Start by marking “Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza” as Want to Read:
Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza

Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza

In 1987, former U.S. Marine sniper Craig Roberts, a seasoned veteran of the Vietnam war, stood for the first time at the 6th floor "Sniper's Nest" window of the Texas School Book Depository. As he looked down into what the U.S. government maintains was the kill zone used by Lee Harvey Oswald, he immediately knew that the Warren Commission's verdict - that Oswald, acting al ...more
Published January 1st 1994 by Consolidated Pr Intl

To ask other readers questions about Kill Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Zone

Start your review of Kill Zone: A Sniper Looks at Dealey Plaza
Randy Bragge
May 27, 2015 rated it did not like it
Roberts describes the scene from the TSBD; making many errors. He describes Houston street as perpendicular to the wall (east wall?) of the TSBD and claims it runs directly to the window just to the right of the one LHO allegedly used to shoot from. Actually Houston street does run perpendicular to the south side wall of the TSBD but does not point directly towards the building at all, it passes the building to the east. He also calls Houston street his second choice as a zone of engagement.

He c
Robert
This is really an interesting book. The author has a number of wild theories about J.F.K....but does a pretty good job of showing inconsistencies in the 'official' story and raising doubts about all of the events surrounding the assassination (even back before the Bay of Pigs).

I don't necessarily believe all of his theories, but I came away with a far greater understanding of the facts of the situation. Something that the gov't and others have tried to blur and hide.

Well worth reading.
noel wells
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just about the best I've read on the subject. Read other books on the same subject but none went into such detail that ties it together in such a good manner.

I recommend this book to those who go along with the same belief that Oswald was the killer of Kennedy, which I never did believe because I saw the original film's. It was all so phony what the Warren commission put out if you saw the whole thing from the get go
Shane Barnett
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
I highly highly recommend this book. Not only is it well written, but it's eye-opening, descriptive, and thought provoking. Although you will definitely feel paranoid after reading, just like watching fight club, I still think it's a must read. Especially if you enjoy conspiracies.

5/5
Gary
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I purchased this book hoping it would do as author Craig Roberts promised: he would look at the JFK assassination site with a trained military sniper’s eye and give us a more nuanced and critical assessment that would help us understand how Oswald could not have done what he’s accused of doing.
Good premise, poor execution.
Roberts gave Dealey Plaza no more than a cursory glance, made a few comments on where the execution teams might have been located, thereby at least proving Oswald was innocent
Elliott
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
I don’t believe Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President Kennedy but there are good books and there are bad books on the Assassination and Craig Roberts has written a bad book. I’d say that this is a bad book in part because very little is his own work. He relies pretty heavily on Jim Marrs’ big government paranoia and interviews (although Jim Marrs did conduct a lot of very excellent interviews with witnesses his conclusions or suppositions are often embarrassing to read), Mark Lane ...more
Mike Boyer
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full of information

The author starts with Dealy Plaza, then delves into the development of the Power Elite and the financial entities that have affected world events since 1773 . He explains who they are , bankers, Foreign Relations Committee and other entities that developed over time and were so easily able to remove our elected leader. Great research, great information for anyone who feels things are amiss in our country and the world in general as the powers that are working behind the scene
Rita
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. It's interesting to hear something from an expert on snipers, guns, angles, etc. Everything he says makes more sense than the single bullet theory. His background in other areas bring out other interesting information such as the planes have a fin or not, trap doors to cargo hold, tail numbers being different for the different types of planes, helicopter beside plane which is not allowed, etc. Read it to get some different insights on why it would require more than one person to ...more
Steve
Nov 12, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The premise of the title of this book only covers a small part of the content of the book. While I don't dispute the contents of the book, I feel I was sold a bait and switch book. I was only interested in his analysis as a sniper of the ability of LHO to take and make the shots he is supposed to have taken to kill JFK.

