Start by marking “The Bombshell Effect” as Want to Read:
The Bombshell Effect

The Bombshell Effect

Allie Sutton just got a new job.

Not one she wants, and definitely not one she's prepared for. She hadn't seen her dad in years, so the last thing she expects upon his sudden death is to inherit the thing he loved more than anything (or anyone) ... the professional football team he owned for the last twenty years.

Luke Pierson does not want a new boss.

What he wants is to
Published June 14th 2018 by Dutch Girl Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Bombshell Effect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bombshell Effect

Alex ♈
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: strong-heroine, safe
3.75 – 4 stars

It was my 1st book by this author.
Liked it a lot, or better said liked the heroine a lot.

She had such a beautiful name – Alexandra. Love it!
You’ll never guess why *lol*
I was happy to share my name with her.

Allie (fortunately no one calls me that) was very smart, loyal and strong woman. At the beginning I was a bit skeptical, but when she stood up for herself the 1st time she met the ‘rude’ hero, I was on her side.

Playboy Barbie – are you kidding me? When a woman looks beautiful i
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4,5-5 STARS

I loved it so much.What a nice surprise, this is my first book by this author and I need more!The Bombshell Effect has everything I wanted and even more Karla Sorensen delivers a sweet,sexy,lighthearted story.With my favorite trope, a singe dad and a fantastic romance, with angst,humor and steamy moments!

description

The characters were well developed and the romance between Allie and Luke is steamy!These two is like an explosion whenever they are at the same place!They have a great chemistry an
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews

This was my very first book by Karla Sorensen, and boy was I glad that I picked it up. As many of you know, book funks happen to me with quite the frequency lately. And getting out of it is no small feat. The Bombshell Effect managed that by being a fresh take on two favorite tropes - sports romance and enemies to lovers.

Within a few pages I was immediately drawn into the book.

Allie Sutton and Luke Pierson met under certain circumstances that put them on opposite sides of the fence so
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I went into this expecting a light, sexy read - and I got it! Was it deep into the characters and connection between them? No, but I wasn't really expecting it to be either. It was, however, just what I was looking for after a heavier book with some depressing content. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the H's behaviors. I also really disliked the fact that the epilogue was directly after their big conflict was resolved. I wanted some actual time with them as an outed cou
Dilek VT
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: boring, dnf, no-passion
2 stars for the decent MCs in the book, -3 to the writer for writing their story in such a dull way.

***********************************************

I am sorry but this was borderline boring for me...

I tried and tried to go on, hoping it will get better and I was only able to read it until the 60% or so - until their first & second love-making scene but even those love scenes were awfully boring, being short & passionless. And I have to quit. Sorry, this isn't for me. Nothing can make me
Kandi Steiner

I'm literally dead. DEAD, I tell you. Shooketh from the amazingness that is The Bombshell Effect and Karla Sorensen's killer writing. Holy WOW. I absolutely devoured this book, from the very first word to the very last, and then proceeded to lick every juicy drop from my fingers as I sat there wishing the story wasn't over, wishing I could stay within this world -- with these characters -- just a little longer. And that is the BEST feeling.

The Bombshell Effect is proof that Karla Sorensen can wr
Malene
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall I enjoyed The Bombshell Effect. It was a good sports romance. I would rate it higher if I connected with Allie and Luke. Sadly I didn’t and the romance wasn’t there for me. It was only simmering lightly on the surface. Luke and Faith was a highlight for me. I have a soft spot for single dads and Luke is an amazing one at that. Even though this book fell short in some ways it still makes me want to read more from the author.
Mou
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

My first book by this author and I liked it. We get a strong heroine here. She is a bit confused at first but she gets over it soon. The hero was a bit judgemental at first but he sincerely apologizes for it. He shows no disrespect toward the heroine and the way he raised his kid proves that he is a good, honorable man. This is a slow burn with a simple storyline book. Despite its simple storyline, the book was good. Because in the end, I find it free of women degrading and the hero n
Syndi
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is my second book by miss Sorensen. I have a high expectation. But unfortunately i do not like this book. The story is promising. A QB falls for the owner of the team. The characters also good and promising. Allie being fearless taking over the ownership of the team despite her inexperience and her young age.

