Start by marking “God, I Have Issues: 50 Ways to Pray No Matter How You Feel” as Want to Read:
God, I Have Issues: 50 Ways to Pray No Matter How You Feel

God, I Have Issues: 50 Ways to Pray No Matter How You Feel

4.49  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Human lives—and human issues—run the gamut from addiction and anger to weariness and worries. God, I Have Issues is a gentle call to prayer in the midst of our good and bad times, trusting our problems and joys to a God who wishes to share them all with us. Each "issue" opens with a Scripture passage (and lists others that are related) and contains a reflection, "prayer po ...more
Published March 17th 2005 by St. Anthony Messenger Press (first published February 2005)

To ask other readers questions about God, I Have Issues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God, I Have Issues

Mark
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Greatest prayer helper book ever! Tons of great tips to start intimate, honest prayer with God. I realize this is not meant to be read cover to cover as it states in the introduction, but I did to get an overview and will keep it handy to help me indefinitely. I don't see how this couldn't help everybody who's seeking God in one way or many!
Dominic Wong
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of those books that you will keep for a lifetime

A book that is like a companion. Easily revisited time after time. The words are like a well that doesn't run dry because the source of the words, is from the living water.
Vanessa Bustamante
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book that I plan to keep for the rest of my life. The author really has a way to address so many frequent situations that either make us feel that we want to be closer to God or that make us feel like we kinda want to stay away. there is an index where you can look up how are you feeling and then read the author's thoughts about that feeling along with real experiences and how you can still pray even if you feel sad, anxious, disappoi ted, happy, grateful, weak etc.. it indee ...more
Father Brice Higginbotham
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I began using "God I have Issues" to help me pray when Father Mark was my spiritual director. Learning to acknowledge my emotions and talk to Jesus about them was the real beginning of my life of prayer. I often give this book to people who are beginning to pray and highly recommend it to anyone seeking deeper relationship with God.
Brice Higginbotham
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic
This work was critically helpful in my first baby-steps into regular contemplative prayer. Fr. Thibodeaux is a master spiritual director and that shows forth in the reflections and suggestions contained herein.
Beth
Feb 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
love it.... warm, funny, comforting, challenging... I've even caught my husband reading it.
Patti Clement
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is not a book I would read from cover to cover. I have used it when I was struggling with a certain issue.
Pollyanna
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
very useful for dealing with negative emotions provided you're into Christian prayer.
Joy Gott
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Advice, prayer tips and Biblical references to our most common issues with our Christian walk
Sandy
Nov 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute little book with some helpful prayers.
Rick