Start by marking “Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus, #1)

Blood of Zeus

(Blood of Zeus #1)

An ancient grudge. A forbidden love.

The only thing worse than being a demon is being a Valari. As an undergraduate at Los Angeles’s Alameda University, Kara Valari can sometimes succeed at forgetting she’s both. Lost between the pages of the classics and tucked into the shadows of lecture halls, she can dodge the paparazzi’s lenses as well as her family’s publicized dram
Published August 25th 2020 by Waterhouse Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blood of Zeus, please sign up.
Connie His name is Brock O'Hurn you can find him on FB and Instagram. …moreHis name is Brock O'Hurn you can find him on FB and Instagram. (less)

Start your review of Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus, #1)
Catherine Russell

Book: Blood of Zeus
Authors: Meredith Wild, Angel Payne
Type: Blood of Zeus #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating: 4 Hearts!

Name/Age: Maximus Kane - 28 ┃ Kara Valari - 22/23
Setting: Los Angeles, California.
Published: August 25, 2020

The enchantress with the firestorm gaze that I can't banish from my mind. The searing touches that I can't wash off my skin. The energy, connective and captivating, that I can't erase from my senses.

This is definitely right up there w
Bibi
Jan 18, 2021 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
IMO, the laziest plot device is when the author withholds vital information from the characters in order to create conflict. We have Maximus' mother who chose to not tell him anything about his father because... reasons. Then Kara chooses not to tell Maximus she's a demon because... reasons. Then Kara's grandpa chooses to not tell her why he'd been ostracised because... reasons.

In the meantime, the reader already intuited these secrets which makes it all ridiculous and anti-climatic.

Why? DNF@
Villains Do It Better
Nadine Bookaholic
My immediate reaction when I finished this book was "Great start to the series. I need to get my hands on book two like NOW!!!" and I'm not kidding.

There is a deep connection between Kara and Maximus but their Professor/student relationship needs to stay just that way, he cannot and will not jeopardize anything ever again. But after one touch she's what he craves....

Read my full review along with an excerpt here: https://bit.ly/NBReviewBOZ

blood of Zeus

Nadine's Obsessed with Books **I have voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Readers Copy
Angel Payne
Aug 24, 2020 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
UPDATE, 10/2/2020: You guyyyzzzz! HEART OF FIRE, the follow-up story to BLOOD OF ZEUS, is done and off to our formatter! We are SO PSYCHED about the 2nd half of Maximus and Kara's story. If you haven't had a chance to read BLOOD OF ZEUS yet, be sure to get all their emotional goodness into your soul, to get ready! We love you all for the wonderful love for these two.

UPDATE: WOW!! The reader and reviewer love for Kara and Maximus is just...GAH. Thank you, world, for loving our demon and her demi
Sue
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I was blown away by Blood of Zeus!! When Meredith Wild and Angel Payne announced they were teaming up to bring us a new series, I could not contain my excitement. Two of my unicorn authors together? How could this be anything other than amazing? And I will tell you, it is even better than I could have imagined! I was 110% invested and engaged in this book right from the start. I read it voraciously in one sitting. And even though I am not normally a rereader, I am already excited to read th ...more
Lauren Luman
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Reread, just as good as the first time!

This was my first foray into the PNR genre, and let me say, it was the perfect introduction.

It was magnetic, the connection between Kara and Maximus. Their story and what they feel when they're together absolutely consumed me. To the point that I felt like I was a voyeur in their world. Peeking into their most intimate thoughts and emotions.

Maximus's best friend Jesse, and Kara's grandfather, were my favorite supporting characters. The bonds formed are un
Julia
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
When I heard that two of my favorite authors were teaming up to deliver an epic PNR series I could not be any more excited!  Maximus and Kara were sexy and so compelling. I loved the attraction between them and how their connection came right off the pages.

Overall I loved how mysterious Kara and Maximus' past was and the tiny breadcrumbs of secrets. This story was tantalizing and delicious and the perfect new series to jump into head first! 4 stars! ~Ratula

Shel
May 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults who love scorching romance with a paranormal twist.
I love everything about this story! Maximus is so intense, so tortured by his past actions that he can't let anyone too close. He has a secret and truly doesn't even know it. Those closest to him won't tell.

