Start by marking “How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)” as Want to Read:
How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)

How to Crash a Killer Bash

(Party Planning #2)

Presley Parker is hosting a Murder Mystery party thrown by a notorious yet benevolent curator, Mary lee Miller. But when the role play becomes terrifyingly real, and Mary Lee is found dead, Presley kicks her sleuthing into high gear-only to find that someone wants the life of the party dead too...
Published August 3rd 2010 by NAL (first published June 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about How to Crash a Killer Bash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Crash a Killer Bash

Start your review of How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
Glen
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozies
Second in a series of cozies featuring a sleuth who is a party planner.

Presley Parker lost her job and started a business as a party planner. She works and lives over on Treasure Island.

She's asked to throw a Murder Mystery party at San Francisco's De Young museum. The usual jerk is murdered. Presley's friend is implicated, so she investigates.

A well constructed mystery, and engaging characters make this a great cozy.
Stacey
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 The second book in the Party Planning series was better than the first. A couple of glaring things that really bugged me in #1 was the ridiculous amount of times it was mentioned that the main character, Presley Parker, had ADHD and OCD and her friend’s name Delicia. The name bothered me because I don’t know how to pronounce it, so my reading pace was slowed down, if that makes sense. In How to Crash a Killer Bash the ADHD/OCD references were minimum and half the time Delicia was referred to ...more
P. Kirby
Dec 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
An interesting study in how some peoples' "interesting, fun" character can be someone else's "annoying twit."

Presley Parker is a party planner...excuse me, "event planner." Her latest gig is a fund raiser for San Francisco's de Young art museum. The event is a murder mystery party. Presley, her best friend Delicia, museum bigwig Mary Lee Miller, Mary Lee's son Jason, along with several others, play the part of sleuths in a game where party guests are recruited to help solve a made-up murder
Gaby
Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Posted at: http://oh-my-books.blogspot.com/2010/...

How to Crash a Killer Bash is the sequel to How to Host a Killer Party. The protagonist, Presley, is still organizing parties, and this time, she's hosting a Murder Mystery party. Everything is going great, until Mary Lee Miller, the hostess, is found dead, and Delicia, Presley's best friend, is a suspect.

Of course she knows she didn't do it....but who? Nobody seems to like Mary Lee Miller at all...

Presley is still the same funny girl. What I
Marlyn
Jun 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mystery
The sequel to How to Host a Killer Party has party event planner Presley Parker hosting another fundraising bash. This one is benefit for San Francisco's DeYoung Museum, and will be a murder mystery event in the museum. The hostess us philanthropist Mary Lee Miller, who has decided to play the role of the victim herself.

But on the night of the party, when the victim is found, Mary Lee is discovered to actually be dead.

There is no shortage of suspects for the crime, as Ms. Miller was arrogant,
Sarah Sammis
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2010
Presley Parker is back in How to Crash a Killer Bash by Penny Warner. She's hosting another huge shindig in San Francisco, this time a fundraiser at the de Young Museum. When the curator and host, Mary Lee Miller is found murdered with museum property in the middle of the pary, Penny's best friend is fingered for the crime. Can she figure out who did it before she becomes another victim?

As with the first book in the series, How to Host a Killer Party, San Francisco is as much a character as
Diane Rapport
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
Presley Parker, party planner, is at it again. She's planned a murder mystery party at the deYoung Museum in San Francisco, hosted by socialite/fundraiser Mary Lee Miller. Predictably, things go wrong and Mary Lee ends up dead - murdered with a fake prop. Presley's friend and assistant Delicia is arrested for the crime. Presley knows her friend is innocent, so she goes into sleuth mode to see her exonerated.

I found this book to be ok, but not much more. The author's descriptions of San
Misty
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
loved this I stayed up late just to finish it (I will be so sleepy later but I will not regret it!) I cannot wait to get the other book. Presley is once again knee deep in another confounding mystery!

When the guest of honor at her mystery party ends up bloody on the floor her best friend is framed for the crime. Pres is sure her friend is innocent and is determined to prove it...even if it kills her.

