Start by marking “The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)

The Bombshell Effect

(Washington Wolves #1)

Allie Sutton just got a new job.

Not one she wants, and definitely not one she's prepared for. She hadn't seen her dad in years, so the last thing she expects upon his sudden death is to inherit the thing he loved more than anything (or anyone) ... the professional football team he owned for the last twenty years.

Luke Pierson does not want a new boss.

What he wants is
Published June 14th 2018 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC

Start your review of The Bombshell Effect (Washington Wolves, #1)
Alex ♈
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, strong-heroine
3.75 – 4 stars

It was my 1st book by this author.
Liked it a lot, or better said liked the heroine a lot.

She had such a beautiful name – Alexandra. Love it!
You’ll never guess why *lol*
I was happy to share my name with her.

Allie (fortunately no one calls me that) was very smart, loyal and strong woman. At the beginning I was a bit skeptical, but when she stood up for herself the 1st time she met the ‘rude’ hero, I was on her side.

Playboy Barbie – are you kidding me? When a woman looks beautiful i
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5-5 STARS

I loved it so much.What a nice surprise, this is my first book by this author and I need more!The Bombshell Effect has everything I wanted and even more Karla Sorensen delivers a sweet,sexy,lighthearted story.With my favorite trope, a singe dad and a fantastic romance, with angst,humor and steamy moments!

description

The characters were well developed and the romance between Allie and Luke is steamy!These two is like an explosion whenever they are at the same place!They have a great chemistry an
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I went into this expecting a light, sexy read - and I got it! Was it deep into the characters and connection between them? No, but I wasn't really expecting it to be either. It was, however, just what I was looking for after a heavier book with some depressing content. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the H's behaviors. I also really disliked the fact that the epilogue was directly after their big conflict was resolved. I wanted some actual time with them as an outed cou
Corina
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was my very first book by Karla Sorensen, and boy was I glad that I picked it up. As many of you know, book funks happen to me with quite the frequency lately. And getting out of it is no small feat. The Bombshell Effect managed that by being a fresh take on two favorite tropes - sports romance and enemies to lovers.

Within a few pages I was immediately drawn into the book.

Allie Sutton and Luke Pierson met under certain circumstances that put them on opposite sides of the fence so
Dilek VT
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: boring, dnf, no-passion
2 stars for the decent MCs in the book, -3 to the writer for writing their story in such a dull way.

***********************************************

I am sorry but this was borderline boring for me...

I tried and tried to go on, hoping it will get better and I was only able to read it until the 60% or so - until their first & second love-making scene but even those love scenes were awfully boring, being short & passionless. And I have to quit. Sorry, this isn't for me. Nothing can make me go on no
Kandi Steiner
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I'm literally dead. DEAD, I tell you. Shooketh from the amazingness that is The Bombshell Effect and Karla Sorensen's killer writing. Holy WOW. I absolutely devoured this book, from the very first word to the very last, and then proceeded to lick every juicy drop from my fingers as I sat there wishing the story wasn't over, wishing I could stay within this world -- with these characters -- just a little longer. And that is the BEST feeling.

The Bombshell Effect is proof that Karla Sorensen can wr
Malene
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed The Bombshell Effect. It was a good sports romance. I would rate it higher if I connected with Allie and Luke. Sadly I didn’t and the romance wasn’t there for me. It was only simmering lightly on the surface. Luke and Faith was a highlight for me. I have a soft spot for single dads and Luke is an amazing one at that. Even though this book fell short in some ways it still makes me want to read more from the author.
Staci Hart
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Bombshell Effect left me standing up in my seat wth fists in the air like my home team just won the Lombardi. Pure elation. Between the laughs and the lust, the love and luscious writing, I could not put this five-star read down.
EmBibliophile
Jun 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars
3 stars

An okay-ish quick read. It just needed to be more developed. Maybe because it was short and super fast, it didn’t give me a chance to connect with the characters or see a development.
Mou
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

My first book by this author and I liked it. We get a strong heroine here. She is a bit confused at first but she gets over it soon. The hero was a bit judgemental at first but he sincerely apologizes for it. He shows no disrespect toward the heroine and the way he raised his kid proves that he is a good, honorable man. This is a slow burn with a simple storyline book. Despite its simple storyline, the book was good. Because in the end, I find it free of women degrading and the hero n
Syndi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
This is my second book by miss Sorensen. I have a high expectation. But unfortunately i do not like this book. The story is promising. A QB falls for the owner of the team. The characters also good and promising. Allie being fearless taking over the ownership of the team despite her inexperience and her young age.

Luke is a single father who is a jerk but loving and doting father. I like the them all.

But what is missing is the plot. I dont understand why Luke pushing Allie. Why Like and Allie d
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 "OMG. LOVE" Stars!

