Start by marking “Atomic Ace and the Robot Rampage” as Want to Read:
Atomic Ace and the Robot Rampage

Atomic Ace and the Robot Rampage

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
It's an ordinary day for Atomic Ace and his family until the evil Roboconqueror accidentally sends his mechanoid army after Ace's son instead of Ace himself. With Ace busy in space diverting a meteor threat, who will be on Earth to save the day?
Published January 1st 2006 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about Atomic Ace and the Robot Rampage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atomic Ace and the Robot Rampage

Laurie
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Beth
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
This is a picture book in comic book style! Logan and Joshua really gravitated toward the pictures and the storyline — what little boy doesn’t love superheroes?? This was more straightforward than your average graphic novel, combining a few simple frames with some rhyming verses to tell the story. I loved the theme of family in this book; you moms of boys out there will love it, too! Apparently this is a sequel; we need to check the first one out, too!
Tobinsfavorite
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
The third star is from my kids. I would give it two for myself.

I don't want to be an advocate of prejudicial incarceration or anything, but I'm not sure I would have paroled a guy named Roboconqueror. (When the villain leaves prison, the guard says to him, "Now, see that you stay out of trouble, Roboconqueror." That's the best part of the book.)

But really, it's a wholesome family superhero story, and there are little details in the art that give a kid reason to look at it for awhile.
Skye Kilaen
This is the second Atomic Ace book, but I found this one far more compelling than the first. The old-style comic book inspired art, rhyming text that avoids the dreaded sing-song, and a nice surprise ending all combined for a very satisfying tale. That might just be because I’m a comics fan, but my guess is no. It's just fun.
Jared
Apr 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A fun short (short!), simple story in graphic novel style. The poetry is nothing exciting, but the story is fun. While super-hero dad is away saving the planet, another super hero saves his son from the evil robot monsters of his enemy.
oplkids
Dec 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Atomic Ace isn't there to help his son when the robots attack, but luckily, a surprising hero is there to help.
Kim
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mother
A great follow up to the original. Good for your little Incredibles fans.
Keenan
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
A bit of a throwback to the roles of men and women. Words were a little harder for the recommended age (5-8).
Kristin King
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Little man's teacher read this, and then he wanted to bring it home to read again. We read together so I could help with the bigger-than-2nd-grade words. Really liked the surprise ending.
Pinky