Start by marking “Resurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #6)” as Want to Read:
Resurrection (Forgotten Realms:  War of the Spider Queen, #6)

Resurrection (The War of the Spider Queen #6)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  6,129 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
"Danifae Yauntyrr, former battle-captive of House Melarn, has come too far to stop now. She has regained her freedom after years of servitude, but has yet to exact her revenge. Though she has grown in both power and ambition, Danifae still needs to kill Halisstra Melarn. But how can she when she's followed by Quenthel and Pharaun into the heart of Lolth's reformed domain, ...more
Published February 7th 2006 by Wizards of the Coast (first published November 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Resurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrection

nikos
Φιναλε σε μια αρκετα καλη σειρα που διαδραματιζεται στον κοσμο των forgotten realms.Drow,δαιμονες κα ολα τα πλασματα του underdark σε μια σειρα που αξιζει να διαβαστει απο τους οπαδους των forgotten realms!!!!!!
David
Excellent ending of this 6-book series, each by a different author. Kemp is definitely one of the better ones as he managed to stay true to each of the characters, the plot, and the overall theme.

The story flows very smoothly from the start, building up tension, and picks up speed towards the end, shooting to a conclusion. The author has a flair with describing scenery and situations, and kudos to staying true to the characters, most especially Pharaun - back to why I really liked him in the fir
Steven Cole
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
That was a strong finish to the series. Yeah, the good guys really don't win, but we knew that was going to happen when the series started, so the bitter taste that leaves isn't as bad as it could be.

What I liked: strong battle scenes and evocative locations. The puzzle of Gromph Baenre trying to puzzle out the location of (and then destroy) the Lichdrow's phylactery was actually a lot of fun. The final battle of Pharun was exciting, and ingenious.

What I didn't like: Halisstra's fall was too abr
ML
Mar 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Interesting enougth, this book is better than the last two in the series. In the end, it closes to a Divine revelation, as we all expected, and suits just fine for us to known Lolth, the most infmaous deities in D&D. And the battle between the archmage for the ultimate destruction of the lichdrow is really interesting, even as it evolves in trhee books!
Loricious
Jan 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ending of this whole series frustrated me to the point that I was yelling before the last page.

Lolth would be pleased. If you "get" that, then this series is for you.
Brent
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Aerisabel
El esperado final de la saga resulta ser un libro mucho mas oscuro que los previos, lleno de situaciones, criaturas y escenarios salidos de una autentica pesadilla.

Me ha impactado mucho la escenografía, especialmente todo lo relacionado con Inthracis y su castillo.
Desconozco si éste personaje tiene una saga propia, pero lo que respecta al libro y después de haberle dedicado capitulos enteros a su presentación me ha parecido un personaje totalmente desaprovechado al que parece que solo tenian int
Tony
Jun 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: No one
1.5 stars, Resurrection is the long and drawn out conclusion to the War of the Spider Queen, the constant fussing of the lead characters finally comes to an end.

It saddens me to have to give this novel such a poor rating, as I know that R.A. Salvatore, Paul Kemp, and the other 5 authors of this series put so much work and effort into it, yet I have to give my honest opinion.

Here is why I didn't like it.

The never-ending bickering of the lead characters grew annoying quickly in the series, and co
Doppelganger
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
To start, I really wanted to like this book. In fact, for the first 2/3 of it I truly did! This book had me thinking 4 stars until it took a complete turn toward the disconnected skips and hops. The last 1/3 of the book doesn't flow well and feels very disjointed with minimal resolution. It almost feels as if he squandered most of the space in the book and then said to himself "oh man, I only have about 100 pages left and nothing is resolved! I better cram this stuff together and wrap things up ...more
Forrest
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this series, to the point that I've read the entire thing three times over trying to convince myself it isn't as bad as I thought at first. Unfortunately, while the series is very well written and has a host of characters that I really enjoyed, the end of the story is horridly bad. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I guess it has something to do with the fact that the characters that are interesting are either killed or are basically changed into something else by the end ...more
Tbloxham
Jun 30, 2011 rated it liked it
A vaguely lacklustre end to a series which showed so much promised so much excitement when it began. That's not to say this is a bad book, it's much stronger than the previous entry in the series but it struggles under the weight of bad decisions made before and a seeming desire to reset a lot of the changes which seemed sure to occur. Still, it does provide a good enough ending and is a satisfying magical romp through any number of confusing planes.

