil, while Cathy owned the Honky Tonk. Watching them both overcome what they thought they wanted just to be together was interesting. They were a bit slow on the uptake, but I enjoyed their romance overall. The suspense subplot was well-done, too. I'm looking forward to Larissa's story. I think I may have found a new author to like.
Deborah
A good read

What is it about the Honky Tonk that have women wanting to stay there until they die? That is until the right man comes walking in the door. Cathy wants a new start. Travis is helping a friend before he moves to Alaska. What happens when they meet very unexpectedly? It's another one gone from the Honky Tonk.
Katherine Miller
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this author!

I love these books! Carolyn Brown's characters come alive in her stories. I love her references to country songs that I known and love! They are funny and well written. I love that the characters carry over to her other books. Really a good read!
Danielle
Oct 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was actually better than book one! enough so that I'm considering getting the next book.
Ronda
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a cute story but I got sick of the constant I’m a red neck woman comments.
Meghann
Feb 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
I tried and tried but couldn’t connect to any of the characters. DNF
Wendy Forrester
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series
Crystal
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved following two people from their first meeting and seeing them get closer. Loved having a woman who didn't absolutely need a man in her life.
Sandy M
Not much changes with this book either. Cathy O’Dell is now owner of the Honky Tonk after her cousin Daisy marries Jarod from the previous book.

It’s New Year’s Eve and the countdown is on as the book opens. Travis is in town to work on the local oil rigging crew for the next couple of months. He’s just come into the bar and has spotted a very long-legged and sexy woman, whom he can’t help but lock lips with, especially since he has the excuse of approaching midnight. So he does just that. Right
Corynne Person
Mar 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Pretty solid read

My mom told me about this book and while I enjoyed it, something was missing for me. The POV switched so fast and out of no where between the H and h and it was very distracting. There was no warning as to whose pov I was reading. I also thought it lacked detail. I dont know much country music and I probably would have liked it more if I was more into country music because of the numerous references to specific songs.
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hell, Yeah. Carolyn Brown. 2010. Sourcebooks. 384 pages. ISBN 9781402239274.

Although Hell, Yeah is the second book in Carolyn Brown's "Honky Tonk" series, this fun, sassy, fast-paced romance novel stands strongly on its own without needing to read its predecessor, I Love This Bar.

Cathy O'Dell is the most recent owner of the Honky Tonk country bar and absolutely loves her lifestyle. When handsome, sexy, rugged and smart oil-rigger Travis Henry comes to town for a temporary project, Cathy must re-
April
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
HELL YEAH by Carolyn Brown is a contemporary romance set in today's time in Mingus, Texas. It is the second in the Honky Tonk series but can be read as a stand alone. It is well written with details and depth, although, it starts out a little slow it picks up quickly. The plot and characters are easy to follow and just as easy to fall in love with. It has romance, country music, line dancing, passion, sweet sensuality, danger, friends, finding your true love, adventure, ending your past and star ...more
Vicki
May 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
‘Hell, Yeah’ starts out very similar to the first book in the Honky Tonk series and you think you’re in for a boring case of déjà vu – but stick with it. Having now read all four books in the series I can tell you that the similar beginnings are part of the ‘charm’ of the Honky Tonk. Each is similar at the beginning and end (in the happily-ever-after) but the middle is a different ride for each book.

Brown's descriptive ability is again striking and leaves you feeling like you’ve saddled up to th
Kimberly Lewis
This is the second novel in Ms. Brown’s “Honky Tonk Series” and like the first novel it gained my interest from the start. This novel had a little more nail biting action thrown into it than the last one, and I liked that fact that Cathy wasn’t afraid to kick some butt, even a man’s. Daisy’s cousin Cathy O’Dell owns and runs the Honky Tonk now and during the New Year’s celebration she is greeted in the middle of the dance floor by a man named Travis Henry (who apparently resembles Matthew McCona ...more
PepperP0t
It's New Year's Eve in the Honky Tonk and owner/bartender Cathy O'Dell, no sooner wishes she had someone to kiss at midnight than bespectacled sexy in cowboy boots and hat, Travis Henry, takes her in his arms and makes that wish come true. Not only are both of their lips still tingling afterward, they each build their best-est fantasies ever about each other.

