Start by marking “Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)” as Want to Read:
Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)

Twist of Fate

(Heartbreaker Bay #8.5)

When the one you want …

Daisy doesn’t believe love is ever-lasting, so it’s ironic as hell that she parlayed a business degree into a wedding planning business. More ironic still is her latest job bringing her back into contact with the man who’d taught her that love can’t last.

Is the one you can’t have…

To say Diego has been taught the hard way to bury emotions is an unders
Kindle Edition, 1001 Dark Nights #113, 88 pages
Published November 5th 2019 by Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Twist of Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twist of Fate

Start your review of Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

photo C85427D0-9D0E-4BEB-8DCB-92189D453F5F_zpsgnutm8tx.jpg

Diego Stone had lived in San Diego for the past few years. He returns home to San Francisco after he receives a text asking him to help with his estranged older brothers wedding. They haven’t spoken in years, and it’s awkward, but even worse is coming face to face with the only woman he’s ever loved. He didn’t think he’d ever see Daisy again. It had been ten years, and the sight of her still rocked him to his core. She’d once felt like his missi
Stacey is Sassy
It was meant to be...on the third go

I'm a fan of Jill Shalvis and I'm pretty sure that's not a secret. I will read anything she writes and I will enjoy the journey to love and happy ever after's.

BUT...

I find myself wanting and needing more when she writes a novella/short story. Twist of Fate needed a little bit more journey for me to truly believe in Diego and Daisy's happy ever after. Sure, they had history and it's obvious they were meant to be. There was a little too much forgiveness that hap
Nicola
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
Jill Shalvis’ Heartbreaker Bay series is a one of my faves, and with a solid track record of fabulous characters creating memorable, engaging, romantic stories, I was looking forward to Twist of Fate.

*Sigh* not the success I was hoping for and I’d go as far as saying that this didn’t feel like a Shalvis novella or fit in with the Heartbreaker Bay family and sadly the only word I can come up for it right now is bland.

I’m just thankful that this remarkably short read—90ish pages with 20% of that
Taylor
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twist of Fate is the first Jill Shalvis book that I've ever read, and it definitely won't be the last! I absolutely loved this book for the most part! :)

Check out my full review of Twist of Fate, here.

My rating/score: 4 out of 5 Stars on the Goodreads rating system, and 8 out of 10 on my own personal scoring system.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Twist of Fate was a second chance romance that was sweet and sexy. But this book was also a second chance for brothers, which warmed my heart even further. Add in the fact that this can easily be read as a standalone, and this book was such a huge win. So if you're a fan of Jill Shalvis, second chance romance and books with family, then you're in for a treat!
When she opened up, she expected a smile at her appearance. Or some smartass remark.
Instead, Diego met her gaze. “What happen
Aly
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Diego have good reasons to be pissed at his brother. But even if the men are not close, Diego came back to San Francisco for his sibling's wedding. But dealing with family's dynamics is not the only history he'll have to revisit. Because the wedding planner is none other than Daisy Evans, his first girfriend. It's been ten years since he last saw her, when she went away to New York for school and broke his heart. But if you ask her, the version will be different.

Twist of Fate is a second chance
Ami

This is unlike the Heartbreaker Bay's series I know and love. Both characters feel bland, even with the "promise" that they knew each other before. It lack the sizzling chemistry and crackling banters I usually addressed to Shalvis in her longer novels. The only thing that I liked enough was that Diego's brother was marrying his fiancé. That's all.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Twist of Fate by Jill Shalvis is set in her Heartbreaker Bay world, but a bit on the outside of it. As someone who has read that series from the beginning I was at a loss of who the characters were and how they connected to Heartbreaker Bay and it took be a bit to figure it out. This was a second chance romance between two people who 10 years ago were torn apart as one returned to care for his ill father and one left to attend college in New York.

Diego and Daisy had big time communicati
Ann Lorz
Nov 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

I always enjoy reading stories by Jill Shalvis. She's one of those authors that are very easy to get into and leave you wanting more of whatever world you're in.

This story for me was rough. Not because I didn't like it but I kept going back and forth seeing each person reasoning for why they did what they did and sometimes agreeing, or times, not! It makes for a good story but at times way to emotional.