THe main problem it has dealing with the death
Cj W
Jun 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Quite the ending!

This is the final book in the 'War of the Spider Queen' saga.
Lolths 'chosen one' is making her way to the Demon Web Pits, and it could be any one of three female worshipers.

The book keeps you guessing till the very end. It really could be only two of the three females who end up in the demon-web pit, but it almost seems as if that third female might actually be chosen. Yes, this vague but I don't wanna spoil it!

The entire series is a good read. Each book is written by a diff
Donald Reynolds
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book reminded me a lot of the music in Nolan's Dark Knight. It gives this feeling of anxious build up and tension all the way to the very end. I'm sure the author was given all the checkmarks that had to be hit by the end, but he really kept up the anticipation until the last few pages. The Gromph arc is phenomenal, but I was a bit disappointed with the abruptness of the end of some other characters. In the end I had to laugh and shake my head because how could it have been any other way wi ...more
Zoltán Gecse
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
The end was shockingly, suprisingly cruel. I expected something else, so it is good point. However the way to the end was quite painfull. The meaningless circles in the storyline, the characters who came back from the very edge of the death were also painfull... These moments were absolutely senseless.

This book wasn't bad, it provide good entertainment to me, so it wasn't a waste of time. I hope I'll read better books this year.
William Miller
Sep 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I'd be interested to know what other fans think. I felt the ending was a let-down, and overly cynical. However, I think the author did a good job throughout the series of capturing the hostility and sarcasm of drow females.
Eugenia
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Loved this series! If you love the "bad" guys in books. U will want to read the spider queen books. Cause they are all bad. It's just a matter of degree.
Trevor
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a six book series that is situated in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting of the Dungeons and Dragons role-playing game by Wizards of the Coast. The general premise of this series is that Lloth, the god of the Drow (evil elves), has shut herself off from her priestesses and followers, and what kind of impact that holds for her ‘children’.

The first book deals with the jewel of the underdark, Menzoberranzan and how the loss of Lloth impacts the power struggles and day to day life of thos
Dave
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
I find that in my fiction writing, I don't write about Gods and their goings on. It seems that a lot of books that I've read this year have Gods in them. Are authors I like exploring Pantheons more these days? or am I? I think it's just random happenstance given that this series was written many years ago.
This book, like the rest of the series, was excellent. The parts I didn't like were eclipsed by the parts I did. It had me thinking about societal structure, social norms, ideas for writing, a
Abhinav
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You can read the full review over at my blog:

Shadowhawk reviews the second trilogy of the bestselling War of the Spider Queen series, recently re-released in 3-book omnibus-sized editions for the 10th anniversary of the series.

“Expected treachery and Under-dark spanning adventures give way to unexplained betrayals and angst on steroids as the series comes to a close.” ~Shadowhawk, The Founding Fields

My statement above might come across as unnecessarily har
Jimmy
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Of the thousands of Lolth’s rebirth, only eight remain. The savage fighting has stopped for now, awaiting the Yor’thae, Lolth’s Chosen One. But, who will that be, Quenthal, Danifae, or Hallistra? Vhaeraun is continuing his fight against Lolth, (view spoiler)the three must also overcome the challenges of Lolth to prove that she ...more
Jimmy
Sep 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, fantasy
Chip Hunter
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Unlike many of the other reviewers here, I thought Paul Kemp did an admirable job of wrapping up The War of the Spider Queen series. With a mostly predetermined plot and outcome, he was seriously limited as to the number of options he could use to tell this story. His descriptive writing brought to life the hellish scenes found in this book, and his take on the characters and how they acted mostly held true to the rest of the series. And, with limited space here, he was able to bring this long a ...more
Mario García
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy fans
Recommended to Mario by: Amazon
This series started very strong with books I and II. The third book wasn't as good, but it kept the momentum going. Then book IV happened and almost ruined it for me. For some reason the well crafted personalities for the main characters were changed for no apparent reason.

