Start by marking “Carpool (Milford College, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carpool (Milford College, #1)

Carpool

(Milford College #1)

The last thing I want is to share a forty-five minute commute with the most obnoxious (and attractive) man I know. But I can't afford a new transmission right now, so I'm stuck with Marcus for at least a month.

He promises to be good, but Marcus Greene is never good. And I'm not sure how long I can resist him.

Carpool is the first book in the Milford College series about t
Published July 17th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Carpool, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carpool

Carvanz
This was so cute and fun with a low angst undercurrent to it. Who ever thought that carpooling could be so sexy?

When Jennifer’s car is in for repairs, she asks Marcus, the one person she’s always tried to avoid, if she can carpool with him to work. As the only two people in their small town that work 45 minutes away in Milford, she’s desperate for him to agree. Their relationship starts off awkward, sometimes frustrating, and definitely aggravating, but quickly changes to something deeper as the
Jen
3.75 Stars

I’ve never liked myself as much as I like myself with you.

When you pick up a Noelle Adams book, you pretty much know what you’re going to get from the beginning; A short, sweet and entertaining read with just a hint of the feels, all wrapped up in a sexy little bow. As luck would have it, Carpool doesn’t deviate much from that formula.

Jennifer, neighbor to Marcus and good girl extraordinaire (if one can still be called that at thirty), finds herself without a vehicle for the foreseeabl
Paula  Phillips
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it

Growing up in a small town, you get to know your neighbors and the kids around you. You also grow up knowing which ones are good and the ones to avoid. For Jennifer, growing up she always had a thing for Marcus Greene. The thing though Marcus was a bad boy and one of those bad seeds that her grandmother and others warned her not to get involved with. As they grew older, she watched him from a distance as she loved him but knew she could never be with him. Now they are both older and working at t
Anna
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Thanks to author for providing this copy through Netgalley

2,75 stars
So, "bad boy" Vs "good girl".
I was angry with Jennifer, the heroine, through all the book: she was "good girl' (really?? ), judgmental, coward, annoying, insecure, she was angry that their little community knew about their relationship and wanted to hold it in secret, like she was ashamed of hero... Didn't like her!

Hero was a good man: caring, vulnerable, supportive , not at all alpha, I really missed a bit of alpha in him, I'd
Maggie
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-read
Carpool was a light and sweet read that I truly enjoyed.  In a small town filled where everyone knows everyone’s business, I totally understand the misconception the good girl Jennifer had on the bad boy Marcus.  I was pleased to see Marcus and Jennifer get to know each other and see the real person past the small town gossips and rumors.  They had great chemistry and I liked their banters.  Jennifer’s friend Beck was a delight and I’m looking forward to her book next.

I voluntarily reviewed an
PP's Bookshelf
Jul 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carpool by Noelle Adams was an amazing opposites-attract and a bit of enemies-to-lovers romance. It was emotional, it was sexy and it was engaging from first page.

Jennifer is the good girl with a spotless reputation in the small town. Working in Milford College, taking care of her Grandmother, religiously living a practically boring life. She has deliberately stayed away from Marcus, town's bad boy with a troubled youth and playboy reputation. No matter how responsible and settled he is, his nam
Maree Repa
Jul 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five Amazing Stars

The Journey

I was absolutely thrilled to now read book one, Milford College. Written by the amazing Noelle Adams. Such an exciting romantic twist of the contemporary world of today. This is one book I simply could not put down.

This novel grabs you from the the very start. Love to hate you characters who are going be travelling to college

I completely loved and adored this marvellous tale. Such an exciting and a magnificent romance too. This is truely a magnificent novel for these
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of this book before release for an honest review.

This a short novella that is very sweet and very HOT!!! It stars good girl Jennifer and Marcus who is the bad boy. They have both grown up in a small town and both ended up working at the same college, Milford College.

This story is 100% from only Jennifer's side and that's my only complaint about it. I wanted to know Marcus' thoughts but we never hear his side. Jen's car breaks down and she is forced to hitch a ride with M
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
The last thing that Jennifer wanted was to ask the local bad boy teen turned bad-tude adult for a ride. Let alone share a forty-five minute drive to their job location. She had no choice. She just was not expected to make a friends and find the true man under the exterior of the boy he had been and the man that others see as now.

