Start by marking “Love Under Quarantine” as Want to Read:
Love Under Quarantine

Love Under Quarantine

While the world is ravaged by a global pandemic, hotshot NFL running back Evan Sparks is locked in his own personal hell. With a career-ending scandal on his back, Evan hides out in his best friend’s empty San Francisco home, the full city shutdown locking him in a lonely twenty-story apartment in the sky.

Romance writer Sadie Walsh is having the worst case of writer’s bloc
Published May 5th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Love Under Quarantine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Under Quarantine

Start your review of Love Under Quarantine
Christy
May 02, 2020 rated it liked it

photo IMG_6557_zpscmp1p4ct.png
In that moment, I realize I’m falling for this woman, and I’ve never laid my hands on her.

Love Under Quarantine is a stand-alone romance co-written by Kylie Scott and Audrey Carlan. I love Kylie’s writing, but this is the first book I’ve read by Carlan.

Love Under Quarantine starts with Evan staying at his friend Jake’s apartment for a while due to some bad press. What Evan doesn’t expect is to get stuck in this apartment during a quarantine. Lucky for him, Jake has a
Isabella. R
May 05, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Love in a Hopeless Place Stars ⭐

Hmm this wasn't what I hoped for. Love Under Quarantine was supposed to be the 'sunshine after the rain' scenario but it really fell flat for me. Two strangers brought together during the Covid 19 lockdown and a happily ever after. And don't get me wrong we got there in the end, but what a monotonous journey...

While hiding out in San Francisco in his best friends apartment, disgraced NFL player Evan Sparks is on the lowdown. In the midst of a drug scandal, tryin
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Whoopee - the first Corona-Romance is here!

Evan is a football star who finds himself - through almost no fault of his own - in the middle of a sex and drug scandal. That's why he's hiding in his buddy's apartment in San Francisco. Perfect day for the governor to start the Quarantine order. Great. Now he has to cat sit this devil feline and watch his new neighbor doing sexy yoga on her balcony with no way to escape.

Sadie - the yogi - is having a bit of a writer's block. Which is not good for a ro
 Nayeli ღ
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2021-reads
Mrinmayi
Sep 17, 2020 marked it as dont-read-it-will-mess-with-ur-mind
Update 2
Ok, soo one of my friends reminded me of Pani Puri...Looking at you Fellow Pani Puri lover 👀so now I am hungry for Pani Puri as well *sigh*
Do you wanna hear a forbidden love story??!! Or my "STAR CROSSED" lovers story??!!
here's mine...
Biryani was love at first sight for me BUT now our romance is FROBIDDEN because of Lockdown*DRAMATIC GASPS*

[image error]

Don't think that I was not tempted to order from Zomato or Swiggy
BUT don't wanna risk my life*sigh*
Honestly, my love story with Biryani
Dilek VT
May 05, 2020 marked it as undecided
Another quarantine romance?

Well, after the boring-as-hell quarantine romance I read last week (Day One), I am not sure if I want to go through another "stay-away-from-each-other" romance. It really sucks.

I love Kylie Scott's writing but I don't know anything about the other writer. For now, I will just be waiting for more reviews...
Tianna✸loves books✸
Blah...
See it’s not a bad book at all.
Given the circumstances we are in right now, the book is perfect.
Love in quarantine.

H is a sports star, who is going through a drug controversy. He is stuck in his friend’s apartment. And the city has gone lockdown due to coronavirus. The h lives next door. She is a writer going through a block.
(view spoiler)

The writing is simple. (
Syndi
Aug 31, 2020 rated it liked it
When I caught a first glance of this book during the beginning of pandemic, I was very intrigue. Especially, this book is published shortly after the self isolation happened in USA. I am familiar with Miss Scott works before. I was hoping a fun sexy banter.

I think maybe because this book was conceived in such short notice, the chemistry between the characters are off. The relationship is wrapped ship into insta lust/ love right away. I was so confused at first. But I charged forward believing i
Apoorva
The update that tells it all (among other things):

The update
SheLove2Read
May 09, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2020
I do not have the words to express how lame this was. An epic eye roller.
Christy
Jun 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly... the only reason I wanted to read this book was because of the title. How perfect for all of our lives right now. I expected it to be silly, but I was pleasantly surprised!!

Evan and Sadie are great characters. He's this super athletic NFL Football player who finds his life in complete disarray from a drug related scandal. Because of the quarantine, he's hiding out at his friend's apartment until it's over since he is out of the country. It's a little extreme... I'm assuming he could
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„What we have is more real than anything I’ve ever had in my life.”

In times when tomorrow is uncertain and isolation is taking its toll, Kylie Scott and Audrey Carlan are bringing a story filled with love and hope to the brim. Love Under Quarantine is a book that cheers up and brings joy. It's like a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. Evan and Sadie’s story is full of sexual tension, pent-up lust and all the feels and it’s everything I needed these days!

I loved how the world situation brought
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4 Stars / 3.5 Steam Fans

Video review available in Week 29: Jul 12 – Jul 18 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Mojo_Mama
May 09, 2020 marked it as pass-not-my-thing
I just think this is in relatively poor taste. Sorry. I get it’s a “new” trope. But maybe it shouldn’t have occurred to anyone to write a romance about a current actual virus killing people.

My S-i-L is a CVICU travel nurse. We live in NOLA and she decided to take a contract here due to COVID and help our overwhelmed hospitals. Her experiences are fucking terrifying.

