Start by marking “The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Peer and the Puppet (When Rivals Play, #1)

The Peer and the Puppet

(When Rivals Play #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  3,186 Ratings  ·  461 Reviews
THE PUPPET

Borrow the bike. Win the race. Collect the cash. It should've been an easy job. Ran out of town with a broken leg and a lawsuit, my mother's latest flame swoops in like a knight in gilded armor. Blackwood Keep is a place I don't belong, and I'm not the only one who knows. To the boy across the hall, my savior's only son, I'm a stray looking for a bone.

He's lord o
Published July 22nd 2018 by Bebe's Reads LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Peer and the Puppet, please sign up.
B.B. Reid Hi Lisa! I'll be announcing release date info and such soon. Make sure you're subscribed to my newsletter: www.bbreid.com/news

B xoxo
Steffy No not really - You can definitely wait until the next one.

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

MY REVIEW can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS

Guys the wait for this one was worthwhile!! It quickly went from a 5 star read and escalated to one of my favourite ones for this year..Saying I loved this is an understatement, get ready for one crazy angsty ride!!

‘THE PEER AND THE PUPPET’ is the first full length, New Adult novel in B.B.Reids ’s ‘When Rivals Play' series. In this we meet Ever McNamara and Four Archer.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Four's dreams have never wavered from wanting to
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

DAYMN KISSABLE LIPS ALERT!

LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
THE PUPPET
Borrow the bike. Win the race. Collect the cash. It should’ve been an easy job. Ran out of town with a broken leg and a lawsuit, my mother’s latest flame swoops in like a knight in gilded armor. Blackwood Keep is a place I don’t belong, and I’m not the only one who knows. To the boy across the hall, my savior’s only son, I’m a stray looking for a bone.
He’s lord of the manor.
King of the academy.
And number one on my shit list.
TH
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
Teen drama. Angst central. A badass heroine. An even badder ass hero!
Bebe Reid excels at writing NA that makes me wish I could do high school all over again with her entire cast of characters! I freaking loved it!

Here's the breakdown: Four's badass behavior lands her in a situation that leads her mother to decide they need a change of scenario. Her mother has a plan and soon they move into a life altering position, where she meets Ever. Her new nemesis and pseudo step-brother. The love/hate re
B.B. Reid
Aug 30, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
LIVE EARLY!

Dri ✰
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
★ 3 stars!! ★

“Ever and I weren’t a thing. We were a giant meteor heading straight for Earth with nothing in its path to stop it.”

Eu gostei dos personagens principais tanto quanto dos secundários nesse livro. Conseguiram ganhar a minha simpatia, mesmo eu não concordando com algumas de suas atitudes.

O ritmo e o desenrolar da história me agradou até aproximadamente 70-80%. A partir desse ponto a trama, assim como os personagens, perderam um pouco da força e brilho pra mim. E isso acabou me frus
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, arc, contemporary, ya
B.B. Reid has the extraordinary ability to perfectly capture the adolescent experience, even in unrealistic ways. Her stories bring me back to my youth and remind me of who I was and how I acted. It's not always a pretty picture, but it's always fun. I used to think I was invincible, all-powerful and all-knowing. And watching these characters act like that was beyond entertaining.

Four Archer - The Puppet - was her own person. She loved to ride, she loved to race, and she felt that she had her li
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

B.B. Reid delivers a mountain of push and pull and then a cliffhanger ending!

description

I’m excited for the next book as I have my own theories as to what is going on outside this YUMMY teenage romance.

”Four...Ever...forever.”
XxTainaxX
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re into sexy unrepentant @$$h013 bad boys, let me tell you a bit about Ever. He’s got quite the chip on his shoulder, some daddy issues, and a new lady in his life that did not get to be there by choice but who definitely makes his life for interesting. He’s the puppeteer peer to Four’s puppet.

Four might be his puppet out of necessity and for her emotional survival but she will not let him pull the strings any way he likes. She’s got this air about her that makes you question who really
chandler ainsley ❁
Aug 11, 2018 rated it did not like it
y i k e s

dnf @ 65%

basic premise: hick girl's mother falls for rich man with douche bag son. nothing real new right? you'd be wrong.

hick girl is named four. douche bag son is named ever. four. ever. i want to gag. jokes aside, this shit was the most convoluted and ridiculous thing i've read this year. ever is constantly blackmailing, teasing, and trying to force himself on four. four might think ever is hot but she genuinely seems to want nothing to do with him... yet entertains his advances??

ot
Akiko
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, adult-romance, br
3 Hate-to-Love Stars

Four Archer grew up with a mom who is a bit complicated and simple at the same time, and loving bikes, racing on bikes, and not really getting attached to people, except for Gruff, a guy who is kinda like her fill-in dad. Her real dad was never in the picture.

