Start by marking “First Addition (Hemlock Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
First Addition (Hemlock Academy, #1)

First Addition

(Hemlock Academy #1)

I was so close to getting everything I wanted, an internship with my Uncle, an officer with the special-ops team.

If it weren't for a stupid boy that had to go and make me angry, causing me to turn a certain part of his anatomy purple and sparkly, I wouldn't have accidentally revealed to my family what I really was. What I had been hiding.

Now, my father is making me attend
Published December 18th 2020 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about First Addition, please sign up.

Start your review of First Addition (Hemlock Academy, #1)
Keziah Jun
Mar 22, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE BOOK.

I don’t know how the actual fuck people could recommend First Addition. Aside from every fucking cliché possible being included and the lack of character development, the FMC sexually assaults people for fun.

She is a bodysmith (weird ass name for a succubus). Anyways, she goes in a date to the movies with some guy and shows him how she uses her powers for fun. She targets a group of three people a girl, her brother, and a male friend and makes the two
Princess J. Antoinette
This is a first!

Lol, I found this book by chance and since I don't believe in coincidences since I've been searching for a good book series! It was meant for me to find this good book treasure.

When, I tell ya this heroine had me laughing out loud with her shenanigans I just knew I was going to fall in love with this storyline and book series. My only complaint is I hope we get more characters development with our heroes. I like to know about them especially the Professor. Now, when it comes to t
a
Mar 12, 2021 rated it liked it
2,5 stars

I really wanted to like this book but.... the characters were just so meh, so 2D (and I can barely describe them). Everything was about her... and not in anyway significant for something other that "oh she is hot. I got have her. Oh we are married forever ? Doesnt matter I love you even though we have gone 1 date together!".
And world-building? Whodat?
Seriously, I would say this book is way too focused on the relationships but guess what?... There was no relationship, you know the ones
Avona Lucas
Jun 11, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: weres, young, fantasy
I finished it and was not impressed. First of all there was just too many scenarios where the female lead was using her powers to take other’s free will. She would influence them to do things they would never do like kiss the same sex when she knows they are straight. On top of that she was just always trying to be good. Trying too hard to be understanding of those who are on the same boat as her. She was constantly taking the blame for bonding with her mates and constantly need reassurance. And ...more
Michelle Hillstrom
Jan 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Unique and interesting twist on fantasy reverse harem and mates.
Enjoyable story that kept me interested enough to read in one day.
However the formatting is weird and makes it difficult to read due to strange paragraph breaks. It’s seems like almost every sentence is it’s own paragraph. There’s practically no dialogue tags which makes it difficult to know who is talking when there are so many characters involved. Could use another round of editing.
Overall a positive read and I look forward to the
Sh [hiatus]
May 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I usually don’t rate books I dnf, but this one was straight up terrible
Shelby E.
It would have gotten a better rating if it weren’t for the many errors and typos within this book.

Word that were capitalized that shouldn’t have been capitalized.
Words that weren’t capitalized that should have been.
Misspelled words.
Misspelled names.
And punctuation errors.

This book should have been better edited.

It was a neat idea, characters were interesting but not much of a plot. I think it will be in the second book...? It also jumped around a bit, the book wasn’t really smooth about t
Victoria Roy
Mar 08, 2021 rated it did not like it
Not for me

If you like your heroines to be perfect in every way and have every guy swoon over her and have everything handed to her in life this book is for you. The worst part is that the fmc is kind of self centered too. I just can't connect or care about her.
Has some issues with editing. Words were missing here and there. Characters also acted like high schoolers much of the time.
Daisy Delfin
Sep 25, 2021 rated it really liked it

Pages: 267
My rating: 3.5

I was highly entertained by this book. The FMC is strong, has her own mind and opinions and is not shy about her body, liking men, being a bodysmith and other things. But she did not want to be a conduit because conduits are often married of because of political reasons or their power and she wants men around her, who she loves and who love her too. She is in trouble because bodysmiths are not known for committed relationships but she want to have those.

This is book is ab
Rhema P __(:з」∠)__
description

This was bad. This was really bad (for me)

I actually really thought I’d like this. I liked that some of the boys (just 2 of them) weren’t initially portrayed as the quintessential “bad boy types”. They weren’t described as dropping from heaven; One seemed goofy, that was nice! And I resonated so hard with Gabriel’s “no one should have 6 husbands” (I’d double line that if I could), because more is not merrier, it’s just bloody weird & a nightmare.

