Start by marking “Bewitched By Moonlight (Last Witch Standing, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Bewitched By Moonlight (Last Witch Standing, #0.5)

Bewitched By Moonlight

(Last Witch Standing #0.5)

*Prequel to the Last Witch Standing Series*

The last thing Phoebe Kilsen, vampire tracker and witch extraordinaire, expects to be doing is hunting shifters. But when innocent vampires start to go missing in the city of New Orleans, shes asked to do just that. It doesnt take long before she has a shifter in her sights. The problem? It seems shed rather kiss him than fight
Published February 26th 2018 by Bayou Moon Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Bewitched By Moonlight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bewitched By Moonlight

Start your review of Bewitched By Moonlight (Last Witch Standing, #0.5)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
A very short prequel. Gives you a little insight into the characters and relationships. Not much insight. I didnt care for our leads hopping into bed together after a few hours of knowing each other. I think it's something to read before starting book one, but not necessary since it doesn't really give you any set up for the series. In my opinion it's not worth paying over $.99c for.

Full review to come.
Rated: 3 Stars
Marta Cox
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous prequel that's really got my interest in the rest of this series. The chemistry this couple share is smoking hot and I can't wait to find out what adventures await them both. My first read from this author and definitely not my last.
Kristina
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bewitched by Moonlight by Deanna Chase is a prequel to A Last Witch Standing series. Phoebe Kilsen is a witch who lives in New Orleans, Louisiana where she works for the Void (government sanctioned supernatural authority) hunting rogue vampires (and sometimes other paranormals). Her latest assignment is to track down a rogue shifter. Phoebe is at Night Shift (a night club) and believes she has found her prey. Unfortunately, she is intensely attracted to him which helps her to place a tracker on ...more
Janet Smith
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me begin by saying Deanna is one of my favorite authors. This story is about Phoebe Kilsen, who we were introduced to in the Crescent City Fae series. Phoebe is a powerful witch who happens to also be a kick ass vampire hunter. Bewitched by Moonlight is the beginning of a new series focused on Phoebe and it is a great beginning! It has me eagerly awaiting the next part of Phoebe's story which will be out any day!! In this part of the story shifters are killing off vampires and the Void puts ...more
Amy Hannagan
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This short story introduces Phoebe, a powerful witch that works for a secret paranormal division of the government. She is their ace vampire hunter sent undercover to find out who is killing vamps in her town without her sanction. But handsome shifter Dax derails all her cleverly laid traps and quickly becomes the man she loves to hate. This story is short but totally a fun read for a short escape. I laughed at some things then shook my head in shock at others. It's a great introduction to a new ...more
Deity
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great entry to the series. A short story that gives you insight to the main players and sets the stage for what is to come.

Phoebe is a strong female lead who is passionate about her work with the void. Basically policing the supernatural activity in the city of New Orleans between the werewolves and the vampires, she has her hands full. When mysterious shifter Dax intervenes on a case that Phoebe is knee deep in, saving her on several occasions, she doesnt know who to trust.

The
Cheri
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phoebe is working--for a Vamp, at least tonight. She's tracking whoever or whatever is responsible for missing vampires. Not good for business when you are the most powerful Vampire around and the club is the most popular.

The shifter she suspects has some surprises of his own--not talking about his hotness either.

This prequel introduces Phoebe and some main characters from a previous series into this new series and it's a good one.
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review. ...more
Whitney
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been provided with a copy of Bewitched By Moonlight by the author for an impartial review. This is the prequel to the Last Witch Standing and you are introduced to Phoebe Kilsen who is on the hunt to find out why vampires are going missing. This book was such an easy read and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I loved being introduced to this world and meeting these new characters. I cant wait to read the next book in the series. ...more
Susan Landowski
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing start to a new series. This short story introduces the reader to the 2 main characters that are paranormal agents that track down paranormal bad guys. This is a quick read. The two agents have hot sensual chemistry and I can't wait for the next book so I can emerge into the experience on how well they combine work and their sexual chemistry. Please read this book and you will want to continue the journey with these characters.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to start off a new series. The author has me eagerly anticipating the first full length book. I like the characters and the story concept captivated my attention. I look forward to reading more.

I received a copy of th s book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Peggy M
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bewitched By Moonlight is a short story prequel for the Last Witch Standing series. What happens when a witch / tracker meets a handsome shifter who seems to make her lose her common sense? And what happens when these two end up searching for a missing powerful vampire? Action packed and fun to read. Can't wait to get into the actual series.
Dmcl
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A take no prisoners witch partnered + a smoldering enigmatic shifter = A formula for a winning series. This short prequel is tease enough to hook me into what promises to be a wonderful read. Dax and Kilson are the next paranormal power couple. Cant wait to see how their story develops and resolves.. ...more
Lyn Jenkins
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kick arse begining.

