Start by marking “Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)” as Want to Read:
Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)

Changing Faces

(Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)

ABOUT THIS EPISODE

With Malcolm on forced bed rest and off duty, Detective Seong-Jae Yoon faces his first solo case since joining the BPD--and it's one that will challenge his morals, his sense of duty, and his insistence on adhering to the letter of the law, especially when his actions in the Bishop case leave him questioning his own integrity. When the supposedly accide
Published October 10th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Changing Faces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Changing Faces

Start your review of Changing Faces (Criminal Intentions: Season One #4)
Shile
“My feelings are my responsibility to deal with. So I will deal with them, until they go away."

Oh! Seong-Jae, I don’t think that is how it works.

This one had all the feels.

description

Season 1 episode 4

MC 1 Malcolm Khalaji – That name is so beautiful. Mal is a Veteran and a former Criminal Psych Professor, currently working as a Detective with the Baltimore Police Department. He is charming, not by the book, sometimes gets too emotionally attached to the cases he is working on. Love him to the Moon an
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT

I didn't like the separation because I missed their dialoguing. But I liked witnessing how being apart affected them. *sigh*
Nicola
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, m-m
Remember how the titles for each episode of Friends started with The One...? Well this episode of Criminal Intentions is without doubt The One Which Brings All the Feels and whilst the the suspense aspect is ever present, a little more focus is placed on Malcolm and Seong-Jae as individuals and their backstories. And I loved that.

description Whatever else happens, we’re together. We’re partners.”

With the introduction of new characters—new characters who I have no doubt will split opinion but in my case
Mo
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
All the books are roller coasters but this one sort of leapt to another level ... I swear by the end of the book, I was holding my breath, waiting to see what was going to happen ... I mean at the end of the previous books we are left in limbo, so to speak ... like a TV series, we have to wait for the next episode to catch up!! I am glad I have the next one to jump into ... although at nearly two in the morning here, I better not start it tonight!!

The only believable lies are told by those wh
Karen
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars rounded down because still no 1/2 stars here on GR and I'm saving that 1/2 star for when Soeng-Jae and Mal finally get together!!!

Sometimes it's not about who did it, it's about why...

Ok, I'm going to try and share something new and fresh here but I have to be honest this is book #4 Criminal Intentions Changing Faces, for this series and 'other than "ohmyfreakin'godthisis hella,hellaGOOD" I'm starting to feel like a stuck record but I'll give it a go anyways ok.

'Criminal Investigat
~Volha~
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** 4.75 stars **

This book gets a little up close and personal into lives of the MCs and those around them. Here we get a close look at inner thoughts of the captain Anjulie and a little glimpse of her life. It's safe to conclude that she is a troubled soul weighted down by everyday life and the service she provides to the city of Baltimore. Here we see her not only as a police captain but as a woman with feelings that has a life outside of the department walls.

Seong-Jae and Malcolm are nowhere
haletostilinski
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

GAh!!! Malcolm and Seong-Jae are so frustrating! I just want them to get together already!! I mean, the author sure is succeeding in making this feel like a show because TV shows love to take forever to get the main couple together. ARGH.

This book still kept up with the past books, but I rounded down instead of up with my 4.5 rating because while it was still good and we still had delicious and awesome moments between our two MC's, Malcom was home resting from being hurt and Seong-Jae
Ariana
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*4,5 stars*

My heart is bleeding.

Ah Seong-Jae.
This is the episode where we get to know him a little better and are given some hints about his past. The inner struggle he is facing, the horror and desperation inside him. It was heartbreaking to see that he seems to believe he does not deserve someone's affection and warmth, and that consequently he never allows himself to act upon his emotions, however strong they are.

He… he was not someone for Malcolm Khalaji. He was not someone who could entice
Caipi
Phew, this case didn't require a lot of investigation but an ethically and morally very difficult decision for Seong-Jae to make!

Truths Loveislovereview
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
S1E4 Changing Faces

I whole other story than the previous of this series.
Seong-Jae is on his own.. Malcolm is injured he has to rest and stay away from work... so the latest case is just for him and it does have an impact.

The tension in this read is different... it’s about inner turmoil and heavier and for me frustrating.
I wanted to kick some ass. But you have to respect someone’s opinion.

