Start by marking “When Valleys Bloom Again” as Want to Read:
When Valleys Bloom Again

When Valleys Bloom Again

As war approaches in 1939 Abby Stapleton’s safety is under threat. Her father, a British diplomat, insists she go back to America until the danger passes. Abby vows to return to her home in London—but where is home? With her family facing mortal danger so far away and feeling herself isolated, she finds it hard to pray or read the Bible. Did she leave God behind in war-tor ...more
Published January 16th 2019 by Elk Lake Publishing, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about When Valleys Bloom Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Valleys Bloom Again

Julia
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Valleys Bloom Again by Pat Jeanne Davis is a fabulous debut novel set during WWII. It is full of Godly wisdom and insight.
During a time of war, people need God more than ever. “Where are you, Lord, in all this?” We cannot always see Him but Jesus has promised to never leave us.
There are times in life when we feel abandoned, even by God. “God has forgotten me.” The presence of God has nothing to do with our feelings, He is beside us, whether we ‘feel’ Him or not.
The reader is treated to loca
Ann
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very well written book. It has suspense, drama and romance and keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next. I highly recommend this book. I received a copy from the author, but was not required to write a review. This is my honest opinion.
Terri Wangard
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Journey to the days of World War II with its myriad challenges for survival. Parents want to protect their children, even when they’re legally of age. England isn’t safe in 1939, and Abby Stapleton’s parents are determined to send her to America.

She arrives at her aunt and uncle’s estate in Pennsylvania. Aunt Val is abrasive and Abby doesn’t understand why. Her uncle is a dear, but his health is failing.

Abby meets Jim, whom her parents wouldn’t approve of. He’s a poor gardener on the estate. Unc

Mary Cantell
Johnnie Alexander
Barbara Schultz
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful mix of a WW2 story from both the British and American views. The characters were drawn expertly, and the inner dialogue of each one described the tensions between them. I am looking forward to a follow-up novel.
I received a digital copy of this book from the editor, and a favourable review was not required.
Becky Smith
Fiction Aficionado
Feb 17, 2019
Kit Grady
Feb 20, 2019
Pat writes from her home in Philadelphia, Pa. She enjoys gardening, genealogy research and travelling with her husband. Her work appeared in Guideposts, The Lookout, Bible Advocate, Faith & Family, GRIT Magazine, Ruby For Women Magazine, A Woman Saved Online Magazine, Sasee Magazine, Woman Alive and Chicken Soup for the Soul books.

Pat writes historical inspirational novels and is a member of A