Start by marking “Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs” as Want to Read:
Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs

Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Draw gorgeous portraits of your favorite pets!

Turn your candid snapshots into remarkable artwork that truly captures the personality of your cherished animals. In Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs you'll find foolproof instruction that will have you creating impressive drawings in no time.

Don't let a lack of natural artistic ability or drawing experience discourage y
Published September 1st 2005 by North Light Books (first published August 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawing Realistic Pets from Photographs

Frank
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have some old photographs of a dear old friend no longer with me. There will never be any other photos and some of the ones I have are pretty sad quality. I wanted to remember "Buffy" with some fun drawings using what photos I had blowing up little photos into large wall size with greater detail. This book helped tremendously. Using the grid method really does work and allows me to "blowup" photos that would suffer from physically enlarging the photo by converting them to a drawing. And it had ...more
Jason Fella
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I've read or owned several of Lee's books, so I have a pretty good understanding of her work and technique at this point. Lee's method relies heavily on blending techniques, I would say far too heavily. Now, let me say right up front that if a technique gives you the result you want, then use it, absolutely. That's really the biggest rule in creating art. However, many artists feel that blending can be too often used as a short cut, or to cover up an artist's lack of skill in a particular area.

B
Linda Yesline Yesline
Mar 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and I humbly submit mine-- these drawings are not realistic. There's a lot of smudging and detail work but not a lot of consideration to the overall forms of the subjects. As a result the drawings look waxy and disjointed. I think they also suffer from the artist's commitment to the original photographs of the subjects, which makes the drawings appear lifeless.

I apologize for sounding harsh, but I can arrest to my honesty!
Toka
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
its a great book.i gave it 5 stars because it really helped me to start drawing facial features of animals in a very professional way however i wasn't able to draw it before reading it.
Barbara
Now I just need to put the reading into practice. Will follow-up as to how well I learned from this book.
Rick Crocker
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Lee is a great teacher and artist. I always enjoy and learn from her books that I have read. She rocks.
Malia
Jan 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art
yah boy!!! My favorite!!!
Sharonzsy