You may think this is some stupid inconvenience...and if you do, my guess is you’re not having a frontline view of what this shit i
Darlene I read WAY to many books
3.5 ⭐

With whats going on in the world i was 50/50 on reading this. Because well times are dark and well idk how darkish or angst this read shall be but it was pretty good i enjoyed it so much!!

Evan poor guy is being set up he's having a tough time with his football career and a huge scandal that has him hiding out in his best friends apartment during this lockdown, upset, angry and frustrated he gets a glimps of his next door balcony neighbor but he has more important things to worry about. Unt
Kelly
With the real-life events going on, parts of this book hit a little close to home (literally, in my case, since I live in the Bay Area and am familiar with San Francisco). Deserted streets and seeing a whole lot of the same four walls of your house... yeah. Close to home.

But it worked for me. Because Evan and Sadie found a way to make it work despite all the roadblocks (or balcony walls) thrown in their way. The fact they each had their own things outside of the pandemic to deal with (Sadie's wr
Lynsey A
May 07, 2020 marked it as did-not-finish
ETA: Saw on Twitter that they actually use the illness as a plot point to (view spoiler)

Just not getting into this one either. Ugh. I need something that grabs my interest from the get g
Dorothy Bircher
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Evan is in hiding in his best friend's condo from a scandal that he believes he was framed. Sadie is a romance author dealing with writer's block. They kept each other company by helping each other get through the pandemic. They got to know each other & instantly fell into lust. The playboy NFL player & the girl next door. He's a health freak & she loves junk food. They were total opposites but like they say opposites attract. They were made for each other. Grab this book to help you get through ...more
Kris (frantic4romantic)
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Insta-love trope gets a lot of flack, but it’s one of my favorites if it’s done right. Love Under Quarantine did it right.

I’m not gonna lie. The title is complete corny — and also the entire reason I wanted to read this book. I mean, we’re still under a quarantine where I am, so I find it fitting to my situation. I just had to read it. Had to.

I posted about it on bookstagram one day, then stumbled across a giveaway in a Facebook group the next. And wouldn’t you know, the stars all aligned an
Helen Power
Jul 22, 2020 rated it liked it
This is definitely a romance that's very relevant to today's current events. I hadn't expected it to mirror real-life events so closely! (What with the toilet paper shortages, social distancing requirements, and even the name of the virus itself).
This is another book where insta-love takes the center-stage. I was a little disappointed by this. One of the reasons why shows like "Love is Blind" was so popular was because the people have to get to know each other first before actually meeting. In
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
This book was so darn sweet!! These two writers came together and wrote a very relevent love story that will speak to the modern audience. Evan and Sadie are two souls who met under the dangerous circumstances of our world. He is famous in the sports world, she is a romance writer. Their story starts slowly but soon, despite the trying times, it blossoms and it was a beautiful thing to read.
The book was emotional, it gave me laughs and it had me swooning. It was the perfect read.
I highly recomme
Carol
May 09, 2020 marked it as set-aside-for-now
05/09/2020
Set aside for now at 5%.
This would probably be a better read for me post quarantine I think.
Simone
May 08, 2020 rated it did not like it
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I cannot express who much I loved this story and these characters. Everything about was great and told a story about the crazy time that is going in the world right now. Their feelings are what we are all going through. Sadie is an author who is used to working from home and staying indoors, but she is dealing with writers block. Evan is a pro athlete that has a major scandal happening and is laying low until it passes. As neighbors, they begin a friendship that becomes so much more as they are ...more
Gracie
May 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: two-stars
I read another one of these quarantine romance books last week... And let me just say... This one was below par. I was disappointed.
Amy
Apr 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Wow, it's *so* shocking that the quarantine books have started rolling into Romancelandia, and I am SO here for it :) ...more
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
May 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. Love Under Quarantine was co-written by Kylie Scott and Audrey Carlan. I am a fan of Ms. Scott's books, but this is the first time I have read anything by Ms. Carlan. This is Sadie and Evan's story. Evan is an NFL player who is wrongly under investigation for doping. He is hiding out from the press and housesitting at his friend's apartment when the Covid-19 quarantine goes into affect. Sadie is the cute girl in the apartment next door and a romance writer. During quarantine, the two ...more
Kathleen Lynn
May 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Caro Richard
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Evan, disgraced but wrongly accused football player finds himself in lockdown whilst he is hiding from the world.

Sadie, romance writer, is always on the look out for ideas for stories but finds herself with writers block.

An out of tune Kenny Roger's song gets them talking on the balcony....and bang, Evan is Sadie's new muse.....and it heats up from there!

There were laughs, drama, betrayal and hawt times, Evan and Sadie were just beautiful.
* A review copy was provided by the authors *

~ 4 Quarantining Stars ~

What a completely relatable story but with a fictional romance built into it.

In this trying time most readers read for escapism and even though this book is about the quarantine of 2020, it also allows the readers to escape what we are dealing with day to day.

I have been a fan of Kylie Scott’s books for a long time but Audrey Carlan is a new author to me, but I think these two authors have a future for co-writing together. I th

• Stealing My Best Friend (Lovers' Lane #1)
  • Disavow (The Dumonts, #3)
  • Missing in Action (Walsh Series Spinoff, #2)
  • Savage Love (Savage Trilogy, #3)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Close to Me (The Callahans, #1)
  • 'Til the Last Lyric (Life of Debauchery, #2)
  • She Loves Me (Harmony Pointe, #3)
  • Savage Burn (Savage Trilogy #2)
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • From the First Verse  (Life of Debauchery, #1)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • Broken (Deep Ops #3)
  • The Pretend Prince
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Legacy of Lies (Empire of Lies, #3)
  • Kisses and Warfare
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.