Start by marking “A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)

A Highlander Walks into a Bar

(Highland, Georgia #1)

The timeless romance, soaring passion—and gorgeous men—of Scotland comes to modern-day America. And the rules of love will never be the same…

Isabel Buchanan is fiery, funny, and never at a loss for words. But she is struck speechless when her mother returns from a trip to Scotland with a six-foot-tall, very handsome souvenir. Izzy’s mother is so infatuated by the fellow
Expected publication: July 30th 2019 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

Win a Copy of This Book

• A Highlander Walks into a Bar by Laura Trentham
    A Highlander Walks into a Bar (Highland, Georgia, #1)
    Release date: Jul 30, 2019
    “Laura Trentham creates a romance that is both extremely sensual and phenomenal.”
    —Fresh Fiction

The timeless romance, soaring passion—and gorgeous men—

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 37 people requesting

Giveaway dates: May 23 - Jun 06, 2019

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

Beth
    I received this ARC copy of A Highlander Walks into a Bar from St. Martin's Press. This is my honest and voluntary review. A Highlander Walks into a Bar is set for publication July 30, 2019.

Laura Trentham
    FRONTLIST | On Sale Date: July 30, 2019
    9781250315021, 1250315026
    E-Book
    $6.79 USD, $8.99 CAD
    Fiction / Romance / Romantic Comedy
    336 pages
    Series: Highland, Georgia (#1)
    Jypsy
    A Highlander Walks Into A Bar wasn't quite what I expected. While the story is a light easy read, it's also slow going. It's easy to lose interest because of the pace. The story is cute and fun, but overall, I would have liked something a bit more substantial. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
    Saly
    Liked it, but wanted some more spice. Will definitely read the next in the series for sure.

Review to come...

ARC provided by Netgalley
    Jill Hart
    May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    So much fun! Loved this book!!
    Ellie
    May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Teresa
    May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    **I received a copy of A Highlander Walks into a Bar from Net Galley and St. Martin's Press in exchange for a honest and voluntary review. My opinions are mine alone and not solicited in any way.**

A Highlander Walks into a Bar by Laura Trentham is the first book in her Highland, Georgia series. I.Loved.This.Book!! It gives you the hot Scotsman and dedicated to keep his families Cairndow home in Scotland and Izzy's doing the same for Stonehaven by hosting Highland games in of course the town of H
    Becky Claxon
    May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This book is so good and has two love stories. It is so nice to see Izzy look out for her mother Rose, and Alasdair look out for his uncle Gareth. But it does end up causing problems for all of them. The part that I liked was that they had such love for their families. I also liked how there is a comparison between Stonehaven and Cairndow. It had to be hard for Izzy to see her mother with Gareth since Izzy missed her dad so much. I feel she knew her mother should have happiness since her father ...more
    Claire Scott
    May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Laura Trentham does it again! Another fantastic book from this author who triumphs in creating relatable characters and in this story you have two very strong characters in Izzy and Alasdair, each trying to protect their loved ones from getting hurt! The banter between the two of them is at times hilarious but also has moments of vulnerability and rawness as they confront their feelings for each other!

Coming from Scotland I loved reading about this Georgia town putting on their version of the Hi
    Anita
    May 14, 2019 marked it as to-read
    Shelves: arc

A Highlander transplanted to small town Georgia. I love these hot, handsome Highlanders in Historical Romance. Reading a contemporary romance should be fun.
    Marcia
    May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    Scottish uncle and nephew meet American mom and daughter. The uncle isn’t truthful about his last name since previous women were only interested in him because of his title. When the nephew catches up to his uncle in the US, he finds out about the subterfuge and agrees to temporarily keep his true identity secret. The nephew decides to do some digging into the finances of mom and daughter to see if mom’s interest is on the level. Both uncle and nephew’s secrets are found out and puts them in hot ...more
    Kari
    May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley.

Super cute, fun, quick read. I appreciated that the story moved along quickly. Somewhat predictable...however, there were several scenes where I thought, "Oh this is gonna be just like every other cute romance, I know what will happen next" but then was pleasantly surprised when the story went a different direction than I expected.
    Meagan
    May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I don't generally read many contemporaries set in the American south, probably because most of them are small town romances. I grew up in a very small town in the Colorado foothills, and I've had my fill of small towns. The reality of them, at least for me, lacks all the charm and whimsy you see in fiction. So not many small town romances for me. However, I read a review of Laura Trentham's Leave The Night On that was really positive, and highlighted the fake relationship storyline. I love me a ...more
    Olivia Farr
    May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    If you are searching for a beachy, summery romantic comedy, look no further! A HIGHLANDER WALKS INTO A BAR is the charming story you need. Highland, Georgia is a small town with Southern flair that celebrates Scottland with their annual Highland Games that draws in a lot of tourism. Izzy (Isabel) and her mother plan it each year on their large property and use the proceeds to help pay their property taxes.

