Start by marking “Carpool (Milford College, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carpool (Milford College, #1)

Carpool

(Milford College #1)

The last thing I want is to share a forty-five minute commute with the most obnoxious (and attractive) man I know. But I can't afford a new transmission right now, so I'm stuck with Marcus for at least a month.

He promises to be good, but Marcus Greene is never good. And I'm not sure how long I can resist him.

Carpool is the first book in the Milford College series about
Published July 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Carpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carpool

Start your review of Carpool (Milford College, #1)
Carvanz
This was so cute and fun with a low angst undercurrent to it. Who ever thought that carpooling could be so sexy?

When Jennifer’s car is in for repairs, she asks Marcus, the one person she’s always tried to avoid, if she can carpool with him to work. As the only two people in their small town that work 45 minutes away in Milford, she’s desperate for him to agree. Their relationship starts off awkward, sometimes frustrating, and definitely aggravating, but quickly changes to something deeper as the
Jen
3.75 Stars

I’ve never liked myself as much as I like myself with you.

When you pick up a Noelle Adams book, you pretty much know what you’re going to get from the beginning; A short, sweet and entertaining read with just a hint of the feels, all wrapped up in a sexy little bow. As luck would have it, Carpool doesn’t deviate much from that formula.

Jennifer, neighbor to Marcus and good girl extraordinaire (if one can still be called that at thirty), finds herself without a vehicle for the foreseeabl
Dilushani Jayalath
I guess I am over romances that have no whatsoever plot except two people just falling in love, especially insta-love and also I feel like I am over novellas. Those with the romance element seem a bit too over the top. At least this was stretched over a period of month and then epilogue was also after three months so it was not at least just few days. Still, I think I rather spend my time on full novels. Despite that I am sure I shall be reading a NA romance very soon when I am bored. Till then ...more
Coco.V
Jan 15, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/15/2020)! 🎁
Christy Bailleul
Feb 22, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction
Okay, I have no idea why I even finished this except to say that I hate leaving a story unfinished. Also, I’m utterly optimistic. I wasn’t expecting a lot because it’s just a cheesy romance but I wanted to have deeper characters that were interesting. That would have made the romance make more of an impact. Very little plot or character development. Kind of the basics for any story so that’s too bad. Oh well. I read it. I didn’t enjoy it.
Anna
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to author for providing this copy through Netgalley

2,75 stars
So, "bad boy" Vs "good girl".
I was angry with Jennifer, the heroine, through all the book: she was "good girl' (really?? ), judgmental, coward, annoying, insecure, she was angry that their little community knew about their relationship and wanted to hold it in secret, like she was ashamed of hero... Didn't like her!

Hero was a good man: caring, vulnerable, supportive , not at all alpha, I really missed a bit of alpha in him, I'd
Paula  Phillips
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it

Growing up in a small town, you get to know your neighbors and the kids around you. You also grow up knowing which ones are good and the ones to avoid. For Jennifer, growing up she always had a thing for Marcus Greene. The thing though Marcus was a bad boy and one of those bad seeds that her grandmother and others warned her not to get involved with. As they grew older, she watched him from a distance as she loved him but knew she could never be with him. Now they are both older and working at t
Mara
Sep 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned
I'm jazzed about the setting for this series-- a solid contemporary with this one, and excited to get to the next one ...more
Clau
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
The plot sounded really interesting... but the characters felt really plain. I just didn't see them "getting to know each other", nor falling in love. It could have been much better. ...more
MissKitty
Jan 24, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maggie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
Carpool was a light and sweet read that I truly enjoyed.  In a small town filled where everyone knows everyone’s business, I totally understand the misconception the good girl Jennifer had on the bad boy Marcus.  I was pleased to see Marcus and Jennifer get to know each other and see the real person past the small town gossips and rumors.  They had great chemistry and I liked their banters.  Jennifer’s friend Beck was a delight and I’m looking forward to her book next.

