Start by marking “Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)” as Want to Read:
Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)

Backdraft

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

When a 911 call goes wrong and a young man goes missing, it falls to Malcolm and Seong-Jae to investigate the responding officers when Internal Affairs' internal politics leave the case compromised and the officers aren't willing to talk. But with Seong-Jae on the wrong side of the thin blue line, tensions just may turn violent before the detectives
Published April 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Backdraft, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Backdraft

Start your review of Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
Shile
Shit just got real.

description

Mystery was 100% on another level. Loved it! Criminal Minds and CSI all rolled in one.

The writing is so engaging and flows so well.

description

I will just leave this here:

“Say the things you always want me to say. Say the words that tell me you want me.”
Fuck. Malcolm gasped “Do it,” he breathed, his voice breaking. “Fuck me.”
“How much do you want me to hurt you?” Seong-Jae purred, and Malcolm’s pulse jumped wild and erratic.
“As much as you need to,” he whispered, and steeled himself for
Simone
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing

"This is just the start of the storm... and it's going to get worse before it gets better."

Truer words were never spoken... This starts to feel more and more like some kind of chess game with Sila moving the playing pieces into position before making his next gambit. And move he did... I wonder if there are more pieces at play than I already assumed. *side-eyes Sade*

Speaking of Sade... I still don't know if I want to hug or murder them. Probably a combo of both, actually, and yet I

Nicola
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
Well, love me tender and call me Elvis, I knew we were heading into choppier waters after our last CI outing but I couldn’t have called how things were going to start playing out.

description This is just the start of the storm… and it’s going to get worse before it gets better.”

Seriously.

description

I could go on and on about why this episode hit all the right spots and believe me it does—I barely moved from start to finish—but I’m not going to as we’re at the point where me rabbitting away could so easily ruin
~Volha~
I love this series! Each book just gets better and better, and this was no exception. Mal and Seong-Jae are such complex characters, it's fascinating to just listen to them talk or think, interact with each other. While working they finish each other's sentences, they get each other. In private both men finally relax and show their feelings. Seong-Jae can be cranky one moment then he melts into Malcolm. Malcolm is a steady presence, he is unwavering in his love and support of Seong-Jae. I loved ...more
haletostilinski
description

That gif was my reaction, basically, while reading the last 10 percent of this book.

I think it took me slightly more time to read this one than usual because I was dreading the promised angst. And BOY does it come! But mostly at the end. It's building throughout this but then...oh BOY does shit get REAL.

Seeing as we only have 3 eps left in this season - and the way Cole talks about seasons 2 and 3, this Sila storyline might get wrapped up by the end of season 1, although I could be wrong - I'm
Chris
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better ... I adore Malcolm and Seong Jay and the connection between them in this book was palpable. I hate that Seong Jay is keeping a secret but I trust Malcolm will support him regardless, lord I hope so ! Can’t wait for the next one.
Lisazj1
*SCREEEEEAMS* (view spoiler) ...more
Aleksandra
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
I have a lot of questions; number one: how dare you?

The book was really good then things happened and they kept happening and now I’m in pain (the book is still good!)

I won’t spoil anything (much?) but it’s hard to talk about a tenth (!) installment of the series without any spoiling happening.
Anyways, I really liked the case. It was intense and gripping, but the stakes weren’t as life or death as in some of the previous cases, so it was very readable. There was an urge to solve the case, to
Bev
4.5 stars from me.

Things are definitely hotting up on the Sila front. He threatens Seong-Jae, Gabi and will eventually get to Malcolm I have no doubt. Sade makes a risky fleeting appearance to warn Malcolm about Yoon, but is also having problems with Huang at the moment...Huang who still insists he is just a small cog in the big wheel of the Baltimore drug market, and is well down the pecking order in Lilliane Wellington's organisation. Sade drops a folder off at Malcolm's...a folder marked
Nat ReadingAllNite
This episode is one of the most cliffhanger-y yet. One of the officers involved in a shooting is related to someone in IA, so Mal and Yoon are called in to investigate. It’s an unusual case but there is more page time devoted to deeper development of the romance, including the physical aspects. Hot. As. Fire! The ending though! I’ll be chewing my nails over what comes next. I certainly hope Cole McCade can keep up the mad pace of a release every month. I’m continually amazed at the consistency ...more
Nicole
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oooh damn, oh hell... the ending!!

So... things escalated! I was thinking of not reading it till the rest came out 'cause I was sure I'd need them immediately after that one... why did it have to end there? Thank god we won't have to wait long!

This one topped the other books, I liked it a lot! Oh boy.

Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
I love me some drama and this book was one big bundle of it!! I freaking adored this. Ahhh the storyline is really heating up and I can’t wait to see how this season will end.

Nicole Field
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These books get better as the series goes on, and I honestly don't know how given that they were already so good!

Cole's writing is luscious and evocative and descriptive. When you open one of his books, they are an immersive experience. In this case, you are being immersed in a world of crime cases with two hot as fuck messes who are doing the best they can to treat themselves and each other well on progressively little sleep.

In this book, we have our main characters taking over an IA case due
Ariana
And so it starts.
We knew that after the reprieve of episode 9 Malcolm and Saeng-Jae were going to head for troubled waters.

