Start by marking “The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)

The Peer and the Puppet

(When Rivals Play #1)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  9,819 ratings  ·  1,232 reviews
THE PUPPET

Borrow the bike. Win the race. Collect the cash. It should've been an easy job. Ran out of town with a broken leg and a lawsuit, my mother's latest flame swoops in like a knight in gilded armor. Blackwood Keep is a place I don't belong, and I'm not the only one who knows. To the boy across the hall, my savior's only son, I'm a stray looking for a bone.

He's lord
Published July 22nd 2018 by Bebe's Reads LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Peer and the Puppet, please sign up.
B.B. Reid Hi Lisa! I'll be announcing release date info and such soon. Make sure you're subscribed to my newsletter: www.bbreid.com/news

B xoxo
Steffy No not really - You can definitely wait until the next one.…moreNo not really - You can definitely wait until the next one. (less)

·  9,819 ratings  ·  1,232 reviews

Start your review of The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Guys the wait for this one was worthwhile!! It quickly went from a 5 star read and escalated to one of my favourite ones for this year..Saying I loved this is an understatement, get ready for one crazy angsty ride!!

THE PEER AND THE PUPPET is the first full length, New Adult novel in B.B.Reids s When Rivals Play' series. In this we meet Ever McNamara and Four Archer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Four's dreams have never wavered from wanting
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

DAYMN KISSABLE LIPS ALERT!

LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
THE PUPPET
Borrow the bike. Win the race. Collect the cash. It shouldve been an easy job. Ran out of town with a broken leg and a lawsuit, my mothers latest flame swoops in like a knight in gilded armor. Blackwood Keep is a place I dont belong, and Im not the only one who knows. To the boy across the hall, my saviors only son, Im a stray looking for a bone.
Hes lord of the manor.
King of the academy.
And number one on my shit list.
THE PEER
I
TJ *Book Twins Reviews*
Teen drama. Angst central. A badass heroine. An even badder ass hero!
Bebe Reid excels at writing NA that makes me wish I could do high school all over again with her entire cast of characters! I freaking loved it!

Here's the breakdown: Four's badass behavior lands her in a situation that leads her mother to decide they need a change of scenario. Her mother has a plan and soon they move into a life altering position, where she meets Ever. Her new nemesis and pseudo step-brother. The love/hate
chan ☆
Aug 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
y i k e s

dnf @ 65%

basic premise: hick girl's mother falls for rich man with douche bag son. nothing real new right? you'd be wrong.

hick girl is named four. douche bag son is named ever. four. ever. i want to gag. jokes aside, this shit was the most convoluted and ridiculous thing i've read this year. ever is constantly blackmailing, teasing, and trying to force himself on four. four might think ever is hot but she genuinely seems to want nothing to do with him... yet entertains his advances??

mel ☽

3.5 stars ✧

really? i mean- really...? Four (h) + Ever (H) = fOuREveR

i don't know about y'all but the only acceptable character who's named after a number is my husband #129483: Theo James aka Four aka Tobias Eaton, but ok whatever. i understand why she was named "Four" but still.

this is being compared to paper princess because of the whole step-sibling rivalry trope but i can't say anything about this comparison since i've never even read said book so sorry about that. but anyways, if y'all are
Jen
*** 3.5 Stars!!!***

I have to say I was expecting a way more exciting book... I found it to be slow at times and not a lot of anything was going on at times. I didnt dislike Four and Evers story, I just felt that a lot of issues that were brought up never did get fixed... nor did questions get answered. An example of this would be when Ever ( our hero) said he had some dirt on Fours ( heroine) Mom, we never discovered what he had on her??? Also, the push and pull of Four and Evers relationship
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
B.B. Reid has the extraordinary ability to perfectly capture the adolescent experience, even in unrealistic ways. Her stories bring me back to my youth and remind me of who I was and how I acted. It's not always a pretty picture, but it's always fun. I used to think I was invincible, all-powerful and all-knowing. And watching these characters act like that was beyond entertaining.

Four Archer - The Puppet - was her own person. She loved to ride, she loved to race, and she felt that she had her
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

B.B. Reid delivers a mountain of push and pull and then a cliffhanger ending!

description

Im excited for the next book as I have my own theories as to what is going on outside this YUMMY teenage romance.

Four...Ever...forever.
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I made myself only skim the 5 star raving reviews for this because I didn't want to get my hopes up. While I'm glad I did and went in pretty blind, I also was disappointed that I didn't love it like so many other readers seemed to. The ending was pretty non-existent to where I am even hesitating to label it as "HFN". I get that they're young (and I often have this problem with YA/NA books), but there were so many unanswered questions in the end that I found it really
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If youre into sexy unrepentant @$$h013 bad boys, let me tell you a bit about Ever. Hes got quite the chip on his shoulder, some daddy issues, and a new lady in his life that did not get to be there by choice but who definitely makes his life for interesting. Hes the puppeteer peer to Fours puppet.

