Start by marking “Bridleton” as Want to Read:
Bridleton

Bridleton (Bridleton #1)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  727 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Andrea Bartell is an international model whose jet-set lifestyle has kept her from her Texas home for five years. Noah Courtland is the man she left behind after a bitter breakup. He’s in charge of her beloved Bridleton and it's at the root of their emotional warfare. Neither wants to rekindle the flames of their relationship yet the desire hasn’t diminished. It burns hotl ...more
ebook, First, 187 pages
Published June 10th 2010 by Becky Barker (first published January 11th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Bridleton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bridleton

Ressa Empbra
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who are true romantics at heart.
Recommended to Ressa by: Facbook Friends
Bridleton is a well written, classic love story by Becky Barker. I give this book a four-star review.

The story is about the man and woman who fall head over heels in love with each other at an early age. The one who moves away to start a career and a new life never wants to look back. The one left behind is almost always that 'never-changing' type, remaining in the same place literally and metaphorically, left to wonder what they did wrong, and if their love will ever return.

Andrea, having been
Brigitte
Aug 18, 2012 rated it did not like it
I have to agree with the lower rated reviews. I think my biggest problem with this title was the further I got into the story, the less I liked the heroine. She was wishy washy, and kind of a flake. If her indecisiveness had stemmed from being in the presence of the big bad hero, that would be silly, but understandable. Instead, she's kind of vapid and shallow. The whole 'I'll show him and flaunt my super model beauty' was pretty childish for a woman who is supposed to be as worldly and sophisti ...more
Kasey
A good fast read. The characters are likeable and I did find myself rooting for them. They both made mistakes in how they handled things when they left off five years before and they have lots to work through. Through a good portion of the book I found myself leaning more toward Andrea's side of this situation, even knowing it was a misunderstanding. Both of these characters really spent a lot of time not overcoming their pride, which was their biggest obstacle in the past and present. But in th ...more
Sassapphras
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
The story itself gets 3-stars, however there were some things that bothered me about this book. One was her reaction to his honesty. For example, Noah would say something like, "Yeah I wanted to go to this other chick when you pissed me off, but I didn't." And Andrea would melt inside at his honesty. Seriously? Honest or not, that would still piss me off. That happened a few times in the book. There were other things, too, but that's just to give an idea about what I didn't like.
LadyCalico
Jul 25, 2011 rated it did not like it
I couldn't get into the characters or the story--perpetually angry people with a bizarre preoccupation with nipples--I think the author had a bet with someone to see how many times she could work the word into a short book. Unpleasant characters in a nothing story.
Nell
Jul 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable story, nicely realised characters plus I'm a sucker for cowboys.
Brenda
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I don't know why I started this and didn't finish it but I've picked it back up and read the rest of it. It was a fast read kept my interest... steamy love scenes...it's a snowy cold day here I may start another book soon and read the afternoon away! BTW - who doesn't love a hot cowboy and there are a few in this book!

Description on Good Reads: Andrea Bartell is an international model whose jet-set lifestyle has kept her from her Texas home for five years. Noah Courtland is the man she left behi
Elizabeth
I’m not crazy about western romance to start with, but this one drove me particularly crazy. The heroine, Andrea, and the hero, Noah, were high school sweethearts. But when Andrea’s sister died shortly after alluding to the fact that she and Noah also had a thing going, Andrea fled and became an international model. Yep.
The main conflict is this misunderstanding between the two, which could have been easily cleared up. Noah’s a bit of a jerk. The book spends way too much time describing how phy
 Mummy Cat Claire
Who doesn't love a good cowboy romance? Barker did a great job creating flawed, likable characters. Noah was very sexy. Andrea was okay...I think Noah was right when he called her a snob.
This was a pretty quick read. It starts off quick, but I think Barker did a good job of setting things up for the reader. There wasn't a huge amount of back story with each character, but to be honest if there were it would have been wordy and boring. For this type of book, I think Barker did a great job.
I got
Amy
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-read
Not sure what to say about this book really. What I can say, don't pick up this book thinking it is going to be a burning desire to read it sort of book. I picked it up at a really busy time. Had it been the burning desire to read kind of book, I would have read it every day. As it was, it took me much longer than it should have to read. It isn't a bad book or I would have given it much lower than 4 stars, but it wasn't a fantastic book either. It is enjoyable, but not spectacular. I did enjoy t ...more
Donna Hatridge
This story was a fast read for me. The story has been told in many was before. Becky Barker did a good job of telling this one.

