Start by marking “Catch Him If You Can” as Want to Read:
Catch Him If You Can

Catch Him If You Can

(Accidentally Yours #2)

Veterinarian Wade Roberts is done with love. But try convincing the elderly folk of Cape Harmony who are determined to play matchmaker. Now the young single women in town are bombarding him with baked goods and love notes, and being taken is the only way to stop the meddling grannieswhich is why he needs a fake fiancée. Fast.

Arden Pearson loves planning weddings. Other
Published August 13th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Bliss)

To ask other readers questions about Catch Him If You Can, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catch Him If You Can

Start your review of Catch Him If You Can
Nicola
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its been a while since Ive read a book by Jennifer Shirk and Im scratching my head as to why because she always delivers a light, engaging romance with endearing characters. Even more so when the couple in question are a Doctor Who loving, bespectacled, widowed veterinarian and his sisters best-friend who may plan weddings for a living, yet having being left at the alter herself, has sworn off men.

description They were practically two relationship-dysfunctional peas in a pod.

I have to confess, the
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Jennifer Shirk is an autobuy author for me, I just love her books! So mark your calendars for August 13, because you'll want to grab this one and devour it like I did!

I've really come to love the whole "fake relationship" troupe and thought this was one of the best ones I've read so far. Wade and Arden have known each other for a long time and their reasons for faking a relationship seemed realistic and I liked how it was written. They have a natural chemistry that just jumps off the pages. The
Jennifer Shirk
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Hi, yes, I've read this book.
Actually, I've read this book MANY times over since I wrote it. :-)

A lot of firsts with this book:
my first veterinarian hero, my first hero with glasses, my first hero who is a Dr. Who fan, and my first book with a DOG on the cover. (Really happy about that last one, by the way)

Hope you enjoy the Hallmark-esque moments of Wade and Arden's story.
Kathy Jo
After the passing of his wife, Wade Roberts has sworn off love. There is no way he'll ever put his heart out there again. He'd be setting himself up to be crushed. No one should have to go through what he went through. He dates but the women know going into it that nothing serious will ever happen between them.

After being left at the alter, Arden Pearson came to the conclusion that she's not cut out for the long term, happily ever after kind of love. But just because she isn't cut out for
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I love reading books by Jennifer Shirk! She has a gift for writing books that are easy to settle in with. There is always a pull with her books that makes me want to keep reading and keep reading. . .

Wade and Arden have some zingy chemistry. The mutual attraction is there so when they decide to help each other out by faking a relationship, boy do those sparks start flying. I loved the fun banter between Wade and Arden. It was so easy to imagine them, like scenes from a movie. Arden falls quickly
Stephanie
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this title via NetGalley. It does not impact my review.

This book was so cute! After reading a number of mysteries/thrillers lately I was really in the mood for something light and sweet and Catch Him If You Can was exactly what I needed. I found myself smiling through the whole book.

I love a good fake relationship story and Jennifer Shirk always does a good job with them. I thought the circumstances leading up to the relationship were humorous, especially the small town
Katie W
Wade has been shattered by love before and isn't in any hurry to find love again, much to the dismay of the meddling menagerie of women in town. These women cracked me up! From Judy at the coffee shop, who only hears what she wants to hear, to the ladies bringing in "sick" pets to the clinic and leaving food on his doorstep, there are a lot of laughs brought to the reader by these ladies. Wade is the hot, but nerdy, vet in town and isn't safe from anyone's advances.

Arden, Wade's younger sister's
Bette Hansen
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It's a sweet lighthearted fake relationship romance that left me with a big goofy smile on my face. It starts with the light freak out Wade has when he sees his waiting full of the town's single ladies and carries on as the town embraces the new relationship between Wade and Arden. While Wade has his reasons for avoiding relationships Arden definitely has him rethinking his position. Watching these two slowly fall for each other is a fun journey. I highly recommend this one.
melissafandomworld
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
*Thanks to the nice people over at Entangled I was able to read an e-arc of this book in exchange of me leaving an honest review*

---

a 3.5-star rating for Catch him if you can. This was a really enjoyable story about two people who are adamant each for their own reason about staying single. But when one becomes the sole project of the townspeople to find him a nice woman and the other gets compromised at work when she tells an A-list client shes engaged which she is not, of course these two
Paula
Aug 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
Tired of romances where Hero is a widower and can't get over his past love. It always feels like heroine settled for second best....