Ever McNamara is the only son to Thomas McNamara, a 5star, hotel chain, billionaire. Ever tends to get what he wants, and when his dad brings home an x-maid (from one of his Virginia hotels) and her teenage daughter (Fou
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4-4,5 stars

The Peer and The Puppet blew me away!What a ride, I loved it!If you like cocky and asshole heroes then this is exactly what you need!The characters rocked this story!

description

Four and Ever were full of tension,passion and angst!They were driving me crazy in a good way and I couldn't get enough of them!Their story was addictive!

It was fast paced and the secondary characters were also so good!I love the writing a lot!I'm looking forward for the next book!!

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Favorite

I LOVED this one so so so much!!! I was so looking forward to it!
As all my friends know I LOVE enemies to lovers! It's also hard to write it and Queen B.B. did it beautifuly!

There were lots of moments thzt I was giggling and squeeling like a little girl (It's a rare thing for me)
What I don't really get is will we get the wrap up? (view spoiler)

It gave me such happiness! For the ones that know a bit of me know I'm still having a hard time, so happiness is rare and doesn't last. But this
Jane Washington
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This book did 'enemies to lovers' so well I immediately dumped my boyfriend and started a fight with him, because this book is #relationshipgoals in the best, and most fu**ed up way possible.
Okay, I lied. I never had a boyfriend to begin with.
I DID love this book, though.
Now I have to choose between going out and getting a boyfriend, or reading all of B.B. Reid's books.
Okay, I lied again. There was never any competition. On to the next book!
April
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 I ❤ Ever stars!!

Lots of angst and alpha male hotness.
This book had so many great characters and the banter between all of them made for a fun, dramatic read. Although the hate to love story line is not something new I still very much enjoyed this book. I’m definitely ready for more Four and Ever...bring on the next book!
Maddie
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AHHHH can't wait! I frickin love B.B. Reid. Bring me dat alphaa. Also, five starring this because 1. B.B. Reid, and 2. it annoys me when people give bad ratings to books before they're even released. What the hell, people. Take your nonsense elsewhere.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5+ FourEver Stars!
”From beginning to end, this read was intense, intriguing, exciting and fantastically written. Not to mention, seductive and sexy!”

The Review:
I love this author’s work. I’m a huge fan. But I have to admit, I think The Peer and the Puppet is her best work to date! I haven't been this pumped about a book in a long while. Thank you B.B. Reid. Book funk, GONE!

From
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog

Mindblowing. Angst-filled. Drama driven. Riveting. Intense. Brilliant. NA at it's finest. Masterful writing.The list goes on and on, but what I can assure you - The Peer and the Puppet by B.B Reid is more than a 5 star read! Hail!

For a reader who digs stories brilliantly crafted, I sure as hell always count on B.B Reid's work. From that book she wrote that hit big time and have been constantly raved in the book community, she marked my heart, stole and owned it. I have been a fan since, and t
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Available Now - Full Review

5 Need More CROWNS

We might have been waiting for the first book in the When Rivals Play series from B.B. Reid for some time, but it was worth the wait.  Reid delivered filled with some intrigue and mystery and lust filled and I hate you tension that I couldn't put this down.

Ever is such a jerk, a sexy, delicious, I couldn't control myself jerk. He is the king of his Prep school and rules over his kingdom. He toys and plays with Four for a good portion of the book, lead
ConfessionsofaRomanceJunkie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed by: Candice Marie

I’d been looking forward to The Peer and Puppet for a long time and I can say with absolute certainty that it was completely worth the wait!

I love Four! She’s one of my favorite heroines that I’ve read in a long time. Feisty, with a backbone made of steel, yet vulnerable without being a doormat.

Ever is the Pretty boy rich kid who’s deliciously broody, intriguing, and such a jerk you can’t help but want to punch him AND throw your panties at him!

I devoured this book
~Dawn~TUG
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Gotta say it started with intrigue from the blurb and now I’m addicted to the story and where it’s all heading...this one had all the elements I love in a elite high school scene. The haves and the have nots combining to be all that and more. Addicting, suspenseful, well written and keeps you wanting MORE. The "it" boy with the "new" girl that has never had much...love, attention, a fighter...catches the eye of HIM. The Peer is completely captured by the The Puppet. Let the games begin. All ...more
Snow
Four Archer is suddenly moving with her mother Roslyn, from a small place Cherry to Blackwood Keep, into the new house of her mother's latest boyfriend Thomas, where the abundance in money and power is just a glimpse of what actually comes down to, and then, there's also Everson/Ever McNamara .

The boy who runs the school along with his entourage Vaughn, Jameson/Jamie, Barbette/Barbie/Bee, the boy who lives a secret life, the boy whose so intense, dominant, possesive and blunt, he has his own
Serena
IF YOU LOVE stories with SUSPENSE, ALPHA ASSHOLES, HOT AS HELL ANTIHEROES, BAD ASS heroines and AMAZING secondary characters then this book is FOR YOU!

