Start by marking “Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)” as Want to Read:
Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)

Awk-Weird

(Ice Knights #2)

There’s more to me than just being awk-weird. I own my own flower shop, have some great friends, and I have my eye on adopting the most adorable kitten. But sadly, hot guys don’t tend to be blown away by my trivia-spouting, dorky self.

So when a Thor-lookalike who happens to be a professional hockey player hits on me at my bestie’s wedding rehearsal party... You
Published October 14th 2019 by Entangled: Amara

Start your review of Awk-Weird (Ice Knights, #2)
Kiki
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed getting to know Tess and Cole. They came together pretty fast and resisted the fall as best they could but they fell together naturally in the end, as they were meant to be.

Cole was stubborn and resistant to change. Tess was smart but apprehensive. For some reason, these two worked for me. Though Cole especially was frustrating at times, his development translated well in Ms. Flynn’s storytelling. It was easy to set aside expectations and just experience the events with the cha
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
The title of the book is absolutely spot on. Awk-weird is adorably awkward and weird.

T8_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

Awk-weird was the perfect romcom. I couldn’t stop the smile on my face the entire time I was reading this book. It’s sweet and funny with the perfect dollop of charm and captivating chemistry.

T8_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

T9_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

The characters are adorable! Tess is nerdy, weird and she’s my kind of girl especially with her awesome choice in sweatshirts! Even Mr.Thor-lookalike aka Mr.Ice hockey player/ Mr.Everything has a system/Mr.Neat Freak is adorable.
These two characters are the prefect example of opposites attract. They were both a shock to each others system and It honestly made for such an entertaining read.
Special Shoutout to Kahn! hahaha
T7_Awkweird_Avery Flynn.png

This is my first Avery Flynn book and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to reading more from her.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
So, you gotta love the way Avery Flynn writes a RomCom. She knows how to make you laugh and have a good time while you root for the underdog and hope for true love. Tess and Cole were absolutely wonderful together. Weirdness times two just made this story special.

Tess was a riot right from the beginning. Her attitude and quick wit just made her so enjoyable to read. She had a hell of a life and learned to take everything in stride. But, this time, there’s not much she could do with a
Amanda
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
***Review can also be found at Jackie's Book World. :)***

Not having read other books by Avery Flynn before, I didn’t know what to expect before reading Awk - Weird. Needless to say, I was really impressed with the story and how well Flynn managed to develop the characters from beginning to end. The story was sweet and entertaining, a definite must read for sure.

At the beginning of the story we get to meet Tess Gardner, a flower shop owner who happens to love facts. She is attending one of he
Lindsay
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Florist Tess Gardner is the weird reserved one of the friendship group we've been following in this series. At the wedding of Frankie and Lucy (from Muffin Top), Tess gets "weddinged" with Ice Knights player Cole Phillips. They're both happy for it to have been a one-night thing, but Tess turns up pregnant. When a timely apartment disaster kicks Tess out of her home for a few weeks, Cole takes her into his carefully ordered house and life on a temporary basis. Temporary would be a whole lot easier th ...more
Lydia
Oct 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Skimmed. Boring

Didn’t like hero. Not really memorable
Heroine was fine

Guy messed up, girl groveled and professed love. That took it from 2.5 stars to 1 star.
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
MY REVIEW
This was weird, like I had so many high expectations to love this, but I unfortunately didn't. I thought it was adorably awkward and slightly cute. I found the main couple immature and annoying most of the times, I can see the appeal to others though, I can see why its potential for other readers to enjoy and love, it is though a continuation of her other series. Well I thought it was, as the main chick is bff with the girls from Butterface, Muffintop and Tomboy. This is not my fi
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

Just kill me now. This book has already stolen my breath away and I don't know if I am going to survive the after-effects this book has caused me. Send help because I have a serious book hangover, ya'll.