To make it worse before all my alarm systems started blinking red and a monotonous voice kept repeating “Red Alert! Red Alert!” in the back of my head, we get two absolutely breath-taking love scenes.
The second one, in particular (Malcolm bottoms!), is so special and moving and abyss deep, it near overwhelmed me with all the feels. Stunning writing, with every word sheer,
Leelah🍁♋️ Orion
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
Not gonna lie, this one was a little tough for me. If you look at my profile picture and see my beautiful brown boys, you will know why. But the author did an amazing job with this. I had to check and see if this was still fiction. The only fiction part? Them actually letting an outside force investigate it. Cause in real life, Yoon and Malcom wouldn’t have ever happened.

READ THE AFTERWORDS!

Sade, Sade Sade. You are yankin my chain. One min I’m feeling sorry for you, the next I want to smack
iam
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: unlimited, lgbtqia, a-spec
Super interesting and engaging case, wonderful character and relationship development, and stakes keep getting higher on all plotlines..... and then that ending, oh dear, I did not expect that!
Karen
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star episode...
Ok, truthfully this one could have easily gotten more than 5 stars from me it I had that option. I honestly can't remember the last time I was as so enchanted with a book series and don't get me wrong there are so really good series out there and I've read a few of them but for me 'Criminal Intentions' is by far among the cream of the crop.

After 10 books I had honestly expected my interest and enjoyment of this series to have at least leveled off, if not maybe even

Oh this was a great episode in the Criminal Intentions series. Everything is slowly and quietly leading up to something and I'm so here for it!

We got to see much more of Sila in this episode and he was terrifying. We've only read heard about Sila before and seen very small interactions of him with Gabrielle, but now we get so much more and I'm genuinely scared. So, thanks!

The investigative case in this episode
mina reads™️
First of all: cole mccade how dare you?
Tina
Oh NOOO!

This episode can't end here, can it???

Dannica Zulestin
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku, quiltbag, m-m
There's just a lot going on in this book that I liked.

First of all, the case is a serious one (...not that murder isn't always serious). Mal and Seong-jae have been put in charge of investigating a pair of fellow officers who may or may not have shot and killed a civilian. As usual, McCade is very critical of how police can get away with abusing their power up to and including murder. It's always interesting to see how this kind of critique works in a series that is basically procedurals, and
M
Knowing that we would hit choppier waters and that tensions would rise while we head towards the season finale did nothing to emotionally prepare me for this episode. It was… tender. Tender is a good word. But then I always feel so much gentleness and tenderness towards both Mal and Seong-Jae, because watching their bond getting stronger and more threatened at the same time always feels like I’m rolling over for the book and exposing my vulnerable underbelly. And when the boys hit me with the ...more
natalie
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WELP. that's it. that's the entire review.

Well ok no it's not but it may as well be because I WANT SILA TO JUST LET MAL AND SEONG-JAE BE HAPPY OK??? *whew* so many things going on that i just knew the one sweet moment of Seong-Jae being all nervous meeting mal's parents wasn't going to last because WTF for so many reasons.

Sila you better leave Gabrielle TF alone too cuz i STG!!
And Sade *sobs* just let them be happy i am too emotional about this!
And stuff at the end i am always a wreck after
Robin Mandell
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, this book!

I couldn't put this down, but, oh my heart, something bad happens in or at least every single chapter. And, it's only going to get worse from here. I'm torn between wanting to know what happens next and needing an emotional break. This series is battering my heartstrings with its intensity and the mystery has pulled me in to.
Abhi
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
THAT ENDING
Terri Jones
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a long episode, so settle in. All kinds of things turn and flip around and change until this reader bit a knuckle as she read the last chapter. She maybe whimpered at the end. (Don't tell anyone.)

*waits for #11*

Join in the CI fan enthusiasm! Mal and Seong-Jae are intense!
Carr
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, this episode was a wild ride. Malcolm and Yoon dealing with Internal Affairs, a case with an officer involved shooting. Things get tense, and then the author hits us with not one, but two whammy's! By the end of the book I was all nerves and anxiety because I had to wait a whole month to know what happens next! This book packed a punch, and with only two episodes left in the series, I'm sure when it all comes to head, its going to be explosive.
Annie
Honestly, I simply adore this couple and so love the Criminal Intentions series. I don’t know how the author manages to keep the stories and cases so fresh, but they are never dull and often keep me on the edge of my seat.

The case in Backdraft was less action and more a mental workout as the partners try to piece together what really transpired, and yet it still had me glued to my kindle to see how Malcolm and Seong-Jae would solve it. I also loved how the Sila plotline continues to build over
Sarah Fuller
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such a great series!

I love the connection with Yoon and Malcolm, how they interact with each other from police work to their personal lives. I love how much they try to be better for each other. This one was a lot about Yoon, which is perfect and yet daunting. The more we know about Yoon the closer we get to Sila. But, whew are these two sweet and sexy, dayum.

And now we know for sure the creepy young thing Malcolm had a little me night stand with, is Sila. Yikes. And finally Sila has made
Michelle
Jun 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Things I loved in this book: (view spoiler)

Things I did not love in this
« previous 1 3 next »

• Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Hell and Gone
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Tallowwood
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Ignite (Unbreakable Bonds, #7)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Fracture (Unbreakable Bonds #6)
  • Vengeful Lover (Exit Strategy #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • King Slayer (Fog City, #2)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Final Lover (Exit Strategy #3)
  • Ramen Assassin (Ramen Assassin #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)