Why me?

Isha Coleman
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chase away the clouds and let the sunshine in. Shirk lit up my day with Catch Him If You Can. When Wade and Arden decide to say goodbye to love, they end saying hello to forever. A bit of small town matchmaking full of big city personality had me losing my head and finding my heart. Hot fun in the summertime.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)

Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
He needs a fake girlfriend. She needs a fake fiancé. What could possibly go wrong? In Catch Him if You Can, the second book in the Accidentally Yours series, Arden Pearson and Wade Roberts are going to find out faking it never felt so good or real.

Catch Him if You Can is my favorite book Jennifer Shirk has written. From start to finish, the book had me either smiling, laughing, or sighing. Jennifer has written a friends-to-lovers, sibling/best friend, fake relationship story thats easy to fall
Pelusa Rivera
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author.. (netgalley) We have a fake engagement and friends to lovers story. Wade is a widower and he is not ready to move on but he lives in a small town and the woman there do not leave him alone he is desperate for them to stop. He asks Arden his sisters best friend to play his fake girlfriend, and she thinks he is crazy but also feels that he needs to start living again. When a client of hers will only sign if she is in a committed relationship she asks Wade to agree ...more
Pascale
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
-She sighed. You know, I used to feel sorry for Miranda because she died young and missed out on so much in life. But I was wrong. Now, I can see youre the one I should feel sorry for. He stared at her. Why me? Because when she died, you put yourself in that coffin with her and closed yourself off to any kind of future commitment with another woman. To a wonderful woman, I might add. Since Mirandas death, Ive never seen you so happy as these past few weeks with Arden. Your life seemedfull. But ...more
Anastasia
LMAO at this one. Arden and Wade were hilarious together.
Bec

In order to save her business as a wedding planner, Arden Pearson needs a fiancé quick. Luckily, there's someone that needs her just as much to stop the women of their small town from matchmaking. When Wade agrees to be her fake fiancé, Arden soon finds herself in trouble since falling in love was not part of their deal. Will Wade ever come to feel for Arden the way she feels for him or is their relationship never ever going to be more than fake?

What an absolutely entertaining, fast-paced,
Ann Lorz
Reviewed for Romancing the Readers Blog: https://romancingthereaders.blogspot....

This is the first book I've ever read by Jennifer Shirk. I enjoyed it so much that it won't be the last. I will admit that I decided to read it only because of the cute cover. I needed something light and fun to read and it looked like it would be just what I needed.

Catch Him If You Can turned out to be just that. I had such fun reading this story. I loved the characters, even the busybody ones. Of course I
Patty
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wade Roberts is the town's hot vet.  His wife passed away a few years back and now the town matchmakers are making his life hell.  The single women are lining up and his life is turning into a circus.

Arden Pearson is a wedding planner and best friend to Katie, Wade's sister.  Every hear that saying "Those who can't wed, plan."  Well that is Arden's motto.  She is committed to her job as a wedding planner and has no room in life for another broken heart.

When fate intervenes Wade and Arden both
Andrea Guy
I've been meaning to read more Jennifer Shirk, so I was thrilled to get a chance to read Catch Him If You Can. Her books are wonderful sweet romances with characters that you absolutely fall in love with.

I have to admit I love the fake fiance trope, so that really made this book more fun for me. Oh and when the characters love Doctor Who, well. Its happy happy joy joy time for me when it comes to reading. I love when characters like the same things I do.

Our hero is a vet. Squee! Animal lovers
Ayekah
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book from Jennifer! I loved this story, fun, romance and wedding hi-jinx! What could possibly go wrong with the towns most eligible bachelor who happens to be a Vet and the local wedding planner now trying to live down a wedding where the groom decided to leave the altar and ex pat to the Bahamas. Poor Arden. Wasn't like her Magic 8 ball could have predicted that. When Wade arrives at work on Saturday morning to a waiting room full of single women with any sort of pet imaginable, ...more
Donna (More Than a Review)
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Jennifer Shirk since I read my first book of hers. Catch Him if You Can did not disappoint. How can you not love a geeky hero who is a vet?!

Wade lost his wife and has closed himself off to everyone. The town ladies are trying to throw women at him so that he will start living again and be happy. There were some cute scenes when he figured it out and was upset with the little old ladies.

