Start by marking “A Perfect Match” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Match

A Perfect Match (Emma Hamilton #2)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  658 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
After two years of being deafened by the ticktock of her biological clock and tormented by Mother Nature's refusal to grant her a baby, Emma Hamilton decides to go for the instant solution: finding a Russian baby in need of a home. But Emma hasn't reckoned on the route to adoption being so complicated.

Between proving that she's fit to be a mother (by inventing an unblemis
Published 2005 by Penguin Books

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Match, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Match

Tonya
This is the second book I've read by Sinead Moriarty and I've enjoyed it just as much as the first. The first book in the series, The Baby Trail, introduced us to James and Emma. This book takes up where the first left off, after two years of being unable to become pregnant James and Emma begin the process of international adoption. The process involves both laughter and tears. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a great chick lit novel! This could be read as a stand alone as well, t ...more
Fionnuala M
Sep 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the baby trilogy which deals with the trials and tribulations of foreign adoption and like its other counterparts is witty and brilliantly written.
Sweta Shrestha
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
all good things to those who wait.....well the saying's true I guess!! :')
dramatic but heart touching!! :D :D
Linda Riordan
Mar 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Best of the lot, so funny i nearly wet myself a book that can make you laugh so hard and out loud on public transport is one to read.
Linda
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great little story. I laughed out loud quite a bit, a refreshing read.
Jan 21, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Adoption. Nice. It was in the new novels section at the Library.
Susan
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this book about the adoption process!
Renee
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful, fun book. I highly recommend Sinead Moriarty's books.
Lobo
Apr 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Devon
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
In Sinead Moriarty's follow up to 'THE BABY TRAIL' Emma and James, a couple who have tried for years to have a baby with no success have decided to adopt. Going the international route they decide to adopt a Russian child, but deciding on what country to adopt from is the easiest part of this process! Emma and James go through extensive background checks, parenting classes and a wait list the size of Russia itself all to get the child that they have dreamed about but will this child be the right ...more
Helene Harrison
Review - I think that A Perfect Match was better than The Baby Trail because it just got into the action faster. I think that's always a risk with first books in a series - they spend too long setting the scene. The humour was better in this book and more cleverly wound into the overall storyline. I felt that A Perfect Match was quite a humorous way to show how people overcome obstacles in the way of an adoption. It worked really really well, which I was surprised by. The characters seemed more ...more
Gitu
Jul 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I had just finished reading "A Perfect Match" last week. The beginning of the book started out slow but none-the-less was extremely entertaining. Jess, Emma, and Lucy have such an amazing and relatable friendship, lets not forget hilarious stories to tell when they see each other. I wish there was more drama and romance. But I can definitely see how original the story line was. It is not something I would always read. Not only was Emma's life story beautifully written but Sean's story with marry ...more
Joanna Paula Cailas
Sequel to The Baby Trail. More on the chaotic and charming characters that are the Burkes and Hamiltons and their friends. Emma and James are adopting, Babs is getting a nose job, Mrs Burke is afraid Sean's Iranian girlfriend Shadee would imprison him in Iran... I love Sinead's sense of humor. I would have graded this FOUR stars, except I didn't appreciate the misspelling, 'Philippino', and in the same paragraph, a supposedly beer-drinking Philippino maid. Highly unlikely. Please. Filipinas hate ...more
Molly
Mar 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
In this sequel to The Baby Trail, Emma and James have given up on fertility treatments and have decided to pursue adoption. This book chronicles their trials and tribulations as they go through the process.

I liked this book a bit more than the other two Emma and James books that I have read. I really liked how they seemed to band together through all their difficulties, it was very sweet. I did think the book made adoption seem much simpler than it actually is, but this can be forgiven. The book
Karen
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read this book-- actually the entire series-- several times-- and each time I do I laugh out loud with tears in my eyes! Emma and James are one of my favorite fictional couples!!!

