Start by marking “Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)

Twist of Fate

(Heartbreaker Bay #8.5)

When the one you want …

Daisy doesn’t believe love is ever-lasting, so it’s ironic as hell that she parlayed a business degree into a wedding planning business. More ironic still is her latest job bringing her back into contact with the man who’d taught her that love can’t last.

Is the one you can’t have…

To say Diego has been taught the hard way to bury e/>Is
Published November 5th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Twist of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twist of Fate

Start your review of Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

photo C85427D0-9D0E-4BEB-8DCB-92189D453F5F_zpsgnutm8tx.jpg

Diego Stone had lived in San Diego for the past few years. He returns home to San Francisco after he receives a text asking him to help with his estranged older brothers wedding. They haven’t spoken in years, and it’s awkward, but even worse is coming face to face with the only woman he’s ever loved. He didn’t think
Aly
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diego have good reasons to be pissed at his brother. But even if the men are not close, Diego came back to San Francisco for his sibling's wedding. But dealing with family's dynamics is not the only history he'll have to revisit. Because the wedding planner is none other than Daisy Evans, his first girfriend. It's been ten years since he last saw her, when she went away to New York for school and broke his heart. But if you ask her, the version will be different.

Twist of Fate is a second chance
Irene
4 stars

Twist of Fate by Jill Shalvis is a heartwarming second chance love story.
I enjoyed the writing, the storyline held my interest from start to end and I enjoyed watching Daisy and Diego get their second chance at love.
The road to their happily ever after wasn't easy, they needed to put their walls down, open themselves up to each other and truly leave the past behind.

description

Overall Twist of Fate is a heartwarming addition to the Heartbreaker Bay series and I highly recommend it.

Buy Links
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2prEVp8
Paperback: https://amzn.to/34oiKyQ

*An ARC was provided in exchange for myhttps://amzn.to/34oiKyQ
*An
Stacey is Sassy
It was meant to be...on the third go

I'm a fan of Jill Shalvis and I'm pretty sure that's not a secret. I will read anything she writes and I will enjoy the journey to love and happy ever after's.

BUT...

I find myself wanting and needing more when she writes a novella/short story. Twist of Fate needed a little bit more journey for me to truly believe in Diego and Daisy's happy ever after. Sure, they had history and it's obvious they were meant to be. There was a little too much forgiveness that happened quickly. I'm still peeved
Jypsy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Inkslinger for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Twist Of Fate
Heartbreaker Bay #8.5
By: Jill Shalvis

*REVIEW* 💖💖💖.5
Twist Of Fate is a new novella addition to the Heartbreaker Bay Series. This is the story of Daisy and Diego, young love that ended in heartbreak. Years later, Daisy has a most ironic job as a wedding planner who cannot find love herself. A wedding has brought the past back into Daisy's life because Diego's b
Jessica Alcazar
*sigh* none of it worked .... I don’t even know how/what to say. I’m sure I’ll come up with something at some point ....
Mom Seeks Smut
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
A 2nd chance love story and part of the 1001 Dark Nights series.

The story of Daisy and Diego is a little heart crushing. They have great wit and banter, however Diego told Daisy true love doesn’t exist. Years later they have a chance Meeting at Diego’s brother wedding in which Daisy is the event planner. They try to avoid each other, but as with every great love story... it’s inevitable.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Twist of fate is a second chance romance, miscommunication trope with a gay wedding! What more could you want?

Diego and Daisy were in love once. Then Diego's dad got sick, his brother took off leaving him to deal with it, and Daisy went to college. Diego spent 2 years hating his brother and Daisy for abandoning him. Rocco, Diego brother, returned home after 2 years and Diego promptly took off, not speaking to his brother for 10 years.

I understood Diego's hatred of his brother for abandoning him. Rocco was self
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Twist of Fate was a second chance romance that was sweet and sexy. But this book was also a second chance for brothers, which warmed my heart even further. Add in the fact that this can easily be read as a standalone, and this book was such a huge win. So if you're a fan of Jill Shalvis, second chance romance and books with family, then you're in for a treat!
When she opened up, she expected a smile at her appearance. Or some smartass remark.
Instead, Diego met her gaze. “What happened to us?”he asketreat!
TheHauteBookworm
Nov 09, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable and entertaining read!
Diego Stone is bitter. He returns home for his brother’s wedding. The very brother who left him when he needed him the most. But family is family and Diego knows he has to play his part.
Roped into best man duties forces Diego to come face to face with the woman who broke his heart ten years ago. The love of his life, the one that he’s never gotten over.
Yep, he’s bitter. And now has to endure the weekend from hell.