I have read a lot of Deanna Chase's books but not this series. It certainly starts out hard and hopefully sets up a tough series. Nothing better than Vamps and Shifters going at each other, when you throw in a witch that can actually DO something you know you have a winner.
Cheryl
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meet Phoebe, Dax and some vampires in this new series. You have met the vampires in other books but this is and introduction/prequel to the new series, Last Witch Standing, I have read that excellent book but the prequel gives me some excellent background I formation. I throughly enjoyed the prequel as well as ,Last Witch Standing, and recommend both of the books!
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love strong female characters and this book has one, big time. And the chemistry between the main characters sizzles. I am looking forward to reading more of the series. I am guessing the books will just get better, the more I get to know the people and places of the stories.
Tina
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
These short stories are good if you have the rest of the books but I guess it just made me hungry to read the next book. This was a really good story but I just hate that I don't have the rest of the story. It's on my shopping list.
Jill
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shifters, Vampires, and Witches

War!
When you kidnap the head vampire who do you think is coming for you? Shifters think this is okay but it really could be heading towards war. Then you have witches who are trying to keep the peace. Just the start of an interesting new series.
Lauri Tribbey
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sizzle

When your job requires a certain skill set you use all the weapons at your disposal. Phoebe Kilsen works for a secret government agency. When she goes to a club seeking an out of control shifter as a favor for the club owner she gets more than she bargained for.
Beverly Ford
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Phoebe is a bad ass

I love all of Deanna's books. I was introduced to Phoebe when she was working with Willow in the Fae series and am glad to see she has her own series u look forward to reading more.
Jennifer Millaway
Mar 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great introduction

This is a quick and great introduction to what I hope is going to be a fabulous series. I can not wait for the adventure to begin and see how Dax and Kilsen make our.
Lisa Norvell
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good

I really enjoyed this prequel. I have yet to read any of this author's work that disappointed. I look forward to this series.
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Well, this has to be one of the funniest first meets Ive read in a good while! It also goes a ways in explaining Phoebe and Daxs relationship in the first book. ...more
Elisa
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh Phoebe is just as kick as as ever, and Dax we'll talk about smokin hot woooohooooo.......... a great prequel to what is going to be an awesome spin off I am very excited.
Brianna Masson
Apr 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

This book was well written set up for next book im excited to read next to see whats going to happen next. If you like witches vamps and shifters this book is good start
Steph
This is listed as a spinoff, but I didnt feel lost having not read Chases Crescent City Fae series. So, I plan to continue with this series straight away. ...more
Brandy Barber
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

I enjoyed this book very much. I look forward to reading this story. Sounds like it is going to be exciting.
Teri
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great prequel

Looking forward to the series. Seems to me t hey will make a gresst team. It will be fun to watch the characters grow.
Vicky McNeil
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

Just by book 1 of the series. Don't purchase the prequel, save your money. Kindle charges you for the prequel.
Tammy L Needy
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast read

I liked the charters and the banter. I was thrown by now short the book was. I looking forward to reading the next book.o n the series.

• Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • Summer Magic (Thorne Witches, #1)
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up #1)
  • Second Chance Magic (Order of Magic, #1)
  • Autumn Magic (Thorne Witches, #2)
  • Rekindled Magic (Thorne Witches, #5)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Winter Magic (Thorne Witches, #3)
  • Spring Magic (Thorne Witches, #4)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Witchcraft (Grimm Cove, #1)
  • Long Lost Magic (Thorne Witches, #6)
  • False Start (False #3)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • False Hope (False #2)
  • The Alchemical Detective (Riga Hayworth #2)
  • Essential Magic (The Thorne Witches, #8)
  • Betwixt (Betwixt & Between #1)
  • Pack of Lies (The Potentate of Atlanta #2)
Deanna is a native Californian, transplanted to the slower paced lifestyle of southeastern Louisiana. When she isn't writing, she is often goofing off with her husband in New Orleans, playing with her two shih tzu dogs, making glass beads, or out hocking her wares at various bead shows across the country. For more information and updates on newest releases visit her blog at www.deannachase.com.

Last Witch Standing (3 books)
  • Soulless at Sunset (Last Witch Standing #1)
  • Bloodlust By Midnight (Last Witch Standing Book 2)
  • Bitten at Daybreak (Last Witch Standing Book 3)

News & Interviews