Start by marking “Let's Get Textual (Texting, #1)” as Want to Read:
Let's Get Textual (Texting, #1)

Let's Get Textual

(Texting #1)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  10,360 ratings  ·  1,803 reviews
A wrong number is supposed to be just that—a wrong number.

Delete. Done.

Do not continue to text. Do not flirt.

A wrong number shouldn't be the first person on your mind in the morning, or the last at night...and you're definitely not supposed to talk them into buying a baby goat.

Because that would be weird.

When Zach Hastings and I get into a wrong-number mix-up, we don't fol
Published September 6th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Let's Get Textual, please sign up.
Sandi I would read that. I like redemption stories, when well done. I wouldn't want him to have an easy and painless story.

·  10,360 ratings  ·  1,803 reviews

Start your review of Let's Get Textual (Texting, #1)
Barbie
Mar 29, 2019 rated it liked it

My thoughts in a nutshell
This was fun until the third quarter of the book then it became a dull, stereotypical romance that everybody knows.

The story is about…
Skip over this point if you don't like the sneak peek.
Delia gets a text from an unknown number; she thinks it is her brother's new phone number, but no it is Zach's number. Zach is a hot stranger. They've started to text each other and then everything becomes complicated.

What impressed me the most 😊
I really enjoyed the beginning of th
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Cute, but nothing special. Although it does get bonus points for the BABY GOAT
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Our lips lock, and we’re falling. Thud.

I had SO much fun reading this book. I sat there with a cheesy smile and some giggles may or may not have escaped. Delia and Zach were adorable together. Their texting banter had me rolling and their in person chemistry was sizzling. The intimacy was strong and well done but it wasn’t overly explicit, which turned out to be a credit to the story. The plot isn’t all that intricate which was ok because it allowed for the focus to be on the development o
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
This was a fun and different read.
Be aware, a good portion of this book is written in text message form.
The two MC's meet via text and they continue to text a lot.

description

I mean, it's their "meet-cute".
You should expect this format of writing.
But, if that bothers you... then this book might not be your thing.
It doesn't bother me at all and I actually really enjoyed reading something different like this.

What's not to dig?
It features a witty h whose humor I found hilarious.
A sexy, nerdy H who is just as
Janie
I loved this book from beginning to end. There were so many lol moments for me while reading this book. I adored Zach and his HOT nerdy self. Delia was funny and sweet. These two were absolutely perfect for each other. This book is not full of angst and drama, just enough. It’s not full of crazy exes showing up. Delia’s ex is in it and he is the nicest guy. I would love to read a book about Caleb getting his hea. And Zoe, Delia’s roommate is the type of bff that every girl needs. I’d love a book ...more
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to destiny ♡⚔♡ by: Samantha || Fictionally Sam
“If you think you’re going to Slytherin to my bed with those on, you’re wrong. I only allow full-fledged Hufflepuffs in there.”

This review is long overdue, and frankly, it's been long enough since I've read it that I'm going to keep this short and sweet, but I had to type up something before continuing with the series. Delia and Zach are a freaking riot — I seriously laughed out loud so many times, and even while shuffling through my highlights to pick a quote for this review, I was giggling
Dilek VT
Apr 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: boring, dnf
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT!

I am so bored...
This is not my cuppa, unfortunately :(
DNF at 30%

I guess you know that the heroine, Delia, gets a text to her phone from a wrong number one day and then, they start texting and talking regularly, seeing they enjoy each other's company over the phone.

And by texting, what I mean is "Texting texting and texting for millions of pages about some random silly stuff." And they sometimes make stupid jokes to each other. It's never fun or funny for me.

What is wo
Radd Reader
"I knitted you a damn PENIS POTHOLDER. Least you could do to repay me for my kindness is to buy me a baby goat."

"I laughed so loud I farted and scared our baby goat."
😂

Overview
Zach (25). Delia (21). Told from heroine POV only. A large portion of the book is written in text message format as this was the major form of communication between H/h when they first met and continued throughout their relationship.

Characters
Zach: he is a Hot, nerdy app developer, and oh so fantastic. He is witty and
Karla
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!

I enjoyed this romcom and that’s saying a lot because I don’t usually read many of them. I don’t know I feel like I’m really picky with them but I’m glad to say with this one I like quite a lot.

The first thing that caught my attention was the blurb I love the whole concept of the MC meeting by text. That’s how this book begins the h getting a wrong text from the H they both think they are texting other people. But even when they realize they’re strangers they can’t seem to stop.

This
Cristina
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After almost 2 weeks, I finally found a book I can rate with 5 stars! Hallelujah!
I liked this book so much! It was so cute and perfect. There are a lot of reasons why this book was a perfect fit for me. But one in particular, was that goat! I mean, come on! How could I resist that lovely goat? I'm so used to cats and dogs... that reading about a baby goat melted my heart.
Delia and Zach had such a beautiful story and I connected with them since that first message (which means the first page - t
Katerina
Oct 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
I want to read books about epic loves; I don't want to read about two people who will inevitably break up.