This year, Izzy's mother, Rose, is distracted by the Scottish man she had met on vacation a
    D
    May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    This was an eARC and was given to me in exchange for an honest review. This was a nice, light, cute and funny book. It was refreshing to not have a heavy plot and serious characters.

A Highlander Walks Into a Bar was the perfect mix of romance and comedy. I live in Georgia, so I could totally relate to the damp, thick, palpable heat, the sounds of voices and accents and the small town, homey feel. I really liked this book and the way words fell out of Isabel's mouth, the crazy things she said and
    Jewlsbookblog
    Highland, Georgia takes their Scottish Festival extremely seriously. So what’s a town to do when real Scotsmen come to town? Show Southern hospitality in spades of course! Unless your Isabel. She’s already trying to come to terms with her mom’s new Scottish beau, Gareth, so when his...friend Alasdair shows up on her doorstep too, it’s enough to drive any hospitality out the door. Yet there’s something about Alasdair that brings out Isabel’s playful side. His delectable looks attracted her eyes, ...more
    Brenda
    May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Alasdair Blackmoor has never seen a place as friendly as this small Georgia town—or a girl as brilliant and beguiling as Izzy. Instead of saving his uncle, who seems to be having a lovely time, Alasdair decides he’d rather help Izzy with the Highland Games.
    The timeless romance, soaring passion—and gorgeous men—of
    Christy
    Laura Trentham writes both historical and contemporary romances that entertain and delight. I have greatly enjoyed all the Cottonbloom and Spies and Lovers books. (A Brazen Bargain is one of my all-time favorites that I have read more than once!) This new series reminds me, in the best way, of Susan Mallery’s Happily Inc. A small town where everyone is involved in a common industry or event.

Highland, Georgia’s small town fortunes are dependent on a Scottish festival that occurs each summer on t
    Deb Diem
    May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Totally love this book, but then, what woman doesn't love sexy Highlanders? A Highlander Walks Into A Bar by Laura Trentham is a fabulous contemporary romance. I think this may be my favorite of the Laura Trentham books I've read. Ms. Trentham has given readers a well-written book and filled it with lovable, fun characters. Isabel was shocked when her mother brings Gareth, a Highlander, home with her from her trip to Scotland. Alasdair arrives soon after to make sure Gareth isn't being conned by ...more
    Lynne
    May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalley
    Very cute. Izzy and her Mom live in Highland, Georgia where they run a Scottish Festival every year. Izzy's Dad started it and it is part of her heritage. When her Mom (Rose) comes home accompanied by an honest-to-goodness Scotsman (Gareth), Izzy is thrown for a loop. She is also suspicious of Gareth's motives. In steps Alasdair. He has come to Highland to bring his Uncle back home. Things turn into a muddle with omissions being made and attractions. Izzy is distrustful and so is Alasdair.

I rea
    Lorraine
    May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    I am not sure why I chose this book. But am I glad that I chose it. I normally do not do contemporary. I could not put this book down. When I review a book I try to look at it emotionally rather than retell the story. With this book you have every emotion. You have a roller coaster of emotions. Majority of them are good but some of them make you want to pull your hair out. I love the comedy in this book. And characters. The book is full of characters. Such a wonderful characters that I’m hoping ...more
    Heather andrews
    May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
    Alasdair just loves to flirt, “I’m hurt that you think being in my pants would be a traumatic experience.” Alasdair gave her a lopsided grin." Izzy knows how to woo her man, “I’m glad your back isn’t hairy.” The thought wiggled past her internal editor. His smile gleamed in the dim stairway. " I liked this book, I liked Alasdair.
    Jas
    May 22, 2019 rated it liked it
    I have loved every book by Trentham that I have read to date so I may have fallen victim to my own overly high expectations. This is a light-hearted story with a charming setting but I found myself bored with the lack of depth and think it will ultimately be forgettable.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
    May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: netgalleyarc
    Incredibly charming and I can't wait for the next one!
    Ruth
    May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
    review to come soon
    Kerri
    May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
    While I am still a few days from having my toes in the sand, this is the perfect beach read. Full of family, hot Highlanders, and friendship.
    Heather Bowser
    May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I read this book through netgallery. This was a fun read. I enjoyed all of the characters in the story and enjoyed following along with them.
    Tamra LeValley
    May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
    I love a funny romance. Even better with a highlander in a kilt!
    Alisha
    May 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
    Quirky and fun
    Brigitte
    May 23, 2019
    Ashley  Collins
    May 22, 2019
    Author of smart, sexy Southern contemporary romance, Regency historicals, & heartfelt Women's Fiction
    Series include:
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Cottonbloom
    Spies and Lovers
    Heart of a Hero
    Highland, Georgia

Highland, Georgia (2 books)
    • A Highlander in a Pickup (Highland, Georgia, #2)