Seong-Jae:

Image may contain: 1 person, close-up

Malcolm :

Image may contain: 1 person, beard, close-up and outdoor

We get to know more and more about Seong-Jae and Malcolm... the case was less important h
Lisazj1
Ok, Simone. I did indeed throw a tantrum, because I freaking knew it, I knew it!! *fumes*

(view spoiler) And now we have some of Seong-Jae's ghosts trying to come back to life?

Dammit, it these guys can't have something go right for them,my head is going to explode!

*looks at a
♥Sharon♥
Mar 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing

These two are breaking my heart. It is killing me to watch them ache for each other but neither has the courage to take the leap.

Seong-Jae is fighting to keep his past in check. He would do anything to keep his demons buried deep but with each compression comes the realization that nothing is working. He is pushing way the one thing, the one person that puts his mind and heart at ease. With the glimpses we get of his past you can feel how deep his pain goes. Part of me can understand but anothe
Bev
***Triggers for Domestic Abuse in this story***

OK, so our two MC's are only a teeny tiny bit closer to that finally getting it together part BUT we get so many glimpses into their personal and past lives in this instalment, wonderful. It has to be said, Yoon absolutely fascinates me.

As Malcolm is still recovering from an attempt on his life, Yoon is going it alone and finding it very difficult to cope, although he does make a friend of Cara Stenson, the head of the forensics unit. Malcolm's ex
Nazanin ex-Profile
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!
I wish it were longer than 180 pages but I can't really complain. That ending though... *sigh* I didn't like it. I hope it'll get sorted out in the next book. I don't want to see Malcolm going down that same old road again. The ending however confirmed one theory I have. 🤔
Now that Seong-Jae has decided that enough is enough, I want to see more interaction between Seong-Jae and Stenson in the next episode. She was able to finally get him to confess some of his thoughts aloud, I apprecia
Reaperne
Feb 18, 2020 rated it liked it
The sexual tension CHILE
Chris
Oct 11, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 frustrating stars ! Seriously the angst between these two is ridiculous- there’s no hint of anything right now but longing and deep thoughts. I enjoy these characters but this book was a bit of a let down with Malcolm and Seong Jae working as individuals. They really have a greater dynamic together. I hope this romance/ connection isn’t too drawn out as I can see myself getting very frustrated 😬
Mariah
Mar 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
3.75 with some editing and polishing this series could’ve been on a whole ‘nother level. Truly.

As is I still have some issues with it, but I can’t deny how much I love Mal and Seong-Jae, individually or together

I’m also finally into the overarching case that’s brewing here, and it’s finally consuming me enough to make me overlook some stuff

I’m really going to deeply regret this and become very obsessed with this, right? Yeah, I can see it now
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 The Cardigans: ★★★★
#2 Junk Shop Blues: ★★★
#3 The Man with the Glass Eye: ★★★1/2

3 stars!

“Do what’s right by other people, and try not to cause any more harm.”

Changing Faces brings forth a Seong-Jae centric novel with quite a bit of intrigue and wonderful character development. The plot gives such great insight into Seong-Jae is as a person, as well as finally reveals tiny pieces of his backstory and past. There is quite a bit of internal conflict in the book, but it works to
Janeylou
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0000-sh-recs
Claude
My favorite couple of this year so far.

So so so:
Detective Yoon:

Detective Khalaji

These two OMG. I found them so cute.

We left them in the hospital following Malcom's "attack". Yoon who had finally decided to confess some things...to Malcom. I was shaking crazy! So excited. It was too easy!

Someone from the past of Malcom did some kind of "come back". I don't hate her but what a bad timing girl. Please! And change your name please (Like Yoon I was very very jealous haha).

Logically Yoon took a bi
Tania
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4,5*
This part felt like an interlude and it leaves me with mixed feelings.
The case was ethically difficult and I can relate to Seong-Jae's decision. (view spoiler) I really liked Cara in this book. I have a feeling Seong-Jae and Malcolm need allies for what is to come.
And why the ever-
ReadingAllNite
Transitional episode

This was a rather sad and upsetting installment. Malcolm and Seong-Jae seem farther apart than ever. Pieces of their past are gathering, including Malcolm’s ex-wife, although there’s no explanation yet for their past. Seong-Jae has to handle a case alone that challenges his rigid view of the law and justice.