I love a good sports romance, especially a football romance. And The Bombshell Effect was everything I wanted to read when I picked it up. It was a sexy, fun, surprisingly heartfelt, on the edge of your seat romance that I could not put down. Luke and Allie, our main characters, have the best back-and-forth, the sassiest, funniest come backs, and the most decadent tension that burns between them. This was my first time reading Karla Sorenson, and I have to say I was so impr
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet football romance!

I actually didn’t read the synopsis for this one. I just figured it’d be a fun sports romance from the cover, and it was essentially that, but both characters were interesting and had good back stories. I liked that Luke is a single dad, and that his daughter has a connection with the heroine without it feeling forced. Allie faces the things thrown at her head on, and I loved that. These characters have their ups and downs, but thankfully the ups win.

All in all a good Am
Amy Daws
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is was like my own, personal catnip. It has sports, it has tension, it has sexy bits that are amazing! The perfect blend of hot and heart-warming. You need this book in your life!!!!!
Antonella
Jan 28, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
thanks to Aly for reading this with me... and yes, I am happy she loved it more than me...

Phuong ✯
"Honey, you're a Sutton. And that's no wimpy breed. You take today and cry, but tomorrow, tomorrow you straighten that spine and keep doing your job."

three main reasons for my low rating:

1. i'm in the worst mood lately, so literally every single thing annoys me. at one point i remembered being mad at the football club name, thinking who in their right mind would name their club "the washington wolves"?! another time someone said "whyyyy was that so motherbleeping hot?" uhm... do people reall
✴ Cindy ✴
🏈🏈🏈1/2

Luke is a single father in his thirties. He swore off women 6 yeas ago, after his casual encounter with a groupie left him with a child. The woman died in a car accident and he's been raising her alone since.

To me, he seemed angry. He may have been hot and a good father, but that's about all he had going for him.

Allie's father, the owner of the football team Luke was QB for, died and she inherited the team. Coincidentally, she also moved in next door to Luke. Allie is beautiful, inside a
Karla Sorensen
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
The Bombshell Effect is coming JUNE 14 to Kindle Unlimited!
SHIRLEY ♡
Jan 18, 2020 rated it liked it
“And I hated her at that moment because she was so beautiful that it hurt to look at her. Like waking up in the morning to find the sun aimed straight at me when I wasn’t prepared for it.”

This was a good book. I enjoyed all the scenes of Faith with Allie and her scenes with the other characters (I’m a sucker for kids in books). Since I love enemies to lovers, at the beginning I was really attached to the story but when I get to 60% everything was a little bit rushed and that made me not e
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
3.5*

Allie's estranged father died leaving her his fortune and his team, she meets her neighbor who's a rude idiot to her then to her surprise turns out to be the quarterback of her new team.

Luke is a single father who's been celibate for years after sex with a money hungry groupie left him with a child. The woman died making him a single father. He initially thought his neighbor was a groupie but when he finds out she's his new boss he still thought she wasn't a good person because he thought sh
BleuBelle
Really enjoyed it. Kick-ass heroine. Cute kid. Totally safe.
Rejane
Nov 27, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Dilek was bored again.. 🤣🤣😁😁

Michelle Claypot_Reads
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: single-parent, sports
Gosh I loved this story! Definitely recommend if you're looking for a smart football romance.

This is only my second read from this author and she's got herself a new fan. I love how she writes her characters - they're believable and lovably. The banter, the wit and the right amount of heat to keep me wanting more.

When your new neighbour is also your boss things get interesting... Luke and Allie are just fantastic and I can't wait for more words from this world of characters.
zaira
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Rating: 3.5/5

"I wanted her to know, infront of however many people are watching this, that win or lose, she's what I want. If she'll have me.

This was a short but good read. I like Allie as a female lead and there were a lot of cute moments in the book especially Luke finally giving an interview at the end. I’m definitely looking forward to Ava’s and Paige’s books.
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book.

Sports romance meets love meets all the feels.

I spent the weekend curled up with my very first Karla Sorenson book. I’ve heard lots of great things and needed a book that would give me the feels. This story did just that. It’s sweet, romantic, angsty, fun. It had it all.

Definitely gonna binge on all of Karla’s other stories.
Jan
Jun 26, 2019 marked it as dnf
I couldn't really get hooked into this one, although I did try. The h was a little too hung up on pretty clothes, shoes and Instagram for me, and there wasn't enough there for me to see past that and connect with her. The concept of the book seemed heavily influenced by Susan Elizabeth Phillips, but sadly, lacked her charm and light touch. Returned to KU unfinished.
Coco.V
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/8/2019)! 🎁
Carlene Inspired
For this review and others visit Carlene Inspired.