I voluntarily reviewed
Stephanie
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. Jennifer frustrated me sometimes, but I did ship her and Marcus. I liked the small town setting and would've liked to have seen even more of that. Overall, this was a cute romance. I got it as a free e-book deal and I'm not sure if it's still available for free, but definitely worth checking into if you're a Romance reader. ...more
PP's Bookshelf
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carpool by Noelle Adams was an amazing opposites-attract and a bit of enemies-to-lovers romance. It was emotional, it was sexy and it was engaging from first page.

Jennifer is the good girl with a spotless reputation in the small town. Working in Milford College, taking care of her Grandmother, religiously living a practically boring life. She has deliberately stayed away from Marcus, town's bad boy with a troubled youth and playboy reputation. No matter how responsible and settled he is, his nam
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of this book before release for an honest review.

This a short novella that is very sweet and very HOT!!! It stars good girl Jennifer and Marcus who is the bad boy. They have both grown up in a small town and both ended up working at the same college, Milford College.

This story is 100% from only Jennifer's side and that's my only complaint about it. I wanted to know Marcus' thoughts but we never hear his side. Jen's car breaks down and she is forced to hitch a ride with M
Rainelle
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my my my my my my. This is the kind of car pool I definitely want to sign up for. You know that I’m right ladies. Do not deny it. I loved this book.
I was delighted to see how the writer built up the relationship between these two characters (Jennifer and Marcus). There was no instant hit the sheets wam bam thank you ma’am writing. This book had great thought and respect to the word romance.
It was steamy. It was romantic. It was soft and it was gentle, except in the back of the truck.
And it
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The last thing that Jennifer wanted was to ask the local bad boy teen turned bad-tude adult for a ride. Let alone share a forty-five minute drive to their job location. She had no choice. She just was not expected to make a friends and find the true man under the exterior of the boy he had been and the man that others see as now.

Perceptions change during the time Jennifer and Marcus spend on their five-day a week commute to Milford College. Understanding unfolds. Truths are discovered. A friends
Ariadna Basulto
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb for Carpool by Noelle Adams it seemed like a fun and flirty read and that’s exactly what I got. It was sexy and easy on the angst and the perfect story to curl up with for a quick read.

Jennifer’s car breaks down leaving her without transportation to her job. As luck would have it her neighbor Marcus, town bad-boy, is also an employee at the college where she works. So they reluctantly agree to carpool to work together.

Their attraction quickly begins to grow and unspoken c
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Carpool by Noelle Adams is book One in the Milford College Series. This is the story of Marcus and Jennifer. Marcus and Jennifer are neighbors who also work together which leads to Marcus offering her a ride to work each day until her car is fixed. Jennifer felt she knows him and has him pinned as a certain person but during the car rids she start to see that he is more than she thought.
I enjoyed this this quick easy read!
Cindy
This novella was a fun, light-hearted read. Marcus was a “bad boy” in high school, but now he’s the head of facilities at the local college. Jennifer is a barely getting by financial aid worker at the same college. She lives out in the country to be close to her grandmother who’s in a nursing home. When her car ends up needing repairs, she finds herself carpooling with Marcus - the only person who travels the same route. It’s a set up for a bunch of comic situations as these former antagonists c ...more
Book Him Danno
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
For those who love romance with characters with love hate relationship. Quite fast summer read that once it is finished you had a feel good moment to a long day. The story is nothing new and honestly it just what it appears to be.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of Noelle Adams Carpool
2kasmom
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college, neighbors
Jennifer has basically grown up in the same small town as Marcus. When her grandmother warns her to stay away from him - she takes it seriously. She takes everything seriously.

Marcus is completely shocked when the woman of his dreams asks him for a favor. As they get to know one another by carpooling to and from work, they are surprised to find common ground. Now if he could just convince her to give him a shot......

Such an amazing and sexy book. Felt like I was right there feeling the emotions
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is my first book by Noelle Adams and I devoured it in one sitting. The plot was so well thought out and well written that I simply couldn’t put it down.

