Start by marking “Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)” as Want to Read:
Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)

Goal Lines & First Times

(CU Hockey #3)

COHEN

It turns out making out with my best friend in high school could be considered gay. Who knew? Apparently, everyone but me.

Now that it’s been pointed out, I can’t help reliving it in my head. Repeatedly. Goodbye Denial Town, hello Confusionville.

When my path leads me down the gay dating app route, I don’t expect to meet anyone I like, but then I meet him.

He can’t be mo
Published February 10th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Goal Lines & First Times, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goal Lines & First Times

Start your review of Goal Lines & First Times (CU Hockey #3)
☆ Todd
Jan 29, 2021 rated it really liked it

This story felt like the slowest of suuuuuuper-slow burns that I'd ever read from Eden or Saxon, but not in a bad way at all.

Previously straight, and possibly asexual or demisexual, Seth got a bit of a wake-up call when his most recent girlfriend broke up with him, calling him on his supposed attraction to the guy who played The Witcher and opening his eyes to a possible change in future dating endeavors.

And jock-boy Cohen, aka "Richie", had also recently began to question his own strict hetero
Snjez
Feb 18, 2021 marked it as dnf
dnf @ 58%

I've tried, but I'm not invested in this story at all.

I like Cohen, he's sweet, but it really bothers me that (view spoiler) I don't think I like Seth that much and the way their relationship develops doesn't work for me, either.

The story itself is nothing special. It just feels bland and it's not what I expected.
Wendy
Ever since I started this series, I have wanted Seth's story. I fell in love with him in book 1, which was his twin Foster's book. I felt so bad for him losing his best friend to his twin brother, that I just wanted him to find the love of his life right that second!!

I have loved all the books in this series, but Seth has been my favorite from the start and I just needed him to find his happiness. And to be honest... I even wanted him to find more and better than his brother. Yes, I am mean I k
Florence .
Feb 18, 2021 rated it it was ok

I am very disapointed I didn’t enjoy this one. I loved the first two books in the series and I was so damn excited for this book but I ended up only enjoying three things about it. I really enjoyed when they were talking online, that was really fun. I loved how Seth being demisexual was portrayed, it was really well done. And I loved Ritchie, he was the sweetest, I just wanted to give him a big hug.

Quick summary: Seth gets broken up with and his girlfriend tells him that he should exp
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

The first 40 percent of this book consists of Seth and Cohen texting each other and exploring their sexuality virtually. Not gonna lie. This bored me to death.

Just when I was ready to throw in the towel, the MCs come clean. Well, Seth figures out Cohen is his Richie and then confesses that he's Einstein.

After that, it's all sugar and spice and everything nice. Because Seth already feels a connection with Cohen, he's ready to get down and dirty, which is not his usual MO, as he's demisexua
Leslie
DNF. Time of death: 60% ish.

I present to you part two of today’s edition of, “Life is too short to force yourself to keep reading books you aren’t clicking with.”

I’m hoping this isn’t the beginning of a DNF streak. Or is two books already a streak? 🤔

The first two books in this series were wins for me, especially book two. In fact, I think I’ll reread book two soon. And I’ll read the next one with no hesitation. But this one wasn’t for me.

The first 40% or so was quite enjoyable. While I had to
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Cohen and Seth were amazing! I can't even pick who was my favorite from this book because I fell in love with both of them so easily. They were both so adorably confused and I thought it was amazing that we got to read their journey to figuring out who they were and what made them happy. Especially when they were trying to figure things out together. I absolutely loved their banter and could read their messages all day without getting bored.

The story was so cute a
Shannon
Dec 09, 2020 rated it it was ok
Underwhelming after my love for the second book, I mean I read Jacobs and Becks book like 3 times already so I think I was hyping this one up a little too much.

It was cute but I think these two had the least chemistry than the past two couples in my opinion. But the ace/demi rep was great and made me real happy I love seeing it in more and more books because we need more representation.
Cadiva
Jan 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!

I absolutely adored this one, it wasn't at all what I was expecting and I was captivated from the start with Seth's struggles and Ritchie's determination to do the best he could for him.

This one's a bit more angsty but it's not misplaced, Seth is coming to terms with the fact he's not only probably demisexual but that he's losing the closeness of his friendship with Zach now he's settled with Foster.

Seth's also still harbouring resentment towards his twin, who he thinks has everyth
Papie
Feb 11, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! This was so cute.

I loved the first half of the book. The online messaging, the fun banter, the initial getting together! The sex! 🥰🔥

It was awesome and made me smile and wish I could skip work and just read all day. I thought it was going to be a 5 star read.

But then, much like the other books in this series, I was like “so what now?”. They’re cute and sweet. They’re together. They’re happy. Let’s move on. Next?