Luke is a single father who is a jerk but loving and doting father. I like the them all.

But what is missing is the plot. I dont understand why Luke pushing Allie. Why Like and Allie d
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
4.5 "OMG. LOVE" Stars!

I love a good sports romance, especially a football romance. And The Bombshell Effect was everything I wanted to read when I picked it up. It was a sexy, fun, surprisingly heartfelt, on the edge of your seat romance that I could not put down. Luke and Allie, our main characters, have the best back-and-forth, the sassiest, funniest come backs, and the most decadent tension that burns between them. This was my first time reading Karla Sorenson, and I have to say I was so impr
Melanie (mells_view)
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet football romance!

I actually didn’t read the synopsis for this one. I just figured it’d be a fun sports romance from the cover, and it was essentially that, but both characters were interesting and had good back stories. I liked that Luke is a single dad, and that his daughter has a connection with the heroine without it feeling forced. Allie faces the things thrown at her head on, and I loved that. These characters have their ups and downs, but thankfully the ups win.

All in all a good Am
Staci Hart
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bombshell Effect left me standing up in my seat wth fists in the air like my home team just won the Lombardi. Pure elation. Between the laughs and the lust, the love and luscious writing, I could not put this five-star read down.
Amy Daws
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is was like my own, personal catnip. It has sports, it has tension, it has sexy bits that are amazing! The perfect blend of hot and heart-warming. You need this book in your life!!!!!
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
3.5*

Allie's estranged father died leaving her his fortune and his team, she meets her neighbor who's a rude idiot to her then to her surprise turns out to be the quarterback of her new team.

Luke is a single father who's been celibate for years after sex with a money hungry groupie left him with a child. The woman died making him a single father. He initially thought his neighbor was a groupie but when he finds out she's his new boss he still thought she wasn't a good person because he thought sh
Carlene Inspired
For this review and others visit Carlene Inspired.

Luke Pierson doesn't do media and he definitely doesn't go for the female fans that throw themselves at him, especially not the new blonde neighbor. Except, she really is attractive and her smart mouth has been feature in one too many fantasies. Allie Sutton doesn't do jerks and she doesn't do football, at least she didn't until her father left his beloved team to her. There's got to be a purpose to it, so she takes it on hoping to find her way i
✴ Cindy ✴
🏈🏈🏈1/2

Luke is a single father in his thirties. He swore off women 6 yeas ago, after his casual encounter with a groupie left him with a child. The woman died in a car accident and he's been raising her alone since.

To me, he seemed angry. He may have been hot and a good father, but that's about all he had going for him.

Allie's father, the owner of the football team Luke was QB for, died and she inherited the team. Coincidentally, she also moved in next door to Luke. Allie is beautiful, inside a
Rejane
Nov 27, 2018 marked it as not-interested  ·  review of another edition
Dilek was bored again.. 🤣🤣😁😁

Kathy West
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet love story!!!

If you know me, you know I usually go towards darker reads, but Karla is an author that I love and I will read whatever she write.

Luke and Allie have such a sweet, fun, heart-breaking, heart-touching love story.

Luke is the starting quarterback for the Washington Wolves. When the owner of his company dies, he has no idea who is going to be taking over. All Luke knows is that he needs to continue to be a leader for his team and the best dad he can be for his daughter.
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Gosh I loved this story! Definitely recommend if you're looking for a smart football romance.

This is only my second read from this author and she's got herself a new fan. I love how she writes her characters - they're believable and lovably. The banter, the wit and the right amount of heat to keep me wanting more.

When your new neighbour is also your boss things get interesting... Luke and Allie are just fantastic and I can't wait for more words from this world of characters.
Happily Mary After
After reading and loving The Bombshell Effect by new-to-me-author Karla Sorensen, I’m now a dedicated fangirl. This contemporary sports romance is swoony entertainment from beginning to end and checks every box on my must-read list. Luke is a mega-star quarterback and dedicated single dad to an adorable daughter, and he tries to deny his attraction to his new boss and neighbor, Allie. But the more he gets to know her, there is absolutely no way he can resist their insane chemistry, even though g ...more
Joyce
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fun football book! I really enjoyed it. It was quick and light. Solid romance. Allie was a strong, confident woman. Luke was a stand up guy.

