Start by marking “The Sequel (Volume 2)” as Want to Read:
The Sequel (Volume 2)

The Sequel (Volume 2)

Maya Smock gets inside of a time capsule and travels back to 1944 Germany. A Nazi doctor forces her to meet his superiors, proving to them all that his invention works. Hitler studies Maya like a laboratory rat at his Eagle’s Nest and then introduces her to the Reptilians. She plummets deep into the hollow earth. Will she ever get home? Only Maya’s next novel can show her ...more
ebook, 1st, 340 pages
Published October 26th 2017 by Solstice

To ask other readers questions about The Sequel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sequel

Nancy (The Avid Reader)
After almost dying Maya Smock climbs into a time traveling machine with no clue as to where she may find herself when she gets out. Deep down is probably concerned if she will make it out alive or in one piece. When the time machine stops Maya finds herself in Germany during WWII.

Maya is taken to Hitler’s Eagle’s Nest where he studies her in a lab like a rat and introduces her to these alien creatures that are called Reptilians. The Reptilians try to play nice with Maya telling her all about th
Ronda  Tutt
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nothing like a Sequel to a Best Seller!

First let me say that Dina Rae always writes the most thought provoking novels ever! This follow up novel to her book “The Best Seller” will intrigue those minds that crave a great conspiracy theory mixed with some Scifi magic.

Take note to read the book “The Best Seller” before diving into this one in order to have a better understanding of Maya and her past story.

Now for my review, all I can say is WOW! Dina’s imagination and conspiracy creativity transfo
David Thompson
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dina Rae’s newest novel is “The Sequel.” It is published by Solstice Publishing, and is indeed a “sequel” to her well received previous novel “The Best Seller.”
The setting for her book moves around from WWII Germany to modern USA with side trips to the late 70’s and early eighties- much as you’d expect from a story about the initial discovery of time travel! The characters are followed through each timeline, and the author makes appropriately subtle changes to their personalities reflecting th
Danielle Urban
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Sequel by Dina Rae is exactly that. It's the sequel to her The Bestseller, novel. A series that is most interesting. A combination of both science fiction and conspiracies are formed here. While I have read several sci-fi books, this series still stands on top. The characters are unique. Take the leading protagonist...she is a writer and gets sucked into worlds that I haven't even dreamed of...

Dina Rae is a talented writer. Her words create visual images of the scenes and sends me spiraling
Gina Stamper
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, historical
Another great installment in Dina Rae’s Sci-Fi series.
I was particularly happy that everything was taken up another notch in this novel, Rae wasn’t messing around when she wrote this.

At the beginning we are are given just enough information to get us caught up. Then you are back into the action and there is plenty of new drama unfolding.

Overall a great addition to the Sci-Fi series world.
C. Gonzales
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I definitely love this series. Definitely pick up the first one before starting this one.

The plot was very well paced and while some parts were easy to predict, there were also plenty of surprises along the way and ultimately it led to a great read overall.

You will not be disappointed by the world Dina Rae has created and the action and adventure that has come from her imagination.
Éric Kasprak
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Like I said in my review of the first book (The Best Seller) I loved the show Ancient Aliens and this book series tread the same waters. Nazi, Roswell, the Greys, the Reptilians, Hollow Earth, etc. Plus the actual story around those familiar (conspiracy) theories is very interesting with great writing, great pacing and genuine character depth. The ending to the series is somewhat open-ended and I would really like to have more from Dina Rae in the near future. To summarize, we get: time travel, ...more
Bailey Ember
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved being back in this world with these characters. I enjoyed getting to read about their ups and downs. This was an action packed and drama filled installment in the Sci-Fi Series an it will not disappoint fans of the first novel. There is a lot going on and be prepared to be caught up in a whirlwind and dive right in.
Rachel Jordan
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Continuing right where The Best Seller left off The Sequel sees Maya Smock back in 1944.She is taken to Eagle's Nest where she comes face to face with Hitler and Boorman. While there she is introduced to another alien race The Reptilians and as she taken down into the hollow earth where they live the question soon  becomes can Maya return to the present day or is she trapped forever with no way out.

Now as you know I loved The Best Seller and Dina didn't fail with The Sequel.
All the characters f
Francene Stanley
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
All things considered, I loved this book. Although the novel began with slow retelling of the plot from The Best Seller, the riveting contents soon sucked me into a world of fantasy where two timelines converged to reveal the common connection. The main characters held a certain charm, whereas the large cast of bit-players remained unremarkable.

The story fascinated me more than the passive sentence construction, which was let down by poor editing. Some of the explanations rushed at such a pace
Cami Hensley
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi, historical
I really enjoyed the pacing and how it was steady throughout. It is fast paced and doesn't let up and didn't have moments that dragged. It made for a fast and furious read.

It really shined light on to the characters and world in general.

I liked that this was sci-fi but also had many other qualities that made it lovable to readers of suspense, historical, paranormal, and fiction in general.
Samantha Turley
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
There are a lot of moving parts to this novel and a good amount of drama and action without being action packed. The Sci-Fi aspect is very well done and the imagery and setting is amazing. The Author really brings the world to life through words. Get ready to be immersed in the world and captivated by the characters she has created.
Mike Tosto
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great Sequel to the book "The Best Seller". This is Dina Rae's best book! Love it. It has everything from Time Travel ,to conspiracy to even Nazi's! It will keep you turning the page to read more!
Steve
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice romp

Quick read and a good sequel. Can’t shake the feeling the author ran out of gas and mailed in the same ending.
John Pletcher
Denise
rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2018
Dina Rae
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
keith m diver
Dec 30, 2018
Meg St. Clair
rated it did not like it
Feb 08, 2019
Dina Rae has written eight books. Crowns and Cabals is her newest conspiracy thriller. The e-book and paperback are sold on Amazon.
Dina lives with her husband, two daughters, and three dogs outside of Dallas. She is a Christian, avid tennis player, movie buff, teacher, and self-proclaimed expert on several conspiracy theories. She has been interviewed numerous times in e-zines, websites, blogs, n