This story-line journey's with the couple through their adoption process and I felt it truly captured the highs and lows of the process well (I've been through the adoption process twice and could completely relate to this.) it's a realistic look at how long, invasive and tedious it can be-- but it's told with h
Elena
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, humor
I really love Emma the over the top, impatient protagonist. She reminds me of a combination of myself and one of my besties. We follow Emma and her husband through the procedures for an international Russian adoption (which is very intriguing now that those adoptions are soon no longer going to be allowed). This book was funnier than the first, and featured Emma's zany family a lot, and you had to appreciate their charms. I'm looking forward to reading the last book in the trilogy.
Jirinka (sony08)
Sep 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2011
10/10
I just love her books. This is the second in the Hamilton trilogy. In the first book we saw Emma and James trying for baby, going through all the treatments and in this book they are going through the process of adoption. We also continue the lives of Emma'a best friends Lucy and Jess and James's best friend Donal and all the rugby stuff around them.

It's funny, true, sad and happy book. Very easy to read and it leaves a smile on your face when you finish it.
Angela
Apr 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit
This second installment of the baby trail series was as entertaining as the first. All of the lovable characters return along with the lovable but neurotic Emma Hamilton. This time she's taking a different route to motherhood that is as entertaining as the last. I loved this book as much as the first, and immediately started searching for the 3rd book.
Moon Love
Sep 18, 2011 rated it liked it
A nice read. It was interesting to read about the hurdles a couple hoping to adopt have to go through. The characters were very likable and there were some "What!?" moments, but overall it was an enjoyable book. I'm tempted to check out more by Sinead Moriarty!
Danielle Dent
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
julie simcock
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious!!!

Hilarious!!!

A fantastic light hearted feel good read for ladies of all ages!! the only off putting thing is the dodgy spellings. Far too many and unnecessary punctuation. Needs correcting.
JillRock
Sep 26, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: any woman dealing with infertility -- or trying to understand what it is like
This book is chick-lit at its best. Sinead Moriarty took a heavy topic -- adopting after dealing with infertility -- and added humor and colorful characters. And when it comes to understanding the emotions that accompany infertility, she simply nailed it.
Joan
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
was a good read with an ending that makes you want to read the follow up book
Tania Easton
Jul 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
The last one, the 3 books were a fantastic read.
Jackie Mceachern
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another hit by Moriarty for me. As always, I bonded deeply with the characters and miss them so much when the book is finished! It was a good, light summer read for me.
Suzy
Aug 03, 2014 added it
The Baby Trail and the sequel here were such page turners! She now has 1 more book in the series! Can't wait to read that one!
Jane
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite enjoyable. A few laugh out loud moments!
Nisha D'lima
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
another gem
Em
Nov 28, 2010 rated it liked it
pretty decent for a chick lit book, the characters and situations are fun, it made for a perfect esay read on the train
Coda
Mar 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
A continuation of "The Baby Trail". Another light read but I actually liked this one a lot better. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
  • Sleepless Nights
  • It's a Vet's Life (Talyton St George, #4)
  • Notes From The Underbelly
  • The Ex-Boyfriend's Handbook (Ed & Dan, #1)
  • Chianti Souls
  • Dangled Carat
  • The Playgroup
  • Gucci Gucci Coo
  • One Big Beautiful Thing
  • The Seven Year Itch (Jack & Amy, #3)
Sinéad was born and raised in Dublin where she grew up surrounded by books. Her mother is an author of children’s books. Growing up, Sinead says she was inspired by watching her mother writing at the kitchen table and then being published. From that moment on, her childhood dream was to write a novel.

After university, she went to live in Paris and then London. It was at the age of thirty, while wo

Emma Hamilton (4 books)

• The Falls (P.S.)
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pieces
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Held Captive (A Lone Star Hero's Love Story)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Girl Who Came Home
    $11.99 $1.99
  • When Jesus Wept (The Jerusalem Chronicles, #1)
  • The Man He Never Was: A Modern Reimagining of Jekyll and Hyde
  • The Bookshop
  • I Hate Everyone But You
  • With Shuddering Fall
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)
  • 223 Orchard Street
  • No One Is Coming to Save Us
  • Brief Encounters with Che Guevara: Stories
    $9.24 $1.99
  • Small Great Things
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Archer's Tale (The Grail Quest, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Glittering Images (Starbridge, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreaming in Cuban
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Hush (Just This Once, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Anywhere but Here (Vintage Contemporaries)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Sweet By and By
    $9.74 $1.99
  • George
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hangman's Curse (Veritas Project, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99