Yeah it dragged. I love seeing MCs coming out to their families, interact
coriolis
Dec 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: open-companions
4.5!!!!!!

AYYYYYYYY this was so good!! But I feel the same way about this that I felt about Face Offs & Cheap Shots. It was really good, but it just went on a little too much after they got together. I care a lot less after the couple is actually together if they're happy and there's no angst. This had a tiny tiny bit of angst, but not much. I said this about the last book, that companion stories are great because in the next books you can see your couple together and happy.

Like seeing Jacobs an
.Lili.
LOVE Goal Lines & First Times by Eden Finley and Saxon James.

-Demi
-Bisexual
-Friends to lovers
-Slow burnish
-Chemistry
-Steamy
-Sports Romance
-College-age
-Feel-good vibe
-CYBER LOVE FTW!! Seth & Cohen start anonymously messaging each other through a dating app, and it was so damn funny and sweet, not to mention NSFW messages!

It had it all.

What an excellent addition to an outstanding series!

Highly recommend it!

4.5 Stars
haletostilinski
I absolutely adored this third installment in the series about Richard "Richie" Cohen from the previous book, who was the one who was surprised to learn that not all straight dudes just make out with their male friends at some point, and Seth Grant, Foster's twin brother.

Seth doesn't think he's as straight as he thought he was, but that he's more demisexual, and when his ex-girlfriend suggests he tries meeting someone online so they can talk first and really get to know each other before somethi
Rosabel
Feb 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Welp, this was not what I imagined, but it was decent enough. 🤓❤

Before Richie and Seth met each other face to face I was enjoying the story, the anticipation that they can be in the same place without knowing, the buildup to their meeting and most of all the fact that they were two guys trying to explore and discover their sexuality, who found in each other a safe place to be was sweet and totally couple goals.

Then they meet and wow what a disappointment, so anticlimatic! I wanted to feel somet
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I liked some of the cyber messaging. But the first half was a bit slow. I liked it more once they figured out who each other were.

As a whole I didn't love Seth's character. Cohen's was better.

It wasn't bad but not my favorite of the series. Still an overall enjoyable series that I will continue reading.

Really hoping Asher gets a book, I found his character intriguing and want to know what his story is.
ellie
Feb 11, 2021 rated it liked it
this book was... lacklustre for me. and im pretty disappointed since not only has this series been amazing so far, Eden Finley’s books always hit the mark for me.

the first 50% was probably a five star read for me. i thought the whole ‘we know each other online and in person but don’t know we know each other’ was done so well. and it was pretty funny watching Cohen and Seth interact without knowing how obsessed they were with each other online. i liked the slow burn pace in the first half which
Jacqueleen  ♡
Every time I read a new book in this series I can't decide which one is my favorite. It doesn't help that we get plenty of page time with previous couples Foster and Zach and Beck and Jacobs to remind me how much I loved their stories. Funnily enough Beck is one of the first to figure out there is something going on between Cohen and Seth and proceeds to help them by drawing attention away from them in the most ridiculous of ways.

[After Foster asks Beck if he's okay because his face is pure sho
Heavenly Rose
I loved this book more than I did the previous one. I found it easy to connect with Cohen and Seth because both of them were down to earth, real, and so damn lovable characters. Their chemistry was unforced and palpable, and they're just so freaking adorable together. I especially loved the dialogue and smiled and laughed through most of it, and I loved their cute banter. A cute and angst free book with a dose of delicious sexiness and possessiveness, just what my heart needed.
CottonCherry
My favorite so far.

Maybe because i really am a sucker for slow burns and demi characters, maybe because Seth and Cohen are so damn sweet together.

What a cute, delightful read. I just couldn't stop smiling.
Grace
Finally a book in this series that I actually finished and enjoyed! 3.5 rounded up.

Out of the three summaries, this definitely sounded the most up my alley and one of the few things I enjoyed about what I read from book 2 was Cohen, so I was tentatively optimistic! Funnily enough, one of the few characters I actually liked in book 1 was Seth who I thought, and continue to think, isn't fully appreciated by his brother/best friend. I liked that Seth took some responsibility for his feelings of jea
June
Feb 10, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I'm pretty disappointed, to be honest. I'll try not to give out too many spoilers because I think this is me, not the book, and everyone should figure out for themselves whether it works for them or not.

So. Cohen and Seth meet on an app, after they both figure out something about their sexuality. Cohen figures out he might be bi, Seith figures out he might be demi (and attracted to men). Seth insists that they should take the time to form an emotional connection before meeting, and Cohen is okay
Emily T
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Be still my heart!