Perceptions change during the time Jennifer and Marcus spend on their five-day a week commute to Milford College. Understanding unfolds. Truths are discovered. A friends
Ariadna Basulto
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I read the blurb for Carpool by Noelle Adams it seemed like a fun and flirty read and that’s exactly what I got. It was sexy and easy on the angst and the perfect story to curl up with for a quick read.

Jennifer’s car breaks down leaving her without transportation to her job. As luck would have it her neighbor Marcus, town bad-boy, is also an employee at the college where she works. So they reluctantly agree to carpool to work together.

Their attraction quickly begins to grow and unspoken c
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Carpool by Noelle Adams is book One in the Milford College Series. This is the story of Marcus and Jennifer. Marcus and Jennifer are neighbors who also work together which leads to Marcus offering her a ride to work each day until her car is fixed. Jennifer felt she knows him and has him pinned as a certain person but during the car rids she start to see that he is more than she thought.
I enjoyed this this quick easy read!
Book Him Danno
Jul 15, 2019 rated it liked it
For those who love romance with characters with love hate relationship. Quite fast summer read that once it is finished you had a feel good moment to a long day. The story is nothing new and honestly it just what it appears to be.
Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of Noelle Adams Carpool
2kasmom
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: college, neighbors
Jennifer has basically grown up in the same small town as Marcus. When her grandmother warns her to stay away from him - she takes it seriously. She takes everything seriously.

Marcus is completely shocked when the woman of his dreams asks him for a favor. As they get to know one another by carpooling to and from work, they are surprised to find common ground. Now if he could just convince her to give him a shot......

Such an amazing and sexy book. Felt like I was right there feeling the emotions
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is my first book by Noelle Adams and I devoured it in one sitting. The plot was so well thought out and well written that I simply couldn’t put it down.

I just loved the slow burn between Jennifer and Marcus. They smouldered their way into my heart and made me fall in love with both of them. These two have grown up as neighbours but, bad boy, Marcus was never an option for good girl Jennifer. Who says a good girl can’t have a bad boy? I loved how they teased me and I watched as they got clo
Heather andrews
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus doesn't like the word no, “I’m going to pick you up. No arguments.” The man has no boundaries, “are you dating anyone?” he asks without transition or warning." I loved this book, I fell in love with Marcus.
Sandy S
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date July 17, 2019

Carpool is the first book in the Milford College series about the faculty and staff of a small liberal arts college

••••••••••

REVIW: 3.
Becky
Shelves: arc, contemporary
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 7/18/19.

Oh my goodness, this was just adorable!

I loved Jennifer and Marcus's story. Told in single POV, first person (Jennifer's POV), it's an enemies-to-lovers, slow burn, sweet and sexy, angsty but but not OTT about it, tale.

Jennifer's known Marcus forever--and disapproved of him from the very first minute of their acquaintance. He's the town bad boy to her (extremely) good girl. She's never hidden how she's felt about him--heck, no one in town has--and
Lilly Charysma
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are in the mood for something fun, quick, relaxing and with all the sparks and flames of a romance, this is the book for you! In my case, it could not have been a better time to read it and that is why I enjoyed it so much!

Jennifer has lived the life of a small towner. She has known Marcus all her life and has done all in her power to avoid him. He was the bad boy of her childhood, the bully, the perfect example of the man she did not want to have next to her. Adulthood has other plans un
Jeeves
Jul 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
You learn a lot about a person when you’re stuck in a car with them day after day - even if you think you already know everything there is to know about them to begin with. That’s the premise behind Carpool, a sweet and steamy novella about two neighbors who have known each other for much of their lives but don’t really see each other completely until they are forced to carpool to work. The story follows Jennifer, a good girl who was warned to stay away from bad boy Marcus in her teens. He seems ...more
Suzanne
Jul 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marcus Greene is the small town bad boy, who as a teenage was the rebel of the family, stay out all night, drank, was seen with plenty of girls. He is older now, lives on family farm to help his aging parents take care of the place. He is a good job, but people still see him as the bad boy, maybe because all he does is work, date ocassionally and is not very social within the community.

Jennifer grew up next door to the Greene family farm. She was raised by her grandmother and was warned very ea
Anita Byars
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sweet With Some Heat! What a charming, warm, sexy gem of a story, that was filled with animosity, lust, and need and so much emotion and love. This story pulled me in and didn’t let go until the last page.

