Start by marking “Nights of Rain and Stars / Whitethorn Woods” as Want to Read:
Nights of Rain and Stars / Whitethorn Woods

Nights of Rain and Stars / Whitethorn Woods

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  208 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Nights of Rain and Stars / Whitethorn Woods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nights of Rain and Stars / Whitethorn Woods

Mary Monks
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found this to be a delightful story .... like all Maeve Binchy books I have ever read!
Four strangers met in a Greek taverna and are forced together as the result of a tragedy which occurs in the harbour town which they are visiting.
They all have escaped in some way from their lives outside this village.
Through their interactions some delightful incidents occur.
They all find solutions but they are not always the ones they thought they were looking for!
The relationships which are formed are oft
Pam Smedley
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fun read. This book's universal them resonated with me. A delightfully entertaining book, filled with characters I found worth reading about. I wasn't disappointed with any of the plot choices that were developed. This was my first Maeve Binchy book to read, but it will not be my last. I look forward to the next book!
Linda
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I haven't read a Binchy book in years. Why? Her characters are so real. I hated for this one to end.
Jan Stone
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another typical Maeve Binchy read
Terry Bourbon
Sep 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Maeve Binchy's books. She has a gift for character development. She also has a wicked sense of how to intertwine the lives of her characters, and still surprise the reader. This book was a good one, but shorter than some of her books, so I felt the interrelations of the characters were a little more predictable than usual. Still a very enjoyable read, if a bit melancholy.

The book opens during a tragedy on a small Greek Island. The main characters all observe a boat fire from a hi
Carol
May 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Another good book about relationships. Perhaps I'm tiring of her style, because although I truly enjoyed this book, I do find it all a bit too "perfect". All the characters have good hearts, get along fine and make friends with each other, even though they are simply tossed together because of a disaster in the village. I don't think it reflects "real life" all that well. That said, Binchy is always a guaranteed good read, if sometimes a bit on the lighter side. We all need that sometimes.
Suzanne Cooper
Dec 11, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, maeve-binchy
I have read and enjoyed many Binchy stories over the years, & while this one was also delightful~~~~it lacked some of the depth of character of some of her others. Still, loved the setting- a small Greek Island village, & it's colorful & varied inhabitants~plus~the four travelers who come together there.
Cyndy
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from Ms Binchy, the characters are well developed and you become interested and really come to care about what happens to each character in the story. I do not think she could write a bad story if she tried.
Liz
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I could not stop reading this even though I found the writing repetitive and almost adolescent. Great characters, vivid descriptions and good storytelling. A bit predictable. All in all a good escape.
Nana
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Previous to Goodreads I kept a book log. I am updating ratings based on my log. My rating system is 1 - 10. I gave this book an 9.5. Loved this book.
Donna Heder
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorite books ever!
Brid Kenny
  • Margaret Rutherford: Dreadnought with Good Manners: A Biography
  • John Lennon
  • The Nightspinners
  • The Reunion
  • Cannibal Killers: The Real Life Flesh Eaters and Blood Drinkers (True Crime)
  • Camberwell Beauty
  • The World's Most Evil People
  • Gravity / Bloodstream
  • The World's Most Bizarre Murders: True Stories That Will Shock and Amaze You
  • The Girl in Alfred Hitchcock's Shower
  • The Llama Parlour
  • Sweet and Vicious
  • Chasing Justice: My Story of Freeing Myself After Two Decades on Death Row for a Crime I Didn't Commit
  • The Mammoth Book of True Crime
  • The Beatles: Unseen Archives
  • The Hollywood Book of Death: The Bizarre, Often Sordid, Passings of More than 125 American Movie and TV Idols
  • The Gypsy Madonna
  • Postcards from the Boys
Maeve Binchy was born on 28 May 1940 in Dalkey, County Dublin, Ireland, the eldest child of four. Her parents were very positive and provided her with a happy childhood. Although she described herself as an overweight child, her parents' attitude gave her the confidence to accept herself for who she was.

She studied at University College Dublin and was a teacher for a while. She also loved travelin
More about Maeve Binchy...