Four might be his puppet out of necessity and for her emotional survival but she will not let him pull the strings any way he likes. Shes got this air about her that makes you question who really is in
Bibi
Jan 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
I could have sworn I've read multiple versions of this story already (same premise as "Fall Away series" by Douglas & "The Royals" by Watt).
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
4-4,5 stars

The Peer and The Puppet blew me away!What a ride, I loved it!If you like cocky and asshole heroes then this is exactly what you need!The characters rocked this story!

description

Four and Ever were full of tension,passion and angst!They were driving me crazy in a good way and I couldn't get enough of them!Their story was addictive!

It was fast paced and the secondary characters were also so good!I love the writing a lot!I'm looking forward for the next book!!

Jane Washington
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This book did 'enemies to lovers' so well I immediately dumped my boyfriend and started a fight with him, because this book is #relationshipgoals in the best, and most fu**ed up way possible.
Okay, I lied. I never had a boyfriend to begin with.
I DID love this book, though.
Now I have to choose between going out and getting a boyfriend, or reading all of B.B. Reid's books.
Okay, I lied again. There was never any competition. On to the next book!
Bookadmirer
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
This book is a total crap.

There wasn't any chemistry between the protagonists. Their rivalry was silly and didn't make sense to me. The plot was dull, nothing was actually happening. This book was boring,
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Favorite
*re-read 2019 Still Favorite!*

I LOVED this one so so so much!!! I was so looking forward to it!
As all my friends know I LOVE enemies to lovers! It's also hard to write it and Queen B.B. did it beautifuly!

There were lots of moments thzt I was giggling and squeeling like a little girl (It's a rare thing for me)
The story didn't end with this one it will continue in the other books. Which makes it exciting and irritating as well, because we need to be patient..

It gave me such happiness! For
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Once upon a puppet..." stars***

{Okay!!!! This gif is kind of... scary!!!}

You were never worthy of my strings.

I had such a long time to read a book by B.B. Reid, even though the "Broken Love" series are from my favorites and Keiran will always be the A$$ of my heart!!!!
And of course, the author made me fall in love with another one series of hers!!!! Yeah, I know that I'm still in the first book, but in two weeks will be released the second one and I already know too many things about
Birjis
***First read - 9th Feb, 2019***

***Re-read - 5th May, 2020***

B.B Reid has talent for writing bully, anti-hero kind of romances with high school drama including the main characters having enigmatic background. This is my second re-read and I was absorbed in the book better than the first time. And I loved it again.

Ever and Four, these names were absurd but, the absurdness evaporated at how blending the author gives us the history of their names. A snobby hero with a loyal heart and a heroine with
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5+ FourEver Stars!
From beginning to end, this read was intense, intriguing, exciting and fantastically written. Not to mention, seductive and sexy!

The Review:
I love this authors work. Im a huge fan. But I have to admit, I think The Peer and the Puppet is her best work to date! I haven't been this pumped about a book in a long while. Thank you B.B. Reid. Book funk, GONE!

From the
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Available Now - Full Review

5 Need More CROWNS

We might have been waiting for the first book in the When Rivals Play series from B.B. Reid for some time, but it was worth the wait.  Reid delivered filled with some intrigue and mystery and lust filled and I hate you tension that I couldn't put this down.

Ever is such a jerk, a sexy, delicious, I couldn't control myself jerk. He is the king of his Prep school and rules over his kingdom. He toys and plays with Four for a good portion of the book,
Liz
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-ayy
AHHHH can't wait! I frickin love B.B. Reid. Bring me dat alphaa. Also, five starring this because 1. B.B. Reid, and 2. it annoys me when people give bad ratings to books before they're even released. What the hell, people. Take your nonsense elsewhere.
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
Tianna✸loves books✸
Lost Interest.

The Paper Princess wannabes. Seriously was that book so popular that there are so many replicas out there?
This book is actually a mixture of that and also Fear me by this author.

I was not a fan of any of these books so this was bizarre for me.
I actually wonder that do teenagers really behave in such ways nowadays?
So much intensity, so much hatred, so much stupidity.....

And also why do the female leads (in this and also in the above books) poke around the asshole heroes. Why are
Snow
Four Archer is suddenly moving with her mother Roslyn, from a small place Cherry to Blackwood Keep, into the new house of her mother's latest boyfriend Thomas, where the abundance in money and power is just a glimpse of what actually comes down to, and then, there's also Everson/Ever McNamara .

