Start by marking “I Too Had a Love Story” as Want to Read:
I Too Had a Love Story

I Too Had a Love Story

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  38,021 ratings  ·  2,113 reviews
Do love stories ever die?. . . How would you react when a beautiful person comes into your life, and then goes away from you . . . forever?
Not all love stories are meant to have a perfect ending. I Too Had a Love Story is one such saga. It is the tender and heartfelt tale of Ravin and Khushi—two people who found each other on a matrimonial site and fell in love . . . until
ebook, 01, 112 pages
Published 2011 (first published February 28th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Too Had a Love Story, please sign up.
Hiya Sharma This story is one of its kind...It creates a spell upon you and you feel as if you're actually seeing all the story…moreThis story is one of its kind...It creates a spell upon you and you feel as if you're actually seeing all the story(less)

·  38,021 ratings  ·  2,113 reviews

Start your review of I Too Had a Love Story
Sailesh Ravindran
Mar 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Once again, some great reviews is what led me to reading this book. The book, they say, is a true love tale, written by Ravinder out of the despair of losing his girlfriend. But, the writing is irritatingly immature. Considering it a true account, this could have been excused if only it had been written with some confidence. He goes on repeating the phrase '...because i am madly in love with Khushi' over and over again, as if he thinks that a reader might actually not understand it. Another irri ...more
Dona
Jul 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
D title says ‘I TOO HAD A LOVE STORY’ ( Did he really? I ‘m not very sure whether it was love or sum guy gloating over it..He checks out an air-hostess while his ’soulmate’ is dying & has d audacity 2 paint himself innocent..u call dis luv??)

Guess vat, it is a stupid, stupid book! Riding on d Chetan Bhagat bandwagon, here cums anoder Indian writer wid a so called’ heartbreaking true love tale’. Its d story of Ravin, who falls in luv wid a girl whom he met on a matrimonial site n finally loses he
Hershey
Apr 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awfully written novel which killed the story.

This book was suggested to me by my dear friend who loved this book. I normally avoid tragic - romance books. But the way my friend described it made me want to give it a try.

Here's what happened.
 photo catsleepingonabook_zps131dae5d.jpg

Sleep was inevitable. But I somehow managed to read the book, to read the pages that lacked savor. It was a bitter boring read. It was like biting an apple that was about to rot.

The story is about the author, Ravi who meets a girl in an internet dating
Archit
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-we-own
I will give this one a five star without being generous. These light-hearted reads had been in the trend in the book sales.

And I picked on up before a tiresome overnight journey.

The story is indeed good and I will reserve my rating explanation for just the ending. It had me captured and had my attention!

Brisking and trotting the tale at his will, Ravinder Singh did a good sound job throwing the ending in the face - right out of the blue.

“She died. I survived. Because I survived, I die everyd
Harsh Gopal
Aug 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sapphire
Feb 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: indian-authors
A beautiful story. This book is a simple yet capturing story of Ravin and Khushi.None of the lavish or extravagant stuff.
Just a simple story but while reading the book you will realise that author has put his heart and soul in the book.You will remember the book and specially Ravin for sure, for his simplicity,for story,for the emotions he felt for Khushi, for Khushi.
If you are in love or are in waiting for your prince/princess you will connect to the story.
A book by a person in love - summar
Mohit Parikh
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: india
My mother's fifteen year old student handed me this book, wanting me to read it, read it and love it as much as he did. When he persisted for a week, I finally decided to give it a go this night.
It takes barely a page to understand that it is an uncomplicated and honest story, with easy to relate one dimensional Indian characters. English is bad, editing is worse, but the fact that the author wants to narrate the story 'as is', makes you leave aside all judgement and by the time the book ends,
Anwesha
Aug 15, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: yuck
the story is touching but i didn't like the narrative nature of storytelling......it was more informative than literary. ...more
Saumya
Jun 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
It is one of the cringiest books I have ever read. The main characters were just trying to live a love story that they have seen in cliché puppy-love movies. There wasn't any love between them so over-enthusiastic love declarations seemed nonsensical.

