Start by marking “Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)” as Want to Read:
Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)

Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  32,138 Ratings  ·  322 Reviews
Talk about a change of plans! Ms. Frizzle and her class are on the Magic School Bus headed for a museum. They have been studying how the body turns food into energy, and now they are going to see an exhibit on the human body. Things seem fine until they stop for lunch. A strange mishap causes the bus to shrink and then be swallowed! Ms. Frizzle's class is suddenly inside a ...more
Published October 1st 1990 by Scholastic Press (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Inside the Human Body, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside the Human Body

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Best Children's Books
4,318 books — 5,627 voters
Cool Science Experiments For Kids! by Sumita MukherjeeScratch 2.0 Programming by Denis GolikovThe Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip by Joanna ColeOn the Ocean Floor by Joanna ColeArchaeologists Dig for Clues by Kate Duke
Science for Kids
299 books — 106 voters

More lists with this book...

Darth J
Emily Smith
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second non-fiction book I chose to review was The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body by Joanna Cole.The Magic School Bus series are science fiction books. There are true facts in the books but it is also impossible to have the adventures that the class have.There are books about entering a human body, traveling through the solar system, visiting inside a beehive, and traveling back in time to see the dinosaurs, just to name a few. This book starts off with Ms. Frizzle's class learning ab ...more
Shanna Gonzalez
Aug 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-04-08
The Magic School Bus is a popular, fun-filled science series in which a class of public-school students, led by the eccentric Ms. Frizzle, goes on magical field trips to new and unusual places. In this episode, their school bus shrinks to miniature size to be swallowed by one of the students. The rest of the class explores the inner workings of his body -- his intestines, circulatory system, nervous system, and respiratory system (at which point they are sneezed out and resume normal size). The ...more
Dianna
Sep 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Will I be any less of a book nerd if I say that I like the TV adaptations of this book better than the book?

Don't get me wrong: the book is fun and educational, and my son loved it. I love how much it has going on—the story, the little speech bubbles, and the reports.

But the TV series splits the human body episodes into at least three, and it gives more opportunity for further detail—instead of just flying through the body, the shows can go into details like how the digestive system works, or ho
Siobhan
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
A wonderful read from my childhood, one I’d certainly suggest for other youngsters. Whilst it is not my all-time favourite childhood read I can still recall all the details of this one meaning it certainly left a lasting impression upon my young mind.

And isn’t that what we want with children’s books, for them to leave a positive lasting impression?
Saige Holcomb
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Personal Response
I think The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body is an interesting book. My favorite part was when they were inside Arnold’s stomach, and a student said the stomach is like hamburger mush. My little sister, Esthur, thought that was funny too. She knew more than I thought she would. When Esthur told me that blood is actually blue, I was surprised she knew that.

Plot
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body is about a class who was learning how the human body functions. They wen
keri.
BLESS U HOOPLA FOR BRINGING THIS LIL RAY OF SUNSHINE BACK INTO MY LIFE
Samantha Mcdowell
Apr 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: informational
I loved this book! They are always so creative and Ms. Frizzle is a crazy character that I think younger kids will love. I would use this book with 3-4th grade because it is a fun book, but the content is a little too advanced for the really young ones to understand like blood cells and the chambers of the heart.
The cover of the book shows the bus and the kids going through something in the body which would draw kids in because it seems very unrealistic and like an adventure. There are end page
Logan
Jan 11, 2015 rated it liked it
The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body is a children's book. A class of elementary students is on a field trip when they stop for lunch.Their bus shrinks down and they are swallowed, so they get a real look at the inside of the human body. The students experience what happens inside of people during digestion. Ms. Frizzle's class is never a normal one. The book is a good way for younger kids to learn science in a fun way.

Ms. Frizzle is the teacher in The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Bod
Steven
Aug 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Like many this is an American book, but unlike lots of others it doesn't pretend to be anything else. Far beyond the differences between English and American children this book opens up a plethora of learning opportunities for primary school aged children.

The book immediately draws you in with beautiful imagery and well designed characterisation, using both good language and comedy appropriate to primary aged children.