The suspense! The twists! The turns! The bromance and the banter!! The push and pull between Ever and Four. I. JUST. CAN'T. I have the biggest book hangover ever. I stayed up til 5 am reading this book, and when I woke up hours later, I dove right back in. It was one of those books that just kept me sucked in and needing to know wtf was going to
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finally!!!
I’m so fucking happy this book finally came out. I’d like to say that I finished it in one sitting, but alas that is not so. I didn’t have that much time to read.

BUT

Every singe word was worth the wait.
Ever. What can i say about him? Well, he’s hot, alpha A-hole, loaded aaaand tall.

Four, was a badass! She’s not some kind of simpering wallflower. She has a backbone who gave as good as she got. She’s strong as well as a little vulnerable and that’s a tough thing to pull off.

Miss Reid did
Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!
Tianna✸loves books✸
Lost Interest.

The Paper Princess wannabes. Seriously was that book so popular that there are so many replicas out there?
This book is actually a mixture of that and also Fear me by this author.

I was not a fan of any of these books so this was bizarre for me.
I actually wonder that do teenagers really behave in such ways nowadays?
So much intensity, so much hatred, so much stupidity.....

And also why do the female leads (in this and also in the above books) poke around the asshole heroes. Why are
Vanessa When Vane Reads
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, favoritos
English version
Wow just wow, I just finished one of the best stories of 2018, it left me completely and absolutely obsessed with the plot and the characters, it's so addictive that I want to read it again and again. Since I read the synopsis I knew I had to read it, but it completely exceeded all my expectations.

A journey full of emotion, drama, banter, anguish, secrets, sexual tension, chemistry, with characters too interesting, I can not get enough of them, I fell completely and absolutely in
BookSmacked
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great start to a series that I can’t wait for more of. When I first saw the announcement for this book I salivated. I live and I mean LIVE for these types of books. Love / Hate romances get my blood pumping and this book definitely has that with two two main characters.

Four finds herself as puppet, pun intended by her possible future step brother Ever. He’s made it his mission to make her life well miserable even though the fact that their parents are together is no fault of hers.

These two p
Alyssa
3+ Guilty Pleasure Stars

Ugh. I love these kinds of reads. This is the definition of my guilty pleasure. And I will always gobble this stuff up.

It's problematic AF. Everyone's back-and-forth gives you whiplash. It's over-the-top. It's dramatic. Everyone has secrets. You're not entirely sure what's going on at all times. And some of the stuff usually would make your eyeballs roll out of your head. Throw in the fact you're reading about "highschoolers." But nonetheless, you can't stop turning the p
Amber
A YA enemies-to-lovers story and a great beginning to a series I'm so excited to continue. For anyone who enjoys Penelope Douglas (Bully), you will love this book.

Our heroine Four, is a tomboy that loves to street race motorcycles and works in a garage as a mechanic. She runs into a little trouble one night during one of her street races with a gang that is trying to manipulate the race. That trouble forces her and her mother to move into her mother's rich boyfriend's house in another town and
Karima chermiti
Full review posted : 10 August 2018

Spoiler warning : The quotes that I used are tagged as spoilers because some readers may not want to read crude or offensive language but I just had to include them in the review to justify some of my thoughts. so have that in my mind if you choose to read this review

I don’t know what I precisely expected from this book but I know for sure it wasn’t what I got. I’m well aware that B.B. Reid books are dark and the romance is always twisted and I don’t mind th
B.B. Reid is the author of eight novels including the hit enemies-to-lovers Fear Me. She grew up the only daughter and middle child in a small town in North Carolina. After graduating with a Bachelors in Finance, she started her career at an investment research firm while continuing to serve in the National Guard. She currently resides in Charlotte with her moody cat and enjoys collecting Chuck Ta ...more

When Rivals Play (4 books)
  • The Moth and the Flame (When Rivals Play, #2)
  • The Punk and the Plaything (When Rivals Play, #3)
  • The Prince and the Pawn (When Rivals Play, #4)
“I beg to differ. My former favorite cousin would have ridden her hard by now.”

“What the—she’s not a horse.” I felt my nostrils flare when I turned on him.

“Give me a fucking break. Of course, she’s not a horse. You can’t fuck a horse.”

I ran my hand down my face and counted to five.”
0 likes
“What’s in there?” “My workroom.” “I didn’t know gangsters needed a workroom.” I laughed, but it only gave my discomfort a voice. He smiled as he shoved the key inside the lock while I prayed he didn’t have someone tied up inside. I was slowly falling for this boy, and I secretly dreaded what might ruin it.” 0 likes