Start by marking “Escape (Cat Shifters of Aaidar #1)” as Want to Read:
Escape (Cat Shifters of Aaidar #1)

Escape

(Cat Shifters of Aaidar #1)

Leo:  A cat shifter mercenary--gun, fangs, and claws for hire--doesn't fall for a pretty little human. It's cost the Regime big-time to have me and my guys hunt down the Resistance fighters skulking in caves spread across this gods-forsaken planet. My sole focus here is this deployment.

Until Maya touches me, igniting the first phase of a bondmate.

It does
Published September 15th 2018 by CrossWorlds Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape

Anne Raven
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
So, I'm a sucker for shifter romance (thank you Sherrilyn Kenyon for getting me hooked), and I loved this one!

Herc and Maya have incredible chemistry, but I also loved their individual stories (hello twist, that I shall not mention because SPOILERS!) which I think made their fast-paced romance even stronger. This book combines steamy romance with lots of action and adventure. What more could you want?

Oh, and the side characters! Adore them and look forward to reading thei
Laney Kaye
As the author of this book, we recommend it (of course!). Thanks in advance for reading and writing a review!
Chikap09
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cat Shifters of Aaidar Escape is the first book that's I've read from either Laney Kaye or Christina Wilder but now my tbr has gotten so much bigger!! I love paranormal romance and these ladies do it flawlessly.

Herc is a mercenary hired by the Regime to take down the Resistance. After being injured he meets our heroine, Maya, who is a nurse for the Regime. But not everything is as it appears and as Herc and Maya grow closer together they discover a few suspicious things about the peo
Lacie Thorne
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like your heroes ALPHA and HOT, and your heroines STRONG and CAPABLE... look no further! A new shifter romance with lots of heat and heart, this is a wonderful start to a very promising series.

I loved Herc and Maya's story! They had loads of chemistry right off the bat. Herc may be a big, strong alpha shifter, but he's also sweet and caring--the perfect combination. Maya is no wilting wallflower and is perfectly capable of taking care of herself (and a whole lot more). Coupled
Amanda R
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Action, romance and more

I love these strong characters. She is planning to get her people out and he is just doing his job. Everything they are trying to do ends up in shambles and they come to depend on each other. This story is one that ends with them together but it ends in a cliff hanger about what is going on around them. Pending war, friends in possible danger and mystery of what the enemy is really up to.
Marty Mayberry
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this shifter romance novel. I went in thinking it would be super steamy, and while it was (later in the book), it was also a complete, complex story with a well-built romance. And lots of action that kept me turning the page, eager to find out what would happen next. I'm looking forward to book 2. These authors are ones to watch.
Amelia Creed
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steam, shifters, plot, oh my! Y'all, I'm a sucker for any romance that has a 'mate' premise, so I went into this with high expectations. I liked Maya and Herc, and loved the fact this book gives us steam with a healthy dose of plot. Also, Herc and his pack...Now *my* heart is in all kinds of trouble. Looking forward to book 2
LuDena Radford
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cat shifters

Cat shifters caught my interest , I check out book one escape and I'm hooked . I look forward to reading the next book.
Donna
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book by Laney Kaye and Christina Wilder and it was good and oh so steamy! If you looking for a good paranormal book with some hot shifters, grab this book.
Rebecca Hefner
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hold onto your hats! Or should I say cats? This is a fast-paced, steamy cat-shifter romance from a new-to-me author. It's an awesome fated mates/bonded mates story that reminded me of those great Lora Leigh books from years ago. The sexy times are so good and our hero and heroine are so easy to root for. A great start to the series and I look forward to reading more!
Romancing the Book
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Shyla
Book provided by the author

The world created in this story was interesting. I was intrigued by the different races of humanoid beings, shifters, and the skirmishes going on between them. From the minute we met Herc, the liger shapeshifter, we see he’s a powerful alpha who thrives on missions and his crew of fellow shifters hired as mercenaries. Hired by the government, they round up rebels under the watchful, sadistic eye of a CO obsessed with their ability to
Jackie
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Read with Kindle Unlimited.
3 & 1/2 stars rounded up.
The story was an easy read, that held my attention, though there are some issues with the plot & some of the secondary characters. This had some flow issues, some areas flowed better than others. Herc and Maya are decent characters, very likable. Him being a "liger"-shifter bothered me, I kept thinking about that old Napoleon Dynamite movie, and that made me feel it was silly to make him a "liger" instead of a tiger, for me
Katrina
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Ok, let’s start with positive:
• It was an easy read
• Both Herk and Maya are appealing characters
• The story line has potentials
• Who does not like a giant kitty cat?

What did not do it for me (try to avoid any spoilers):
• There are some areas in the story that have superficial feel to it (entire Selena storyline was more like “Oh, yeah, let’s throw in some emotional motivation “, which, for me just did not work)
• Snivelling, cowardly almost cartooni
Penny Ellgass
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Maya a nurse for the Regime, under cover for the resistance trying to release the captives being tortured.
Herc a liger shifter head of his team of hired mercy from another planet. The first time Maya touches him he nos she is his bond mate. It takes 3 steps to complete the bond he will not take the 2nd or 3rd, even though she has taken end the first touching him.
Caught in the middle of something they no nothing about, rented out by their government the cat shifter realize they are on
Mary Burgess
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Herc was a hired mercenary from another planet and worked for the Regime. Maya was a human who worked for the Regime, but was really undercover with the Resistance. The story was well constructed with many twists and turns. The characters were all vivid and vibrant. This was an excellent action packed, steamy Sci-fi romance.

Dena
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Oh well

I am really on the fence. I liked the characters and the plot was good. I was really interested in what was going on. Then I hit a roadblock. I read what was going on but it was fluff it was like the real story ended halfway. I wanted more about the resistance. I wanted the build-up of what is going on behind the scenes with the regime. They could have more of a wow than what is was.
Robin
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much to love about this story! First, the imagination is off the hook. I could literally picture it. Setting is always important to me as I love to escape into a great story. Second, the main characters have as much depth as they do sex appeal. I love stories with layers. And the action is thrilling! Seriously, this was so fun to read. I can't wait for more!
Tina
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Escape

I enjoyed this story. I really loved Maya and Herc . They were a wonderful couple. The world building was fascinating and exciting. I can't wait to read the next in this series. I would recommend this book.
Kat
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good storyline, but didn't like how it just left you hanging with an incomplete story.
Stephanie
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Escape is a sexy sci-fi romance in the vein of Gena Showalter. I loved it and can't wait to read the sequels!
Barbara Strickland
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

Sex and action and cats, big cats makes this entertaining. This is the first in a series that mixes paranormal and sci-fiction with romance.
Shannon
Dec 30, 2018
Shaunna W
Feb 09, 2019
Christina Wilder
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle
Sep 07, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Please add this book to our profile 1 4 Sep 16, 2018 07:03AM
HEROES, HEART, & HEAT

A professional counselor, Laney messes with heads by day and imaginations by night. Living in the wilds of Australia -- okay, not so much the wilds, as in a country town -- her property is inhabited by a generous mix of bitey, stingy, poisonous, and furry varieties of Australian wildlife, as evidenced by her twitter feed.

Laney writes steamy contemporary, light

Cat Shifters of Aaidar (4 books)
  • Engage (Cat Shifters of Aaidar, #2)
  • Ensnare (Cat Shifters of Aaidar, #3)
  • Endings (Cat Shifters of Aaidar, #4)