Detective Melvin makes another appearance here and he is still as annoying as ever pestering
Myhotstylist
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of the best cozy mystery series available on the market today. Presley is such a fun quirky character that cant seem to keep her nose out of trouble.

In this second installment, Presley throws a murder mystery party at the de Young Museum. Things turn to crap when her best friend is arrested for the muder of the guest of honor. presley decides to snoop to uncover the truth and get her friend out of jail.

Even though it was predicatable (I guessed the killer very early on) I
Vickie
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun wee series that I look forward to reading more of. It takes place in San Francisco, a city I want to visit someday.
I know murder is bad, but when the truly odious Mary Lee Miller gets whacked, I didn't feel too badly. I felt bad when party planner Presley Parker's friend Delicia gets accused of the murder. I like Delicia and there were plenty of other suspects. Presley sets out to figure it out as well as keeping her busy business running.
A lot of fun and I look forward to reading the
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This murder mystery fundraiser was held at the De Young Museum in San Francisco, but, alas, there was a glitch, a murder occurred. Off goes our event planner/sleuth and her cohorts when one of their own is arrested (falsely.)

I once again enjoyed the characters in this book. I was very happy to see, Presley's mother become more involved.

The brief glances at the history of the city continues and really adds a level to the book's enjoyment.

I am anxiously awaiting publication of the next in the
Mark Baker
Mar 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, mystery
Thanks to Penny, I got an ARC of this book. Presley Parker is hosting a murder mystery to raise money for San Francisco's de Young museum when the play's victim dies in real life. The final quarter seemed a little bumpy with Presley being over shocked by things I thought were obvious. The climax still surprised me and kept me turning the pages.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Caroline
May 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
Okay this was cheating - the book's not officially out yet but Penny Warner kindly gave me an ARC. This was a wonderful book! She always has interesting characters and always includes something informative about a disability or charity cause. Very entertaining. I love Penny's writing.
Sabra
Dec 23, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked this book except the protagonist calls this cute guy for help with everything. Shouldn't he be working or something?
Shannon
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the way the author, Penny Warner, uses the Bay Area as her setting for the Party Planner mystery series. The characters are believable and likeable. This book is a fun read.
Jenn
Dec 17, 2011 rated it liked it
It is a nice easy read. Sometimes I get really frustrated with Presley since she always will do the stupid thing. The mystery is light and easy. Nice and fluffy.
Debbie
May 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
presley parker is a great sleuth! I love these books and have read every one of them! it's a great mystery with a little bit of fun and laughter thrown in !! :)
Brigitta
I loved Presley!!! Her sense of humor was great!! She was a strong and determined character who never gave up. Wonderful!!!
Myrna
Sep 12, 2012 rated it liked it
A cute little quick read. I liked it as it takes place in San Francisco and the places mentioned are all familiar.
Must say the end and the killer was not the one I thought it would be.
Melodie
Apr 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2010
Decent read, but I think I liked the first one better. Presley is likeable and mystery party at the museum was a great idea. Didn't figure out "whodunit" too quickly either!
Karen
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
More trouble for the party planner in San Francisco.
Regan
Jun 29, 2011 rated it liked it
fun read -- the de young is a favorite haunt
Jamie
Aug 28, 2010 rated it liked it
A predictable but fun, quick read.
Anne
Nora-adrienne
Apr 28, 2012
Lexie Chuhran
Dec 11, 2016

• The Lincoln Lawyer (Mickey Haller, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #15)
  • Skinny Dip (Mick Stranahan #2)
  • The Blood of Roses (Highlands, #2)
  • Murphy's Law (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #1)
  • Envy
  • The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL
  • Oh Danny Boy (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #5)
  • Chill Factor
  • In Like Flynn (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #4)
  • Death of Riley (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #2)
  • For the Love of Mike (Molly Murphy Mysteries, #3)
  • The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing
  • The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1)
  • The Switch
  • Moloka'i (Moloka'i #1)
Penny Warner is an award-winning author of over sixty books, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE mystery series (Macavity winner), HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY series, and the upcoming Food Festival series. Her middle-grade mystery, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery.

Party Planning (5 books)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4)
  • How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5)