Start by marking “Understanding the Scriptures: A Complete Course on Bible Study” as Want to Read:
Understanding the Scriptures: A Complete Course on Bible Study

Understanding the Scriptures: A Complete Course on Bible Study (The Didache Complete Course #2)

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
This book presents a Catholic approach to Scripture, highlighting the theme of covenant. Tracing a path through salvation history, the book explains the various books of the Bible and the importance of each event in salvation history. Understanding the Scriptures: Semester Edition will provide an understanding of Sacred Scripture so critical to the Catholic Faith.
Published January 1st 2005 by Midwest Theological Forum

To ask other readers questions about Understanding the Scriptures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Understanding the Scriptures

Carlos
Jun 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
My junior year of high school religion text book. Written by Scott Hahn, the renowned Franciscan University professor, this book is a useful introduction to how Catholics read and interpret scripture. I didn't appreciate it when I read it back in high school, but now that I'm more devoted to defending my faith, I see what a great tool it really was/is.
Leigh
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great and thorough Bible study! It will take me a while to finish this book, but I am enjoying reading the Holy Bible from cover to cover right along with it (NAB version).
Shelby Walker
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book to begin to delve into scripture.
TheRose
Dec 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
This textbook is FANTASTIC!!! Undoubtedly, without question THE BEST textbook on the study of the Bible for high school students. I'm looking forward to using this with my daughter!
Berna
May 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Good introduction to the Bible for anyone just starting to read it.
Catherine Dyan
Jun 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith
Best reference I've seen for any Catholic who wants to wade through the Bible faithfully according to our Tradition.
Matt
Yvonne
Sep 12, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • By What Authority? An Evangelical Discovers Catholic Tradition
  • 'In the Beginning...' A Catholic Understanding of the Story of Creation and the Fall
  • Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic
  • Where We Got The Bible: Our Debt to the Catholic Church
  • Where is That in the Bible?
  • Vatican Council II: Constitutions, Decrees, Declarations (The Basic Sixteen Documents)
  • The Ignatius Bible: Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition
  • Letters to a Young Catholic
  • What Catholics Really Believe--Setting the Record Straight: 52 Answers to Common Misconceptions About the Catholic Faith
  • Life-Giving Love: Embracing God's Beautiful Design for Marriage
  • A Concise History of the Catholic Church
  • The American Catholic Almanac: A Daily Reader of Patriots, Saints, Rogues, and Ordinary People Who Changed the United States
  • The Gospel According to Peanuts
  • Compendium: Catechism of the Catholic Church
  • Liturgy of the Hours
  • The Way of Serenity: Finding Peace and Happiness in the Serenity Prayer
  • Memorize the Faith! (and Most Anything Else): Using the Methods of the Great Catholic Medieval Memory Masters
Dr. Scott Hahn was born in 1957, and has been married to Kimberly since 1979. He and Kimberly have six children and are expecting their twelfth grandchild. An exceptionally popular speaker and teacher, Dr. Hahn has delivered numerous talks nationally and internationally on a wide variety of topics related to Scripture and the Catholic faith. Hundreds of these talks have been produced on audio and ...more
More about Scott Hahn...

The Didache Complete Course (4 books)
  • Introduction To Catholicism: A Complete Course