I personall
Jypsy
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Inkslinger for an advanced copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

Twist Of Fate
Heartbreaker Bay #8.5
By: Jill Shalvis

*REVIEW* 💖💖💖.5
Twist Of Fate is a new novella addition to the Heartbreaker Bay Series. This is the story of Daisy and Diego, young love that ended in heartbreak. Years later, Daisy has a most ironic job as a wedding planner who cannot find love herself. A wedding has brought the past back into Daisy's life because Diego's brother is ge
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy used to believe in love, but that was before her childhood sweetheart pushed her away and broke her heart. Now she's an expert wedding planner for other people but has given up hope of finding her own happily ever after. Diego hasn't spoken to his brother for years but when Rocco asks him to be his best man he hopes they can patch things up. The last thing he's expecting is for the only woman he ever loved to be Rocco's wedding planner though. With two meddling grooms determined to push th ...more
Anne - Books of My Heart
Shelves: 7arcs, 2019, newrelease
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publicity team. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Everything Jill Shalvis writes is so enjoyable. The entire Heartbreaker Bay series is excellent.  Daisy is somewhat familiar from the series. Diego is from her past and he comes to town for his brother's wedding. Rocco, the brother, works with Sadie in the tattoo shop. The connection to the rest of the series group is qu
Bookgasms Book Blog
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Man, I absolutely love an amazing second chance romance, and that’s exactly what the latest addition to Jill Shalvis’s fantastic Heartbreaker Bay series is.

Twist of Fate stole my heart from the start and the hella awkward re-meet-cute between Daisy and Diego.

And then every awkward repeat meeting—all due to the sneaky tactics and matchmaking tendencies of Rocco and Tyler and impending nuptials. Just how were Daisy and Diego going to deny their help when the “overwhelmed” grooms needed them so?

R
Jewlsbookblog
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy and Diego’s second chance romance was a a great read with easy quips, emotional moments, and magnetic chemistry. An added bonus was the hilarity of machinations from Diego’s brother and his fiancée to get Daisy and Diego back together.
Irene
4 stars

Twist of Fate by Jill Shalvis is a heartwarming second chance love story.
I enjoyed the writing, the storyline held my interest from start to end and I enjoyed watching Daisy and Diego get their second chance at love.
The road to their happily ever after wasn't easy, they needed to put their walls down, open themselves up to each other and truly leave the past behind.

description

Overall Twist of Fate is a heartwarming addition to the Heartbreaker Bay series and I highly recommend it.

Buy Links
Amazon:
Kari Hansen
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Daisy has created a career for herself as helping others find their Happy Ever After all the while knowing that the same is not in the future for her. She fell in love once and the after effects left her devastated as he was her everything and left a huge hole in her life.

When he and Daisy were together Diego had a plan for the future however loyalty and obligations led their lives in different directions, and he did what he thought was best. Years later at the request of his brother, who he ha
Joelle
Let's start off by saying that Ms. Shalvis is one of my favorite contemporary authors we really enjoying reading her books.

This was a cute second chance story with really great characters and I thought that Rocco and Tyler were downright hilarious.

This overall was a light enjoyable read all about second chances and starting over with the one you fell in love with all those years ago and have never forgotten.

Daisy was one of those characters who was strong and independent and loved the job she di
Randi (randi_reads)
3.5-4 stars
Jill Shalvis can write anything. That said, this wasn't my favorite of hers, but I will continue to read anything she writes. I am not a big fan of novellas as to me the story is too short and rushed. It takes no time for the couple to get to their happy ever after. This is the same in this story. After Diego and Daisy not seeing each other for ten years, they were able to overcome their misunderstanding pretty easily. I get it...it's a novella and there's not a lot of time. I did enj
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Twist of fate is a second chance romance, miscommunication trope with a gay wedding! What more could you want?

Diego and Daisy were in love once. Then Diego's dad got sick, his brother took off leaving him to deal with it, and Daisy went to college. Diego spent 2 years hating his brother and Daisy for abandoning him. Rocco, Diego brother, returned home after 2 years and Diego promptly took off, not speaking to his brother for 10 years.

I understood Diego's hatred of his brother for abandonin
Avid Reader
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay #8.5) by Jill Shalvis
4 stars
M/F Second Chance Romance
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

Daisy loves her job. She is good at it and while her boss is sometimes a bear to work with, Daisy knows that she can handle it. While Daisy loves her job, she isn't necessarily someone who believes in forever. Daisy's past experiences have taught her that even if she tries her best, sometimes her best isn't good enough.

Diego is a hard character to get to
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
3.25 stars. Twist of Fate is a novella in the Heartbreaker Bay series. Diego has returned to town for his brother's wedding as best man. His ex-girlfriend, Daisy, is the wedding planner. The two are forced to spend time together as they participate in wedding festivities. They find they still have strong feelings, but they must get over their past together and move on to have a happy future.

