Start by marking “Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)” as Want to Read:
Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)

Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)

3.73  ·  Rating details ·  899 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Published May 9th 2006 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Full-Time Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full-Time Father

Dinjolina
Jun 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
My oh my...the hero of this novel is one of those heroes that suffer from the saintly previous love illness. It is my least favorite type of 'the ex love' factor in a romantic story. But here? The hero overdid it for all the other heroes that were weepy when some lame woman they loved died. He was soooo against even thinking about other women,and somebody that could replace his dear dear dear Robin because he...brace yourselves... he kills the women he cares for. He killed Robin by pneumonia and ...more
Sierra
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was ok
This book was just okay for me. I found myself getting sick of the hero's constant self-loathing. I believe in taking responsibility for your actions but he took complete blame and responsibility for everything and everyone. I wanted to shake him and say 'Dude you are not the master of the universe so stop with the guilt fest'. There were some funny parts (Purple condoms anyone?). I was glad when I finished and was satisfied with the ending in general.
 Gigi Ann
This is the first time I've read a book by this author. It was not a favorite book for me. I found it very predictable, repetitive, and I just wanted to tell them to move on and get over the guilt and angst! I was hoping it would be a fun summer easy read, but, found it a bit boring, especially with all the repetition.
Amy
Sep 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I would give this 3.5 stars--it was really good but not quite amazing. I enjoyed the characters and the story was unique. I'm not rating it higher because I didn't fully understand Parker's misplaced sense of guilt/responsibility for Stacey and especially Robin's deaths. It seemed a little forced, which is unusual for Mallery's characters. I'm not sure how this connects to the other Hometown Heartbreakers books; it seemed more like a standalone novel to me, but I enjoyed Christie and watching ho ...more
Suze
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
FULL-TIME FATHER

The plot was fine, the characters were likeable- but this story dragged on and on. I usually enjoy this author, but not so much with this book.
Zel Polev
Jan 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Fiona Marsden
Not sure why I picked this one up to read. I enjoyed Susan Mallery's Sheikh's but not so keen on her current small town romances.

This particular scenario is one I usually avoid due to ick factor. Hero sleeps with heroine's sister and she gets pregnant and later dies. Heroine is bringing up baby and finding out Parker is the father, Erin takes four year old Christie to meet him. This is a surprisingly common trope so presumably I'm in the minority about disliking the scenario.

The story itself is
Angie
Oct 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Synopsis: "Part of bestselling Hometown Heartbreakers miniseries! When tragedy strikes, Erin Ridgeway and her orphaned niece work together with the child's father to make a family of their own."

My Review: While it says that this is part of a series, I don't think you have to read them in order. This is the first book I have read and I didn't feel lost at all. I listened to the audio version of the book and the narrator did a good job, though I found the little girl voice she used to be a little
VLynch
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this book, it was sweet with a bit of humor to keep things flowing without being sticky sweet. However, this is most definitely a woman's fantasy book. Parker is "female" version of the perfect man. Always sweet, always understanding, smelling wonderful, and feeling guilty for things out of his control (isn't that a female trait?). I bet this man never farts or burps, or gets grumpy. :) Cute story because of the female characters in this book. Christie and Kiki were my favorite, but Pa ...more
Toni Wulfekuhl
Sep 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Erin raises her niece as her own when her twin sister dies from complications of child birth. After 4 yrs she discovers the name of the child's father in her sister's diary. She seeks him out so the child can have a relationship with her father.

Parker is a wealthy computer geek who has relationship issues after his wife died 5 yrs ago and has kept to himself in his huge house on the ocean since.

Good book. Kind, caring, considerate characters. (Not today's "normal" reactions to these type of circ
Carole
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Lots of humor, but lots of drama too as two people try to grapple with learning what a family really is. One learning how to be a parent overnight when he finds out he has a 9 years old daughter and a woman (the aunt in this case) how to share a precious and precocious child with her biological father. Ms Mallery is great a putting humor into situations that are sometimes not so funny, but does it with a wonderful sense of what is right and good. Always enjoy her books.
Teon
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy ever after.