Kara has a secret too and wishes she could forget it. Her life is mapped out for her and she has no control over her future.

Together they are fire and lightning! Together they are on a path that neither one knows how to move forward.

Book 1, Blood of Zeus is an exciting buildup to what can onl
Darcy
Aug 31, 2020 rated it did not like it
All of a sudden this book was all over my feed, then it popped up on my library's website, so it seemed a no brainer to click to get it. Sadly this one didn't work out for me, I gave up at 30%. As I was reading this one I felt like I was missing something, like a prequel or if this book/series was spun off of another. I was mildly intrigued by Kara, who seemed like a good person, one who needed a better family. I really liked that she bucked them to visit Gramps, who was a bit sad, due to the si ...more
Corinne Akers
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Just mind blowing!! So much intensity through out this entire book! The depth of the emotion can be felt in every word written in this book. I felt like I was pulled into a very vivid, deeply personal intimate relationship between Maximus and Kara. It’s so vividly written that you’re drawn into the reality that exists on the pages in front of you, so much so your breathing elevates as you frantically turn the pages needing to find out what happens next! I have always been fascinated by the ...more
Renee
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Demons and mythology? SIGN ME UP!
Kika Medina
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was completely blown away by this book!!
Every scene with Maximus and Kara was perfect, they had me swooning hard!!!
When I found out my favorite authors Meredith and Angel we’re writing together, I already knew I would love it, but it was seriously so much better than what I expected and those last few chapters OMG specially the last one!!
I seriously know this words are not enough but my mind is all over the place!!
I can’t wait for the next book and for the rest of the world to know Maximus and
Erin Lewis
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 star review of Blood of Zeus (Blood of Zeus #1) by Meredith Wild & Angel Payne
Paranormal romance is not a genre I usually read, however since it is co written by one of my favourite authors, Angel Payne, I thought I would give it a try and I am so glad that I did. Although it is PNR, it was intriguing and Blood of Zeus was a book that I had a hard time putting down; in fact I was so invested in the story line that I forgot that there were paranormal elements to the story.
The chemistry that siz
Living My Best Book Life
Blood of Zeus is a mesmerizing paranormal romance with a fascinating mythological theme. Meredith Wild and Angel Payne blew me away with this book. They give readers a story that is seductive, mysterious, dangerous, and so addicting.

As the story begins, we meet Kara Valari. She is a student at Alameda University in Los Angeles. She is constantly being scrutinized for being part of the Valari family. She is trying to finish her final year at college and pursue her passion of classics because onc
MaryAnn Costanzo
Aug 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh holy chemistry! It is off the charts from the beginning. I can honestly say that I was not able to put this book down. Maximus who doesn't understand why he's so different and Kara who is literally a demon that is unlike the rest of her family but they are drawn to each other like a moth to a flame 🔥.. I can't wait for the next installment ...more
Ria
Aug 10, 2020 is currently reading it
Eppppp!!!!

It’s getting closer😊

This book is on my most anticipated list of 2020! I’m really hoping it’s good because I’m tiredt of 2020! Every single book on my anticipated list so far has been disastrous!

This is a student/teacher romance mixed in with Greek mythology so I’m expecting to be blown the fuck away! I need a win 🤣
Miss Kitten’s Corner
I just want to let it be known that this book was honestly boring as fuck! -_- This story was mainly focused on the relationship aspect of the two main characters "falling in love" but it never felt like a real love type of relationship. It felt more lust to me and it wasn't even insta love either.

This would've been way better if it had more paranormal elements to the story and way more action instead of dragging the story out the entire book just for secrets to be revealed at the end and then
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
project_20200716_1050443_0
I am familiar with the author's books, the contemporary romance ones and well this was my VERY FIRST PARANORMAL and what a start...my full review & teaser on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j
Karen Aguilera
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When you hear that two authors you admire are teaming up to write a book together you know you need to read it.

They save never judge a book by its cover well never judge a book by its title. I was unsure going into this as I am not much into PNR & mythology but let me tell you HOLY HELL I was sucked in and wasn't getting out.

The instant connection and chemistry between Max and Kara is really out of this world.

Max is trying to figure out his past while Kara knows what hers is and is trying to k
Julie Race
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
For the love of a god!