The story follows a class who have a magical teacher, she manages to shrink th
Kiefer Hwasta
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it
It is part of the Magic School Bus series. Check out my review on Magic School Bus: Inside the Earth to find out more about the series. In this one, Ms Frizzle shrinks the school bus and goes inside Arnold's body. They learn how the human digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system and how muscles work.
I liked it because it was funny that Arnold could feel them inside his body. I learned about the human body, it is educational and funny.
Catherine
Sep 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK WAS ALSO GOOD AND IT WAS ADVENTUREST AND IT TEACHES YOU THINGS!!!!
Brianna
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In this fun take on an informational book, Ms. Frizzle teaches the students about the human body, and soon after decides to shrink the class for a field trip inside the body. They travel inside of Arnold's body, and learn about the different parts of the body, and their functions. By the end of the day, they make it out the body unscathed, and with a better understanding of the functions of the human body.
Holly
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have always been a lover of science. I believe this book is great for students to be introduced to the human body. Even though it's a fiction book due to the fact a school bus obviously can not shrink and go inside the body, it's got several real facts about the human body inside. This would be a great book to grab children's attention in the science area.
Arian Walker
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genre: Informational
Unique feature: What is unique about this book is that it presents information to the reader through a story! This makes the text interesting to read- you get to follow the storyline while learning a thing or two about the human body.
Grades: 2-4
Nicola
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Miss 2 and I like to explore different books at the library and try to get different ones out every week or so. She loves watching 'The Magic School Bus' and it was great being able to look through it as a book as well. It's so informative and I love the little essays from the kids in the show.
Melissa McAlvey
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, picture-books
i wasn't sure if Norah would be ready for Magic School bus at age 3 but she is so interested in the human body I thought we would give it a try and she seemed to really like it and stay interested. I'm sure some of it went over her head, but even so, it was a win.
SaraKat
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great MSB book! This one describes the digestive, circulatory, respiratory, muscular, and nervous systems--though it doesn't use those terms. The interactions between the systems are illustrated beautifully and this is an attention grabber I plan to have in my middle school classroom.
sarah williams
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My child loves this book he now has
learnt more about the digestive system.
He loves it.💗💟
Maria Mitchell
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute read but harder to read in a group with my students.
Daisy
Jc
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Another great and exciting adventure for the kids of the magic school bus. They get to travel into the human body this time. Wow.
Guy
Shelves: picture-book
ATOS: 4.6
Guided Reading: P
6+1 Traits: Ideas

This book creates a fun story while displaying the reality of the human body.
Megan Gery
This got C. (6) asking lots of great questions about the human body and really engaging with the content. (Yay!)
Reyes
Valentine
Tips for an affordable holiday to Penang 1 2 Nov 21, 2016 09:40PM
  • The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Voyage to the Volcano (Magic School Bus Science Chapter Books, #15)
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Miss Nelson Is Back (Miss Nelson, #2)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Magic School Bus Meets The Rot Squad: A Book About Decomposition
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • The Magic School Bus Hops Home: A Book About Animal Habitats
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Curious George Goes to the Hospital
  • Amelia Bedelia Helps Out
  • Just Me in the Tub (Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
Joanna Cole who also writes under the pseudonym B. J. Barnet is an author of children’s books who teaches science.

She is most famous as the author of The Magic School Bus series of children's books. Joanna Cole has written over 250 books ranging from her first book Cockroach to her famous series Magic School Bus.

Cole was born in Newark, New Jersey, and grew up in nearby East Orange. She loved scie
More about Joanna Cole

The Magic School Bus (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • At the Waterworks (Magic School Bus, #1)
  • Inside the Earth (The Magic School Bus, #2)
  • Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4)
  • On the Ocean Floor
  • In the Time of the Dinosaurs (The Magic School Bus, #6)
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Hurricane (The Magic School Bus, #7)
  • The Magic School Bus Inside a Beehive (The Magic School Bus, #8)
  • The Magic School Bus and the Electric Field Trip (The Magic School Bus, #9)
  • The Magic School Bus Explores the Senses (The Magic School Bus, #10)
  • The Magic School Bus and the Science Fair Expedition (The Magic School Bus, #11)

Nonfiction Deals

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
  • Restless: Because You Were Made for More