Like others I’m very unhappy with Malcolm at the end of this, yet I can see why it happened. I also wonder how much is really manipulation of Malcolm. Discoveries about S
Ulysses Dietz
Jun 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Criminal Intentions, Season One Book Four: Changing Faces
By Cole McCade
Published by the author, 2018
Five stars

OK, I’ve bought book five – keeping my promise to carry on with this series, even as I draft my review for the latest book I’ve read. I’m woefully behind, but books are better than Netflix – you can enjoy them whenever you want. I have a huge backlog on my Kindle, so I space them out.

This episode offers an interesting shift – much of it focuses on Seong-Jae Yoon, although Malcolm Khalaj
Marion
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: buddy-read
4.5 Stars! I loved this episode! While I did miss Malcolm and Yoon together for most of the book, the interactions they did have were intense. And I loved getting to know more about the very secretive Yoon. This just keeps getting better and better!
Tina

Yep, another 5 stars read. :)
I'm starting to wonder when those two will be getting together and I can add the first of these books to my romance shelf.

The tension is increasing... the voltage is rising. Guys, come on!
Not as strong as the other books. Felt more like a "filler" book?? Just to show us how Seong-Jae is changing. I liked the introduction of Malcolm's ex-wife but I'm getting a little frustrated not knowing why they broke up yet, because, um, this would have been the perfect book to do that in ??? This is my guess: (view spoiler) ...more
Nazanin
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
⚣Michaelle⚣
This one hit waaaaaay to close to home for me, and I think - as awful as this sounds - that opening scene was cathartic in ways I don't want to look too closely at.

I'm not liking the ex-wife back in the picture. I love the character but holy shit she needs to find someone else, STAT.
Shan( Shans_Shelves) 💜
I didn’t enjoy this as much as the last book in the series but it was gripping and interesting nonetheless.

Due to Malcom’s actions in the previous book he’s recovering at home while Seong-Jae takes center stage; he has a Murder to solve, feelings he doesn’t want and a trial to deal with. All in all, he’s not having a good time.

Some of my favorite things about this episode:

•We finally get more than just snippets of Seong-Jae’s past. We even get a name! I’m so freaking excited to see what’s to co
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Orientation (Borealis Investigations, #1)
  • Triangulation (Borealis Investigations, #2)
  • One-Eyed Royals (Seven of Spades, #4)
  • Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (Big Bad Wolf, #4)
  • Paternity Case (Hazard and Somerset #3)
  • Principles of Spookology (The Spectral Files, #2)
  • Criminal Past (Hazard and Somerset #6)
  • Cash Plays (Seven of Spades, #3)
  • Ground Zero (Zero Hour, #1)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Guilt by Association (Hazard and Somerset, #4)
  • Transposition (Hazard and Somerset, #2)
  • Devil in the Details (Death and the Devil, #1.8)
  • Trick Roller (Seven of Spades, #2)
  • Reasonable Doubt (Hazard and Somerset #5)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • The Keeper of Bees (Hazard and Somerset: A Union of Swords #5)
Slender. Angry. (Part) Asian.

Yeah, that about sums me up.

Hi. I’m Cole. Xen. Whatever you want to call me; both are true, and both are lies. My pen names are multitudes, my nicknames legion. Tall, bi/queer, introverted author of a brown-ish persuasion made up of various flavors of Black, Asian, and Native American. I’m cuter than Hello Kitty, more bitter than the blackest coffee, and able to trip o

Criminal Intentions: Season One (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Cardigans (Criminal Intentions: Season One #1)
  • Junk Shop Blues (Criminal Intentions: Season One #2)
  • The Man with the Glass Eye (Criminal Intentions: Season One #3)
  • It's Witchcraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #5)
  • Where There’s Smoke (Criminal Intentions: Season One #6)
  • Cult of Personality (Criminal Intentions: Season One #7)
  • Collateral Damage (Criminal Intentions: Season One, #8)
  • A Single Bright Candle's Flame (Criminal Intentions: Season One #9)
  • Backdraft (Criminal Intentions: Season One #10)
  • Crescendo (Criminal Intentions: Season One #11)