If you like Mythological romance, then this book is definitely for you. This isn’t your usual professor/student romance, it is so much more.

Kara Valari is the quiet academic of LA’s biggest socialite family, who likes nothing more than to be lost in a book, whilst avoiding her family drama and ultimately her destiny.

Then along come Professor Maximus Kane, huge, immensely strong, sexy and avoiding all things romantic. That is until Kara, the forbidden fruit arrives in his c
Belle's Book Labyrinth
MIND. BLOWN!

I read this book in one day and couldn't get enough! This is a strong start to a new series by two of my fave authors and I can't wait to see what's in store for Maximus and Kara! He is sexy and mysterious, there's something unknown to him and he can't shake the feeling. Kara is strong willed but her life is pretty much controlled and she doesn't know what to do. Both have secrets. Together, their chemistry is lightening and it wakes something in them. I need the next book stat and I
D.D. Lorenzo
Aug 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story! Supernatural has never been so sexy!
Her Adventures  In Reading
Aug 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Mindblown! I honestly don't know if I just read a book or watched a movie. This book is so vidily written I honestly saw it like a movie in my mind. Kara and Maximus were epic. I have always been fascinated by Greek mythology and even studied Latin for a time. This book brings gods and goddesses to a modern day timeline that does not disappoint. Throw in some hot chemistry and the best of Meredith and Angel's writing and you have magic! These characters come to life and I cannot wait to read mor ...more
Tina Mitchell
Aug 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Omg I can't wait till the next book comes out !!! ...more
Rachel
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
It ended! Why did it have to end? Can I have the rest of the story immediately? Are there more secrets? What will Z demand? Will Z and Max be able to save Kara? I NEED answers!!! I was so excited to read this book and let me tell you my excitement was rewarded tenfold! This is a beautifully written story with a unique position that still plays off of older and much loved themes. It allows for a full realm of possibilities to come in subsequent titles. I cant wait for more!
Amanda
Aug 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received an arc copy for an honest review]

Blood of Zeus
is the start of a new fantasy romance series by authors Meredith Wild and Angel Payne. While Angel Payne is a new author to me, Meredith Wild is one whose story telling never fails to entertain.

Kara is a demon whose future is already mapped out for her, and she has no say in the matter. Maximus is a man who has more than human qualities. When the two meet the effect they have on each other is too strong for them to deny. With more than t
Roxs Reads
Aug 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Blood of Zeus was chocked full of non-stop sizzling seduction. The forbidden and slow burning interactions of the professor and his student kept my rapt attention. Like a live wire ready to snap, the chemistry and physical attraction of Maximus and Kara is hot with flying sparks. And who better to picture as the godly Professor Maximus Kane than the super sexy Brock O'Hurn.

I've loved Meredith Wild stories in the past and this was my first Angel Payne book. The co-writing was seamless and they c
Tausha
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Hot dang! Blood is Zeus was a PNR page turner. My attention was drawn from the first page and I was addicted. I would say it was a quick read for me just because it was so hard to put down. I am hooked and look forward to seeing how Maximus and Kara’s story plays out.

• Grant's Heat (Shark's Edge, #4)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • War of Hearts (True Immortality, #1)
  • Craving (Steel Brothers Saga, #1)
  • Desperate to Touch (Hard to Love #2)
  • Misadventures in the Cage (Misadventures, #27)
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • Dark Magic (Darkhaven Saga, #2)
  • Dark Secret (Darkhaven Saga, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men #2)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • Picture Perfect Cowboy (The Original Sinners)
  • Badd Motherf*cker (Badd Brothers, #1)
  • Bolt (The Bolt Saga #1-3)
  • Possessive
  • Misadventures with a Firefighter
  • Shark's Rise (Shark's Edge, #3)
See top shelves…
Meredith Wild is a #1 New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author. After publishing her debut novel Hardwired in September 2013, Wild used her ten years of experience as a tech entrepreneur to push the boundaries of her “self-published” status, becoming stocked in brick-and-mortar bookstore chains nationwide and forging relationships with the major retailers.

In 2014, Wild found

Blood of Zeus (3 books)
  • Heart of Fire (Blood of Zeus, #2)
  • Fate of Storms (Blood of Zeus, #3)

Articles featuring this book