Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*'s Reviews > The Peer and the Puppet

The Peer and the Puppet by B.B. Reid

Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

5+ FourEver Stars!
”From beginning to end, this read was intense, intriguing, exciting and fantastically written. Not to mention, seductive and sexy!”

The Review:
I love this author’s work. I’m a huge fan. But I have to admit, I think The Peer and the Puppet is her best work to date! I haven't been this pumped about a book in a long while. Thank you B.B. Reid. Book funk, GONE!

From the moment this book opens up, I was H.O.O.K.E.D! Once I started it, I absolutely couldn’t put it down and read straight through to the climatic end. I ignored all of life’s chaos for one blissful day and reveled in the euphoria of reading Ever and Four’s story.

No lie, this book is straight up the holy grail of reading for 2018! Outstanding doesn't even come close to describing it for me.

High angsts.
Intense drama.
Sexy, rebellious heroine.
Broody, hardcore ass-hero.
Amazing side characters.
Phenomenal story!

A MUST READ!

Story/Characters...
This book opens up with our heroine being a badass! Sixteen-year-old Four Archer is a loner who likes going fast and crushing the competition. But after a night of fun in the small town of Cherry, that ended with a crashed “borrowed” bike, a broken leg and a threat at gunpoint by a member from the notorious east coast gang Exiled, Fours’ moms uses the excuse to whisk her away to her lovers mansion in Blackwood Keep, Connecticut. She’s suddenly pulled from a blue-collar existence to live and mingle with the rich and entitled. The moment she spots her new “step-brother”, it’s an instant attraction and an immediate hate.

The puppet has just met her peer.

Ever McNamara is broody, intense, privileged and has no time for his father's new family. The moment he lays eyes on Four, he hates her on sight. But he can’t help but be drawn to her too. Something about her makes him act up but also makes him feel alive again.

The peer has just met his puppet.

But Ever has a plan that doesn’t involve the distraction of Four and he needs her out of his way, fast. So he uses an opportunity to get rid of her, despite how much he wants to keep her. When she returns, the game is back on and it’s a no holds bar war of revenge and temptation.

WOW! These two were so much fun! Trust me, you won't be able to help yourself. You’re going to love them as much as I did.

This book also has AMAZING side characters and I can’t wait for each of their stories! The author made me fall in love with them ALL!

There’s also a storm brewing in the background. Secrets, lies, rivals and huge reveals. There are sub-characters and subplots galore! At every turn, there’s something new.

Like I said... a must read!

My thoughts...
Four and Ever had amazing chemistry and a fiery passion that couldn’t be denied, no matter how much they tried. I loved Four. Her character was unique, solid and her no-shits-to-give attitude was perfection. She was a fighter. Ever was the ultimate anguished mean boy but you just can’t help but fall in love with his assholery, because behind it all, there’s a deeper pain he’s struggling with.

This was a complete story and call me a greedy bitch, but I can’t help but want more...

More Blackwood Keep.
More Exiled.
More Peer and his Puppet.
More of ALL the characters. They all STOLE. MY. HEART!
More drama.
More angsts.
More sexual tension between two opposing forces.
More heart flutters.
More chest pangs.

More everything this read gave me!

This was a layered, multi-dimensional story with fascinating characters. There was something constantly going on. No lulls or slow moments at all. It flowed brilliantly from one sentence to the next. The pace was perfection. And past two reluctant, strong-willed lovers battling it out, there’s a much bigger story at play. In true B.B. Reid fashion, there’s danger, manipulation, complications, attraction, fear, torment and trickery with an intricate, wide-arching story that’s going to span over several books.

I can’t wait for the next!

Wish list...
I know we’ll see Four and Ever again, but I want more of their story. There’s more to uncover and their journey isn’t done. I want... no, NEED, to know what comes next for them.

The Wrap Up:
From beginning to end, this read was intense, intriguing, exciting and fantastically written. Not to mention, seductive and sexy! At my age, I kinda felt pervy for crushing on an 18-year-old hottie, but I’d gladly cackle like a lunatic all the way to hell if it meant loving Ever all the way down.
If you’re a fan of reading, you’re going to love this book! Simple as that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Peer and the Puppet.

January 31, 2018 – Shelved
July 24, 2018 – Shelved as: new-adult
July 24, 2018 – Shelved as: romance
July 24, 2018 – Shelved as: thriller
July 24, 2018 – Shelved as: suspense

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Juls so....should i do this one or Vi's book???

message 2: by Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* (last edited Jul 23, 2018 01:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Juls wrote: "so....should i do this one or Vi's book???"

BOTH!! I'm reading this one now and WOW! It's so damn good. You're going to like this one! :D

Juls is it Tijan angsty??

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Juls wrote: "is it Tijan angsty??"

Yes! It reminds me of FC a little. The story is angsty, the love/hate relationship is angsty, the other relationships are angsty... It's loaded with angsts! lol. And drama. It also has that unrealistic drama we love so much. I'm about half way through and totally hooked.

Juls well okay, i guess i know what i'm gonna read next LOL

Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews* Juls wrote: "well okay, i guess i know what i'm gonna read next LOL"

Ha! I'm a fabulous book pimp. :D