Arden is a wedding planner with her own love troubles. She is convinced that no one will
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This will be a piece of cake. Look how great were getting along already.
She glanced at her watch, then back up at him. Its only been fifteen minutes, Wade.

This was a really sweet, really fun book. Catch Him If You Can is the second book in the Accidentally His series by Jennifer Shirk and just as enjoyable as the first.

Wade and Arden have chemistry and a need for a fake relationship, and its funny and a little heart-breaking watching them navigate that. Wades status as a widow adds a little
Amanda Stelter
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
**Arc copy recieved from Entangled Publishing for my honest review**

Holy crap. I really enjoyed this. It was really good. I am hoping for another book in this series. The confessions (both inner and to each other) were kinda cheesy, a bit too much so. But I still really enjoyed it. The couple made me happy.

Writing: 3
(Not overly extravagant but not horrible)
Story: 4
(Wonderful premise, the ending was a bit rushed compared to the rest of thebook, though.)
Characters: 4
(Great, very likable
Melena Torretta
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-arcs, 2018
I started reading Catch Him If You Can as soon as it hit my Kindle!

The second in the Accidentally Yours series, it follows Wade and Arden, the brother and friend of Kinsley from the first book. Wade is a veterinarian and widower who is tired of the town trying to set him up. Arden is a wedding planner who just told a little lie to land a big couple for her business. The solution to both their problems is to fake an engagement, but what happens if feelings begin to become real?

I really enjoyed
Omg.kacie.reads
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is exactly what a summer read should be! A quick funny yet romantic story about a man (Wade) needing a fake fiance to get his small town off his back. But he doesnt realize the woman he chose has her own issues and is someone who use to have a crush on Wade. I immediately liked Arden. This was such a cute story. From the first sentence to the last page I was emotionally involved in the outcome. I cant wait to read the first book in this series. This author has a really great way of ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
Jan 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
#Dealalert! CATCH HIM IF YOU CAN is on sale for only $.99 now through January 21, 2019! If you love #contemporaryromance thats flirty and fun then grab your copy today!
Amazon → https://amzn.to/2CzcAzs
Lauren
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: needs-review
So freaking adorable!! I can't wait for the next one!

RTC

*ARC was provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review*

Book Blog | Twitter | Bloglovin | Goodreads
Donna Campbell
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

This is an entertaining story about fake romance turning true. This is a clean romance where there is sex with overnight stays outside of marriage, but it is not described, only insinuated.
Erica Hearns
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Veterinarian Wade Roberts doesn't want to fall in love again. After losing his wife to cancer, he's more than content running his veterinary clinic and having occasional relationships with women who know not to expect forever. Someone should tell that to the matchmaking ladies in town who keep sending marriage minded women his way. It's only gotten worse since his sister's engagement. Wade needs to do something to dissuade them before he's buried in baked goods and his clinic becomes the set of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Firefighter's Pretend Fiancée (Shadow Creek, Montana, #5)
  • My Not So Wicked Stepbrother (My Not So Wicked #1)
  • Narcissistic Tendencies (Dating by Design #3)
  • Just a Boyfriend (End of the Line #2)
  • The Sheriff's Little Matchmaker
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
  • The Rogue Warrior (Navy SEAL Romances 2.0)
  • My Not So Wicked Ex-Fiancé (My Not So Wicked #2)
  • The Soccer Player and the Single Mom
  • The Honeymoon Trap
  • Sliding Home (Locker Room Diaries, #2)
  • Never Expected You (Love Unexpected #2)
  • My Not So Wicked Boss (My Not So Wicked #3)
  • A Christmas Miracle for the Doctor (Shadow Creek, Montana, #6)
  • Taking A Shot (Montana Wolfpack, #1)
  • Her Accidental Husband (The Sorensen Family, #2)
  • Accidentally in Love with the Pilot
  • 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend (27 Ways, #1)
Jennifer Shirk has a bachelor degree in pharmacy-which has in NO WAY at all helped her with her writing career. But she likes to point it out, since it shows romantic-at-hearts come in all shapes, sizes, and mind-numbing educations.

She is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of sweet (and sometimes even funny) romances for Montlake Romance and Entangled Publishing.

Lately she's been on

Accidentally Yours (3 books)
  • Bargaining with the Boss