Andrea is an international model that lives a jet set life. She has been away from her Texas home of Bridleton for too long. But now she is being called home by her grandmother.

Noah is the man she left behind after a bitter breakup. But Noah stayed on the Ranch working his way up until now he's in charge of her beloved Texas home Bridleton.

Penny Leidecker
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Becky Barker, but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed Andrea and Noah's story. If you enjoy second chance romances then this is definitely a one-click book. Grab your copy today and find out what happened five years ago to make Andrea leave Bridleton. Secrets are revealed and mistakes are made, but is it enough to bring Noah and Drea back together? I can't wait to read Cheyenne's story next.
Nicole
Feb 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: written-review
Becky Barker provides readers with a quick, enjoyable read. Her characters have are not perfect, which makes them more real. Her descriptive writing places the reader right in the middle of the ranch. Fantastic "get-away" book for anyone who loves western romances! Hopefully she will turn this into a series, so readers can continue enjoying characters and tales from the Bridleton ranch.
Pam Koenig
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Misunderstandings broke them apart, but now illness and debt bring them back together. A sick aunt and a ranch going under helps them put what happened years before in perspective. Both were quick to fall in lust, but finally they learned to trust each other and admit love never faded. A nice read, some sex scenes, but nothing real graphic.
Terri
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
I listened to the audio version, which isn't listed on here. I wasn't sure I was going to like it at first, but the story drew me in. I found myself eager to get back to it. It's a simple love story, but I did find myself questioning where it was going from time to time. Anxious to get the next book.
JoAnne
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wow what a steamy and quick read. Love cowboys, TX settings and a prominent ranching family. This book had it all. Lots of romance and love, heartache, caring, siblings, laughter, tears and a happily ever after. This is book one in the Bridleton series and Barker is a new to me author but I'll be going back for more!
Julieedington
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Love, trust, deceit, and lost love. Who's to blame? When you leave the past behind, the door to a much brighter future opens. True love conquers all. Great read. This author does a fabulous job of describing a smoking hot cowboy.
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Got this book for free on B&N for nook. Cute story, I really liked the characters. Frustrating at times, but I loved the chemistry between the MC and her beau. It was a fast paced read. but the story kept you entertained and you can't forget the cowboy :)
Jen_C
Stupid redneck assumption!

Thinking only of the distress call that had her racing across two continents,

“Your brother and sister are fine,” assured Nanette. “The emergency is of a financial nature.”
Jealisa
Jul 18, 2011 rated it liked it
it is the typical story of where a girl is unaware of half the story leave because she fels betrayed and comes back to fall in love with the man she left behind.
It is a book you can use to feel in the time.
Corinne Scott
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great characters, love reunited--my fave! Great job!
Monet
Feb 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Free eBook from B&N.
Ashley
Aug 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this book. Hopefully she will write books for the other members of the family.
Marilyn
This story starts out good enough but where it went flat was basically there was no conflict.
Margaret
3.5
Vivian
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-contemp
Pleasant story revolving around ranch life (realistic) and a second chance love affair. Filled with the requisite cowboys, cowgirls, and loyal family members.
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: favorites
an above average, good steamy read. took about 3 hours..great chemistry.
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Good summer romance!!
Sharon
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, was the first I've read of this author.
  • Texas Hold Him
  • Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • The Mistress' House
  • Never a Bride
  • A Secret in Salem
  • The Brigand Bride (Dangerous Masquerade Collection, #1)
  • One Lucky Cowboy (Lucky, #2)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder (Second Chances)
  • Dear Cupid (Texas Heat Wave, #2)
  • Silken Threads (Wexford Family, #1; Lords of Conquest, #1)
  • Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books #1)
  • Daddy Lessons (Home to Hartley Creek, #2)
  • Safe Harbor
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • Alison
  • Once a Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Vanquished (The Roxbury Trilogy, #1)
  • Hawks Mountain
Becky Barker is an award-winning romance author whose books have been translated into more than a dozen foreign languages, published in large print library editions and in many electronic formats. She makes her home in central Ohio where she's surrounded by a big, close-knit family.

Becky offers a monthly readers' contest on her website and welcomes readers to email her at write@BeckyBarker.com
More about Becky Barker...

Bridleton (3 books)
  • Chey's Cowboy
  • Zack's Ranch (Bridleton Book 3)