Start by marking “Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)” as Want to Read:
Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)

Sticking to the Script

(Cipher Office #2)

Steven Thompson had a bad year. A string of mean, kinky (the alarming kind, not the good kind), and crazy dating debacles combined with a boss who appears to be experiencing male-prenatal-psychosis means Steven’s stress levels are high. They’re so high, he’s decided to quit dating and focus instead solely on his job.

Until he meets Dr. Ken Miles.

Doctor Ken Miles is having a
Published October 15th 2019 by Smartypants Romance

To ask other readers questions about Sticking to the Script, please sign up.
Stella Weaver Hi Zulma! Sticking to the Script will be available tomorrow (October 17th) on Amazon. It's going into Kindle Unlimited, so we gave users of the other…moreHi Zulma! Sticking to the Script will be available tomorrow (October 17th) on Amazon. It's going into Kindle Unlimited, so we gave users of the other platforms (Apple, Nook, Google Play) an opportunity to purchase before it went exclusive to Amazon. I hope this helps! Happy reading!(less)
Stella Weaver Sticking to the Script will be available tomorrow (October 17th) on Amazon. It's going into Kindle Unlimited, so we gave users of the other platforms…moreSticking to the Script will be available tomorrow (October 17th) on Amazon. It's going into Kindle Unlimited, so we gave users of the other platforms (Apple, Nook, Google Play) an opportunity to purchase before it went exclusive to Amazon. It has since been taken down from those platforms to comply with Amazon for tomorrow's release. (less)

Start your review of Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
Jen
4.5 Stars

For the most part, Steven Thompson has a pretty sweet life. A job he loves working for Cipher Security, a kickass apartment in a building owned by his surly and brooding boss, Quinn, and a stable of loyal and entertaining friends to spend
Smartypants Romance
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read

AHHHHHHHH!!!

Hold onto your pants people because our third announcement is finally here!

We are incredibly excited to announce the wonderful Stella Weaver Author's debut book for Smartypants Romance. 'Sticking to the Script' is the second book in the Cipher Office Series, is a full-length contemporary romantic comedy, and can be read as a standalone. (y)

RELEASE DATE: October 15th, 2019

Add to your shelf on Goodreads: https://bit.ly/2Yokogj (This book will have no pre-order and will release directly
E
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I Read The ARC Of This Book Last Night,
Or,
The Dangers Of Reading A Really Good Book At Night.

– – –

First off the bat, let me assure you:

This book is fantastic. Brilliant, even.

You wouldn't know this for a debut novel. Stella writes with depth and maturity, and Steven is one of the kindest, funniest, and snarkiest characters I have ever encountered. His observations are delightful and almost Wodehouse-ian in their incisiveness and hilarity. As for DKM... DKM, oh DKM. There really is no one quite

A
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbtq
I voluntarily reviewed an early copy of this book :) ok, first things first... I struggled for a while with how exactly I want to rate this book, and in the end I decided on 4,5 stars... it's not that there's something wrong with this book that made me lower my rating... I can't quite put my finger on why I can't just give in and mark those 5 full stars, so it's probably a "me" thing... to be honest, I have been struggling lately with reading in general, so yeah... there's that... now that we ...more
Sanaa
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars.

I liked the story but a bit too much drama for my liking.

Review soon.
Sheena ☆ Oh, the Sheenanigans!

I didn't care much about the read to make it to the end due to this sadly being another dud. From the plot to the characters, nothing gathered my attention and it lacked that certain spark to really immerse me into the storyline. Unfortunately I'm sad to report that I have decided to drop this because it's quite obvious I wasn't the targeted audience for this line of work.
Sita
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
Full disclosure – I have a history with this story and the super gorgeous author who wrote it. In 2016 I did my first NaNoWrimo (and won, woohoo!), there was a small support group of participants (established authors, aspiring authors, and hobby wordsmiths like me) of this crazy challenge who came from the Penny Reid Readers Group on Facebook.And for a month we slogged away and wrote the words, including Stella Weaver. I sort of knew who she was from the reader group, and she was always ...more
Mia Sciberras
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story made me laugh... and cry. It got me with all sorts of feelings, and left me so happy with the outcomes. I loved the inclusion of characters and storylines that readers of Penny Reid's #KnittingInTheCity series will be familiar with and the perfect way it all ties together whilst being able to be read as a stand-alone.

