Start by marking “Enough!: A Buddhist Approach to Finding Release from Addictive Patterns” as Want to Read:
Enough!: A Buddhist Approach to Finding Release from Addictive Patterns

Enough!: A Buddhist Approach to Finding Release from Addictive Patterns

All of us are caught up in addictions—big or small. Enough! presents a practical path that releases us from the grip of negative habits and addictions that block a full and meaningful life. We can learn how to undo our habits and addictions, but to do this we have to first find their triggers. With the right techniques, we can disarm them and learn more effective ways for ...more
Published July 16th 2010 by Snow Lion

To ask other readers questions about Enough!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enough!

Jim Thompson
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Very mixed feelings on this book.

I really didn't love it. I didn't like the writing, the flow. It just didn't click with me as a read. Took me forever to get through it because I just didn't have the desire to pick it up often, found in clunky at times.

On the other hand, I very much liked the various meditations throughout the book and plan on incorporating almost all of them into my own meditation practice. While I wouldn't say I am someone with any big "addictions," I do have plenty of areas o
Fred
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I finished this book a while back. It's interesting and focuses on mindfulness, meditation, and becoming more self aware. Those are things that likely benefit anyone and everyone no matter what place they're at in their life.

This book focuses on means and methods that can be applied for a variety of actual addictive behaviors ranging from the severe to the small and unobtrusive.

More importantly and attractively, the book does not make attempts to convert one to Buddhism, but only utilizes techn
Claudia Yahany
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Al principio del libro leí que la mente debía poder estar en paz incluso en la regadera. Claro que mi mente no está en paz en la regadera, al menos cotidianamente. Cerré el libro por meses.

Sin embargo, con herramientas como el perdón, la gratitud o el contentamiento, la mente puede estar en paz. No es un libro emocionante o completamente nuevo, pero si es un muy buen resumen o guía para encontrar paz aún con todos los malos hábitos o las reacciones impulsivas que normalmente permitimos.

Quisiera
Sammy
I read this four years ago, and have just re-read it. I think some of the criticisms of it are valid. It does not dazzle, but it is fairly solid. On it's own it is not much, but it has helped me manage addictions, even if only giving me something else to do while reading it for a while. Reading it is a kind of signalling to myself that I really am committed in making change. I think it works best within a wider buddhist framework, so perhaps if you have heard C.Taylor actually speak on the topic ...more
Jolene
Oct 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
Very formulaic and trite. Nothing ground breaking. Doesn't go into detail at all. Skims the surface and it's all, "you must do this" and "you must do that" but doesn't really go into detail HOW to do it. Worth a skim I suppose.
Meagan
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
I read this after attending Venerable Chonyi's workshop on addiction. This book provides a dignified perspective on all addictions and gentle, respectful solutions. The meditations are simple and effective. The book is straight forward and easily understood for non buddhists.
David
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great book for anyone interested in mindfulness-based CBT for addictions.
Brad Ross-macleod