Cathy's dreams of Travis are interrupted by earth movers outside her back door. An easy investigation leads her to finding out Travis is p
Cheryl
Jul 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cathy O’Dell is the new owner of the Honky Tonk bar. She brought it from her cousin, Daisy from I Love This Bar. Cathy loves being the owner of the Honky Tonk. She meets some interesting people.

Travis Henry is in town temporary for a few months. He is helping out working at the oil rig site. Travis kicks the New Year off with a bang, when he kisses Cathy. Travis thinking that Cathy was just a waitress at the bar, gets a big surprise when he discovers that Cathy is the owner.

At first Cathy wants
Amy Jacobs
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
If you have read any of the author's previous country romance books, you probably knew you had to run and snag this book from the bookstore. When this book arrived in my mailbox, my reaction was Hell, Yeah! The author has a special talent for writing some hot country boy books.

In the latest installment, we get to meet Travis and Cathy. Travis is the down and dirty cowboy that you instantly picture in your head. I loved how the author brought him to life on the pages and made him fumble his way
Shannon
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-reads, own
Ok, so I will start with something positive... This author writes really good supporting characters. I like that she makes sure we catch up with previous characters, without making it all about them, and weaves in equally new ones. I also like that I know a couple of the songs, even some of the more obscure ones, or can figure out which song she is referencing to search for it online. I'm a sucker for music so that speaks to me more than her trying to write the words. However I have to again que ...more
Carrie
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed all of Carolyn Brown’s previous books, but this is my favorite. I loved both Travis and Cathy and couldn’t wait for them to realize they were meant for each other. Cathy isn’t looking for a man until Travis kisses her on New Year’s Eve. She couldn’t get the good looking cowboy off her mind, and Travis can’t forget that the prickly bar owner kisses like nothing he’s ever felt before. These two circle around each other until they finally give in to the temptation.

Like the previous b
Emily
Cathy O'Dell is as tough as they come, owner of the Honky Tonk and not afraid to put a man in his place including the hunky cowboy who walks right up to her and gives her a New Year's kiss.

Travis Henry doesn't know what possessed him, but the stunning beauty with no one to share the New Year's with has him captivated, until she starts yelling at him. No matter how hard he tries after he seems to be the target of her poisonious barbs, that is until they reach an impasse.

I think I waited to long

• Mistletoe in Texas (Texas Rodeo #5)
  • Tangled in Texas (Texas Rodeo #2)
  • Tougher in Texas (Texas Rodeo #3)
  • Reckless in Texas (Texas Rodeo #1)
  • Fearless in Texas (Texas Rodeo #4)
  • Red River Deep
  • An Old Love's Shadow
  • The Second Chance Rancher (The Millers of Morgan Valley, #1)
  • Bride for A Day
  • Second Chance Cowboy (Crossroads Ranch, #1)
  • The Last Good Cowboy (Morgan Ranch, #3)
  • Tough Talking Cowboy (Wild Rose Ranch #3)
  • To Tame a Wild Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #7)
  • Love at First Sight (Cupid, Texas, #1)
  • Summer at Lake Haven (Haven Point, #11)
  • One Fine Cowboy
  • Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1)
  • A Very Cowboy Christmas (Smokin’ Hot Cowboys, #3)
Hi! I'm twenty five years old and movie star gorgeous. The camera added thirty plus years and a few wrinkles. Can't trust those cameras or mirrors either. Along with bathroom scales they are notorious liars! Honestly, I am the mother of three fantastic grown children who've made me laugh and given me more story ideas than I could ever write. My husband, Charles, is my strongest supporter and my be ...more

Honky Tonk (4 books)
  • I Love This Bar (Honky Tonk, #1)
  • My Give a Damn's Busted (Honky Tonk, #3)
  • Honky Tonk Christmas (Honky Tonk, #4)