I just loved the slow burn between Jennifer and Marcus. They smouldered their way into my heart and made me fall in love with both of them. These two have grown up as neighbours but, bad boy, Marcus was never an option for good girl Jennifer. Who says a good girl can’t have a bad boy? I loved how they teased me and I watched as they got clo
Heather andrews
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus doesn't like the word no, “I’m going to pick you up. No arguments.” The man has no boundaries, “are you dating anyone?” he asks without transition or warning." I loved this book, I fell in love with Marcus. ...more
Maree Repa
Jul 16, 2019 rated it did not like it
Five Amazing Stars

The Journey

I was absolutely thrilled to now read book one, Milford College. Written by the amazing Noelle Adams. Such an exciting romantic twist of the contemporary world of today. This is one book I simply could not put down.

This novel grabs you from the the very start. Love to hate you characters who are going be travelling to college

I completely loved and adored this marvellous tale. Such an exciting and a magnificent romance too. This is truely a magnificent novel for these
Hopeless Romantic Chick
Straight and simple

One of the things i like a lot in all of Noelle's story is that its mostly simple and straight to the point. I enjoyed the very relatable story of Jennifer and Marcus both from a small town who grew up in the same neighborhood. Had not so good impression of each other but fate gave them the chance to be together until they fell in love. Even the intimate moments are in good taste. Well done!
Beanimous
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a pleasure, as always.
Sandy S
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 17, 2019

Carpool is the first book in the Milford College series about the faculty and staff of a small liberal arts college

••••••••••

REVIW: 3.
Becky
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 7/18/19.

Oh my goodness, this was just adorable!

I loved Jennifer and Marcus's story. Told in single POV, first person (Jennifer's POV), it's an enemies-to-lovers, slow burn, sweet and sexy, angsty but but not OTT about it, tale.

Jennifer's known Marcus forever--and disapproved of him from the very first minute of their acquaintance. He's the town bad boy to her (extremely) good girl. She's never hidden how she's felt about him--heck, no one in town has--and
Lilly Charysma
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for something fun, quick, relaxing and with all the sparks and flames of a romance, this is the book for you! In my case, it could not have been a better time to read it and that is why I enjoyed it so much!

Jennifer has lived the life of a small towner. She has known Marcus all her life and has done all in her power to avoid him. He was the bad boy of her childhood, the bully, the perfect example of the man she did not want to have next to her. Adulthood has other plans un
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
You learn a lot about a person when you’re stuck in a car with them day after day - even if you think you already know everything there is to know about them to begin with. That’s the premise behind Carpool, a sweet and steamy novella about two neighbors who have known each other for much of their lives but don’t really see each other completely until they are forced to carpool to work. The story follows Jennifer, a good girl who was warned to stay away from bad boy Marcus in her teens. He seems ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Be with Me (All I Want, #2)
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)
  • The Boyfriend Experience
  • Too Dangerous (The Lewis Cousins, #5)
  • Falling for Mr. Wrong Series: Books 1 - 3
  • Once a Hero (Band of Brothers #2)
  • Heartthrob (American Royalty #1)
  • An Impossible Attraction (The Cavallo Brothers Book 1)
  • A Recipe for Romance (Marietta St. Claire's Series, #1)
  • Crazy For You (Last Frontier Lodge, #8)
  • Taming the Troublemaker (Hills of Texas, #3)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • Overdue for Love (Long Valley, #3.5)
  • Nothing But This (Broken Pieces, #2)
  • Devlin (7 Brides for 7 Blackthornes, #1)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western Book 3)
  • Trust in Me (All I Want, #4)
  • On the Edge (Blue Spruce Lodge, #1)
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

Milford College (5 books)
  • Office Mate (Milford College, #2)
  • Single Dad (Milford College, #3)
  • Secret Santa (Milford College, #4)
  • Temp (Milford College, #5)

News & Interviews