Daisy is the event planner for Roc
Nate Brightman
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think my only complaint here is the brevity of this story even for a novella. By the time you get to Chapter 1 you're 14% into the book and it ends at about 90% with the last 10% promoting other Shalvis and 1001 Nights books.
This was a very short but sweet novella. If like me you’ve been a fan of Shalvis’s Heartbreaker Bay series the connections are The Pacific Pier Building where our female lead Daisy has an apartment, and Rocco who owns the tattoo parlor in the building that Sadie work
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

TWIST OF FATE takes us back to Ms. Shalvis’ Heartbreaker Bay series for a quick story featuring some new characters and some old friends as well. The 1001 Dark Nights line is designed as a quick bite of an established series through a novella – and, indeed, this one is definitely short and sassy. And I really cannot say much in this review without giving away spoilers. So. If you’ve heard about the Heartbreaker Bay series and wondered if you’d like it then this is a g
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Twist of Fate by Jill Shalvis is set in her Heartbreaker Bay world, but a bit on the outside of it. As someone who has read that series from the beginning I was at a loss of who the characters were and how they connected to Heartbreaker Bay and it took be a bit to figure it out. This was a second chance romance between two people who 10 years ago were torn apart as one returned to care for his ill father and one left to attend college in New York.

Diego and Daisy
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publicity team. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Everything Jill Shalvis writes is so enjoyable. The entire Heartbreaker Bay series is excellent.  Daisy is somewhat familiar from the series. Diego is from her past and he comes to town for his brother's wedding. Rocco, the brother, works with Sadie in the tattoo shop. The connection to the rest of the series group is quite limited in the story.

Di
Avid Reader
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay #8.5) by Jill Shalvis
4 stars
M/F Second Chance Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Daisy loves her job. She is good at it and while her boss is sometimes a bear to work with, Daisy knows that she can handle it. While Daisy loves her job, she isn't necessarily someone who believes in forever. Daisy's past experiences have taught her that even if she tries her best, sometimes her best isn't good enough.
Laurie
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Even though I love Jill Shalvis and have read lots of her books, surprisingly enough, I haven't read any of the Heartbreaker Bay books before now. Fortunately, "Twist of Fate" is a complete standalone that does not seem to be directly tied to any of the previous books in the series, though it's possible that some of the characters were mentioned in passing.

The main characters of this novella, Diego and Daisy, were both very likeable and surprisingly well-developed given the story's s
Deb
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy is a event planner with a New York company. Upon returning home to help plan a friends wedding she runs into the man who broke her heart 10 years ago. Daisy is a strong, with a big heart heroine who was easy to connect with.

Diego big sexy alpha male that made my toes curl. Diego returns home for his brother’s wedding. Diego’s life was anything but perfect, at a young age he had so many responsibilities after his older brother split. After said brother returns Diego left for goo
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diego Stone is a little less than happy about returning to San Francisco for his brother's wedding. Issues from years passed, in family and love, have kept Diego away for more than a decade. Even with the rocky relationship with his brother, Diego agrees to be part of the wedding.

Daisy Evans is an amazing event planner. She struggled for many years to be able to live her dream and be what she wanted to be. After years of hard work she returns to San Francisco and begins to make a name for herse
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy used to believe in love, but that was before her childhood sweetheart pushed her away and broke her heart. Now she's an expert wedding planner for other people but has given up hope of finding her own happily ever after. Diego hasn't spoken to his brother for years but when Rocco asks him to be his best man he hopes they can patch things up. The last thing he's expecting is for the only woman he ever loved to be Rocco's wedding planner though. With two meddling grooms determined to push th ...more
Liza
Nov 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twist of Fate gives new readers a glimpse into the Heartbreaker Bay series of books from Jill Shalvis. I absolutely adore a reunion romance, and I enjoyed Daisy's and Diego's story.

Daisy and Diego are former high school sweethearts who haven't seen each other in years until Diego comes home to San Francisco for his brother's wedding. Of course none other than the one time love of his life Daisy is the wedding coordinator, and they keep being thrown together to fix many last minutes c
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a Heartbreaker Bay novella (identified at 8.5) - you can definitely read this without knowing the rest of the series, and if I am honest, I don't think this showcases just how FABULOUS the series is. It is a sweet story, but the other books in the series are exceptional.

