Start by marking “Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)” as Want to Read:
Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)

Collateral Damage

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #8)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

Tragedy strikes on the homefront when a husband and father snaps...but if Detectives Malcolm Khalaji and Seong-Jae Yoon can't track down a killer on the run, this crime of passion may take one more victim. Moral boundaries blur, lines cross, and even as a secretive puppetmaster watches from the shadows, both Malcolm and Seong-Jae must make a choice. One
Published February 10th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Collateral Damage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Collateral Damage

Start your review of Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
Simone
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Come on. Let's get through this. You can hide behind me if you need to."
"...if this is you trying to pretend once again that I am not taller than you, it is not working."
"I still have a good fifty pounds in pure muscle mass on you."
"I am aware how heavy you are, Malcolm."

Mal and Seong-Jae know each other for two months. Two. Months. So I guess, it's safe to say that this is pretty inst
Nicola
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
4.25 Stars.

It’s no secret this has become one my all-time fave series’ and Collateral Damage continues to feed my addiction in all the best possible ways.

description So let us do what we do best.

Shorter than it’s predecessors, the story is tight, plays at a quick beat and, although granted not quite as surprising and twisty as those we’ve experienced so far, brings a case that still keeps you on your toes from the very start. And all whilst Seong-Jae and Malcolm’s feelings for one another continue to
~Volha~
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful episode from Cole McCade! Malcolm and Seong-Jae are just so adorable together. This book shows them a bit settled into dating, trying to figure out each other's quirks. I just love when Seong-Jae calls Malcolm old wolf! It suits him! And Malcolm referring to Seong-Jae crow of a man in return is awwww! *sigh*

They have this kind of closeness as if they've been together for years. They just get each other both at home and at work. More details are uncovered about their pasts. Mal
Mo
Apr 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Moral boundaries blur, lines cross, and even as a secretive puppetmaster watches from the shadows both Malcolm and Seong-Jae must make a choice. ...

Another day, another crime on the streets of Baltimore. Their relationship is building, both in private and professionally ... but there are other factors at large. People from their past ... some we have met, some we have not met.

... happiness can't, and lost happiness can't be somehow magically recovered like the sand once the hourglass has
Claude
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, my-boys
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
« Malcolm started to turn to the Camaro, but then stopped, just lingering on Seong-Jae before half-smiling. “Thank you.”
Seong-Jae cocked his head inquisitively, tangled black hair drifting across his brow. “For what?”
“For still being my partner.” Malcolm’s smile widened. “And sometimes my boss, Detective Lieutenant.”
Seong-Jae snorted, rolling his eyes. “Were you worried our partnership would change?”
“Yeah. A little.” Malcolm shrugged. “But it just feels…”
“Stronger,” Seong-Jae finished witho
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

I admit I came out of reading this with some conflicted feelings. I felt like we got plenty of Malcom and Seong-Jae together at the same time that I didn't feel like we got enough - but I think that is mainly because Seong-Jae still isn't telling Malcom about Sila so he's holding that huge part back from him, and from what we get in this, those parts in his past that involve his addiction and Sila.

It's obvious that the husband who kills his wife got photos of her - just hanging out -
Truuss Loveislovereview
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, 2019
5 Kintsugi stars

I loved it how Seong-Jae’s head works and put all the pieces together...
I loved how dedicated and gentle Malcolm is. So deep committed to make, whatever it is between Seong-Jae and him, work. Seong-Jae uncomfortable with it all... appreciating Malcolm for the person he is. They are drawn to each other and get upset by each other.

Throughout the series we get to know them more and more, and there is a lot to know!
The extended way of describing every move, gesture... the whole sce
Lisazj1
Damn Sila! You can feel him pulling his strings everywhere and know the web is tightening and the tension of wondering where that is going to happen, when, who will be damaged as bait for the ultimate targets is unbearable.

(view spoiler)
Karen
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Just simply wow! The more i read this series the more I love it. Full review to follow soonish!

If I'm going to keep reviewing this series...

than I think I need to invest in a Thesaurus...because really how many ways can one say "I f*ing love these men, these stories...I can't get enough of them." I mean come on I admit it I'm even starting to sound like a broken record to me...but, facts is facts and fact is I'm a fan of 'Criminal Intentions' 100% bona fide fan.

'Collateral Damage' is Ep
⚣Michaelle⚣
Considering how much I love procedurals and basically murder/mystery...I can't believe how much I don't even care really what the crime is in these books so long as we get this kind of emotional connection, this kind of relationship development.

Don't get me wrong: The cases are important, at least in how Malcolm and Seong-Jae react to solving them; it's how their lives intertwine and how they reveal to each other what's going on.

Not much Sila this round...and given that title I was hella scared
♥Sharon♥
Mar 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing

The investigation in this episode was a difficult one.

We start to see that lines are getting blurred where Malcolm and Seong-Jae are concerned. I have to say the knot in my stomach is getting tighter and tighter.

The solidity of their relationship is obvious but each of them is battling a certain level of uncertainty. These two are squeezing my heart. I love them together and some moments are almost too much. Things go deep for both of them. ❤

Sila is setting my nerves on edge. It seems that no
Ariana
*4,5 stars*

Ahh, these two are going to kill me. Definitely.

I am not going to repeat what I said in my previous reviews, because everything still totally valid:
.) brilliant writing
.) intriguing, beautifully characterized MCs
.) and an abyss full of emotions.

The case was a bit shorter this time, but that didn't bother me much. It was enough to show us how close to breaking Seong-Jae is. And what really bothers him. (Apart from not telling Malcolm about Sila).