Because these two will.

Why? They lack that zing. She describes him as "comfortable, safe and warm". And those adjectives aren't bad per se, but they are NOT the words you use to describe someone you are falling for.

50% of this entire book was a series of boring texts. Not thrilling or banterous or rife with sexual tension. Just boring. Then when we finally get dialogue, it's very teenish a
Princess under cover
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, A+ for the guy on the cover. The chest, the abs, the jaw and groove in the cheek - RIGHT IN THE SWEET ZONE OF WHAT MAKES ME DROOL IN A MAN!

description

I'm a sucker for hot covers and sometimes I regret that superficial impulse, but unfortunately, I do judge a book by its cover in at least 50% of the situations. So, this def made me want to check it out.

Then, the writing was snappy and quick, which was nice, and I had a smile on my face while I read it most of the time. That being said, it got
Hanne
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, new-adult
I loved the humor, all the characters, how they met, their texts, the progress, the title and the romance. Actually, there isn’t a thing I didn’t love about Let’s Get Textual. I loved it from the first chapter until ‘The End’. I’ll definitely reread this book! I bought a paperback of this novel and I hope to have it signed one day.

I adored Zach and Delia. They are funny, kind, honest and hardworking. They slowly get to know each other and take their time meeting in real life, but I didn’t mind t
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
Who doesn't love a sexy nerd? I even own a t shirt with I LOVE NERDS lol.
This was the sweetest rom-com I've ever read.The sexy, flirty texting between this two put a smile on my lips the entire time I've been reading this.
Cute Cute Cute!
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
So good!! I had so much fun reading this book. Delia and Zach are amazing together. Their chemistry and banter is off the charts.

I can’t wait to read Caleb and Zoe’s story next!

Thank you MG for suggesting this book to me ❤️
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
4.5 stars - THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN!!! It was such an adorable college romance 😍 And hello baby goat!
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romcom
I have found a new go-to author for my romcom needs!

Surprisingly, this book really spoke to me. I've made quite a few friends through the 'wrong number' scenario and they were just as fun to experience as this book was to read. It took no time at all for Zach and Delia to be texting each other like old friends. By the time these two met, I felt that they were on another level and I loved that the author played it out just like that. There was no wasted time waiting for them to get to know each
RentasticReads
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
SPECTACULAR! Seriously, just get TF outta here with this book! Let’s Get Textual is definitely one of the BEST romcoms I’ve ever read. Hands down. I don’t think there was a single moment where I wasn’t snort-laughing, all-out giggling, or just battling the flurry of butterflies in my stomach. The banter, the chemistry, the modernity of it was just perfect. And don’t even get me started with the text exchanges between Zach and Delia! They were legit ON POINT. They were actually messages you can i ...more
Shannon Moore
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome book. I've been reading some heavier stuff lately and just wanted something completely different, so thought I'd give this a go. It's so good! Witty, hilarious, the banter was amazing and I loved the attraction between these characters.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved this book, but don't pick it up and be expecting some literary classic. It's fluff. Like, 100%, take you out of your life, ignore your problems, kind of fluff. I personally believe that there's a time and place
Brina (Brina and the Books)
5 Stars

Reviewed on: Brina and the Books

**I received an advanced reader's copy in exchange for an honest review.**

I've been in a reading slump with NA and contemporary romance books for a little while now. The books I have picked up were not the worst books I've read, but they were not satisfying. They left me rather dissappointed because I expected so much more of them. I also noticed that I have become a really picky reader in 2017. I rarely give out 5 star ratings anymore, a few books were 4.5
Christy
I kind of expected this one to be lame... and it was, yet it was fun and perfect for my brain that seems to be living in total chaos at this point in time.

This is a wrong number turned romance. I've actually had a wrong number turned into a friendship sort of thing so I could kind of relate a little bit. Zach texts Delia by mistake and once they figure it out, they continue to text and start flirting a bit. Zach is nerdy, funny, and cocky... and Delia is sarcastic to the bone! I expected this t
Meags
3 Stars

Delia and Zach meet due to a wrong-number situation and they hit it off over the phone, talking briefly but sharing plenty of playfulness and banter in the back-and-forth text exchanges they just can’t seem to quit once they’ve started. As expected, their sizzling phone connection eventually translates to real-life friendship and love for these two young twenty-somethings.