I so enjoyed this lovely story. Isn't a lovely mansion on a cliff above the Pacific Ocean a wonderful place to fall in. I enjoyed the simple, positive story which is a contrast to all the political drama and murders going on in the news. It was nice to drift in the HEA.
Donna
Mar 07, 2011 rated it liked it
This is the 5th book of this series and I liked it, but I have yet to figure out why it belongs in this series. I don't see any connection to the Haynes, Reynolds, or Harmons! I enjoyed the book, but it kind of felt like the same story, just re-written with different players...The hero with misplaced guilt and the heroine who is afraid to risk falling in love and, of course, your basic HEA!!!
Brittney Musick
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
While this certainly wasn't my favorite book by Susan Mallery, I still thought it was an easy read. It didn't seem to grab me the way some of her others books have, but it was still good.

However, I've only read one other book of the Hometown Heartbreakers, so maybe I missed something, but I'm not entirely sure how this book fit into the series.
Amber
Okay, so the hero was a COMPLETE dumbass and the heroine was a scaredy cat. But I still liked the story a lot. Though the child seemed way too precocious in the epilogue. Still, it was a good story and put me in a better mood (which I needed) so recommend.
Emily Higgins
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Erin is raising her sister's daughter after her sister's death. She finds the name of the little girl's father in her sister's diary. Erin locates Parker Hamilton and introduces father and daughter. Cute story.
Crystal
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
heartwarming and a joy to read...man lost his wife, had a one night stand, years later he meets the woman's sister and his daughter...oh yeah sister died in childbirth and he has to come to terms with things he's been refusing to acknowledge.....love is sweeter when you finally meet the right twin
Jacqueline
Decent story. Another man who can't get over his wife's death. Nothing really stands out as wonderfully memorable but a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. The little girl seemed a bit too advanced for her age.
Megan
Mar 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: harlequin
Too long and boring :(
Deb
Sep 20, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books, library-book
An older work from a different style of romance novels. It was ok.
Elliebit
Sep 03, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2014
This was contemporary romance? With a relatable heroine? Uh.
Let me check.
NOPE.

So disappointed.
Rochelle
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, read-2013
Typical 90's Mallery Fare.
Alisha
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: susan-challenge
Loved the little girl, she was too funny
Jane  Taylor.         Carolyn Chaput
Great reading

Susan Mallory is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. we all love a good love story. did they really live happily ever after.
Leigh
Aug 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Easy. Fun.
Mum
Dec 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, beach-read
A simple story of good people who have lost much to the whims of fate. Overcoming their personal flaws to succeed is refreshing.
Maria
Nov 10, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Very slow. It was difficult to pick up and continue reading. Repetitive and not much happening in the plot.
Dee
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
this is a little better than a typical romance novel but still it is much too light for my taste.
Judy
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet book about loss and finding love. Another great story by Susan Mallery.
  • Wedding His Takeover Target (Dynasties: The Jarrods #5)
  • Taming Her Billionaire Boss (Dynasties: The Jarrods #4)
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • Big Sky Standoff
  • Expecting the Rancher's Heir (Dynasties: The Jarrods #3)
  • Summer Brides (includes Fool's Gold, #2.5)
  • Colby Core (Colby Agency, #42)
  • The Prince's Virgin Wife (Royal Brides, #3; Scorsolini Princes, #1)
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • The Unforgiving Bride (Hawk's Way #6)
  • Falling for His Proper Mistress (Dynasties: The Jarrods #2)
  • His Second-Chance Family (The Women of Brambleberry House, #2)
  • Catch of the Day (Misty Harbor, #1)
  • Baby Benefits (Messina Brothers, #2)
  • Tempestuous / The Restless Heart
  • Familiar Stranger (A Year Of Loving Dangerously, #12)
  • Second Chances
  • Montana Mavericks Weddings (Montana Mavericks: Return To Whitehorn #4.5)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Hometown Heartbreakers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers #1)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Part-Time Wife (Hometown Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Good Husband Material (Hometown Heartbreakers, #8)
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • One in a Million (Hometown Heartbreakers, #10)
  • Quinn's Woman (Hometown Heartbreakers, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Rose Garden
    $16.99 $2.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)