Start by marking “Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father” as Want to Read:
Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father

Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father

A stirring portrait of Vice President Mike Pence from his own daughter: the story of a Christian husband and father who answers the call to serve America with his family by his side.

When Mike Pence set out on the vice presidential campaign trail, his daughter Charlotte knew the next 100 days would be exciting and challenging. But she also knew that her father -- a dedicat
Published October 16th 2018 by Center Street

To ask other readers questions about Where You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where You Go

Start your review of Where You Go: Life Lessons from My Father
Erik Rostad
Oct 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was the final book I read about each of the four candidates for President and Vice-President. It was the only one not written by the candidate. Charlotte, Mike Pence's daughter, wrote this book. It offered a unique look into the world of a political campaign and of the VP through the eyes of his child.
Liz Sergent
Jul 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was a refreshing book written by Vice President Pence's middle child Charlotte (they had three kids in three years). It was great to read all the stories of growing up in this family, his faith, the 2016 campaign - how the first time she met Donald Trump she was amazed of his genuine heart and desire to help others in this country. This was a great book with insight to the vice Presidents faith and his outlook. Thoroughly enjoyed!
Esther
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting verse used by Pence to guide his children, Jonah 2:8. Lots of advice she received from her father.
Mh Weyler
Jun 20, 2020 rated it liked it
Written by the middle child of Mike and Karen pence. I have mixed feelings about the book. It was not written tightly nor extremely well. Lots of stories per short chapter that all tie together loosely at the end of chapters, but seem very disconnected along the way. The author is quite young (including in her own faith)... However, despite all of this— maybe because of it—there was something so charming about the sweet childhood memories and the way she adores her family. I could so well relate ...more
Sheri S.
Dec 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I thought it might be interesting to learn about the Vice President through the eyes of his daughter, Charlotte Pence. The book tells stories about the Pence family, in general, as well as other more personal accounts and reflections of his daughter. She shares much about what it was like to be on the campaign trail with her parents and what she learned from them along the way. She describes the wholesomeness of her family and how faith played a role in her family as well as in her own life.
Diane Garner
Nov 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Charlotte Pence has the father every little girl and boy deserves. The way she lovingly speaks about her father and turns their memories into stories is amazing and brings the reader into her family unit. As I read, I learned so much about Mike Pence, his family, and how he taught life lessons during real-life events and in the best manner. One of the life lessons that really grabbed my heartstrings was, "Call cashiers by the name on their name tag. See everyone."

The writing was well done and ha
Lesley Ross
Oct 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte Pence knows how to inspire the reader in a completely unbiased manner. Her choice to enter the Harvard Divinity program in Cambridge makes perfect sense. She can now unify her life experiences with her studies to magnify her writing and reach even more people who truly desire and need her brand of UPLIFTING! I'll be waiting...
Susan Lobravico
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
No matter what your political leanings are, Mike Pence was a wonderful father and they have a close family life. Charlotte speaks from the heart and has positive things to say even about those from the other side. There are spiritual lessons to be learned. It was a sweet read and I wish her well in Divinity School. She is an asset to our administration.
Julie
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
No matter what your political affiliation is, Mike Pence is an honest, caring man who cares deeply about his family and his country. The book is written by his daughter, Charlotte, and she describes her life growing up and her life on the campaign trail. I found the book sweet but a little boring and dull. It did reinforce my opinion of our Vice President as a great man.
Patb
Charlotte tells about growing up in the Pence family. Memoirs from childhood to when her father became the VP of the United States. Wrote quite a bit about their faith. Both parents encouraged each child to follow their individual dreams.

Expand Your Horizons 2019 - A biography about a famous person you dislike.
lmcampbellsoupgmail.com
Inspirational!!! Love this book

Thank you so much in Sharing your story and your wonderful family with us. I wish I bought the hard cover because I highlighted almost every other page. Your father and mothers words, actions will live in my heart for ever.
She
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, couldn-t-finish
Mike Pence is a respectable guy and I'm a fan, but I found this book boring. It's more an account of his daughter's time on the campaign trail than anything.
Emil Bredahl
Mar 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great book with sweet ideas and stories
Arlene Lahtinen
DNF! Hated this Book!
Aryssa
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The song Mike Pence wants played at his funeral is one of the ones I want played at my wedding...
W E Wilmot
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting read about life on the campaign trail from the daughters perspective. Gave me insight in the VPs home life.
Mary Taylor
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Someone Like You
  • Host
  • Overcomer
  • Uncle Sam's Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America's Poor and What We Can Do about It
  • The Water Walker
  • Wonder Horse: The True Story of the World's Smartest Horse
  • The Writer's Garden: How Gardens Inspired our Best-loved Authors
  • Did America Have a Christian Founding?: Separating Modern Myth from Historical Truth
  • No Little Women: Equipping All Women in the Household of God
  • Step Right Up: How Doc and Jim Key Taught the World about Kindness
  • Beautiful Jim Key: The Lost History of a Horse and a Man Who Changed the World
  • Miss Lady Bird's Wildflowers: How a First Lady Changed America
  • A Warrior of the People: How Susan La Flesche Overcame Racial and Gender Inequality to Become America’s First Indian Doctor
  • The Real Beatrix Potter
  • Stolen Words
  • Uncommon Ground (Pleasant Hearts #1)
  • An Amish Reunion
Charlotte Rose Pence is an American writer who is the middle daughter of the 48th Vice President of the United States Mike Pence. Pence graduated from DePaul University in June of 2016 with a BA in Digital Cinema Screenwriting and English Creative Writing. She also studied abroad at the University of Oxford. She was awarded a Regional Emmy for her work as Assistant Producer and Co-Writer on the do ...more