Only read it because it was such a popular best-seller but turned out to be another overrated romantic novel.
Aditi Sinai carapurcar
I fail to understand how a guy can fall in love with a girl whom he hasnt even met. The even more surprising fact is that the family of both the main characters seem cool with it. The repetitive use of shona, love you, and continuous conversations seem more like addiction than love. The part where he continues talking even during take-off is nothing more than childish.

The author has made references where he has met the girls family personally while there is not a single instance where the guy's
Meenakshi
Love stories with a tragic end are beautiful in their own peculair way.Some love stories never die. They remain for generations yet to come to read them again...this is one such story....
Though I am not the kind who'd read romantic novels on a lazy Sunday morning just to pass time but I knew this one had something special about it even before I started reading it.
Boy was the story touching!!..? To know it is a true story was even more touching and I could feel the pain the author must have gone
Fareya
Apr 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Yet another cliché love story with a terrible narrative.

One day I made her cry, she cried and then seeing her crying I cried. The sky cried.

Did I mention childish and repetitive?
I am still asking myself why I picked it up!!
Prachi
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some books take you for a surprise. I was recently browsing a bookshop and came across a lot of young aspiring Indian Authors. Most of them were chicklits and female authors but to find a male author in this selection was a surprise. The title of the book struck a chord with me. Even I too had a love story....so I picked the book. Haven't never heard about the author nor the book. I felt I should try reading it, and boy did I feel touched. To know its a true story was even more touching and I co ...more
Avisha
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Touching!!!

A friend of mine had recommended it to me... Though I've never been a big fan of young Indian authors, I thought, let's give it a try!! Before I started reading, I was in an impression that it's gonna be a normal good read... As I started, I found it gripping...

It is so beautifully written, I just couldn't resist the urge to read at one go... Each feeling of being in love is perfectly and purely described... It made me really emotional as it went ahead...

I wish the love story didn't h
Vaishali
Feb 19, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Lame, predictable, lousy and very filmy. Not sure if this is a true story, but it is truly inspired by Chetan Bhagat's writing. I wonder how he managed to write a sequel for such a lame plot! In all, a total waste of time.

Suresh H S
I heard my friend warning me to read it carefully as it might make me cry. Yes, I am in love and its complicated. With all the high expectations I started exploring the book. I was disappointed. It is a pure juvenile writing. The author has killed all the emotions. The major hit for the sales could be coz of the story which is highly predictable.
The novel is full of passive voices.

Absolute bullshit.
There was n
Ashish Iyer
Lovely story! The fact that this is a true story and written in pain and sorrow, you definitely can understand what the author has gone through. This seemed more like a story to let his emotions out than for us to sit and talk about it.
Malini M.kanchan
Hi everyone,

i like to read love stories a lot. when i heard about this book from one of my friend, i was pretty excited to read it. so i purchased it & yes from the starting itself it a very different & romantic kind of love story. this book express each feeling in the heart of the author & her girlfriend khushi. it means a lot to know the feeling of a girl & a boy in love. the last 4 to five pages of the book are really very sad & i read it with tears in my eye, as it toches u so deeply. i have
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Anushka
Jun 09, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This might just seem offensive but as everyone has been entitled some different frames of reference,so do the reviews differ. I read the book as soon as one of my friends suggested me, and oh my god. Well, honestly I'd call that day a wasted one - just another love story with another predictable plot and a very lovey-dovey narration. I do love the genre romance, yes I LOVE it! Yet, this was a disappointment. I wish I never read this one - never. Opinions may differ,i know, but make a choice be ...more
Bibek Thapa
*Disclaimer: This review contains spoilers and some strong language. So be warned*

I Too Had a Love Story is one of the most over-hyper piece of crap I've ever read.
Supposedly, this is a true story of the author, Ravin, and the girl "whom [he] loved, yet couldn't marry", Kushi. Even if this story was complete fiction, I don't think I would have wanted Kushi to end up with Ravin. Ever.

