Start by marking “By Any Other Name” as Want to Read:
By Any Other Name

By Any Other Name

The locals believe the bridge to be haunted, as locals do.
The Juniper Hollow Ravine is where my story begins...

For decades, the Blackmane coven has run the small mountain town of Juniper Hollow with money and fear.
Thorn Blackmane might be the most feared of all.
Cold-blooded. Heartless. Killer.
His magic only has one purpose--to destroy the coven's enemies. Until he's
Published October 30th 2019 by Love & Guts Publishing

To ask other readers questions about By Any Other Name, please sign up.

Start your review of By Any Other Name
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
ezgif-com-video-to-gif

Witches?! I never thought they were so... sexy! LOL 😂😱

📚 "𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚎, 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚘, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸, 𝚒𝚏 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛." 📚

Thorn is a 100-year-old witch. He loves his life in the town of Juniper Hollow - even though his job is killing. 💥
He is a heartless, cold blooded killer.
But when he is told to kill Rose, a 22-year-old woman who arrives in town in search of her family, everything gets complicated - and their lives will never be the same, because no spell is strong as love. ❤😍

📚 "𝙼
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

“The Juniper Hollow Ravine is where my story begins. If I start elsewhere, you may mistake me for the hero, and I am not that. All the qualities of heroism—selflessness, sincerity, bravery, and fortitude—she possessed. This story has a heroine, not a hero, and I, if anything, was only the devil on her shoulder. But I am getting ahead of myself...”

This is the opening and gives you a taste of the darkness and of the anti-heroes inside this story! It opens on a dramatic scene sucking you into this darstars
Dana aka ♥Belladonna♥
Nov 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: genre-pnr
Holy Shit! M. Pierce has a new book out?

How did I not know this?
Preparing one-click finger now!

Amy
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I went into this book thinking I didn't enjoy the paranormal genre and left it realizing that it's only vampires and shapeshifters I'm tired of reading about. Witches? I am COOL with witches.

One of my favorite things about this book was how unexpected Kayti McGee's prose is. That sounds insulting to her, and I certainly don't mean it that way. I'm accustomed to seeing romantic comedies from her, but in Rose, McGee shows depth and breadth that are utterly delightful. As much as I enjoyed Thorne'
Karen
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well that was unexpected!

Finished a werewolf book, jumped into a witch book and I’m the one who doesn’t do paranormal. It’s just too unrealistic!

I wonder if I had my DNA tested it would say I’m part fairy. I’ve always wanted to be a fairy. Or a princess. Preferably fairy though, like Tinkerbell.

So witches. Rose isn’t really a witch to begin with. She’s an unwoken witch. Hasn’t had her Hogwarts letter. No owl. No wand. No grimoire. I didn’t even know what a grimoire was. I had to look it up. A
Carrie Youngcourt
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When I read the blurb for this book it sounded good and with it being Haloween I was in the mood for a good paranormal book and let me tell ya it did not disappoint me! Right from the very first page your drawn into the book as your going along things get even more interesting and make it so you can't put the book down! I can't wait to see what happens with Rose and Thorn in the next book! I will definitely be getting more books by these ladies!

Thorn is a 100 year old witch and truly
Elise
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"I have always believed that no matter what happens in our present reality, infinite other realities exist in which all possibilities play out, but I am not so sure anymore." I'm sure, very sure that this writing team packed a paranormal punch that places them - and their characters - in the realm of Rice and her Mayfair Witches. If you read any McGee and/or Pierce, you know both straddle the cusp of literary and genre fiction, a plane that welcomes picky and pleasure readers alike. Together, th ...more
Jean
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book pushes all my witchy hot buttons.

I can't begin to explain how much I love this book. The fantasy/hero's journey arc intertwines so seamlessly with the romance - it's a thing of beauty. It's been years since I've read a story so captivating. The witchy elements feel so authentic. The emotional arc is perfection. Kayti and M 's voices mesh like a heavenly choir. This book is Mayfair witches good - and for me that is a mile high bar to clear.

This may very well be m
Storyline 4.5
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

That cover? Beautiful. And two amazing authors teaming up to write a paranormal and then that blurb? I am totally in. This book was full of mystery, magic, suspense and of course a love story. Not your conventional one by any means, but oh it was a good one.

Grace
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Dark and magical, this story introduces us to a world of witches who harbor secrets and willing to kill anyone who challenges those secrets.

From the outset, the male protagonist, Thorn Blackmane tells us he is not the hero of this story. And I bought into that initially. However, things change when a young woman, Rose Perry enters the small town of Juniper Hollow, Colorado, in search of a family member she discovered via DNA testing.

Rose is adopted and has longed to discover more about her family. It is upon meeting he
Beyond The Covers Blog
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Hmmm, on the heels of Halloween comes this original story about witches.  By Any Other Name by Kayti McGee will have you spellbound and waiting for the conclusion of the story due out next year.  The story is unique and gripping and will leave you thinking about witches in a whole new way, both good and bad.  With spells and rituals and sex the story is a paranormal work that might push you over the edge while you are growling at the last page!  5-stars for By Any Other Name by Kayti McGee.
Eileen Robinson
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book centers around Thorn Blackmane, witch/warlock and assassin for the Blackmane Coven. We begin with Thorn’s task of Eliminating Rose. He never questions orders, but this time something about Rose makes him hold back.
Rose is in town to discover information about her family, and through Thorn she learns that she is actually a witch herself.
The chemistry between the two is explosive, as they grow Thorn becomes not only her protector but also her lover. The twists and turns, finding h
thehotmesslibrary
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a first time read author for me and it was a little different from the books that I would normally read. This book looks at Thorn Blackmane and the Blackmane family, a coven who have ruled the small mountain top of Juniper Hollow for centuries. They rule with money and fear and are even killers. There is no one like Thorn Blackmane who is cold-blooded, heartless and kills on demand. With the arrival of new girl, Rose. The threat to the Blackmane family is real and puts the Blackmane fami ...more
Jo
An Incredible Journey

I would like to recommend this book to all 18+ readers out there. Sure to be a much needed journey to book lovers!
Rose is an incredible heroine as is her lover, Thorn! I was just elated from beginning to end. On the edge of my seat most of the book, it had all the feels! Sex, lust, love, Anger, Adventure, Murder, Mystery, shit, you name it! Witches, witches, witches. I truly enoyed this wonderful read and you will too. One-click now and prepare to be entertained, 5 St
Cindy
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I was so excited to see another book by M. Pierce (finally!) While sci-fi/supernatual is not my usual cup of tea, I did enjoy this book. There will be a part 2 in Spring 2020, although this book could be a standalone and does not end on a cliffhanger.
Lena
I liked the h and the witches plot and execution. This was a very interesting and unique fantasy. can't wait for the sequel
Celeste
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
for full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Juanita
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a really good read. Personally I feel that the ending was a bit disappionting.
Caroline Rose
Nov 09, 2019
Keren
Nov 06, 2019

• Cold Queen
  • Half Truths (Secret Society, #1)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Gypsy King (Tin Gypsy, #1)
  • Ruin  (Slay Quartet, #2)
  • Outmatched
  • Venom
  • Where the Blame Lies
  • Perfectly Adequate
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Hold on to Hope
  • Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • 4 Days (A John Testarossa Novel)
  • Rock Star
  • The Boss Who Stole Christmas (Reindeer Falls, #1)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)

Kayti McGee is a proud Kansas Citian who wishes that Tom Hiddleston would just call her already. Besides writing, her hobbies include napping, daydreaming, and murder shows on Netflix. She also writes as the latter half of Laurelin McGee. Send her wine, and stay sexy.