Start by marking “Infested” as Want to Read:
Infested

Infested

Swarms of powerful mosquitoes sucking victims dry. Insatiable horseflies feasting on living flesh. Huge roaches with a ferocious bite. No tent is safe at the Green Swamp Zip-Line Adventure and Campground.

Camp manager, Casey Lovitt, and entomologist, Dr. Phillip Edwards, must go up against powerful business interests and cover-ups from the local sheriff’s department to stop
Kindle Edition, Rewind-or-Die #2, 97 pages
Published January 23rd 2020 by Unnerving

To ask other readers questions about Infested, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infested

Start your review of Infested
Michael Hicks
Feb 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: bought, horror
My review of INFESTED can be found at High Fever Books.

As I said in my review for The Midnight Exhibit Volume 1, small-press publisher Unnerving’s attempts to capture the golden age of B-movie straight-to-video horror is an aesthetic I am entirely on board for. While the opening gambit in this endeavor was a Creepshow-like anthology, Infested is the first single-author novella in Rewind or Die line-up.

Carol Gore’s release has quite a bit going for it, but coming hot on the heels of a strong ant
Audra (ouija.doodle.reads)
This is a quick, gory little story about bugs gone wrong—hugely wrong (lol)—and I got way more invested in it than I expected to be! What a great horror novella.

Another entry in the Rewind or Die series (I'm on a kick), this tale is about a swamp where the bugs begin mutating and growing way larger than is cute and worst of all, thirsting for blood. The best moments of the story are definitely the descriptions of the bugs and the chaos they inflict. Bugs are truly alien and have some strange way
Alex | | findingmontauk1
Mar 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, kindle-books, lohf
To sum up, Infested is a novella where bugs become way bigger and more aggressive than they should be. And in a serious, people-murdering, end-of-the-world kind of way. Certain bugs have always freaked me out a bit and so to see them bigger and in larger groups was pretty irksome and made my skin crawl. Just imagining seeing people covered in giant mosquitoes to where you can't even see their skin is enough to make me run for the hills. And do not get me started on the humongous roaches.

This is
Sherry Fundin
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
OUCH! It starts out with a bug bite. And, it’s all downhill from there.

Casey is the environmentalist type, so it is no surprise finding her working for the Green Swamp Zip Line Adventure and Camp. It allows her to keep a close eye on the Swamp.

Doctor Phillip Edwards was trying to control the mosquito population by sterilizing them, then releasing them to compete for the females, hopefully limiting reproduction.

Cody is a cop, her brother, AND a major dick!

A hurricane. A chemical plant. Flooding i
Thomas Joyce
Jul 29, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is exactly the kind of entertaining killer bug story you'd hope to find in the horror section of the video store. The descriptions of the mutated versions of common insects had me scratching my arms and neck, I felt as though I were being bitten while reading! We are led to believe that protagonist Casey has been a doormat for everyone from her abusive brother to her horrible boss for as long as she can remember, but that all changes in this book. She becomes a tough, kick-ass heroine and, ...more
Brennan LaFaro
Feb 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
From the cover to the plot to everything inside, this book was exactly what I wanted it to be. I have a soft spot for southern swamp horror, oddly specific I know, and Carol Gore's Infested does a fine job of scratching it.

The bugs in this particular swamp are growing bigger and more aggressive. It starts with mosquitoes and then moves onto horseflies, wheel bugs, ticks, and all sorts of other creepy crawlers that are bad enough at their normal size. (Side note: if you don't know what a wheel b
Heather Horror Hellion
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I hate bugs!
I love bug horror!

This book is the perfect giant killer bug book. There were some bugs I had to Google just to get the correct picture in my head.That is to be expected because, I don't know much about bugs.

The characters were great the main character was a stong women, the other characters were well written and likeable.

The setting was in the swamp and im glad I didn't read this outside.

The part with a brown recluse was awesome and disgusting.