In the first instance our impressions of Diego are really not very good, but as we get to understand just what happened to him, the level of understan
Kari Hansen
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy has created a career for herself as helping others find their Happy Ever After all the while knowing that the same is not in the future for her. She fell in love once and the after effects left her devastated as he was her everything and left a huge hole in her life.

When he and Daisy were together Diego had a plan for the future however loyalty and obligations led their lives in different directions, and he did what he thought was best. Years later at the request of his brother, who he ha
Joelle
Let's start off by saying that Ms. Shalvis is one of my favorite contemporary authors we really enjoying reading her books.

This was a cute second chance story with really great characters and I thought that Rocco and Tyler were downright hilarious.

This overall was a light enjoyable read all about second chances and starting over with the one you fell in love with all those years ago and have never forgotten.

Daisy was one of those characters who was strong and
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.25 stars. Twist of Fate is a novella in the Heartbreaker Bay series. Diego has returned to town for his brother's wedding as best man. His ex-girlfriend, Daisy, is the wedding planner. The two are forced to spend time together as they participate in wedding festivities. They find they still have strong feelings, but they must get over their past together and move on to have a happy future.

This book felt a little short, even for a novella (beginning at 14% and ending at 93%). I enjoyed the boo
Renee Entress
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has pain, secrets, opposites, and heartbreak.

Before reading this story please read the below books first
Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay #1)
The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay #2)
One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay #2.5)
Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay #3)
Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay #4)
Holiday Wishes (Heartbreaker Bay #4.5)
About That Kiss (Heartbrea
Lynn Brooks
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
A magical reunion filled with passion, angst and the reawakening of forgotten love! With TWIST OF FATE, Jill Shalvis brings fans of her Heartbreaker Bay series a new novella taking place on the outskirts of that world. We don't see the typical cast of players, but there is mention of a couple of them as well as the setting.

Diego quickly caught a reader's eye as a character with a lot of baggage to unravel. He still lives in the shadow of the heartbreak that drove him out of town ten
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twist of Fate was a story that I really loved, just wish it had been longer with some of the things that Diego was dealing with emotionally. I'm not going to go into many details since this is a novella, and if I give even half of the details, then it would ruin the story for everyone in my opinion. See, Diego has been away from his family, friends, and the love of his life for 10 years. And in those 10 years, all of his resentment had really manifested into a HUGE chip on his shoulder. When his ...more
Emma
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twist of Fate is a super-fast read with new to the Heartbreaker Bay series characters although there is a link to the area through the tattoo shop Sadie (Playing for Keeps) works in.

Daisy and Diego were everything to each other growing up. Neither of them had a particularly easy home life but Diego’s took a downward turn following his father’s stroke. This also coincided with Daisy leaving for college. As Diego’s world crumbled around him, he withdrew from Daisy ultimately breaking b
Nicola
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jill Shalvis’ Heartbreaker Bay series is a one of my faves, and with a solid track record of fabulous characters creating memorable, engaging, romantic stories, I was looking forward to Twist of Fate.

*Sigh* not the success I was hoping for and I’d go as far as saying that this didn’t feel like a Shalvis novella or fit in with the Heartbreaker Bay family and sadly the only word I can come up for it right now is bland.

I’m just thankful that this remarkably short read—90ish pages with 20% of that devoted to 1001 DFate.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Man, I absolutely love an amazing second chance romance, and that’s exactly what the latest addition to Jill Shalvis’s fantastic Heartbreaker Bay series is.

Twist of Fate stole my heart from the start and the hella awkward re-meet-cute between Daisy and Diego.

And then every awkward repeat meeting—all due to the sneaky tactics and matchmaking tendencies of Rocco and Tyler and impending nuptials. Just how were Daisy and Diego going to deny their help when the “overwhelmed” grooms needed them so?

Roc
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Sexy Dare (Sexy #1)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Falling for my Brother's Best Friend (The Baileys #4)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Sinners are Winners (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #5)
  • If You Say So (KPD Motorcycle Patrol #6)
  • Before You
  • Tempt the Hookup (Tempt, #3)
  • The Exiled Prince (Royal Secrets, #1)
  • The Play Maker (The Sideline #1)
  • Redemption
  • Undone By You (Chicago Rebels, #3)
  • Captivating in Love
  • Shadows (Bayou Magic #1)
  • Blood Night (Krewe of Hunters)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo

Heartbreaker Bay (8 books)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)