This is a story that spoke to my heart in so many ways. One of the things that I love about Flynn's books is that she has very realistic characters. You can easily find bits
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first sight you'd think Cole Phillips and Tess Gardner being very different- yet the more I read the more I realized they were somewhat the same but in different ways-if that makes sense. They were both quirky in their own unique way. And Tess's random facts about nothing and everything had me laughing and taking some notes to use on later conversations 😉

"We got weddinged" were the famous words that Tess echoed and if she only knew that that would be the beginning of a rollercoaster of an ad
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Slow burn and hockey! This book follows Tess, she is the definition of quirky and awkward (hence the title😃) she also loves to read and she owns her own flower shop. Cole, or should I say thor, is the hot hockey player who needs routines and everything to go as planned. Cole and Tess are what you would say the opposites that attract. After one night together leads to an very unplanned pregnancy, a friendship blossoms between the two. This book was definitely slow burn but it was fun watching the ...more
Jessica Alcazar
I’m not gonna lie, most of the time Avery is a hit or miss and I never really know which way it’s gonna go. So I read most of her books LOL because even when they’re a miss, they don’t miss out of the park. This was a hit!

If there’s one thing I know that Avery can do well is quirky. As soon as I saw this title, I was all in. I didn’t even need to read the synopsis LOL And it worked for both Cole and Tess! That’s the greatest part! We don’t ever think as jocks as being awk-weird but Cole totally was! And obviousl
Deanna (Deanna Reads Books)
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on my review blog Deanna Reads Books

I keep on saying that I don't really like "accidental baby" romances, but I keep on reading them so maybe I am a liar. Who knows! I really enjoyed Avery Flynn's other books about the Ice Knights (Tomboy and Parental Guidance), so I was excited to read this new story. You don't really need to read the other two books at all, but the hockey team is the same one. This book is more focused on Cole and Tess and the situation they
Ky  Baeza

Ahem, it was fine.

I feel that the problem is more mine than the book itself. I needed more, but there were parts that really made me laugh and say 'aw' out loud.

What I realized with this book, though, is that I'm not a blond-men kind of gal.
Saly
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this but man the hero annoyed me for a good part with his adherence to schedule and the blind belief that he was meant to be with his on-again/off-again ex as he was so used to her. I found that insulting to the heroine. But still he does start to loosen up and I started to like him.
Emma
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-wishlist
Awk-weird has my absolute favourite type of protagonists – the awkward, nerdy, geeky, utterly adorable type. Both the heroine and the hero have the most adorable quirks, but unfortunately, these idiosyncrasies are also partly to blame for their emotional barriers🙁

Tess and Cole meet at a wedding where they instantly bond over their shared knowledge of random trivia, while the attraction between them is a slow simmer in the background. However, a turn around the dance floor sets their
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.5 Stars / 5 Steam Fans

I thought I was getting a couple that was directly related to the first book in the Ice Knights series but oh was I wrong. Cole is a member of the same hockey team that appears in Parental Guidance but that is pretty much where the connection ends. Cole is the nerdy teammate that has a routine and likes things done a certain way on a schedule. Tess is a free spirit that is always waiting for the other shoe to fall. During a wedding the two of them hookup and thanks to defect
Shanda
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awk-Weird is your typical cute and funny rom-com. Tess and Cole meet at a wedding and hit it off. They hook up and boom…..Tess is pregnant. Cole is someone who likes his life in order and is still hung up on the idea of marrying his ex. Tess is just looking for someone to accept and love her in all her awkward adorableness.

Tess moves in with Cole because her apartment is under repair and he wants to help because of the baby. It’s not long before Tess and her crazy cat have turned Coles life ups
Irene

Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn is a sweet, heartfelt read and I really enjoyed it.

The storyline is well written, it entertaining from start to end and all the characters helped make this an enjoyable read.

Tess and Cole are both likable, passionate, fun characters with great chemistry and I loved watching them come together.
Tess has had a hard upbringing and suffers from abandonment issues, I liked how patient and understanding Cole is and how determined he was to make her trust him.
Their road to happily ever after took a little time but they
dani
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
frankly, the first one was okay, nothing out of this world but guys,,, this one right HERE!!!! the chemistry between the main characters was utterly earth-shattering. their scenes were the perfect quantity of sexy, cute, funny and lovely.
it was aggravating at several parts, both of them had issues they needed to resolve for them to be together and they kept ignoring that they were mistaken yet when they came to their senses, it was all worth it.
easily, 4/5!!
Robyn
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
An entertaining but ultimately a little too light romance - I liked elements but felt it could have been developed further.
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
Oct 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 stars. Awk-weird was a cute read! This is Tess and Cole's story. Tess is a quirky, awkward, trivia-buff who owns a flower shop and who meets Cole at her good friend's wedding. Cole is a pro hockey player and has recently broken up with his on again-off again girlfriend (again). The two meet and have a sexy one night stand, but neither think anything will come of it. Fate has other plans when Tessa finds out she is pregnant. When her apartment floods soon after, she moves in with Cole while i ...more
Candyce Kirk
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my first Avery Flynn book, but it definitely won't be my last!! Awk-weird is such a sweet and heartwarming story. Once I started reading I couldn't stop and I have to say even though I loved Tess and Cole, Khan the cat has earned a special place in my heart, haha.