The love I have for all the characters Eden and Saxon have created is unmatched! Cohen and Seth absolutely stole my heart! These sweet, sweet, sweet men on the journey to finding out who they are and discovering each other is beautiful! You feel the love, feel the confusion, and just love on these two HARD. Their connection and their energy jumps off the page. It keeps you turning the page because you don’t want to miss a second of their story. So, so, so much love for these t
Athira
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
Absolutely adored Seth and Richie!! I love books where they meet online anonymously and fall for each other but also know each other in real life and this one was perfect.

I love how they both grew into their best version throughout the whole book and were determined to make the relationship work.

Richie is the absolute best!! He is so caring, understanding, adorable and funny while Seth is a bit insecure and fears being needy but still so damn cute. My favourite part is how Seth doesn't make hi
Amanda
I loved absolutely EVERYTHING about this book. It was one of those books that made me want to call in sick to work to be able to keep reading. It just made me so happy the entire time, and I loved Cohen and Seth so much. It does take a while for them to actually get together, but honestly, it wasn’t annoying and it worked so well with how the two of them are I think any other way would’ve been ridiculous. And their chat conversations were so amazing that I didn’t miss them being in the same phys ...more
Laura Maurix
Jan 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm one of those incredibly lucky people who got to read the book early on, and man oh man what a book. WOW. I loved Foster and Zach, I loved Jacobs and Beck even more because I just fell in love with this world and now we get Cohen and Seth! I didn't totally see this match before reading, but I had faith in Eden and Saxon for choosing these guys, and yes, they did so well. I was already a big fan of Cohen in previous books and this one made me only fall harder. He's like a puppy dog, loyal, cut ...more
Kelsie ♡
Feb 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

I’m not sure if this surpassed my love for book 2(hate sex is hardly topped), but if not, it was suuuppeerr close. I adored goofy Cohen and slightly neurotic Seth. Watching their connection bloom through text was adorable. I’m a firm believer in the ability to create a deep connection online so I really enjoyed that aspect, and I’d say the “we don’t know we’re talking to each other” phase went on just long enough to add some UST. (that sexting scene *phew*)

They had a great back and for
Samantha
Jan 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! guys this book will have you crying with laughter and sitting on the end he of your seat wondering who will realise first.

In this one we meet Richie Cohen and Seth Grant yes you read that right fosters twin brother has a story of his own. I loved him in fosters book and now we get to see him come into his own.

This story follows two people as they come to terms with their sexuality and try to find the label that suits them that they are comfortable with.

I have two scenes in this book th
Maite
Feb 20, 2021 added it
Shelves: 2021-dnf
I can’t believe I DNFed a book in these series!!! I looooved the first two books. LOVED. but this third one wasn’t it.

I never felt the chemistry, and when they saw each other, everything happened waaaay too fast.

I was also a bit let down by the writing in some parts.

SAD!!!
Donna
Feb 19, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf
Dnf @ 44%. I’m not feeling any connection and I’m tired of Cohen calling himself dumb.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: CU Hockey #3
Rating: 5 stars - loved it!

In the last book we saw college hockey player Richard Cohen realize that his teenage make-out sessions with his male best friend weren't exactly “typical” for straight guys. So Cohen decides to use a dating app to try flirting with men anonymously to figure out his sexuality. Also trying to figure himself out is Seth Grant who has struggled with sexual attraction his whole life and is beginning to suspect he might be demisexual. A dating apps seems

• Home Plate (Easton U Pirates, #2)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • The Faker Rulebook
  • By the Numbers (Love Logic, #3)
  • Fake Friends (Never Just Friends, #2)
  • Schooling the Jock
  • Bat Boy (Easton U Pirates #1)
  • Winter Waites (Aster Valley #0.5)
  • Roommate
  • Clean Slate (The Good Life, #1)
  • Out in Winter (Out in College #8)
  • Change of Course (Change of Hearts #3)
  • Butterfly (Portland Seabirds #2)
  • On the Run (Whispering Key #2)
  • Flakes (Licking Thicket, #0.5)
  • Ranger
  • Stars Collide (Written in the Stars, #1)
  • Merry Measure
Eden Finley is an Amazon bestselling author who writes steamy contemporary romances that are mostly full of snark and light-hearted fluff.

She lives to create an escape from real life for herself and her readers.

She's also an Australian girl and apologises for her Australianisms that sometimes don't make sense to anyone else.

CU Hockey (3 books)
  • Power Plays & Straight A's (CU Hockey, #1)
  • Face Offs & Cheap Shots (CU Hockey #2)

News & Interviews

“I’ve figured out I’m about as attracted to dicks as I am to pussy … not very much at all.” 0 likes
“I think I definitely am asexual, but to what degree, I’m not sure. There’s gray ace, biromantic, aromantic, and the one I think I could be which is demisexual.” 0 likes