The boy who runs the school along with his entourage Vaughn, Jameson/Jamie, Barbette/Barbie/Bee, the boy who lives a secret life, the boy whose so intense, dominant, possesive and blunt, he has his own
Kayla Brunson
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my second book by B.B. Reid and I must say, she knows how to hook me. I was enchanted from chapter one. Four and Ever gave me exactly what I wanted. Angst, chemistry, and a relationship to actually root for. There was never a time that I couldn't tell that they had feelings for each other.

I liked Four almost instantly. Fours story and relationship with her mother was a bit heartbreaking to read about. I thought that the author just gave her a dumbass name but once we were told how it
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Candice Marie

Id been looking forward to The Peer and Puppet for a long time and I can say with absolute certainty that it was completely worth the wait!

I love Four! Shes one of my favorite heroines that Ive read in a long time. Feisty, with a backbone made of steel, yet vulnerable without being a doormat.

Ever is the Pretty boy rich kid whos deliciously broody, intriguing, and such a jerk you cant help but want to punch him AND throw your panties at him!

I devoured this book from
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
IF YOU LOVE stories with SUSPENSE, ALPHA ASSHOLES, HOT AS HELL ANTIHEROES, BAD ASS heroines and AMAZING secondary characters then this book is FOR YOU!

The suspense! The twists! The turns! The bromance and the banter!! The push and pull between Ever and Four. I. JUST. CAN'T. I have the biggest book hangover ever. I stayed up til 5 am reading this book, and when I woke up hours later, I dove right back in. It was one of those books that just kept me sucked in and needing to know wtf was going to
~Dawn~TUG
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Gotta say it started with intrigue from the blurb and now Im addicted to the story and where its all heading...this one had all the elements I love in a elite high school scene. The haves and the have nots combining to be all that and more. Addicting, suspenseful, well written and keeps you wanting MORE. The "it" boy with the "new" girl that has never had much...love, attention, a fighter...catches the eye of HIM. The Peer is completely captured by the The Puppet. Let the games begin. All ...more
Karima chermiti
Full review posted : 10 August 2018

Spoiler warning : The quotes that I used are tagged as spoilers because some readers may not want to read crude or offensive language but I just had to include them in the review to justify some of my thoughts. so have that in my mind if you choose to read this review

I dont know what I precisely expected from this book but I know for sure it wasnt what I got. Im well aware that B.B. Reid books are dark and the romance is always twisted and I dont mind that
nikki
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Re-read - May 2019

I didnt think it was possible but I loved Four and Ever even more the second time around!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!! What a way to pop my B.B. Reid cherry! I am absolutely kicking myself that ive never read anything by this author before now, but thats definitely about to change.
THE PEER AND THE PUPPET had me hooked from the very first page. I wanted so badly to hate Ever because he was just downright nasty, but there was something about him that had me intrigued, plus Im a bit of a
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!!
Im so fucking happy this book finally came out. Id like to say that I finished it in one sitting, but alas that is not so. I didnt have that much time to read.

BUT

Every singe word was worth the wait.
Ever. What can i say about him? Well, hes hot, alpha A-hole, loaded aaaand tall.

Four, was a badass! Shes not some kind of simpering wallflower. She has a backbone who gave as good as she got. Shes strong as well as a little vulnerable and thats a tough thing to pull off.

Miss Reid did a

• Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Boys of Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #1)
  • I Dare You (Dare, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Trouble at Brayshaw High (Brayshaw, #2)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • Riot House (Crooked Sinners, #1)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • Tell Me Pretty Lies
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • The Silver Swan (Elite Kings Club, #1)
  • Reign of Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #3)
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • Broken Trust (Dark Legacy #2)
B.B. Reid grew up the only daughter and middle child in a small town in North Carolina. After graduating with a Bachelors in Finance, she started her career at an investment research firm while continuing to serve in the National Guard. She currently resides in Charlotte with her moody cat and enjoys collecting Chuck Taylors and binge-eating chocolate.

CONNECT WITH B.B. REID:

Reiderville

When Rivals Play (4 books)
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)
  • The Punk and the Plaything (When Rivals Play, #3)
  • The Prince and the Pawn (When Rivals Play, #4)

News & Interviews

“Well, maybe he should be upfront with her. Don Lemon once said, ‘There’s a degree of deception in silence.” 3 likes
“How did I put into words that the mere thought of her not breathing the same air as me made me a little less desperate for my next breath? Could I even trust her with that kind of power?” 1 likes