I haven't read a lot of Indian authors, but the one's I have read have a good grasp of the English language. Sadly
Pooja Mishra
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
its easy reading book, the story is of Ravin and Khushi, who gets connected through a matrimony site.
and plans their life together, but khushi meets with an accident and dies.. readers feels for the Ravin because he was serious for the relationship, its a flat story, no ups and down, no thrills and suspense created, i would give 2 star, though i believe many readers can relate with the story and their opinion could be more favourable to this book..
Anuja
first of all, lets not compare Indian authors with the western authors. keeping that in mind, the book is gud and touching. sadly the narration is not up to the mark. you can sympathise with the author but it doesnt go beyond that. there are a few places where the tale gets mushy and u cant help but roll ur eyes. also the comments in the brackets make the book look more like a personal diary than a bestseller. the forced humour is also a turn off at a few places.
while reading it, almost every pe
Mith
Written using extremely simplistic language with stilted and repetitive dialogues that made the story sound at times like a bad play, and at others like a last-ditch attempt infomercial to sell a product that no one wants to buy. Did not hold my attention long enough to make me want to continue beyond the first few pages.
Romita Puruswani
good plot, but very very very bad writing. i found myself skipping lines in order to get over with the overly detailed stuff. She was beautiful, we get it. You are in love with her, we get it. Yours is a "unique" story, we get that too. Just get over it already, and move ahead. not at all well written and dragged along. should've hired a ghost writer to write it down. disappointed. ...more
Jyoti Babel
Sep 02, 2011 rated it liked it
The author tells his love story through this book. It has a tragic end, which explains the past tense of the title. It is the love story of Ravin and Khushi. The author tells how he met the girl of her dreams and how their love bloomed. But, things doesn't happen as he had thought as destiny had other plans for them. Giving out more about the story would not do justice to any aspiring readers. So, read the book to find out more. Having said that,I must add that if you are looking for a literary ...more
Shreeka
To be honest, I havent read books written by Indian authors. This was my first experience and really i didnt know what to expect. A friend of mine who loved this book lent it to me and i thought i could give it a try. I dont regret my decision because i actually liked this book. It was a simple love story with a tragic ending..well we all knew how the story was going to end like that since the title doesnt do much to hide that fact. And yes, I cried during the last moments.(what? im an emotional ...more
Santhosh
Feb 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Though I appreciate the intent and emotions behind Ravinder's story and the amount of personal courage and desperate longing in writing this, I just can't forgive the bad writing from a obviously first-time writer. While the editors may have decided to let the book follow the natural flow of the author, there's a reason they have a job and a role in the industry. ...more
Mohammed Rasheen
i swear, i was emotionally blackmailed to read this book -_-
1 star for the story and content.
another 1 for the efforts author took to publish and market it to a sensational hit ( total 2 stars for book)
last 1 star for the person who demanded me to read it. -_-
Anuradha
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Satan
Recommended to Anuradha by: People who called themselves my friends
It saddens me what passes for literature these days... Ravinder Singh is in need of a thesaurus, a dictionary, and all the Wren and Martin grammar books in the world. Jesus Christ, this is utter crap.

• 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Half Girlfriend
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • One Night at the Call Center
  • Of Course I Love You...! Till I Find Someone Better...
  • If It's Not Forever. It's Not Love.
  • The Immortals of Meluha (Shiva Trilogy, #1)
  • One Indian Girl
  • You Were My Crush!...till you said you love me!
  • Till The Last Breath
  • She Broke Up, I Didn’t! .... I just kissed someone else!
  • The World's Best Boyfriend
  • Our Impossible Love
  • It Started With a Friend Request
  • You are the Password to my Life
Ravinder Singh is a software engineer who works with a prominent IT company in India.

He was brought up in a very small town of Orissa called Burla. After spending most of his life there, he has recently moved to Chandigarh. Owing to the Nature of his work, he has visited various parts of the world and he wishes to continue doing the same in future. Apart from reading and writing, The Author has a