Delia and Zach were cute and sweetsie together, with only a little final act drama to throw a temporary spanner in the
lazybookconqueror
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nothing groundbreaking, but hella cute. Are you looking for a super quick, sweet and fun book with minor drama? Look no more.
jenny
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You’re the best wrong number that’s ever happened to me.
YES! I loved Let’s Get Textual! It was such a refreshing read, I just flew through the book and couldn’t stop smiling. We have a funny and authentic heroine, Delia, as well as a (kind of) nerdy, sexy hero, Zach:
“You know how old you are in dog years?” His lips twitch as he tries to hold in a shy smile. “Uh, yeah. I was bored and used Google. Google is a dangerous weapon, by the way. Anyway, if I was a Golden Retriever,
Sara
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

You are going to love this quick, quirky, flirty read about two people who connected through a wrong number!

Delia and Zach are so much fun! Their text banter is hysterical. The story is sweet - a meet cute through a text sent to the wrong number leads to flirty texting, a date and so much more. There is a baby goat, sassy roommates and meddling stepbrothers! Seriously, this book has just about everything.

This is a light read and is mostly relationship development between Delia and Zach,
Mellie Antoinette
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was adorable. An easy, flirty read.

But ... *rant attack* ... why is it that characters in romance novels are always milliobillionares with tons of free time on their hands? Is everyone making money without me?!?! I get this is the romance genre - home of unrealistic expectations since 1439/1440, but do we all have to be non-Profit company owning Christian Grey gym monkeys to be considered attractive enough to have a story?
DW
Four, I Love Nerds stars. Right book at the right time 😁
shre ♡
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it
*2.5/3*

don't you just love it when authors introduce unnecessary and useless conflict just for the sake of having conflict? and when said conflict is a misunderstanding that could've been solved in two seconds if this little concept called C-O-M-M-U-N-I-C-A-T-I-O-N was used. and when the resolution to said conflict is predictable and unsatisfying and you're kind of just like....not only did y'all waste your time but you had to waste mine too?

anyway, enough snark. i'm disappointed cause this bo
☽☆Jean☠BookRampage☆☾
This book was fucking adorable. I can’t even begin. Plus, the love interest is a hot nerdy guy. Not enough of those in romance books at all! Give me more!!!!
The book was also hilarious so if you’re feeling crumby and want something to cheer you up then please do yourself a favor and read this!!!
Some Like It Hot!: aṗʀiʟ вʘ†ϻ~ Let's Get Textual 25 26 Apr 24, 2019 07:42PM

• The Perfect First (Fulton U, #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • Dear Ava
  • The Third Best Thing (Fulton U, #3)
  • My Favorite Souvenir
  • Dirty Letters
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Love, Sincerely, Yours
  • The Studying Hours (How to Date a Douchebag, #1)
  • IOU
  • Jock Row (Jock Hard, #1)
  • The Second We Met (Fulton U, #2)
  • Hotshot Doc
  • A Lie for a Lie (All In, #1)
  • The Locker Room
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • A Favor for a Favor (All In, #2)
  • One Moment Please (Wait With Me, #3)
I’m a Missouri-raised gal, but currently live in South Carolina with my Marine veteran husband. I spend my days begging him for a cat, and I survive off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When I’m not writing, you can find me binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. I like cold weather, buy more paperbacks than I’ll ever read, and I never say no to brownies.

Texting (4 books)
  • I Wanna Text You Up (Texting, #2)
  • Can't Text This (Texting, #3)
  • Text Me Baby One More Time (Texting, #4)

Articles featuring this book

"Not long ago, if you wanted to meet someone new, you’d have to attend a singles mixer or get a friend to set you up on a blind date," says roman...
“Me: Cake, brownies, ice cream? GO!
Zach: Yes.
Me: NO! Pick one! HURRY
Me: I’m at the store getting ready to check out and I NEED TO KNOW. I can’t decide. Help a cute, hangry girl out, would ya.
Zach: How about…a brownie cake with ice cream.
Me: I think I just came.
Zach: I am known for my skills.”
12 likes
“Releasing me, he backs up and strips off his shirt then shucks his jeans.

I burst into laughter.

Zach glances down at his underwear and hangs his head. “Why did I have to wear this pair today? Why?”

“What? I think they’re hot.”

“You think my Harry Potter underwear are hot?” I nod. “You are my dream girl.”

I grin and shake my head as I make my way to my bed. I do my best to straighten the covers before pulling back my side and climbing in.

“I think you were right earlier.”

“About?” he asks, standing on the other side.

“This bed isn’t big enough for two. I think we’ll have to snuggle.”

He smirks as he slides in, getting as close to me as possible. I don’t hesitate to match his movements—though I probably should. I should be weirded out that Zach’s in my bed. I shouldn’t gravitate toward him like I do.

But I can’t help it. Zach makes me feel…comfortable. Safe. Warm. Wanted.

We’re lying face to face in the middle of the bed, the blanket draped over our waists, grinning at each other like fools.

“What?” I whisper.

“I made it in.”

“What?” I ask again, confused.

“Your special Hufflepuff-only chamber of secrets.”

“Did you really just…” Laughter consumes me and I’m rolling to my back and covering my face in embarrassment…for him. “You are such a nerd, Zach.”
7 likes