Start by marking “Hello Color” as Want to Read:
Hello Color

Hello Color

Say goodbye to dull décor and hello to color with 25 simple DIY projects with Rachel Mae Smith, the pink-haired proprietor of popular lifestyle blog The Crafted Life!

Liven up your apartment and make your home space vibrant with 25 simple and fun step-by-step home accessory projects--all doable in under 30 minutes!--like pop-tastic wall art, colorful coasters, and bold and
Published March 20th 2018 by Quirk Books

Kelli
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Although the subtitle included DIY, I was expecting bold color statements such as a brilliant striped wall rather than a tutorial on painting flowerpots (and trivets and acrylic trays and salt & pepper shakers), and instructions for making pom-poms and dip-dyed napkins. I took DIY decor to mean without a decorator, so I am really to blame for the misunderstanding. 2.5 stars
Brianne
This was a fun book. I thought Smith offered a lot of good tips for working with color and, while I wouldn't want to do every craft in the book, I thought some of them looked really cute and easy.

I'd recommend this one!
Caren Lee
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hello Color is too simplistic for the average crafter. But still a cute book for ideas.
Flavia
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
As you can probably tell from my blog's theme (Flavia the Bibliophile), I really like bright colours and white. I also like neutrals and white, but am definitely more likely to go for colourful and bright. So, it should some as no surprise that this book was perfect for someone like me! I love that this is a DIY book because I love to craft, and because with the DIYs included, you can make your house look colourful and bright without spending too much money! I'm actually itching to try out some ...more
Leah
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello, Rachel Mae Smith!

Thanks for the bright beautiful book with 25 ideas! As a graphic artist-designer – sometimes illustrator – I specialize in 2-dimensional art. Though I've always done quite well organizing and decorating my living spaces, I'm far from expert. Most interesting DIY projects I've seen in magazines are very complicated and /or very expensive; the few approachable ones always look amateurish and funky in photos, so imagine how they'd come out with a non-specialist like me Doing
Allison Greg
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book grabbed me when I saw the cover. I was not disappointed, this book is full of colorful design information and great projects and decorating ideas. The introduction lists and explains color terms and basic color schemes. It explains how to create a color scheme and how to shop for colorful décor.

The book is then divided in chapters by rooms (eg The Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, and Bedroom). The book has colorful illustrated instructions for each project. Projects vary from painti
Rebecca
Flipped through. I've almost accepted the fact that I'm not much of a DIY-er when it comes to home design; I prefer to search out, select, and combine things that already exist. Some ideas in here were a stretch (I'd probably never glue pom-poms to a votive holder), but others were inspiring (I've never thought of using the beauty that is temporary tattoos -- seriously, have you seen the Tattly website??? -- on non-skin surfaces like hangers or vases). Starts out with a nice, simple overview of ...more
Carrie
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book as a goodreads giveaway! This book was definitely full of color! Gave lots of ideas; however, I am not sure how functional they are. I would be worried that the paint would wash off on the kitchen products. My favorite was the planter idea...I hope to plant some herbs using this project concept. For DIYers and those with a creative side, this book is worth browsing through.
Ligaya
Jun 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Such a thick book with an inviting cover with so little actual decor ideas inside - such a major disappointment! Mostly many small, easy craft projects (painting pots/trivets/salt & pepper shakers/chairs/mirrors, gluing pom-poms/rhinestones/coasters - after painting them, of course...) but not anything new and certainly nothing clever.
Katherine  Downey
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Full of fun and easy to follow DIY color hacks. I struggle with decorating so much but I absolutely love color. This book shows me ideas that I never would have thought of on my own. If you're a fan of DIY or crafting, this is definitely for you.
Sherri
Mar 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I won this book in a Goodreads giveway. I thought it would be more color design oriented but it is still a great book. There are some good DIY art projects for inexpensive art for your walls as well as some good DIY arts and craft type projects that would be great to do with children.
Starbubbles
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, crafts
There were so many good ideas in here that ranged from easily incorporated to a little bit intense. There are some good tips in here about yhe color wheel and listening to your personal style. I am really looking forward to doing some of these!
Trish
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, crafts, nonfiction
This is a very colorful book. This is crafts for your home.
Gwen
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shared with my daughter. She and my granddaughters are having fun with the craft projects included.

I received this book free from Goodreads First Reads.
Jenny
Most of the projects are simple and not things I'd do, but the book overall is very comprehensive and a good resource.
Kristen
Mar 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not my cup of tea. This book seems tacky and written for the likes of an adolescent teen stuck in an ikea and a craft store.
Abby
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Fine, pretty picture, some good ideas
I enjoyed this book simply because of the beautiful colors. The DIY info was just “eh”. I don’t really need help or instructions on how to paint flower pots or dye napkins and so forth...
Shannon
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Looking forward to reading this book! Review to be revised when completed.
Diane Schrader
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Extremely inspiring. Rachel Mae Smith GETS ME in all my chromophiliac ways.
Kelsey Buckley
Dec 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, nonfiction
Great pictures and some fun ideas for interior design.
Annie
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, i-own
Desde que vi este libro en amazon me llamo mucho la atención. He seguido a Rachel y su blog desde hace ya un tiempo y siempre me encanta apreciar los DIY y sus fotos en general. Tiene tanto colorido que me parece muy divertido.

En esta ocasión les traigo una reseña de este bonito ejemplar que se, me va a traer muy buenos ratos cuando ponga en practica los proyectos que contiene.

El libro se divide en capítulos por "cuartos" (por ejemplo, la sala de estar, el comedor, la cocina y el dormitorio). El
Tammie
rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2018

• Modern Mix: Curating Personal Style with Chic & Accessible Finds
  • Old Home Love
  • Bright Bazaar: Embracing Color for Make-You-Smile Style
  • She Sheds: A Room of Your Own
  • Halloween (The Best of Martha Stewart Living)
  • Crafting a Colorful Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to Personalizing Your Space with Color
  • Literary Yarns: Crochet Projects Inspired by Classic Books