But then the story just nose-dived into the
Emily
Mar 23, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 🌟

Overall I enjoyed the story and will continue on with the series. The first 1/3 of the book was a little rough with the dialogue and structure. I do wish the author would have shared more about the world in the beginning. Still feel like I know next to nothing about everything lol.
Andréa
Ridiculously good

Really good start to the series. I like Gabriella. She’s my type of FMC : strong, independent, funny but still able to show vulnerability to those who matter to her.

I enjoyed hearing all the different POVs. It gave me an idea of which guy might join the circuit though some were unexpected.

I thought it would feel rushed but it was okay. The fact Gabby was freaking out over it all made it more believable to me. Now I just need to know more about the big, bad villain who was not
Chrissy
Loved These Characters

I’d probably give this book 4.5 ⭐️ if I could.

I overdosed on academy reverse harem books when they first became ‘A Thing’. I don’t read many at all now. I think the only series I’m currently reading is Artemis University and that’s because I’m so invested in the characters I can’t stop. I don’t know why I decided to give this one a chance, but I’m so glad I did.

One of the things I normally hate about Academy books is that they have the usual high school drama of bullying no
Siri
Mar 23, 2021 rated it liked it
Heather Gilbert
Feb 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Academy .... and not.

This book is one of those that assumes you know what is going on, but fills you in on the details anyway - painfully, and slowly as the pages stack. It’s fast, hot as heck and a touch tropey. We have our typical mean girls, redundant jocks, jealous fools and mates that appear to be the cream of the crop. A bit usual, that, but it’s still woven in an enticing way that makes you want to read more.

FMMMMMMMM (?) first person, multiple POV, cliffhanger ending, PNR Medium burn R
Amber
Feb 24, 2021 rated it did not like it
Life isn’t that accepting

Right so, let’s point out a few good things. There was a real promise of a story. Girl has powers, wants to hide them, forced to go to school- all of that mad it interesting. Hell, it was good, until all of a sudden it became stupid.

People are not that accepting. Everyone pats her on the head and says “we get it, it’s part of who you are.” I couldn’t read anymore of it. There was no angst or anything she had against her. Everything was lined up so perfectly it made me si
Nadia
Jan 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rh
This book hit the right spot for me, it had all the things I really enjoy in a RH book. A girl that is "special", fated mates, jealous people, and not finding/bonding to all of her mates right away. This book definitely needs an editor though. ...more
Angelique
Aug 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oh my

Seriously.

So it ends with a cliffy. No big. Who needs to sleep?

Seriously though this book is well written with a great story line, really great characters with a nice amount of character development and the love interests between the FMC and her men developing at a satisfying pace. Even if some of it happens rather insta-love like it makes a lot of sense in the story line.

I love how she knows her own self and is aware of her flaws and isn't scared of being proud of her strengths.
Liz
Mar 15, 2021 added it
Shelves: menage-rh
So I made it to 79% and I’m getting more frustration out of it that actual enjoyment. I personally don’t like the angst of not know whether someone is going to be faithful and accepting of the heroine. There’s so many guys in play, I shouldn’t be surprised there’s so much drama, but I know my limits. I’d actually recommend this to people who are not overly sensitive readers and like rh.
Alisha Williams
Apr 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
awesome first book

I really like this story so far. I'm excited to see where it goes and who else joins Gabbys harem.

I love Gabby. She's exactly who she wants go be and tries not to let others bring her down.
Katie
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So good!!!

This book made me stay up way too late reading. But it was totally worth it and I loved it so much!!
Noemi
This book has a 3-star review for me. The plot was really good and it made me laugh quite a bit, but the writing didn't hook me up completely. There were quite a bit of mistakes, and many times the characters were just rambling or you couldn't tell who was speaking.

Gabbi's secret of being a conduit is discovered boy her father, and now she has to attend Hemlock Academy to find the 6 men who will become their mate. While the conduits are held in high esteems, Gabbi doesn't want to show off her s
Val Cohen
Jan 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
An interesting Foundation

Gabriella knows exactly what she wants. Interning with her Uncle at the Special Ops. She has to prove that she more than her sexual powers can do.