The characters, are incredibly sweet together and I loved their chemistry. I was expecting this player of a man with Marcus but who I got was so incredibly kind and generous. But he is stuck in this small town where no one wanted to forget his past mistakes and his bad boy reputation. I liked
Tiffany Readz
Excellent, Quick Read!

After taking a quick look-see at Noelle Adams books, I noticed this was the first I have read by her and what a way to get to know her writing, as Carpool was a great read.

This was the perfect bad boy, good girl combination. Granted, they are both in thier thirties and the stigmas should be worn off by now, but in a small town everybody's always talking. Most of it is about how bad Marcus Greene is/was. Jennifer is a few years younger than Marcus and knows just what she's h
Brianne
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'll be honest at first I couldn't remember why I was so intrigued or wanted to read this book and it wasn't until Chapter 3 that I realized that I was really enjoying this book. I am so happy that I took a chance to read Carpool by Noelle Adams as I was pleasantly surprised. I even said to myself after I finished the book, "That book made my heart smile." It was such a refreshing surprise and so different from the other books that I have read in the last few weeks.

I loved the characters - Marcu
Christine C
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun, quick read. It's a single POV story, told from Jennifer's perspective. Jennifer's transmission is broken, and since all of her extra money goes to her grandmother's nursing home, she can't afford to have it fixed so the mechanic is working on it in his spare time. She lives in her small hometown, though, 45 minutes from the college where she works. Marcus also lives in the town and works at the same college so it makes sense for them to carpool.

I did like how the long commutes f
Sunny Shelly Reads
I have mixed feelings about Carpool. It's supposed to be a bad boy/good girl novella, but I didn't think that Marcus was all that bad of a guy. And for a "good girl," Jennifer sure was a Judgey McJudgerson.

Poor Marcus has a rep around town as a bad boy rebel, probably because he's a brooding dark kind of guy. I found him to be rather sweet and quite a gentleman. Jennifer, on the other hand, was brash, quick to judge and take the townsfolks' opinions as gospel when it came to him. As they carpoo
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This short book shows you that it is wrong to have misconceptions of people and that they can change. I enjoyed reading this book, the author did a great job of laying out the story, the characters, the lust, and then romance.

Jennifer and Marcus have known each other since they were young. She was the goody two shoes and he was the bad boy. Now years later Jennifer still sees Marcus as the bad boy and he still sees her just as a goody two shoes, right?

Jennifer's car breaks down and Marcus is the
Katie
Carpool
By Noelle Adams
4 stars
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction Book Blog

Overall I thought that Carpool was a good read, it was really down to earth, light hearted and easy to get into. This is the first book that I have read by this author and I think I would definitely like to explore more of her work in the future.
I thought the storyline was unique and I haven’t read anything like it previously, I actually liked that there wasn’t much angst in the book. I think sometimes it is nice j
Sofia Lazaridou
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Carpool is the first novel in the Milford College series by Noelle Adams. The main characters are Jennifer whose name I keep forgetting and Marcus. She grew up been the good girl who was always warned about the bad boy aka Marcus. He changed over the years, but she doesn't know that. At least not in the beginning when she is forced to ask him if she can carpool since her own car needs to be fixed. The get to know each other and the rest is for you to find out.

I would have like a lengthier novel.
Nikki Reeves
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I love Noelle’s books, and I have to say this one is by far my favorite. What started off as a short-term carpool ride between Jennifer and Marcus, quickly turned into so much more that neither saw coming.

I really liked Jennifer right away, but she had a few quirks about her, like letting everyone in town per sway the way she looked at Marcus Greene. Now, it took me a little longer to warm up to Marcus, but let me just say, never judge a book by it’s cover. He may seem like a typical bad boy,
Sarah Peters
Jul 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
When good girl Jennifer’s car breaks down, she has no choice but to ask Marcus, her nearest neighbor and hottie bad boy from her childhood, if she can carpool with him to their jobs at small Milford College nearly an hour away. Growing up, her grandmother warned her away from him, and she’s always felt that he treats her with disdain, so the thought of having to spend so much time with him over several weeks fills her with dread. Is it because she doesn’t trust he’ll behave or that she really do ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn't stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many yea

Milford College (3 books)
  • Office Mate (Milford College, #2)
  • Single Dad (Milford College, #3)