Sticking To The Script may have started off as #fanfiction and is now #Pennyverse cannon but Steven and Ken's relationship stands on its own two feet as a lovable
Beth Connolly
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweet and spicy M/M romance that fits in seamlessly with the Knitting in the City world. Get ready for the feels and squeals, people.

I can't imagine it's easy to take a fan-favorite character (like Steven) and develop his backstory, history, inner musings, while also tackling the job of providing his happily ever after. And to pair him with a character who could use a little redemption in the eyes of the Penny Reid community....no small feat. Well, I guess debut author Stella Weaver likes a
Bibliomedico
For More Reviews and Recommendations Check Out My Blog :
*************************
ARC provided by the publisher & Social Butterfly PR , Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read the book.
*************************
" I wanted my spouse to be my partner, my motivator, my cheerleader. And I wanted to do the same, be the same for someone. "

This is a really different but really beautiful book. The story of Steven and Ken was sweet, heartbreaking and wonderful.
We have already met their
Caitlin Reads
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So grateful to receive this ARC! This book was seriously great. It was so heartfelt and hilarious. Sticking to the Script is the first MM romance I have read and it didn’t disappoint. The connection between Dr. Ken Miles and Steven was perfect. I never would have thought to put those two together but it made perfect sense. Their relationship felt real and they just clicked. Steven’s inner thoughts cracked me up. This book fits perfectly into the Penny universe and I loved seeing the KitC crowd. ...more
Renée
Erin
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Huzzah for queerness in the Smartypants universe

This was a heart-felt story of the erasure of bisexuality that really touched me. I loved that nose-picking Dr Ken Miles and obligatory-gay-best-friend Steven got to become fully-realized characters full of humor, vulnerability & chemistry.

I do want to go back and read Janie, Elizabeth & Kay’s Kitting in the City books again, but it isn’t necessary to read them in order to enjoy this delightful story that’s full of secrets, family drama,
Elise
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book on Wattpad a couple years ago and I can never forget the excitement while I was reading it. I loved Penny Reid the most and finding an extension of her universe PLUS a unique but well-written story? Couldn’t have asked for more.

Stella Weaver is the main reason why I’m excited for the rest of Smartypants Romance and I’m gonna love reading this as much as I did the first time.
lazybookconqueror
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: so-cute, m-m, romance
Sweet, endearing, current, sexy AF, cute and just overall a delightful book. 100% recommend.
Stella Weaver
Sep 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Sticking to the Script is LIVE!

Download your copy today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!
Amazon: https://amzn.to/35BGZLv

Amazon Worldwide: http://mybook.to/StickingtotheScript

Amazon Print: https://amzn.to/2lAVqg6

CO02-KU (2)
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
This story is funny and smart and swoony. I laughed out loud and highlighted so many favorite parts. My only complaint is I want more! More of Steven and Doctor Ken and more from this author!!

“I was officially ridiculous, but I didn’t care. I couldn’t stop smiling. I smiled while I showered, I smiled while I made coffee, I smiled while I ate breakfast. It made chewing a little difficult, but there was no stopping it.”

My full review:
Lady Heather

***Note: This story can be read as a standalone***

"5 - You need to trust me, Stars!"

This was a REALLY. GOOD. READ!

I wasn't too sure about "Doctor Ken Mile's" (or DKM for short) story.
He really didn't leave a very appealing or positive impression in Friends Without Benefits. He was actually kinda a dick.
I knew from reading Neanderthal Seeks Human that Steven's story would be interesting, funny, a little over the top and entertaining.

I went into reading this story with an open mind. My only
Em__Jay
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Wow! All I can say is STICKING TO THE SCRIPT by Stella Weaver is a fantastic book. The writing is inspired, the pacing is spot on, emotions and humour are woven thoughtfully throughout the narrative; in short, it’s one heck of a page turner.

I am aware that this book started off as Penny Reid fan-fiction but even with all the positive feedback I never read it because although I loved the Steven Thompson character, Dr. Ken Miles was one of those characters I loved to hate. And I was content to
Anne Wright
I was so excited when I saw this book. I had previously read early versions of some of this story. I was very impressed the with Stella Weaver's finished book! It's hard to believe that this is her first published work. As a SmartyPants Romance based in the Pennyverse, I had previously read about the main characters, Steven and Dr. Ken, as well as many of the supporting characters in Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series. I always had a soft spot for Stephen Thompson, who was a good friend to ...more
TabReads
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of the heartfelt, hilarious, and steamy stars!