The mystery of this world is intricately woven and leaves us wondering what are the real answers. What are the real purpose behind conduits? Why does Gabby have so many conduit marks? Who are the monsters hiding under the proverbial bed?

Once Headmaster Alder - Gabby's dad - finds out about her marks, he enrolls her at his acad
 Elektra | My Trending Books
😍😍❤️❤️❤️👌👌👌🙃🙃🙃😏😏😏

Holy shiet this book was bloody epic! I was trying to guess her guys Jesus I only got 2 so far😂 I really like grey but nothing yet! Anyway I should say that this book is on the slow burn but the story unfolds so nicely that it's just perfect! I am so mad though that's not finished series! It doesn't finish so much on a cliffhanger but definitely you would want to know what happens next!
Melissa Landry
Irene Kiew
Oct 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars, rounded up.

This series reminded me a lot of Their Vampire Queen by Joely Sue Burkhart. It has the same vibe: a very special FMC who needs to gather her harem together in order to increase her powers for the task her goddess has set for her to do; a harem of men who are fated to her and instantly drawn to her, who think that she is amazing and wonderful and beautiful.

But I felt the development was better in Their Vampire Queen. For one thing, the men were more defined and distinctly d
Claire Letnic
I’ve been listening to loads of supernatural RH’s lately but this one stands out of the pack. It’s hard to put my finger on it, but Kelsey has quite a gift of storytelling! This is my first book of hers I’ve read (ok… listened to), but it’ll certainly not be the last.

The narrator did such a superb job of distinguishing between the characters, which with one narrator, is quite the feat! The plot is finessed with expertise… it’s fast paced (without the bore of chapters of inner monologue… yay!!),
Kimberly #Audiofile
Jan 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a series
Medium burn mix of mates, and Insta attraction.

Fmc is a one and only character troupe/Never been someone like her before. She’s pretty much a cross between a succubus and mage.

She’s got so many mates to find 6 plus 2 (won’t say more than that)

In this book we meet. . . .
Foster - shapeshifter
Dar - male mage
Balfour - I’m not 100% sure but has a photographic memory and is a major bookworm.
Palmer

3 seem to be cemented. 2 are 1
Julie Vandemark
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A new fan of Kelsey after reading this ❤

This story got me out of my reading rut I was in, which happens easily with the way life has been this past year. I'm so happy to have found this gem. First Addition is a great story with an MC that seems realistic to me, and the men throughout are her rocks, even if she may not NEED them. What gets me into a book is the writing first and foremost, and Kelsey writes with the best of them. Definitely worthy of buying this baby in paperback 😊❤
SJ
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a series

What a great start to a series. I found this on my kindle recommendations and decided to give it a go. It captured me from the start abs I am intrigued to see where it goes. A sassy fiesty heroine and plenty of sexy men. A horrible mean girl and a fabulous storyline, diving straight in to book two
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Cricket (Cricket Kendall, #1)
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • A Fate Unknown (The Ghost Girl, #1)
  • Wildflower (Cricket Kendall, #2)
  • Faked (Besties & Booze, #1)
  • Crash & Burn (Burnout #3)
  • Forsaken Dream (Forsaken Destiny, #1)
  • 7th Circle (Hades, #1)
  • Lost (Silver Falls University, #1; Kingdom of Wolves #2)
  • Destined to Hide (A Shifting Society, #1)
  • The Rowan (The Killian Blade, #1)
  • The Evelyn Maynard Trilogy
  • Erratic (Arcane Mage, #3)
  • Exes (Supernaturalette, #5)
  • Power and Pentad: Part One (Shadows and Shade, #5)
  • Ricochet
  • Savage Vandal (82 Street Vandals, #1)
  • Blood Taken (Blood Mafia, #2)
See top shelves…
Kelsey Soliz is a homeschooling mama of four and army wife, and when she's not drinking copious amounts of tea or playing bassoon, she is dreaming up all kinds of romance story scapes or reading them like a maniac. ...more

Hemlock Academy (4 books)
  • Second Glances (Hemlock Academy, #2)
  • Three to Find (Hemlock Academy, #3)
  • Four Trials (Hemlock Academy, #4)

News & Interviews

Mateo Askaripour is a Brooklyn-based writer whose first novel, Black Buck—which Colson Whitehead calls a “mesmerizing novel, executing a...