The balance of the book is a great history lesson, but that is not what I was intending to purchase.
Foster Grant
Oct 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is SO much wrong with official explanations and investigations into the assassination of JFK that it's hard to know where to begin. This guy started at the very beginning, by looking out of the window of the book warehouse from where Lee Harvey Oswald (or someone) fired at JFK. As an army sniper he knew NO professional would ever choose that location for a single-shot kill, and therefore everything else that followed must have been a cover-up. ...more
KT
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was good. The premise seemed decently investigated, although there were times when the author glossed over exactly what sources were used for various hypothesis, and I appreciate the military approach to this particular subject matter. All in all, solid read and I plan to check out Roberts' other books. ...more
Cynthia T Cannon
Excellent narrative of a very convincing theory

According to what the author tells us, the comparison to the Lincoln assassination is anything but a coincidence. Basically the author tells us the explanation by the Warren Commission is not just wrong but impossible. The explanation of the monetary cabal also unfortunately seems to me be absolutely correct.
Stanley G Dau
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good way to remember Kennedy's assassination

The Kennedy assassination story just doesn't seem to hang together and this book explores the loose threads. If Roberts' theory is correct then this was the most pivotal event in US history.
Kevin
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
the hard veer into right-wing rothschild/NWO bullshit at the end really ruins it.
Don
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
Very Believable

This book and the subjects it covers is very interesting and both objectively and subjectively rings true..Recommended reading undoubtedly. The truth will out.
Harvey Smith
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another conspiracy book. Yes, but very well written, and logically presented about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

The data and evidence suggest that the assassination was not done by the lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald. It appears to have been organized and executed by the same team that was originally organized to assassinate Fidel Castro (which failed). It's well thought out, and logical that it was a coordinated effort, organized in such a way that there would be no talking abo
Jerry Hawkins
History lesson

The beginning of the book was as advertised, about Kennedy assassination. .
But he went on to give you a history lesson dating back as far as 1700. Informative but not to the point of Kill Zone.
Phillip Edgar
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eye Opener

I was in the 5th grade when Kennedy was murdered. At that age I didn't really understand what was going on. But the reactions of my parents stayed with me.
After a lot of reading on the assassination, I came to disbelieve the single shooter story more and more.
This book opened my eyes to the fact that there was no way one person did this. Also I have been somewhat untrusting of the government and after this book even more so.
I highly recommend this work.

susan w kuker
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well Researched

I have realized for some time there is a powerful few who manipulate our governments. It disturbs me to know
my vote and voice mean nothing. I don't rate books normally,but think everyone should be aware of this situation. We need to take the power back and to return it to the people. I think every American should read this book.
Barney
Kennedy conspiracy theory. Well written by former army sniper. Starts off book by showing that Oswald could not have done it alone, if at all.
Lisa
Jun 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Well, I've been introduced to a whole new batch of possible theories behind an event I thought I understood and knew to be true.
I guess its all about who you choose to believe?!
Yowza!
Kevin Hoffpauir
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spot on

This book gets a top notch rating. It's spot on on the one thing bigger than any one conspirator. The complex.
Sally Pitt
Anyone know how to shoot a rifle? 1 1 Jul 13, 2019 01:55PM

• The Men on the Sixth Floor
  • The Kennedy Conspiracy
  • A Ferrie Tale
  • 101 Indisputable Facts Proving Donald Trump Is An Idiot: A brief background of the most spectacularly unqualified person to ever occupy the White House.
  • Dear F*cking Moron: 101 More Rude Letters to Donald Trump
  • Stuka Pilot
  • Rage
  • Death Row: The Final Minutes: My life as an execution witness in America’s most infamous prison
  • Bigfoot Terror in the Woods: Sightings and Encounters, Volume 2
  • Why Gold? Why Now?: The War Against Your Wealth and How to Win It
  • Bigfoot Terror in the Woods: Sightings and Encounters
  • The Second Son
  • Six Days of the Condor
  • Hack Attack: How the Truth Caught Up with the World's Most Powerful Man
  • Call for the Dead (George Smiley #1)
  • The Organ Thieves: The Shocking Story of the First Heart Transplant in the Segregated South
  • The Wrestling Observer Yearbook '97: The Last Time WWF Was Number Two