Start by marking “Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #3)

Shadow Star (Chronicles of the Shadow War #3)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  924 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
In Shadow Moon and Shadow Dawn, George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, and Chris Claremont, author of the bestselling X-Men adventures, created a new world of myth, magic, and legend unlike any before. Now they bring their epic trilogy to an unforgettable conclusion in a novel of blazing imaginative brilliance...

Elora Danan has done the unthinkable. She has slain the dragons
Published November 2nd 1999 by Spectra Books (first published November 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow Star

Scurra
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
...and this is a positive masterclass in how to take a really hackneyed idea and make it feel completely new.

Structurally, I think this is the weakest of the three. But that's inevitable when you get to the third part of a trilogy (just ask Philip Pullman!) There are an awful lot of loose ends to tie up, and, not content with that, they decide to add an entire massive backstory that was strictly unnecessary (I think that pretty much the whole thing could have been resolved without needing the K
Ben
May 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
The only thing that kept this book from getting a 5-star review in my opinion is Claremont's love of the phrase "beat a tattoo" and the fact that--in an effort to emphasize the drama--every creature or race spoken of is "much more dangerous than it looks." If we are to believe Claremont's depiction of the world of Willow, one wonders how any life could evolve in such a deceptively perilous environment.
Nonetheless, this is a good close to a fun series, and a worthwhile epilogue to Willow.
Kelly
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fantastic end to the series - it all culminates to a great ending, built up from the details drawn out through the series. I love the descriptiveness and all of the intertwining stories. These fantasy series require some memory skills but overall, worth it!

I love all the characters but Thorn really resonates, he is so detailed and true to his nature through the story. The brownies provide great humour and Luc-Jon is a wonderful love interest. All in all, worth your time.
Matthew Siemers
Apr 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Best of the trilogy. I was interested all the way through. The author's writing style is still a little confusing. There was on part that I reread 3 or 4 times and I still don't know how something happened. Other than the little bit of confusion I really enjoyed the end of the Shadow War novels.
Eden
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
See my review for Shadow Moon.
Karaline Everett
Feb 18, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-series
A great finish to the shadow war chronicles
Rebecca
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I love this whole series! I think this book draws nicely off the other two and the story is wrapped up very nicely.
Tai Sanders
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The end of the series . It is great .....
Ian James
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
everyone downs on this book/series as much as the movie. I loved the movie it brought me fantasy on TV/Movie Screen. While not great it filed in more of the world of Willow.
Larry
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was the best of the series by far. Great job of pulling all the details of the story together and tying up the loose ends. Long live the dragons.
NightAuditMan
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
The final chapter in the Shadow War saga. A great close to a great series.
Kurt Vosper
Jul 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
see book 1
Matthew Collins
Jul 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
Horrible! It was the worst ending they could have possibly thought of. It was silly, not a very good twist, and the concept was just ludicrous. I don't know, maybe people liked it, I just didn't at all. I felt the characters became dull, the focus was on all the wrong things, and then the villain seemed awkwardly powerful only to find out at the end that there was not a very good or for that matter not even a very clear motive for the whole thing. It kind of makes you wonder why bother with the ...more
Vincent Asaro
Dec 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the craziest and most imaginative fantasies I've ever read. A truly magical book.

In this third volume of the Shadow War Chronicles, Lucas and Claremont pull out all the stops. All of the elements of the two previous installments plus a whole slew of new ones come into play, building to a truly epic climax -- not the usual epic fantasy mega-battle, but a journey through time & space that connects the whole thing to the movie, "Willow" (1988), and ties all the complex strands of the tri
Steve Martinson
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: S & S, fantasy & magic lovers.
If you look up this series you will find three books listed; Shadow Moon, Shadow Dawn and Shadow Star. It should also include the movie adaptation of "Willow" as the first book, because the trilogy is based on Elora Danan, the baby Willow saved in the movie. "Willow" was a quick, fun read, as movie adaptations should be. "Shadow Moon" was harder to get through. I wouldn't rate it more than a three. "Shadow Star" really made the series take off. The way that Elora finds and grows into the powers ...more
Cathy Smith
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads. The whole series was very excellent. I enjoyed the ending...I am so glad that Elora came back to herself. I thought she had to experience them all, and that was what was going on. I was glad to see how the dragons returned, but I wish there was a bit more detail on all the sovereigns going back to their kingdoms after being unfrozen. But the details were awesome, the plot was great, and all the characters were wonderful. I do recommend ...more
nick
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: didn-t-finish
got up to page 268, before I really realized I didnt care anymore. you could say i had high expectations for many reasons, but my rating is justified. there where a couple confusing moments do to those sentences not being well written. some filler. most of the book is recap, with a small amount of new situations happening, so this could be a stand alone though youd be missing out on the brilliantly imaginative memorable way they where written the first time.
Matt Weaver
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finally, an ending to the great story that began from "willow". After reading this last installment, I was left refreshed. This story has a great conclusion, and very well could have continued for many more books.
Elizabeth
Jul 30, 2008 marked it as to-read
I started this book but didn't finish. Maybe because I read the first two back to back within 2 weeks. By the time I got to the third one, I was a bit "fantasy/science fictioned" out.
Christal
So I read the third book after all and it was... okay. It was better than the second but not great. I did not care for the ending, but what can you do?
Justin
Why did I read the whole series? Why did I hate myself?
[Name Redacted]
Nov 27, 2007 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy, epic-fantasy
I loved "Shadow Moon", but detested "Shadow Dawn" so much that I couldn't bear to read the third installment. I think enough time has passed that I can finally give "Shadow Star" a try.
Alison (Lady Coffin) S
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Read these three books years ago, but remembered really liking them and being bummed that there were only three. Alos, surprised when i realised that the movie Willow was a part of this.
Book Seller GV
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angie
Dragons, war, magic, and love. This was the best one of the series and I LOVED IT!
Chris
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished it! what an awesome series and awesome ending!
Kerry
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Picks up right where the second book left off. Some good battle scenes, and a surprising turn towards the end, but the end is as good as Claremont endings get.
donna pintar
Apr 17, 2013
Chris Chong
Mar 04, 2015
  • Willow
  • Turning the Storm (Eliana's Song, #2)
  • Journey Into the Void (Sovereign Stone, #3)
  • The Book of Athyra (Vlad Taltos, #6-7)
  • The Lesser Kindred (The Tale of Lanen Kaelar, #2)
  • The Dragon King (Crimson Shadow, #3)
  • The Horse Lord (Book of Years, # 1)
  • Dragon and Phoenix (Dragonlord, #2)
  • Swords of Waar
  • Voyage of the Fox Rider (Mithgar, #2)
  • Deryni Tales
  • Fen Tiger
  • Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart (Firekeeper Saga, #2)
  • Dark Horse (Dark Horse #1)
  • Dossouye (Dossouye, #1)
  • Heir of Rengarth (Sword and Circlet, #2)
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #11)
  • Shadowfane (The Cycle of Fire, #3)
Chris Claremont is a writer of American comic books, best known for his 16-year (1975-1991) stint on Uncanny X-Men, during which the series became one of the comic book industry's most successful properties.

Claremont has written many stories for other publishers including the Star Trek Debt of Honor graphic novel, his creator-owned Sovereign Seven for DC Comics and Aliens vs Predator for Dark Hors
More about Chris Claremont...

Chronicles of the Shadow War (3 books)
  • Shadow Moon (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #1)
  • Shadow Dawn (Chronicles of the Shadow War, #2)