What started as a delicious bite of fan fiction has blossomed into its own gorgeous novel. The most unlikely pairing for the Penny Reid universe is a sweet and sexy story that makes it clear Steven Thompson and Dr. Ken Miles are meant to be together.

In addition to all the delightful banter, both characters struggle with significant issues they are forced to confront. Issues that can bring them closer together or tear them apart. All of it felt
Rendiru
Steve and Dr. Ken Miles!

When an author takes a character you were exasperated with and lets you step into his world in a way that lets you love him (I’m looking at you, Dr. Ken Miles), all the while keeping you laughing and feeling So Many Feels, you must show your love and appreciation. I loved this book so much! If you love Knitting in the City, you need to read this.
Susan (susayq ~)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a great story! It was romantic and realistic, and also had me cracking up in some places. I loved seeing the knitting group ladies again :)
Lisa Magliano
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Snort like a pig , cry like a baby .
I received an ARC of Sticking to the Script, a debut novel by Stella Weaver. I was a little nervous, first books almost always feel like first books but I have nothing at all to worry about. This spin off from Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series is polished and perfect.
My dignity was not intact after the end of chapter 1, snorting like a pig in front of my family. The laughs were plenty and I was lulled into thinking this was a light fun read. BAM. I was
Amanda
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

[I received a digital copy for an honest review]

Sticking to the Script
by Stella Weaver is a release by Smartypants Romance which tells stories within Penny Reid's Knitting In the City (KITC) universe. Steven Thompson has an amazing job and great friends but falls short when it comes to romance. Dr. Ken Miles lives a solitary life consisting of mostly work and exercise. Steven and Ken find themselves drawn to each other after a few surprise interactions. As they get to know each other and their
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Sticking to the Script by @Stella Weaver
(Smartypants Romance)
#Review #SmartypantsRomance #MMlovestory

‘The idea of being with someone who could pull back the curtain and see my inner workings, was both thrilling and frightening. But knowing he liked what he was seeing, meant more to me than if he were enamored with the best, polished version of myself.’

When it comes to truly amazing heroes in stories, do you know what my kryptonite is? It’s the characters we oftentimes just write off. The ones we
Kahea
***5 ‘The Entirety of Him’ Stars***

I was all excited that this one was about Steven after meeting him in Weight Expectations, and I have to say that I got way more than I expected and loved every moment (well, most of them ~ but you get it) It was sweet, adorably awkward, funny and definitely pulled at those heartstrings as I got to know not only Steven, but Ken as well, a whole lot better.

Steven and Ken. I adored these two. It was so easy to get lost in their journey because they were so real
Antonella
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lol, mm-romance
This is the first leading couple from Pennyverse where we know both characters from previous books.
It was steamy, cheeky, adorable, weird, cute...
I loved Steven in KITC series but here I fell in love with Ken too.
Stella Weaver did a good job with this book. I would like a bit more grovel at the end...
Overall...
3,5 stars
Jenn (YeahOrNeighReviews)
Sticking to the Script far exceeded my expectations! I was hesitant when first starting this story as I thought it'd be about a jaded man, swearing off romance - I've never been so excited to be wrong. This book would be better enjoyed if you've previously read the Knitting In The City series, but can definitely be read as a stand alone. The second book in the Cipher Office series, it brings back characters that you've already met and loved in Weight Expectations.

Blog review is live 10/24/19 -
Miekenstein
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read in the Smartypants Universe and HOLY RUSTED METAL BATMAN, was this book fantastic!

I've always loved Steven (primarily from NSH and MoI), but in past books Dr. Ken Miles (DKM) was a much harder man to like. Steven is all that is wonderful with exuberant positivity. DKM is a stilted, pompous and arrogant wet blanket, not the type of guy you would ever want to have to spend time with.

Almost immediately in the book I started liking DKM. He was a much deeper man
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • Beard Necessities (Winston Brothers, #7)
  • Beard with Me (Winston Brothers, #6)
  • Man Cuffed (Man Hands, #4)
  • Maybe This Christmas
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Geektastic (Dorky Duet, #2)
  • Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
Stella Weaver is a native coastal northern Californian living in Corpus Christi, Texas. She's a reader, sloppy crafter, family-woman and author of Smartypants Romance's Sticking to the Script, Cipher Office Series Book #2.

Cipher Office (2 books)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
“shield her from the cold, autumn breeze.” 0 likes