Luke Pierson doesn't do media and he definitely doesn't go for the female fans that throw themselves at him, especially not the new blonde neighbor. Except, she really is attractive and her smart mouth has been feature in one too many fantasies. Allie Sutton doesn't do jerks and she doesn't do football, at least she didn't until her father left his beloved team to her. There's got to be a purpose to it, so she takes it on hoping to find her way i
Kathy West
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a sweet love story!!!

If you know me, you know I usually go towards darker reads, but Karla is an author that I love and I will read whatever she write.

Luke and Allie have such a sweet, fun, heart-breaking, heart-touching love story.

Luke is the starting quarterback for the Washington Wolves. When the owner of his company dies, he has no idea who is going to be taking over. All Luke knows is that he needs to continue to be a leader for his team and the best dad he can be for his daughter.

• A Secret for a Secret (All In, #3)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • The Trade
  • Doctor Dearest
  • Rules of Engagement
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Unforgettable (Cloverleigh Farms, #5)
  • Dear Ava
  • The Lineup
  • The Change Up
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Enemies
  • Cannon (Carolina Reapers, #5)
  • Dear Enemy
  • The Dugout
  • Axel (Carolina Reapers #1)
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)

Washington Wolves (3 books)
  • The Ex Effect (Washington Wolves, #2)
  • The Marriage Effect (Washington Wolves, #3)

Related Articles

“«Abbiamo tutti le nostre ragioni per fare ciò che facciamo» le dissi; una vaga spiegazione, ma era tutto ciò che intendevo darle. «Ma le mie ragioni non contano in questo caso. Non hanno nulla a che fare con te, perciò non dovrebbero influenzare il modo in cui ti tratto. Quindi mi scuso per come mi sono rivolto a te, e spero che possiamo ricominciare da zero.»Per un istante, i suoi occhi si socchiusero come se dubitasse della mia sincerità, perciò mi rifiutai di distogliere lo sguardo. Non fu facile, perché quegli occhi dalle ciglia folte, vividi e luminosi nel suo viso perfetto, erano sorprendentemente perspicaci.«Scuse accettate» rispose con calma. «Anch’io mi scuso per averti chiamato stronzo presuntuoso dopo la riunione.»Le mie labbra si curvarono in un sorriso riluttante. «Bé, un’etichetta piuttosto appropriata, date le circostanze.»«Vero.»” 1 likes
“Nessuna imbracatura. Nessuna rete di sicurezza. Se fossi scivolato oltre quella linea sottile come un rasoio, saremmo entrambi precipitati nell’ignoto. Ma dall’espressione sul viso di Allie, che molto probabilmente rispecchiava la mia, capii che lo sapeva bene quanto me.Deglutii, senza mai distogliere lo sguardo dalla sua bocca. Era una bocca perfetta.«No» dissi, ma venne fuori come una domanda piena di incertezza.Le sue labbra si curvarono lievemente. «Sei sicuro?»«No.» Nessuna incertezza stavolta.La lieve curva della sua bocca si trasformò in un vero e proprio sorriso che lasciò intravedere i suoi denti bianchi e uno sprazzo della sua lingua rosea. Ero sicuro che la sua lingua sarebbe stata morbida e bagnata.«Bé, sembra un bel dilemma personale, Luke.»Perché il suono del mio nome sulle sue labbra mi piaceva così tanto?Quando rimasi in silenzio, Allie si girò e svoltò a destra; la stessa direzione in cui si trovava la mia stanza. Cosa stavo facendo? Questa cosa era complicata in una maniera completamente diversa da quello a cui ero abituato. Mi presi la testa fra le mani e mi costrinsi a tirare un profondo respiro col naso.Ma complicato o no, la volevo.Questo non era affatto complicato. Era piuttosto semplice.Allie voleva me e io volevo lei.Normalmente, questo era il momento in cui rammentavo a me stesso tutte le ragioni per cui non potevo indulgere in una notte di passione sfrenata, completo abbandono e corpi sudati. Le conseguenze non valevano mai la pena per me.Ma questo era diverso.Lei era diversa.In pochi secondi, mi resi conto che Allie poteva essere l’unica donna in grado di capire la nostra precaria posizione. Non mi voleva per i miei soldi o per il mio status sociale; io non la volevo semplicemente perché era disponibile e compiacente. Malgrado le complicazioni, mi attraeva inesorabilmente, facendo leva su qualsiasi cosa avesse messo radici sotto la mia pelle, e sotto la sua.E non volevo più resistere a quell’attrazione.Avanzai con passo deciso, svoltando anch’io a destra. Lei era ferma davanti alla porta aperta della sua camera, la chiave appena fuori dalla serratura, gli occhi fissi sul punto esatto in cui avevo girato l’angolo.«Hai cambiato idea?»Non risposi.«Bene» disse come se l’avessi fatto. Poi entrò nella sua stanza d’albergo” 1 likes