Thankfully the series started to get back on track with book V, and it finally got back to greatness with the final book. Paul Kemp is a very good writer. He was able to restore the feel, ambience, and character development of
Geoff
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
After reading all six books, this was not the best book, but nor was it the worst. I liked it for what it was, a conclusion that you knew was coming and there really wasn't a way to change it. Kemp did pretty well keeping the suspense going even though as a reader you knew what was going to happen. But I will say there was one surprise I didn't see coming, which I thought was pretty cool.

Honestly I don't know why the people are complaining about the characters, because they performed exactly the
Don
Resurrection is a well written book. But it was depressing for me. The bad guys win and all of the awful, loathsome people characters survive and win. I understand the point of the War of the Spider Queen series was to explore Lolth's return to the Faerun, but gosh, it was really disappointing to see the anything good get corrupted and ruined throughout the series.

I read the War of the Spider Queen books to get caught-up on all things Menzoberranzan before I read Night of the Hunter. And I stuc
Val Panesar
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Brenda
Jan 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wow, this is not what I imagined. Or it is. On the one hand you have hope and redemption, on the other the true sinister nature of the drow. You have logic and purpose, and all-consuming chaos. You have the best, most manipulative liar you've ever met. You have males that prove their worth time and again yet in the end are nothing more than... males.

This was captivating. While the ending made sense, you couldn't really guess who the winner would be, or how she would be honored. Only one could le
Dave
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I finished up my re-reading of the War of the Spider Queen series with _Resurrection_ by Paul S. Kemp. What a great read!
Without spoiling anything one does find out who Lolth's "Yorthae" ends up being which is basically her hand picked drow female and one learns what happens to the original group of drow who leave the city in order to find out where Lolth went to and why.
Kemp also deftly juggles Gromph's situation involving an out of favor drow household which makes for a terrific spell-fil
Astri
Nov 15, 2008 rated it really liked it
Upon picking up and reading my first book by R. A. Salvatore, I immediately fell in love with his flare for in-depth plots, dynamic and intriguing characters, and incredible depictions of hand-to-hand combat and full-out battle scenes. At first I was a bit skeptical about wanting to read War of the Spider Queen . I thought his ideas and tone of the world his stories take place in may not settle well in the hands of other authors. I was greatly mistaken. His choices in writers for this six-part e ...more
Aug 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone above 15 interesed in fantasy
Shelves: reviewed
Good finish to the series, slightly predictable at the end and I found the last few chapters quite rushed. But overall I'm sad to see some characters go (die) but hopefully those that survived will pop-up in other books. (Love-Love-Loved the coy references to RA's other work.)

As a series I am quite impressed by the continuity achieved by these authors, that's not to say that each didn't have a clear voice and writing style it was nice to have each character remain somewhat the same (minus #3) t
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Windwalker (Starlight & Shadows #3)
  • The Sorcerer (Forgotten Realms: Return of the Archwizards, #3)
Bestselling speculative fiction author, creator of Egil and Nix, Erevis Cale, drinker of scotch, smoker of cigars, amiable dude. :-)
More about Paul S. Kemp

The War of the Spider Queen (6 books)
  • Dissolution (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #1)
  • Insurrection (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #2)
  • Condemnation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #3)
  • Extinction (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #4)
  • Annihilation (Forgotten Realms: War of the Spider Queen, #5)