My highlights:
.) Malcolm and Seong-Jae
ReadingAllNite
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read, m-m, author-site
At this point, I’m nearly certain I will be giving every episode 5 stars. Malcolm & Seong-Jae *swoons* are falling deeply. No words are spoken yet and Seong-Jae is still holding too many secrets, based on his internal maundering. The case they catch is tough, involving a little girl. That encompasses nearly the entire book but Cole uses his exceptional skills to keep the level of romance high. Little touches, gestures of affection and tenderness shine through. As much as the story itself, I enjo ...more
Claire
Just one quote for the road, Malcolm telling Seong Jae :
“It's like being hugged by a hedgehog ... but it's still a hug”

Love those guys!
Lori
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Even with this being a shorter submission in the series, I felt like it still had a powerful emotional impact. Seong-Jae and Malcom are eeking along in their fledgling relationship and it's not always easy especially since Seong-Jae has secrets that could potentially destroy them.

I adore this series and am behind on reading it but I like to savor it because it's just so beautifully written (I think I say that every time I leave a review for a book in this series.) I do have to be in a certain mo
Aleksandra
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases
It's been a couple of months since I read installment #7 and I have missed Malcolm, Seong-Jae and Anjulie.

This case was a high-stake one, but I wasn't as emotionally invested in it as in some previous cases, but it was a solid and gripping mystery plot line, I'm looking forward to reading what will happen next, as the aftermath of the case hurt many people.

I will keep on stomping my feet and banging frying pans until Gabrielle/Anjulie ship finally sails!

As always, the extensive list of CWs is av
mina reads™️
3.75 stars this was good, Cole McCade is always good.

This had the usual beautiful sometimes overwrought prose that I know and love, the intimacy between Malcom and Seong-jae was intense and amazing as always. But for some reason I wasn’t as excited as I usually am with this series...maybe I just need a small break from it or something.

Also somewhat random sidenote but I’ve finally grasped that this reminds me of Criminal Minds rather than Law and Order and I wonder if Cole McCade made them dete
Bev
How is it that the writing just keeps getting better and better?? Yes, there were a few missing words in this one, but the quality of the writing?? Absolutely superb.

Not giving any spoilers away...buy your own copy 😜. Malcolm, my wily old wolf...Seong-Jae needs you now more than ever. Go do your thing....
M
Dude on the cover is NOT beefy enough! To! Be! Malcolm! Khalaji! But that's just my onion!!!!!

Also, Collateral Damage IS ME. I'm the shithead always in agony when i eat these books up!!!!!!! February WHAT'S GOOD?
Chris
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love this series .. Malcolm and Seong Jay just keep getting better. While they dealt with a deranged lunatic who killed his wife and abducted his daughter, they also managed to challenge each other a little more. Malcolm knows something is on Seong Jays mind and he knows he’s hiding something... I just wish Seong Jay would trust Malcolm and tell him what’s going on !
Nicole
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so love seeing them together and spending time together. So cute! And yay Malcolm for being so accepting of Seong-Jae and just being domestic with him, it felt as if they are together for years!

I hated seeing Seong-Jae at the end how affected he was, I really hope it doesn't affect him bad. I want him happy!

Another amazing story! I love them so much!
Tangled N Books

Once again I'm going to rate this book and come back later. I'm an emotional wreck right now. This series is messing with me! I just can't right now...
JR
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Better and Better

This is definitely not for the weak of heart. Very intense, complicated, and dark, it's an amazing piece of writing.
Ollie
Uh oh, the books are getting shorter and shorter. Keeping in mind that a lot of space takes up the relationship between Malcolm and Seong-Jae, for the crime case there is not so much space left, and it all felt way too rushed.

On top of that, I'm frustrated with Seong-Jae, because he just doesn’t want to tell the truth to anyone. It just unnecessarily complicates things and this far into the series it loses the logic, he should realise by now that he is not helping anything by being secretive. I
Leslie
⭐️⭐️⭐️.5/5 Stars

No review for now. Except to say the mystery was just ok for me in this one too. But I sure do love Seong-Jae and Malcolm. 🥰

“You snarl at me to sleep when I’m working myself ragged. You sing me to sleep when I’m restless. You drive when I’m too tired. You bring me food when I’m not well, you listen when everything inside me aches, you tell me it’s all right to feel the way I feel when this job hurts.” He chuckled. “It’s like being hugged by a hedgehog…but it’s still a hug.”
Donna
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!
Littlebookterror
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
All you need to know that I googled the translation of a persian word Malcom uses for Seong-Jay and it landed me on a page called "12 Things to Call Your Persian Lover"
Abhi
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mfeo
i love mal and seong-jae but im going to kill sila and not even cole mccade can stop me
세이지
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FUCK I still have to wait for a couple of weeks for this. /heavy breathing/ Wake me up when it's February.

Update: I just read it and bitch, I am still such a trash for these two. God help me. This one's much shorter than the other books (I think) and I need MORE.

Can't wait for Sila to ruin everything and break my heart! Yay.

(Imma give a longer review once I'm finished with school shit)
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Murder Aforethought (Cabrini Law #2)
  • Declination (Borealis Investigations, #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • Dealing in Death (Death and the Devil #2.5)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Wayward (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords, #4)
  • Devil's Hour (Zero Hour, #2)
  • Jon's Downright Ridiculous Shooting Case (Jon's Mysteries, #1)
  • Risk Assessment (Cabrini Law #1)
  • Other Than Honorable (Cabrini Law #3)
  • When the Devil Drives (Death and the Devil, #1.6)
  • Tallowwood (Tallowwood, #1)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)