I loved the ending and the side sto
Bruce Kessler
Jul 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Fun read....exactly as advertised...like watching a B grade movie...beware the killer insects!
Valerie (Cats Luv Coffee)
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
A quick search of Google will tell you that 64% of people have a fear of insects. Some so much even that they encounter an irrational gripping terror. What is it about these creatures that our feelings of dread are so closely tied up with feelings of disgust? What is it about them that makes them so fear-inducing? Is it their alien appearance? Or that they make us feel unclean or our territory invaded? Infested takes that almost primal rejection response and lets it crawl all over you

Read more a
Kameron
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
(review request submitted by the author for an honest critique)

Besides arachnids, I’m not overly fond of most bugs or insects. Before reading Infested, I didn’t suffer from myrmecophobia (fear of ants), pteronarcophobia (fear of flies), or scolopendrphobia (fear of centipedes). I do have a fear of spiders, but arachnophobia is a pretty common phobia. However, after reading Infested, that’s all changed. I now suffer from entomophobia, fear of ALL bugs.

I don’t care if it’s a ladybug or butterfly,
Suz Jay
Jan 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Casey’s Forestry degree didn’t prepare her for giant insects hellbent on making humans their prey, but if she can’t get the swamp where she works evacuated and the authorities in to manage the infestation, people are going to die. Lots and lots of them.

This book gave me the creeps. The way creatures like mosquitoes and other insects feed is pretty disgusting on the small scale, but when the bugs are ginormous, it’s nothing short of terrifying.

Gore does a great job with the plot, by adding plen
Heather
Sep 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Carol Gore’s Infested (Rewind or Die) is a great classic-style horror novel. Casey works for the Green Swamp Zip-Line Adventure and Campground. At the moment, she’s been helping Dr. Phillip Edwards release sterilized mosquitos that are supposed to help lower the population of mosquitos on the whole. It’s the result of a grant from a nearby university, and Casey hopes it will keep the man who runs the campground, Mr. Wright, from using damaging pesticides in the swamp. It’s bad enough that the ch ...more
Eliza Jo
Dec 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
From Sci Fi and Scary:

Casey Lovitt is the Green Swamp Zip-Line Adventure and Campground camp manager. The swamp has been her refuge since her father committed suicide and her family fell apart. Although she has a degree and could have many other career opportunities, she’s stayed near her childhood home to look after her mother, who is seldom sober.

Casey is tasked with helping entomologist Dr. Phillip Edwards. He is releasing mosquitoes into the swamp as part of a controlled study. When Casey is
Lesley Ann Campbell
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Casey Vs the giant bugs. I rather enjoyed this novella. No matter how big or how small, bugs are a phobia of the many. I for one am terrified of spiders and roaches. The sheer scale of the bugs within the pages was making my skin crawl. It's a fun story, reminds me of those SyFy originals, the old B-movie types that they show now like Sharknado.

Giant bugs everywhere, biting hikers and eating alligators alive. This is a fun tale of Girl Vs Beast. The story itself is nothing new really, it's very
John Lynch
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of the rewind or die series is Infested, by Carol Gore. Is it worth you time? or does this one bite?

ive read 2 of the rewind or die series now, and while i liked both, if i were to choose which one, i'd prefer infested. This was just a fun book where you get exactly what you go into it thinking you're getting. It's a book about mutate bugs wreaking havoc in a swampland. The writing serves the story well, there are some minor plot threads that add to the characterization. The book was pret
Casandra
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm still creeped out!

This was good at getting under your skin and making it crawl. Definitely recommend this read if you're not too scared of things that creep, crawl, and buzz.
Dex
Jun 06, 2020
Jeri Spargo
Nov 06, 2020
Kyle Sim
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2020

• The Roo
  • The Possession of Natalie Glasgow
  • Crossroads
  • Dear Laura
Carol Gore examines the absurdity of life on earth by writing horror and humor, sometimes at the same time. Aside from writing, she's a yoga enthusiast, a painting hobbyist, and a lifelong voracious reader. She lives in the rural south with her husband and two sons. ...more