This book felt a little short, even for a novella (beginning at 14% and ending at 93%). I enjoyed the boo
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a Heartbreaker Bay novella (identified at 8.5) - you can definitely read this without knowing the rest of the series, and if I am honest, I don't think this showcases just how FABULOUS the series is. It is a sweet story, but the other books in the series are exceptional.

In the first instance our impressions of Diego are really not very good, but as we get to understand just what happened to him, the level of und
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
Shelves: read-in-2019
3.5 Stars

Diego returns to San Francisco for his brother's wedding and finds out his ex-love is the wedding planner. It's a bit tense until their first kiss, and then Diego and Daisy are suddenly thinking they might pick up where they left off. They do have some past trust issues to resolve first, but it's clear that the feelings are still there.

I adored Diego's brother Rocco and his fiance Tyler. They were a sweet part of the story and I found myself wanting more of their story.

I love the Heart
Mary
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

This is a great Saturday afternoon read. Diego and Daisy's story is set in the world of Heartbreaker bay. The book is a standalone, but it does give you the sense of what the series is.

Diego and Daisy's story is a intricate one, further complicated by the time Diego has been gone from Heartbreaker Bay. Daisy knows why its hard for Diego to come back home but what she doesn't expect is Diego's anger toward's her.

Diego's feeli
JG
Twist of Fate is a novella that is part of the 1001Dark Nights series of standalones and is also part of Jill Shalvis' beloved Heartbreaker Series. If you haven't read any of the books from the series you still wouldn't get lost. Ms. Salvia writes really great relatable and heartwarming stories nd Twist of Fate is no exception. The protagonists are former sweethearts who ended things quite abruptly ten years ago. Now Daisy and Diego are reunited for the wedding of Diego's estranged brother. Suff ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
TWIST OF FATE by Jill Shalvis is book 8.5 in the Heartbreaker Bay Series. This is the story of Daisy and Diego. I haven't yet read the previous book so for me this was a standalone book.
Also this was a second chance at love Novella Read. Diego was returning from being away which has him meeting Daisy again. Diego taught Daisy that love is a heartbreak. Both still have feelings for each other but have issues they have to work through but they are getting some help finding their way back to each
Shari
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-ebook, 2019-read
A second chance romance that is sweet but sexy. Daisy was Diego's first love but with a misunderstanding that ended it all. Now Diego has returned home for his brother's wedding and they can't deny the sexual chemistry that they share, but can old wounds heal.

A short read but thoroughly enjoyed. Loved the second chance reconciliation of Diego and his brother too. This is part of series but can be read as a stand alone.
Ellen Anderson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Twist of Fate

Short and sweet. Even though it stated ahead of time that it was separate from the other Heartbreaker Bay stories, I think I kept looking for things and people I recognized. I didn't need them though and it was still a really sweet read.
Darcy
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one was a bit meh...for me. The connection to the rest of the series was reaching in my eyes. I didn't get the connection between the couple, nor did I get how Diego could forgive his brother so easily for his actions in the past. ...more
Jessica Alcazar
*sigh* none of it worked .... I don’t even know how/what to say. I’m sure I’ll come up with something at some point ....
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Something Just Like This (Stay, #3.5)
  • Dachshund Through the Snow (The Dogmothers, #2.5)
  • Three Dog Night (The Dogmothers, #2)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • A Fool's Gold Wedding (Fool's Gold, #20.6)
  • Jax (Buckhorn Brothers #5.8)
  • The Matchmaker's Mistletoe Mission (Boots and Bouquets, #0.5)
  • More Than Pleasure You (More Than Words, #5.5)
  • Begin Again (Stay #3.6)
  • Going Down Again (Billionaire Bad Boys, #4.5)
  • All Fired Up (Road to Love, #3)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans #1)
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • Dare To Stay (Dare Nation)
  • The Fall of Legend (Legend Trilogy, #1)
  • More than Neighbors (Blackberry Bay, #1)
  • Twice as Sexy (Sexy #2)
Multiple New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is … mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning heartwarming and full of humor novels wherever books are sold and visit her website for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city ...more

Heartbreaker Bay (8 books)
  • Sweet Little Lies (Heartbreaker Bay, #1)
  • The Trouble with Mistletoe (Heartbreaker Bay, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay, #4)
  • About That Kiss (Heartbreaker Bay, #5)
  • Hot Winter Nights (Heartbreaker Bay, #6)
  • Playing for Keeps (Heartbreaker Bay, #7)
  • Wrapped Up in You (Heartbreaker Bay, #8)