Usually I don’t like reading romances with the guy being a single dad, but in this case, it highlighted what a good guy he was.

And Allie had grace and self confidence and strength to really own who she was and who she wanted to be. She might have cowered internally but outwardly, she held her head high and spoke her mind. Very admirable.
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
I loved this book.

Sports romance meets love meets all the feels.

I spent the weekend curled up with my very first Karla Sorenson book. I’ve heard lots of great things and needed a book that would give me the feels. This story did just that. It’s sweet, romantic, angsty, fun. It had it all.

Definitely gonna binge on all of Karla’s other stories.
Treena
Karla Sorensen is a new-to-me author. So I had no idea what to expect. But I'm so glad I took a chance because reading her book was such an unexpected surprise! I really, really liked it.

The MC's are fantastic. The 2ndary characters are also cool and make me hope they get their own books too (Paige in particular). The story is engaging and full of feels --- with enough football scenes to make the sports fan in me happy. It's also low on the angst, which I very much appreciated.

So if you're like
Karla Sorensen
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
The Bombshell Effect is coming JUNE 14 to Kindle Unlimited!
RentasticReads
This was my very first Karla Sorensen book and I must say, I don’t know why I’ve waited this long to devour her words. I got so into Luke and Allie’s tale that I couldn’t, for the love of all things holy, peel my eyes away from it once I dove in. From cover to cover, this book was just absolutely captivating and enthralling as hell. The Bombshell Effect definitely left me on a massive heart-thumping Washington Wolves cloud nine.

Maybe she’d be my downfall. Maybe this would blow up in our faces.
Anne OK
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
I love a sports-related romance especially when said sport equals football. And I'm really happy when I find a new-to-me-author that writes it well. Luke Pierson, a single dad with a six year old daughter named Faith wasn't lookin' for love. One might even say that he blocked it from his life. Until he met his new neighbor that his daughter dubbed "Barbie." And when he finds out she's his new boss and the owner of the team, well he knows he's going down. Yeah, the story is cute and sizzles a bit ...more
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3,5/ 5 stars

Honestly with all the hype around this book when it came out, I thought this was going to be way better than what it actually was. So I was a bit disappointed while reading this. It was still a good book with fun characters and a cute love story but I was expecting it to be great, and it wasn't for me.

➳ Order at: Amazon UKAmazon US

➳ Follow me on: BlogInstagramFacebook Twitter
Rhonda Ziglar
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 PHENOMENAL STARS!! This story is perfection with feels, humor, sexiness and fantastic characters. Allie and Luke's story is addicting, you can't put it down. The author puts the right ingredients for a delicious story that you will devour it in one sitting. I can't wait to read more in this series. Do yourself a favor and 1-click this book.

• Going Sasquatch (Finnegan & Morrow #1)
  • Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny
  • Promise Me (Beggar's Choice #1)
  • The Alpha Heir (Kingdom of Askara, #2)
  • Stroked Hard (Stroked, #3)
  • Nightmare in Night Court (Lawyers in Love, #4.1)
  • MVP
  • In Vogue
  • Brooklyn & Beale
  • Running Home
  • Bulldozer (Hard to Love #3)
  • Beyond the Bases
  • A Fighting Chance
  • Hockey Holidays
  • A Deeper Blue (Rules of Possession, #2)
  • Sizzle (Sizzle, #1)
  • Nova Praetorian
  • Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1)
“You know nothing about me. You know nothing about the type of person I am. I’ll treat you with the respect you deserve as the team quarterback, but you sure as hell better do me the same courtesy as the team owner. I may still be getting my footing, but I bet I could make all sorts of trouble for you if you ever felt the need to remind me what women who look like me usually do or say in your obnoxious, golden boy presence.” 0 likes
“And I hated her at that moment because she was so beautiful that it hurt to look at her. Like waking up in the morning to find the sun aimed straight at me when I wasn’t prepared for it.” 0 likes