A story where two people meet, sleep together and the woman ends up pregnant could turn out really cheesy, but this one was a lot of fun. Tess grew up with her mother who ended up leaving her with relatives when som
Melinda
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awk-Weird by Avery Flynn
4.5*

This book was hilariously awkward and delightfully weird with characters you cannot help but fall in love with.

Tess is fact-spouting florist who has not had the most fantastic of relationships with her family. She’s made her own family with a close knit group of friends but even then, she’s waiting for the other shoe to drop, for them to leave. After all, in Tess’s world, no one ever sticks around and everything and everyone are temporary.

Cole is not a fan of chan
Jenn
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been waiting for this book for a month and it was worth it

My biggest complaint is Marti isn't involved in the resolution because it seemed to me like the two of them really needed to have a talk. All these people, these outside factors who influenced the quirks Tess and Cole have weren't brought in at all to resolve them so the issues seem unfinished to me. They're still hiding, they just hiding with each other now.

That said both characters do undergo some character growth and then
Kim
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Tess Gardner is the girl who tries to be invisible. She is awkward, shy, quirky, and highly intelligent. She has watched all her friends fall in love and she is the lone single girl, but she has a long history of being left behind.

Cole Phillips is hot on and off the ice, but his long term on again off again relationship is now back off. He is smart, a bit rigid, and hates change. He lives a perfectly ritualistic and orderly life and he thinks it will all be the same again once his ex returns.

An alcohol-t
Carol***BeautyandtheBeastlyBooks
***ARC received in exchange of an honest opinion***

Although I have other books by Avery Flynn on my TBR list, this is the first one I've read and I must say it won't be the last, because I really liked her writing!

Awk-weird is the kind of rom-com book I love and add to that the fact the hero is a hockey player and we have a winner (I love hockey players on books). The writing was good, the banter was on point, just like the humor, and everything flowed so well!

Isha Coleman
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Avery Flynn has been a go to author of mine for years. Awk-Weird proved to be the perfect example of why. Tess and Cole are adorkably, unique. She's has an analytical mind that tends to overshadow her soft heart. He has all the right move to steal a girl's heart, breath and everything in between. Tess is the girl that guys tend to overlook until surprise, the one guy she never expected shakes up her world in ways that have lasting results. Flynn brings her sassy wit and feel good formula to a te ...more
Kelly Wuyscik
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading Parental Guidance, which I liked but didn't love, I entered this book hesitantly. Within two chapters, any doubts I had about this book were erased, and I found myself inhaling every interaction and thought brought about by Tess and Cole. Most of the time, an awkward heroine is cute but annoying, and it gets old about halfway through the book. For some reason though, Avery Flynn NAILED it with Tess. She was quirky, but relatable, and definitely 100% loveable and hilarious. Cole was ...more

• The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Kiss Me, #2)
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Truly Yours: Mason & Sophie, #2 (Roommate Duet, #4)
  • Hated You Then (Love Hurts, #1)
  • Dr. Dan
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Neat (Becker Brothers, #2)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Finn (Anderson Billionaires, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • The Love Trap (Quicksilver #3)
  • Dreams of 18
  • Knox (Chicago Blaze, #4)
  • In It to Win It (Wynn Hockey, #2)
  • The Hardest Hit
  • Kiss Me Not (Kiss Me, #1)

Ice Knights (3 books)
  • Parental Guidance (Ice Knights, #1)
  • Loud Mouth (Ice Knights, #3)
“that’s modern living; we create the world we want to inhabit.” 1 likes
“Do you play bar trivia?” Cole asked. “You really need to join a league. Maybe we should start one. Between the two of us, we’re better than Wikipedia.” 0 likes